Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

The title of next weeks episode Inn Sanity reminds me of the numerous uses of the term in the Crash Bandicoot series (anybody here remember Crash, the game that managed to compete with Sonic back in the late '90s alongside Spyro) like Crash's home island N. Sanity Island and N-Sane Trilogy (which releases next friday for PS4) just to name a couple. I thought there was going to be more space episodes for the second season. I know we only get details for each episode per week, but there was only one space episode and that was at the beginning of the season. We haven't even seen any characters outside of Knuckles, Eggman, Orbot and Cubot in space. Sonic Boom Season 2 and Sonic Forces are possibly the last two chances (for a while) Sega has to bring Blaze and Rouge back to more recent Sonic media, last time we saw them two involved in a story-related Sonic game was Sonic Generations in 2011.

3 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

The title of next weeks episode Inn Sanity reminds me of the numerous uses of the term in the Crash Bandicoot series (anybody here remember Crash, the game that managed to compete with Sonic back in the late '90s alongside Spyro) like Crash's home island N. Sanity Island and N-Sane Trilogy (which releases next friday for PS4) just to name a couple. I thought there was going to be more space episodes for the second season. I know we only get details for each episode per week, but there was only one space episode and that was at the beginning of the season. We haven't even seen any characters outside of Knuckles, Eggman, Orbot and Cubot in space. Sonic Boom Season 2 and Sonic Forces are possibly the last two chances (for a while) Sega has to bring Blaze and Rouge back to more recent Sonic media, last time we saw them two involved in a story-related Sonic game was Sonic Generations in 2011.

We still got to see Sticks in a space suit though.

12 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Here's the plot summary for "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation":

And the title card for "Inn Sanity", written by the guy who brought us "Eggman the Auteur" last season:

I've a feeling that Belinda (and possibly Charlie) will team up with Eggman for this week's episode. We saw Amy and Sticks dodge fire balls, Eggman's Scorpion bots do those, unless Belinda managed to steal some of those, or Charlie's Mech Suit ended up getting an upgrade...

For a split second I thought Knuckles and Eggman were on a boat, but then I realised it could be the top part of the lair. 

EDIT: By the way, Japan is getting the show next week!

EDIT #1453: Three images from the stream-

tumblr_orzrazNqIr1udzlioo1_1280.png

Dat dummy doll tho- and yes there was an actual doll on the stream too!

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Fusion Force said:

I've a feeling that Belinda (and possibly Charlie) will team up with Eggman for this week's episode. We saw Amy and Sticks dodge fire balls, Eggman's Scorpion bots do those, unless Belinda managed to steal some of those, or Charlie's Mech Suit ended up getting an upgrade...

For a split second I thought Knuckles and Eggman were on a boat, but then I realised it could be the top part of the lair. 

EDIT: By the way, Japan is getting the show next week!

EDIT #1453: Three images from the stream-

tumblr_orzrazNqIr1udzlioo1_1280.png

Dat dummy doll tho- and yes there was an actual doll on the stream too!

Reminds me of Eggman's target practice dummies from Sonic Adventure.

I think Robots From The Sky Parts 1-4 are on CN HD On-Demand now. In addition to Shadow and Metal, we can't forget the other returning Modern Sonic characters that are coming to Boom this season.

What better way to celebrate the Blue Blur's birthday than with preview images of tomorrow's Boom episode, "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation", right off of the Sonic Tumblr?

(Except playing all of the games. That one's too obvious.)

tumblr_orz7uo7EDN1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_orz7uo7EDN1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_orz7uo7EDN1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_orz7uo7EDN1u5cb23o4_1280.png

"While the boys are away at a concert, Sticks and Amy take some time off. But is Hedgehog Village truly safe?

Find out on tomorrow’s Sonic Boom, “Sticks and Amy’s Excellent Staycation”, airing at 6pm on Boomerang."

And the tags: #sonic boom #season 2 #we hope you agree that sonic scarecrow is somewhat terrifying #and one actually exists #be sure to check out our livestream to see the new hexed relative to Tails Doll #it's cursed

Speaking of the livestream, they said on there that Amy just... randomly had that Sonic scarecrow lying around. Creepy much?

53 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

What better way to celebrate the Blue Blur's birthday than with preview images of tomorrow's Boom episode, "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation", right off of the Sonic Tumblr?

(Except playing all of the games. That one's too obvious.)

tumblr_orz7uo7EDN1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_orz7uo7EDN1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_orz7uo7EDN1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_orz7uo7EDN1u5cb23o4_1280.png

"While the boys are away at a concert, Sticks and Amy take some time off. But is Hedgehog Village truly safe?

Find out on tomorrow’s Sonic Boom, “Sticks and Amy’s Excellent Staycation”, airing at 6pm on Boomerang."

And the tags: #sonic boom #season 2 #we hope you agree that sonic scarecrow is somewhat terrifying #and one actually exists #be sure to check out our livestream to see the new hexed relative to Tails Doll #it's cursed

Speaking of the livestream, they said on there that Amy just... randomly had that Sonic scarecrow lying around. Creepy much?

Is Eggman trying to trap Amy and Sticks with a Sonic decoy? What is going on here? 

Controversial opinion, but I wouldn't really be happy with SB winning the award. All the other shows have much greater followings, acclaim, fandoms, press coverage, merchandise, everything! It wouldn't really be representative.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Boom might still get a Season 3 however.  Why? Because:

1.  I've seen the show for almost 3 years.

2.  It might get confirmed in October of this year just like what happened about the current season now (Season 2) being confirmed in October of 2015.

3.  Sonic Boom might come back to Cartoon Network or maybe continue on with Boomerang or just move the show to Disney XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic Boom wins, that would be a great start to the 26th anniversary, along with Sonic Mania, Sonic Forces and announcement of Season 3. Sonic Boom has a good chance of winning with it's colossal (needed a word that meant bigger than huge) fan base, with an estimated 3 million Twitter followers and multiply that into 10 votes for 3 days that's about 9-10 million votes, the other shows don't stand a chance. However with the show on Boomerang not very many people know there is a second season. Sonic Boom wining would get the show better treatment and back on CN. I think a couple reasons being for CN putting Sonic on Boomerang is because, they don't like Sonic and want to support other shows that's Not Sonic, maybe because they think 30 minutes takes away too much time from TTG, that's nothing especially when TTG airs for up to 5 hours straight per day. Also I think with Mega Man coming to CN is another reason, to support a show nobody wanted and have it take the place of a show that everybody does like. Now with Sly Cooper (if it came to CN) I would understand, a show that everybody does want but Not replacing Sonic Boom. If Sonic Boom does come back to CN and Sly is on CN by then, I just hope they air both right next to each other.

9 hours ago, RushFan11 said:

All the other shows have much greater followings, acclaim, fandoms, press coverage, merchandise, everything! 

And that's just something we should sit back and accept as the norm? You think it's fair? You think that should be the natural order, that Boom should never be allowed a chance for more "followings, acclaim, fandoms, press coverage, merchandise, everything"?

• Thumbs Up 2

@RushFan11

Gonna have to agree with RLS in this case. The reason Sonic boom doesn't have much of the stuff you mentioned is because it was shoved aside by CN to only air approximately 2 hours a week on a channel most people probably don't have and it gets little to zero advertisement on said channel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

given the bad ratings (so bad it got booted off its original channel), boom obviously isn't getting a third season. no way people are gonna continue working on such an unpopular show

it's about time for it to end too; most cartoons last no more than about 3 years on air. the last episode of this season will probs air in the fall, so at least this show basically had a full lifespan

• Thumbs Up 1

@GucciBurr

The show seems to be doing good though in other countries. The problem was that CN put it in a seemingly bad time slot (early Saturday mornings) and gave it little advertisement; so it's really no surprise that the show got little views and got moved to Boomerang. Maybe the show might move to a different channel like Disney XD (though Bill Freiberger said in a tweet that it would be difficult to do so).

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, GucciBurr said:

given the bad ratings (so bad it got booted off its original channel)

"Bad ratings."

Yeah, no. Boom was routinely getting upward of 1.3 million viewers per episode when it was on CN (for reference, that's even more than some Adventure Time episodes). It's only when it was dumped on Boomerang that the ratings tanked.

CN moved it because they don't want competition for their precious fucking Teen Titans Go.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

"Bad ratings."

Yeah, no. Boom was routinely getting upward of 1.3 million viewers per episode when it was on CN (for reference, that's even more than some Adventure Time episodes). It's only when it was dumped on Boomerang that the ratings tanked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sonic_Boom_episode

clearly the ratings plummeted before it got booted to boomerang.

show got bad ratings; unsurprisingly, cn took it off.

5 minutes ago, GucciBurr said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sonic_Boom_episode

clearly the ratings plummeted before it got booted to boomerang.

show got bad ratings; unsurprisingly, cn took it off.

The ratings are poor at the start of the second season because CN didn't promote it at all and stuck it in a terrible timeslot. Nobody knew it was happening. We already know this.

You cannot honestly look at the daily schedule for Cartoon Network and try to tell me there isn't any preference for TTG there.

ratings still tanked before it went to boomerang tho; don't move goalposts

anyway my point is that regardless of why the ratings tanked, they've still been bad, so the show's obviously not gonna get a new season. 

1 minute ago, GucciBurr said:

ratings still tanked before it went to boomerang tho; don't move goalposts

anyway my point is that regardless of why the ratings tanked, they've still been bad, so the show's obviously not gonna get a new season. 

You keep throwing around words like 'bad' and 'tanked.' Out of interest, what, to you, would be 'good' ratings for a cartoon based on Sonic the Hedgehog? You can't realistically be expecting it to pull millions and millions.

i'm judging the ratings as ratings in general, not gonna give it special treatment because it's sonic

42 minutes ago, GucciBurr said:

i'm judging the ratings as ratings in general, not gonna give it special treatment because it's sonic

That doesn't really answer @RLS Legacy's question, which is what you consider good ratings to be. We need numbers, not generalities, to better understand your perspective.

From my perspective, I consider stuff like timeslot and advertising to be important as well when judging ratings. After all, you can't expect a show airing at 6AM on a Monday to do as well as a show airing at 8PM on a Sunday. Since Boom has been badly mishandled, the ratings its gotten are actually not bad. And before the Boomerang move, Boom consistently got into the top 50 shows in terms of Nielsen ratings-- TSSZ News has the most comprehensive listing of articles on this subject, written by @SSF1991, so I'd suggest looking over there or asking SSF1991 about it as he'd be much better at giving the lowdown on the situation. Heck, it would have rated higher than TTG (which saw its audience get cut in half this year to 500K despite being aired at almost every opportunity including several primetime spots) this year had it not been moved to Boomerang... which is quite suspicious, isn't it?

Also, ratings aren't a perfect representation of popularity. This is especially the case with Boom, as it has become hard to find thanks to weird timeslots and being moved to Boomerang, a channel very few people actually have. As a result, many have turned to OnDemand services, streaming services such as Hulu*, and even pirated episodes to get their Boom fix, none of which are reflected on Nielsen ratings. However, being nominated for a Teen Choice Award does indicate popularity pretty well, and so Boom being nominated there indicates that it at the very least has a substantial fandom. So does getting a second season and more episodes planned than any other Sonic show despite all the crap thrown at it.

So in short, I think you should elaborate more and provide evidence for your ideas. I find there's more evidence pointing to the ratings being the result of mismanagement than unpopularity, so it would be good to find other evidence besides waving around ratings like its your trump card.

*I am honestly curious as to what Sonic Boom's viewcounts are on streaming services. Does anybody know?

• Thumbs Up 7