Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 hours ago, ... said:

I missed the new episode is there a video of the episode on Youtube

Please don't come into these threads asking people for links to episodes or whatever.

881.gif
When I first saw this funny part, I fooled myself into thinking "What Is Love" was about to start playing. 

• Thumbs Up 7

This episode was okay. Though they end up going to places already shown in Season one, there were some new ridiculous attractions to go with it. The rap scene was nicely done, and the humorous moments were:

• Sonic and Knuckles' straight faces when they don't recall the events of the Boy Band episode. 
  • Knuckles accidently destroying the car attraction and he and Tails whistle pretending nothing happened. 
  • The ending, Sonic trying to get to Tails while Knuckles holding him back was funny, maybe the expressions had something to do with it.

The expressions here were nicely done in this episode! One cool moment was when Sonic bursts out of the van with the Blue Force One during the chase scene. (How did they fit that thing in the van?) Also the bandit sorta reminded me of Nack face wise, although here he's a lot more creepy.

Though I'm more curious about next weeks episode. 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

The entire bit with the Bike Chain strangler had me rolling. That was just hysterical.

He was so freaky, I can't believe he tried choking Knuckles with a chain!

Another enjoyable episode. Season 2 is really proving to be a step above.

The Dreamboat Express callback was well implemented here. I was glad they were able to fit that in somewhere. Its also nice to see Sonic, Tails and Knux revive their ability to bust out coordinated lyrics out of thin air, with zero practice beforehand - another nifty callback to a joke made in season 1. You gotta like how the writers developed the loosely connected lure of season 1 to make a bunch of jokes and story arcs for season 2. Makes what started out a series of a bunch of oneshots come together into something cohesive.

Favorite parts? I think the segments with the cop stole the show. Knuckles egging him on while he was laying into Sonic was great and Sonic's medical condition defense is exactly the kind of self-aware writing I expect from the series.

Season 2 does pretty well for itself when it pulls plot lines from season 1. I can only hope we see more and more of that as the episodes keep churning out.

• Thumbs Up 5

Alan Denton has just tweeted details about co-writing "Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles":

And there it is. This episode and "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation" are officially two sides of the same coin.

Sam and Max. And Knuckles. The bit where the Chain Strangler appeared at the window scared the hell out of me! A good episode all round! 

Hi, may I ask that we not post direct links to episodes? If people really want to find them, I'm sure they don't have much legwork to do.

This episode was OK. I have some questions. 1) Why was Knuckles the only one who frequently needs to take a rest stop, instead of the other Team Sonic members in each turn? 2) What was Sonic thinking when he forcefully took the wheel and foolishly let Knuckles take the wheel? 3) Why didn't the police officer take the chain -- in the back seat of the Dudemobile -- to the Forensics team to analyse and 4) Was the police officer so obsessed with catching the Chain Bandit that he led himself to believe that anyone wearing a chain has to be an accomplice?

2 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

This episode was OK. I have some questions. 1) Why was Knuckles the only one who frequently needs to take a rest stop, instead of the other Team Sonic members in each turn? 2) What was Sonic thinking when he forcefully took the wheel and foolishly let Knuckles take the wheel? 3) Why didn't the police officer take the chain -- in the back seat of the Dudemobile -- to the Forensics team to analyse and 4) Was the police officer so obsessed with catching the Chain Bandit that he led himself to believe that anyone wearing a chain has to be an accomplice?

Y'see these are new things called "Jokes" that are designed not specifically to be logical but just to bring a chuckle or a laugh to people usually due to the absurdity of the situation.

Anyway I'm kinda glad Alan confirmed that the Bike Chain Bandit was based on the hitchhiker from Tiny Toons How I spent my summer vacation. I'm a big Tiny Toons fan and was feeling some serious deja vu  with that scene.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Y'see these are new things called "Jokes" that are designed not specifically to be logical but just to bring a chuckle or a laugh to people usually due to the absurdity of the situation.

I see nothing funny about 'jokes' 1, 2 and 3. ESPECIALLY 'Joke' 2. Some people could have been injured or they could have died.

The Planes, Trains and Dude-mobiles episode was one of the funniest episodes that didn't include Dr. Eggman. The part where Sonic, Knuckles and Tails were driving in the woods at night was the best parts of the episode. Also the radio segment reminded me of the tv news segment from The Nasty Patty episode of Spongebob. Has anyone noticed that both Sanzaru Games and Technicolor Animation Productions both are working on Sonic Boom and the Sly Cooper TV shows and games.

Staff note: Don't post links to episodes.

Staff has already asked that links to episodes not be posted here in this topic. That includes channels of said episodes. Anyone failing to adhere to this will have their posts deleted on the spot along with the possibility of additional disciplinary action so please don't do this. Brief clips of episodes are fine to post here but not full episodes of Sonic Boom.

Unrelated but per observing this topic I saw quite a bit of double posting here if not beyond that which is against the rules we have established here. Either you edit your previous post, wait for someone else to post, or you have to wait 3 days in between your posts if no one posts between now and then. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I see nothing funny about 'jokes' 1, 2 and 3. ESPECIALLY 'Joke' 2. Some people could have been injured or they could have died.

No they couldn't have. Because they're cartoons.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe you should consider the possibility that you are not mature enough to enjoy this show?

• Thumbs Up 5

Is Robots From The Sky Parts 1-4 in CN HD On-demand in the US yet? Does anyone else think that the season finale will be a five-part episode?

8 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Maybe you should consider the possibility that you are not mature enough to enjoy this show?

Or maybe I'm too mature to enjoy the show as a whole. Joke 1 got me thinking about Knuckles needing to go to the bathroom all the time. It could be a four-headed thing, it could be a smaller bladder thing or it could be that he needs to see a doctor. I was really worried about him.

Joke 3 had me wondering if the police officer was so obsessed with finding the Bike Chain Bandit that he led himself to believe that anyone wearing or carrying a chain has to be an accomplice. The first half of Joke 2 disturbed me and still does to this day. I know it's a cartoon, but someone could have ended up injured or dead. Imagine yourself driving really well and someone forcefully takes the wheel. Anything could have happened.

The second half of Joke 2 had me question why Sonic didn't let Tails take the wheel. He knows Knuckles fully well, so he should know what he's capable of. The second joke just had Sonic put himself and his teammates in danger twice.

Or maybe I'm too mature to enjoy the show as a whole.

Are you saying that anyone who does enjoy Sonic Boom as a whole is immature? That's pretty ironic.

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

GUYS. Sonic Boom is a nominee for the Choice Animated TV Show award at this year's Teen Choice Awards on Fox.

I repeat, SONIC BOOM IS A NOMINEE.

This kind of exposure is always a good thing.

Nice! Hopefully this exposure will lead to more views.

But I'm honestly surprised. With how terrible the marketing for Boom has been, you wouldn't expect it to get recognized and stand along side big shows like Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and the liking.