Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just seen "Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles". And it had some pretty good jokes (the smaller chair) but in the end, it's a perfect example that Sonic Boom is getting worse (IMHO).

Season 1
"I have an idea. You know boybands? Let's make an episode that parodies the whole premise, with two funny songs and 'Dreamboat Express' as a name'.
"And maybe make Sonic guitar slightly similar to one from Underground for subtle reference."

Season 2
"Remeber that great episode we did last time? Let's return the band. Except now their songs will be unironic, with no jokes."
"Hmm, something missing... Let's slap yet another Sonic reference, 'gotta go fast'. We already used in this episode, but who cares. We can't go one episode without memes. They like real jokes, only less funny and easier to write."

On 18.06.2017 at 9:42 PM, SonicWind said:

"And let's call this song a love letter to 80s montage, even what our heroes are doing during a song is clearly not a montage."

1 hour ago, RLS Legacy said:

No, the point of the vote is to pick the one you like the most. That's how democracy works.

Depends on the voting system you use. Sometimes a democratic process is to try to ensure that the choice you don't want to win, loses.

(Sorry, I have a Political Science Degree lol)

@MetalSkulkBane

Are you seriously hating on the medical condition joke? Do you even have a soul bro?

3 hours ago, pppp said:

Don't get me wrong, If you love the show that's fine, but are you honestly trying to say it's better than Rick & Morty and Steven Universe?

Remember, the point of the vote is to pick which one is best, not which one needs support.

I like Rick and Morty, but I personally like Sonic Boom more. Rick and Morty is funny and sometimes clever, but there are still too many episodes that drag on, due to the improv nature of the show's dialogue. Sometimes Rick's drunken stuttering and ranting can really drag the fun out of some episodes. 

It's easier for me to vote for Sonic Boom, since it's the only show I'm currently tuning into weekly for new episodes. Rick & Morty has been taking a lot longer than expected for more episodes, excluding their surprise season 3 premiere on April Fools.

I personally enjoy Sonic Boom a lot better.  So what? 

26 minutes ago, ... said:

If Sonic Boom wins the Teen Choice Awards do you think that will convince SEGA to promote the show more

It won't win lol

Just now, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Will Sonic Boom still get a Season 3 whatsoever?

We'll have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, ... said:

maybe it will I have seen a lot of votes for it we have to wait and see

Sonic Boom got another ratings low

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/06/20/sonic-boom-tv-ratings-season-2-week-32/

How many votes does Sonic Boom currently have compared to everything else? A vote count for each would be good to see how Sonic Boom is doing against everything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

How many votes does Sonic Boom currently have compared to everything else? A vote count for each would be good to see how Sonic Boom is doing against everything else.

I don't think viewers/voters can see the current totals, they are hidden. 

9 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

@MetalSkulkBane

Are you seriously hating on the medical condition joke? Do you even have a soul bro?

I was mostly complaining about songs. Still, if you didn't know about 'gotta go fast' meme, would that joke even have sense?

Just out of curiosity, was the Dudemobile episode trying to say that what Tails did was worse than what Sonic did? Please do not flame me or anything.

Does anybody think that in a later episode Shadow will fight Metal Sonic? Another great idea for an episode, having Sonic take on both Shadow and Metal. Also according to an article on TSSZ news there are reports of possible Sonic Boom movies, now these will probably just be TV movies.

So let's make some wagers.

Realistically speaking, what are Boom's chances of winning the Teen Choice award?

Looking at it from a non-fan viewpoint, I mean.

39 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

So let's make some wagers.

Realistically speaking, what are Boom's chances of winning the Teen Choice award?

By looking through the number of tweets with hashtags "#ChoiceAnimatedTVShows" and "#(nominee) or just (nominee)" made in these 2 days, the amount for Sonic Boom is surprisingly huge. Even in comparison with other nominees.

Though it doesn't matter much in Twitter. It does in TCA cite. And the number of voters in there is unknown, so... yeah.

47 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

Normally, going up agaisnt nationally syndicated shows would be a death sentence. Its kinda hard to compete with shows that can easily reach so many more people.

That being said, popularity contests like this can be swayed by a minority. Since there is only a soft cap when it comes to voting limitations, a smallish dedicated community could theoretically tip the scales by mobilizing ballot stuffing behavior (I believe someone posted a vid of spam bot a little while ago). You see it all the time in other voting contests, like the NBA All-Star game. Often times, most times even, name recognition and fanbase mean more to a nominee becoming a winner that his actual stats or deserving to be there.

Its a toss up. You know the race can be swayed either way. Its mostly about who wants it more and orginises the best efforts to nab votes.

One thing to make note of, is that the Sonic community has a very large presence online as of late. Probably more active than any of the other entries combined. If the Sonic Twitter feed gets behind the idea, and pushes people to vote with incentives, that would be hard for the other shows to compete.

21 hours ago, SonicWind said:

We'll have to wait and see.

Isn't that shit up again rick and morty?

Yeah nah its done son. 

On a scale from most anticipated/most liked to least favorite, which would you pick from best to worst.

Sonic Boom

Sonic 2019 movie

Sly Cooper Movie

Sly Cooper TV Show

Ratchet & Clank movie

Skylanders Academy

Angry Birds Movie

Angry Birds Toons

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

Oh hey, the official Sonic the Hedgehog twitter actually mentions Boom being nominated for the Teens' Choice Awards.

• Thumbs Up 4

21 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Oh hey, the official Sonic the Hedgehog twitter actually mentions Boom being nominated for the Teens' Choice Awards.

Nice! This'll get us a significant boost.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Sega is really wanting to continue the Sonic Boom series, hopefully more games and season 3. Now this is the advertising needed to win, with already over 1000 likes and 796 retweets. Sonic Boom has a great advantage over the competition with it's very large fan base established for the past 26 years. Despite the fact that some of the fan base is divided over Boom, even people from the Classic/Modern side are still coming to like Boom.

Here's the plot summary for "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation":

And the title card for "Inn Sanity", written by the guy who brought us "Eggman the Auteur" last season:

Don't forget, Sam also wrote Nutwork and co-wrote No Robots Allowed as well! Looking forward to Inn Sanity!

3 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Here's the plot summary for "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation":

And the title card for "Inn Sanity", written by the guy who brought us "Eggman the Auteur" last season:

The crew of this show sure like to dress Knuckles up the most, lol. What is even going on here?! ?

55 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

The crew of this show sure like to dress Knuckles up the most, lol. What is even going on herw?! ?

Obviously because Knuckles is the most fashionable lol

You'd think Amy would be the one with the most outfit changes, yet it's mostly been Knuckles, especially in season 2.

Throughout the series, we've seen Knuckles dress as a Scottish Warrior (in a dream), Sonic's stunt double, Knuckles wearing Amy's blankets as a toga, an astronaut, a scuba diver, a teenage walrus girl, a business man, a Meh Burger employee, a bowler, and some rich female aristocrat in this upcoming hotel episode.

Eggman has also had plenty of outfit swaps as well, including footsy pajamas, bathing suit, workout clothes, a clown, and even his birthday suit (censored, of course).