Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

i liked the episode too..

i just found a bit annoying Sonic being a kinda selfish.. i mean its ok in some grade for this Sonic... but ehhhh..well anyways. :lol:  i think it totally worth to see Knuckles being so heroic this time.. i mean i loved the part when he said " i'm sorry for this asteroid, but i have a lot of friends on that planet" and Tails being worried about Knux.. and then he being so happy to know hes' ok.. i was wailing to see more of that  <3 

also Sticks' evil twin from another dimention XD hehe it reminded me certain dimention of evil versions of characters hehehe

tumblr_oh15eeZquj1uxsch4o1_1280.png  tumblr_oh15eeZquj1uxsch4o2_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Drawloverlala said:

i liked the episode too..

i just found a bit annoying Sonic being a kinda selfish.. i mean its ok in some grade for this Sonic... but ehhhh..well anyways. :lol:  i think it totally worth to see Knuckles being so heroic this time.. i mean i loved the part when he said " i'm sorry for this asteroid, but i have a lot of friends on that planet" and Tails being worried about Knux.. and then he being so happy to know hes' ok.. i was wailing to see more of that  <3 

also Sticks' evil twin from another dimention XD hehe it reminded me certain dimention of evil versions of characters hehehe

tumblr_oh15eeZquj1uxsch4o1_1280.png  tumblr_oh15eeZquj1uxsch4o2_1280.png

Speaking of the mirrors...

The mirror image doesn't show Stick's blue irises, makes you wonder if what she said is actually legit...

or it's an animation error

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Okay, who brought Classic Sticks into this show?

The power of alternate dimensions, Donnie muh boi!

Apparently in Spacemeggddonocalypse, there were some villagers we haven't seen before.

whoarethesepeople.png

According to ol' Billy Boi, only of these new villagers has a name, Beth the Shrew. Take a guess on who she is.

9 hours ago, Soni said:

The power of alternate dimensions, Donnie muh boi!

Apparently in Spacemeggddonocalypse, there were some villagers we haven't seen before.

whoarethesepeople.png

According to ol' Billy Boi, only of these new villagers has a name, Beth the Shrew. Take a guess on who she is.

I'm gonna guess it's the pink girl.

Anyway, we have more episode names, and order! After Nutwork, is an episode called The Biggest Fan. And then Alone Again Unnaturally.

Episode 6 is new, Anything you can do, I can do worser. After that is the diving episode, Sonic's fear. Then a new one, In the Midnight Hour.

No synopsis for the new episodes yet, and you can find the dates here: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP02040281&t=Sonic+Boom&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on 

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I thought I'd post my findings for Sonic Boom's ratings from the statuses. 

I found some ratings data for Sonic Boom TV.  http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-11-19-2016.html#comment-166943
toxVK9b.png
Oyy.... It didn't even make the top 150 Cable shows on Saturday. This makes sense when you consider that the episode not only aired earlier than the date CN announced for renewing Sonic Boom (CN announced December but started airing in November), but was also barely advertised (That one trailer doesn't count). It also wasn't spread around a lot that the show had switched channels either.

Goddammit CN and SEGA...

Yeah, I'm not very impressed right now. Here's hoping that if Season 3 ever comes along, the show switches networks. Actually, if there isn't any sort of binding contract, it would be optimal to make the switch now (and perhaps several months ago)-- but alas, there probably is.

Its very annoying because if CN hates the show so much, it should simply save money by not picking up subsequent seasons. There was nothing obligating it to air the second season-- it had no problems simply canceling shows like Young Justice and Sym-biotic Titan when it decided that they weren't in line with what the executives wanted for the channel, and those shows had and still have a much larger following than Sonic Boom-- so what's holding them back from doing the same with Sonic Boom? As I've said before, with Season 1 I kind of got it-- with the airing rights sorted out before the show had finished production, CN might have been under the impression that Boom was a different kind of comedy than what it is, but with Season 2 there's no reason for CN not to know what its getting into with Boom. Is CN really just this incompetent, or is this a matter of "if I don't like it, it must be bad and must be killed"? I hope its not the latter but I'm developing a suspicion of such.

• Thumbs Up 3

Does Cartoon Network just...have a grudge against this show or something? Is it a money thing?

Why the sheer incompetence?

• Thumbs Up 3

How many times do I have to say it?

I am sick and tired of this show being so grievously mistreated. This kind of treatment is slowly killing it. We may not see another season if this keeps up.

SEGA needs to realize this is happening and react accordingly, either forcing CN to treat Boom better or taking it off the channel entirely. This is stupid.

5 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Does Cartoon Network just...have a grudge against this show or something? Is it a money thing?

Like I've said before Cartoon Network within the last few years just has a grudge against anything that isn't an in house property.

3 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

How many times do I have to say it?

I am sick and tired of this show being so grievously mistreated. This kind of treatment is slowly killing it. We may not see another season if this keeps up.

SEGA needs to realize this is happening and react accordingly, either forcing them to treat the show better or taking it off the channel entirely. This is stupid.

This is the problem. I told Aaron Webber about the situation. What happened? No response. I tried asking a Kotaku writer to do a report. Nothing. It's like no one cares. And I don't know HOW we can take matter into our own hands. Spreading the word about the show won't help. 

Why would Kotaku respond? They don't cover that sort of thing do they?

And Aaron, being a representative of SEGA technically, is probably prohibited from talking about matters like that. 

Cartoon network isn't known to treat non-CN originals so fairly. ( Heck, their own shows get screw over too by showing Teen Titans go all day) That's why shows like pokemon or transformers have early time slots and have little promotion. Sonic Boom isn't any different. :V Complaining about it to show's producers isn't going to change anything. 

Going to CN was a big mistake on Sega's part. 

Personally, I would've sent it off to Netflix and Hulu. 

Wait, they're not going to be showing Spacemageddonocalypse on Cartoon Network this week? I don't have Boomerang, so I've been waiting for the rerun in order to watch it. And now they're not even going to show it? Why are they making so hard to support this show?

3 minutes ago, Kellan said:

Wait, they're not going to be showing Spacemageddonocalypse on Cartoon Network this week? I don't have Boomerang, so I've been waiting for the rerun in order to watch it. And now they're not even going to show it? Why are they making so hard to support this show?

It'll be on CN next week, along with this week's new-to-Boomerang episode, "Nutwork"-- the first full half-hour of new(-to-CN) episodes in quite some time.

For all that CN does wrong with Boom, at least they're willing to play catch-up.

Filling out a contact form on CN's website expressing my dissatisfaction at the way the show has been treated. I'm expecting a generic form letter, as is standard for most companies, but I hold small hope for a real response.

though if the response says something along the lines of "we value all our fans", I'm going to be really annoyed for about five minutes XP

38 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

It'll be on CN next week, along with this week's new-to-Boomerang episode, "Nutwork"-- the first full half-hour of new(-to-CN) episodes in quite some time.

For all that CN does wrong with Boom, at least they're willing to play catch-up.

You say that...

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

Filling out a contact form on CN's website expressing my dissatisfaction at the way the show has been treated. I'm expecting a generic form letter, as is standard for most companies, but I hold small hope for a real response.

though if the response says something along the lines of "we value all our fans", I'm going to be really annoyed for about five minutes XP

Glad to hear someone's saying something to them about this. Hopefully it gets through.

• Thumbs Up 1

This ticks me off. Why show a whole weekend of "Teen Titans go" when you have it on literally every. Single. Day. Of every. Single. Hour.  That crud's infuriates me to no zenith. I use to love "Cartoon Network" back in it's prime (CN city) now it's reduce to mere crudiness. I still love it, albeit some of it's shows that never gets air time. And then there are shows that are ending soon ("Regular Show" in January); but do they have the audacity to have it go out in a positive way? No. I'm losing my temper with this guys but unfortunately I have to pitch my TV series to them because they're the only competent ones out of the bunch ("Nickelodeon", "Disney"). And that's saying a lot.   

Back on topic, I got to see it through illegal means but I liked it. The Wihlem scream, Knuckles shattering the rock to mere pieces and Robotnik scamming people out of their money. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Legendary Fusion Kahuna said:

...At this point, it should go to Netflix.

it could go to Disney XD, they supposedly treat the shows they have well, (i don't know about Doraemon though, or Pac-Man?) depending who has satellite around in this forum.

19 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Someone probably doesn't see it as valuable, and can't get out of the contract they had, but its loose enough to do shit like this. It isn't like symbotic titan where they wrote it off  in their taxes 

• Thumbs Up 1

So, "Nutwork" was another great episode, perhaps the best Sticks-centric episode yet.

...It's also the second one in a row to break the fourth wall. I guess that's one other thing they're doing more of this season.

It was nice seeing an episode that focused on Sticks' tendency to see the world differently from everyone else. She definitely worked hard to ensure everyone knew her opinion was right. Also, it's a strange thing seeing a Sonic cartoon, of all things, get topical with real-world stuff like media fluff, selling out, and going against your beliefs.

Spoiler

Not only that, but the townspeople did something to stop Eggman for once. I'm sure those of you with a distaste for them appreciate that.

• Thumbs Up 2