Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I felt sorry for Sonic. And I liked it when he called everyone out on their behaviour.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I felt sorry for Sonic. And I liked it when he called everyone out on their behaviour.

It was an actually sad scene.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

It was an actually sad scene.

Sad, yet satisfying. It was like Sonic was standing up for himself. To me, at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, do a barrel roll said:

Another reason why I will leave this website (and not come back) is because I still see people on this website (and sometimes other websites) who say that the Sonic Boom TV show will probably be cancelled after season 2 which makes me really sad because I think this show really needs a season 3 and I need to watch more of this show

If you look at page 15 of this thread someone named @Zippo claimed that Sonic Boom will be ending after season 2 is over and the comments after that were people saying it will likely happen and it's for the best (I won't be too sad if the games will end I just hope they keep the TV show) I hope that rumor is not true but still it just makes me sad that my favorite Sonic show next to Sonic X might end after season 2

Like I said before I don't like talking or seeing people talk about how Cartoon Network is treating the show anymore but after the Hulu SVOD deal expires I just hope that Sonic Boom makes it to US Netflix because I think that's the only place left for the show

Heck it might even be the only way the show can get a season 3 because the show is meant for the US and even though it's doing well in other countries I don't think that will be good enough since the show is not doing very good in the US which is bad because the show is co-created in the US and it's meant for US people

It might come to US Netflix since there is a Boom Sonic icon on US Netflix for the character Sonic in the Netflix Kids section and it was mentioned in an article that SEGA made a global deal with Netflix with no mention of Hulu but I'm not sure

I apologize how the talk about CN can get depressing, but we bring it up, because we're concerned. Some of us love the show, and know CN 's neglect is doing harm to the show. We speak up not to depress others, but to express how unfair we think it is for the show's poor treatment. This is a thread about discussing Sonic Boom, and it can be hard to discuss the show without negativity, when so many people want to watch this show, but can't, due to Cartoon Network taking it away from them.

20 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I don't know personally I enjoyed Just a Guy. I can't really think of too many Boom episodes I don't like though TBH. I'm easy to please.

Which parts of 'Just a Guy' appealed to you? What did you think of the story? The dialogue? The moral (if there IS one)?

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Which parts of 'Just a Guy' appealed to you? What did you think of the story? The dialogue? The moral (if there IS one)?

I jut thought it was funny. I don't think to hard about Sonic Boom I just watch it laugh when I like a joke and move on.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I jut thought it was funny. I don't think to hard about Sonic Boom I just watch it laugh when I like a joke and move on.

Well, for me, it's a different story.

2 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Well, for me, it's a different story.

Well that sounds like your problem not mine.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

Well that sounds like your problem not mine.

I guess so. I just felt sorry for Sonic, you know?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

I see your point but I just want to watch the show

I'm not interested in using this website anymore and I don't like seeing people talk about how this show might end after season 2 because I think this show really needs a season 3 and I hope the show moves to Netflix after Hulu is done so the show can be treated better and I think it might be the only way the show can get a season 3 but I do not want to talk about how the show is getting treated anymore

Not everyone is talking like there won't be a season 3. The truth is that no season 3 has been officially confirmed, but that doesn't mean there won't be a season 3. We just have to wait and see.

So.

Not sure if anyone's noticed, but the whole 'Knuckles is a feminist' bit from the most recent Boom episode has blown up. The media are having a field day with it and it's trending on social media. The original Tweet about it is nearing 40k.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/01/sonic-boom-feminist/

Even Entertainment Weekly have done a piece on it.

Exposure is exposure, I guess. More views for Boom is always a good thing.

27 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

So.

Not sure if anyone's noticed, but the whole 'Knuckles is a feminist' bit from the most recent Boom episode has blown up. The media are having a field day with it and it's trending on social media. The original Tweet about it is nearing 40k.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/01/sonic-boom-feminist/

Even Entertainment Weekly have done a piece on it.

Exposure is exposure, I guess. More views for Boom is always a good thing.

Oh wow that's interesting. I figured the media would blow up about this considering the topic. Guess I'll add my two cents of what I thought about the episode.

I honestly loved this episode. The jokes were really great. As aforementioned the Knuckles Feminist joke was probably my favorite one. I'm not feminist myself and don't really affiliate myself with the movement but I think it's something that needed to be said since Amy always has the tendency to emphasize that she's a women and can do things, when there's really no need to, so Knuckles of all people calling her out on that was hilarious to me. I kinda like Cubot becoming all "zen" as well. We're always used to him being an idiot and whatnot so just like Orbot becoming evil for an episode, it was nice seeing Cubot being somewhat philosophical. And I love how sonic became all frantic from Amy being able to express herself, which for whatever reason offended someone here. He was gonna save the villagers anyway, all it was was just a little joke. Sonic's been throwing jabs at Amy for the past couple episodes and this is no different.

And I guess that's my overall thoughts on this. Pretty great episode and with all the leaked episode titles coming out, I can't wait to see how those episodes go too.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, RedFox99 said:

@blazefan519 I thought Amy was being a bit pretentious so Knuckles calling her out was amusing.

I mean, it's her usually schtik with her saying that just because she's a women she can do what a man can do, which she's done several times now. I find it less pretentious but more so self-confidence. However, her doing it so many times, I can see why some may consider it pretentious.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

I mean, it's her usually schtik with her saying that just because she's a women she can do what a man can do, which she's done several times now. I find it less pretentious but more so self-confidence. However, her doing it so many times, I can see why some may consider it pretentious.

Yeah especially in this case because it was during a soccer game with friends so her monologue could come off as unnesscary.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Yeah especially in this case because it was trying a soccer game with friends so her monologue could come off as unnesscary.

Yeah I can get that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, blazefan519 said:

Yeah I can get that.

The thing is that Amy can come of as someone who likes to point out other's flaws but not her own.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

The thing is that Amy can come of as someone who likes to point out other's flaws but not her own.

You know that's very true, which is a shame because I feel like she's being very nice when she offers to help other people. In fact, the Sonic's dream sequence in Fire in the Crowded Workshop pointed out that very fact. I still like her character, but there are some obvious sour spots with her here and there.

• Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

You know that's very true, which is a shame because I feel like she's being very nice when she offers to help other people. In fact, the Sonic's dream sequence in Fire in the Crowded Workshop pointed out that very fact. I still like her character, but there are some obvious sour spots with her here and there.

Exactly. I like her boom version but sometimes she can be a bit of a jerk. Closed Door Policy and Just a Guy are episodes I didn't enjoy Amy's character.

• Nice Smile 1

I'm happy this clip is blowing up, because Boom needs the attention. Hopefully it gets more people watching the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Canon joke was great. Its still got me chuckling.

Great Episode. Highly enjoyable and it found a way to shine a spotlight on Orbot and Cubot to boot. Gotta love Eggman dropping everything and letting Sonic and Co. clean up his mess while he took the day off to do god knows what.

Oh, and they stole the fry joke from the Boom comics. After the Me-bot from last week, its nice to see that kind of back and forth between the comic and the book.

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The Canon joke was great. Its still got me chuckling.

Great Episode. Highly enjoyable and it found a way to shine a spotlight on Orbot and Cubot to boot. Gotta love Eggman dropping everything and letting Sonic and Co. clean up his mess while he took the day off to do god knows what.

Oh, and they stole the fry joke from the Boom comics. After the Me-bot from last week, its nice to see that kind of back and forth between the comic and the book.

O shoot, how did I forget about that joke, that was so funny!