Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, blazefan519 said:

Nice! Hopefully this exposure will lead to more views.

It would help if it wasn't stuck on a channel no one has, along with the fact that there is no legal way of watching it online on demand any more... I'm glad this show got nominated, but it is screwed from winning. People have no convenient way of watching it, and it's up against shows that are easier to access on many different tv show formats. 

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

It would help if it wasn't stuck on a channel no one has, along with the fact that there is no legal way of watching it online on demand any more... I'm glad this show got nominated, but it is screwed from winning. People have no convenient way of watching it, and it's up against shows that are easier to access on many different tv show formats. 

The odds are stacked against us, I will grant you that, but the fact that this show got nominated at all is a win in my book.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just being nominated shows that its swinging way above its weight class.

As far as all those other shows are concerned, Boom is a second class citizen banished to the far corners of peoples attention. And it STILL overcame all that to be recognized on that short list. Goes to show you that strong writing can't be kept down. Season 2 has been that good.

• Thumbs Up 9

I find it kind of ironic how Sonic Boom never got a Kids Choice Awards Nomination, despite being a show geared towards kids, yet it ended up getting nominated for a Teen Choice Awards in 2017. Aw well, Kids Choice awards are kind of a joke anyways, for the past few years, their nominations have been a huge joke.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Boom's competition is Rick and Morty, Gravity Falls, Bob's Burgers, and Steven Universe. All I can say to that end is "good luck."

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, SonicWind said:

GUYS. Sonic Boom is a nominee for the Choice Animated TV Show award at this year's Teen Choice Awards on Fox.

I repeat, SONIC BOOM IS A NOMINEE.

This kind of exposure is always a good thing.

The fact that it got nominated there of all places is quite suprising! I don't expect it to win, but it's nice to hear it's got some nominations!

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Sonic Boom's competition is Rick and Morty, Gravity Falls, Bob's Burgers, and Steven Universe. All I can say to that end is "good luck."

I'm not expecting it to win above those shows. ( Eh, except for family guy) It's still pretty impressive that made in that category to begin with. I honestly wasn't expecting that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh right, I forgot to mention: For some reason, you're allowed to vote for the same category 10 times a day. I have no idea why.

So, you know what to do:

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic Boom has already won a few awards with one more being won would greatly increase the chances of Sonic Boom's popularity and coming back to CN. With even better chances at Season 3. Hopefully when season 3 gets released (and put back on CN) and Sly premieres on CN we get advertising for both shows airing right next to each other.

I kind of doubt it will win, but wow, congrats to the Boom crew, to think the show itself would get nominated there and put up against Rick & Morty, Steven Universe and Gravity Falls is in itself a win in my book. They could've honestly gotten any other show nominated in Boom's place, so this is a surprise.

• Thumbs Up 5

The show being nominated for a Teen Choice Award confuses me. The show doesn't really seem to be too popular, having very little reaction from media/pop culture websites (VERY few websites have talked much about the show, i've only seen reviews/articles about it from Kotaku, talking about episodes 1 and 2, Nintendo Life talking about the first eight, and Unleash The Fanboy which wrote a pretty negative review for episodes 1 and 2, outside of a few smaller sites and SEGA fansites, and since the early hype wore off I haven't seen any articles) and fan buzz/fandom activity doesn't seem to be pretty big, especially compared to the nominees which are probably the biggest animated shows on TV right now. Of course, maybe i'm wrong.

Still, good for it. 

Also, about MysteriousGirl92, I think you're taking this all too seriously. It's a cartoon, it's not afraid to play with the real world laws, most shows do stuff like that. However I do disagree that she's not "mature" enough to enjoy the show, no offense to the show itself but it's hardly a "mature" kid's show in the way of things like Zootopia, who dealt with racism/prejudice, the War on Drugs, political scare tactics/fear, and government corruption beneath it's shiny surface, or like Steven Universe, which regularly deals with themes such as rape, abuse, consent, PTSD, war, and attempted murder, and even PBS Kid's Arthur which has dealt with the death of a pet, drug addiction, corrupt businesses, cancer, Alzheimer's Disease, Asperger's/Autism, and child obesity. Sonic Boom is just a kid's comedy show, without much in the way of dark/mature/complex themes.

• Thumbs Up 1

db82b8a185109a728dea937d33dc7b26cddf39f6

"A-A-Aw jeez Rick, whatta mean we gotta compete with a blue fast hedgehog?" 

latest?cb=20160923150728

"L-L-Look Morty, I-I-I don't know alright? Alright? You little moron. But we're up against Sonic the Hedgehog. You know who that is MORTY? O-Only *burp* one of the biggest video game franchises to date. M-Morty, you don't know how much danger we're in". 

latest?cb=20170217193441

"Come on Rick, it can't be that bad". 

rick-and-morty-season-3-creators-tease-a

"Not that bad Morty?! I-I-It's the Sonic fanbase Morty! They're a bunch of animals Morty! Rip you apart over eye colour of all things M-Morty! You thought things were bad when we pissed off those Samurai Jack fans? We piss off these guys, and we'll be dead faster than you can "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub". 

"Aw jeez Rick, eye colour? Really?" 

Anyways...

Huh, impressive. Seems Season 2 is really hitting it off with older fans at least to be included with Steven Universe, Rick and Morty and such. Hopefully Season 3 of Boom doesn't get as big a delay as Rick and Morty's got.

• Thumbs Up 9

11 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I voted for Sonic Boom

Don't get me wrong, If you love the show that's fine, but are you honestly trying to say it's better than Rick & Morty and Steven Universe?

Remember, the point of the vote is to pick which one is best, not which one needs support.

2 minutes ago, pppp said:

Don't get me wrong, If you love the show that's fine, but are you honestly trying to say it's better than Rick & Morty and Steven Universe?

Remember, the point of the vote is to pick which one is best, not which one needs support.

I think anyone can vote for who they want to.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Chameleon94 said:

I think anyone can vote for who they want to.

I never said otherwise, I just think voting like that is a disservice to the poll.

6 minutes ago, pppp said:

Better is subjective. Keep in mind, I think Rick and Morty's one of the best shows released to date, but someone else's opinion might have them deem it as meh, and prefer Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, pppp said:

I never said otherwise, I just think voting like that is a disservice to the poll.

True. But maybe he prefers Sonic Boom? I wish I could vote, I don't watch the other cartoons, I only watch Sonic Boom because I'm attached to the characters, but I live in Italy so I can't. Congratulations for the nomination anyway!

Just now, pppp said:

He never said he was voting just to support it though. Maybe he just legitimately likes it the best.

Cartoon Network promoted the vote! But, they also completely ignored the fact that they had more than one show nominated. Rude.

Maybe they just consider it a Boomerang show at this point.

5 minutes ago, Kellan said:

Cartoon Network promoted the vote! But, they also completely ignored the fact that they had more than one show nominated. Rude.

Maybe they just consider it a Boomerang show at this point.

It's possible they're just not releasing the two posters at once. I'd say keep an eye out.

"Og Man Out" was really disappointing to me, the plot was good (Nice to bring the frog guys back) but the action scenes were one-sided and lame, and there weren't any good jokes. These two bad eps disappoint me since Mech Suits Me was really good. Let's hope "Nine-To-Five Knuckles" is better.

2 hours ago, pppp said:

No, the point of the vote is to pick the one you like the most. That's how democracy works.

If it was all about picking which one was objectively 'the best' (which, incidentally, everyone will have their own view on) there'd be no point in having votes as one candidate would be singled out from the start.

And for the record, I'd watch Sonic Boom over Steven Universe anyday.

• Thumbs Up 4