Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

What did SpongicX say?

I remember him saying that she was friendlier. How did you think she was?

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I remember him saying that she was friendlier.

Do you think Sonic lied to Amy about sharing the credit (when he gave away all his credit) or do you think she deluded herself into thinking that Sonic chose to share the credit (when he told her that he gave away all his credit)?

2 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Do you think Sonic lied to Amy about sharing the credit (when he gave away all his credit) or do you think she deluded herself into thinking that Sonic chose to share the credit (when he told her that he gave away all his credit)?

I don't know maybe it was just a small mistake. I don't think it really matters

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I don't know maybe it was just a small mistake. I don't think it really matters

OK.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

I mean she at least tried to cheer him up. 

Hmm, I don't know. I mean, she did convince him to give the tigrine actor another chance. He then took all the credit for Team Sonic's hard work and Sonic was rightfully angry about this. To be honest, I thought his whole team would be angry with Tommy.

Just now, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Hmm, I don't know. I mean, she did convince him to give the tigrine actor another chance. He then took all the credit for Team Sonic's hard work and Sonic was rightfully angry about this. To be honest, I thought his whole team would be angry with Tommy.

She didn't seem that bad in the episode from what I've heard.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

She didn't seem that bad in the episode from what I've heard.

Well, to me it felt like she was infatuated with Tommy, despite having a secret crush on Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Well, to me it felt like she was infatuated with Tommy, despite having a secret crush on Sonic.

It did seem weird. Maybe she felt tired of Sonic not trying to advance things in their relationship. 

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Maybe she felt tired of Sonic not trying to advance things in their relationship. 

Yeah, maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

It's nice that they called that out in the episode at least

But they're still using her as a strawman. It doesn't work that well because it's like "Hey look we're making fun of this character that we deliberately choose to write like this."

• Thumbs Up 1

Should I finish Season 1? I saw the first 14 and the finale episode, honestly it's just boring me. I kind of want to go ahead and go into Season 2. Are there any episodes I have to watch from Season 1 (and which ones)? 

Also between Boom Sonic and Boom Amy? Sonic is by far the biggest jerk. Of course he would, he's the one the writers remark as the biggest self-centered arrogant semi-jerk hero. And he's got the most episodes so he's had the most chances to be a "jerk" whereas Amy is the one with the least episodes, so less chances to be a jerk. Also in all her episodes it's everyone else that tends to be a jerk to her. Except the Sticks and Amy ones. Because Sticks is apparently the only Sonic Team member that doesn't like to do the whole sarcastic jerk act. Probably because she's to crazy and paranoid to care about sarcastic remarks.

2 hours ago, rosedust said:

Should you not be? You don't deserve a cookie for believing men and women should be equal.

Well there's also nothing wrong with saying you're one. But apparently some people care a lot if you say you are. And it didn't use to be such a huge deal. But post-GamerGate internet is clearly different from the one before.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I haven't watched it but she seemed to have been a lot friendlier in that one from what @SpongicX said.

I personally didn't like the Tommy Thunder episode, but I do agree Amy was alright in that episode. She really wanted Sonic to help Tommy Thunder out for no personal gain. She didn't force Sonic into it either, despite not wanting to.

Sonic pointed out how Tommy is so fake, and Amy suggests that's why helping Tommy would be a good thing, it would make Tommy's acting in movies more believable, to which Sonic agrees.

Sure, it bit Sonic later from how much of a jerk Tommy turned out to be, that wasn't Amy's fault though. She just saw someone beg for her friend Sonic's help, and she decided to try helping out. In the end, Amy complimented Sonic for not exposing Tommy as a liar, and called his decision mature.

Although I did not like the episode for Tommy's annoying character, I did enjoy Amy. She could have easily got annoyed with Sonic for not wanting to help Tommy, yet she was calm and friendly, with wanting to encourage Sonic to help. I would have rather seen a scene where Amy finds out Tommy was using her, and she gets mad for how he treated Sonic, but Amy was just trying to be friendly and helpful. I don't think she even had a chance to see Tommy take Sonic's credit.

Also you're all missing the point in that at the end of the day, it's a bunch of guys that choose to write Amy being "pretentious" because she is a fictional cartoon character that doesn't write herself because she isn't real. You're all "Oh it's nice to see a GIRL called out for this" when all these lines... and that characterization that people call pretentious... is written by guys who usually are trying to make fun of it. If anything the only thing tiring is that they've done the "i'm a woman hear me roar" joke enough. Why don't the writers make fun of themselves instead of a fictional character? Or better yet, write Amy better? They were on good tract this season but these last few episodes have been, man.... Well whatever. Point is, i'm tired. I was relatively okay with the joke at first but now everyone's turned it into yet another Let's Make Fun Of Girls And Fictional Female Characters That Are Written By Guys Anyway so now i'm kinda pissed.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

She didn't force Sonic into it either, despite not wanting to.

What do you mean by 'not wanting to'?

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

n the end, Amy complimented Sonic for not exposing Tommy as a liar, and called his decision mature.

I think she did that because she likes Tommy. I mean, REALLY likes him. While she may view Sonic's act as 'mature', I personally thought it was stupid. I mean, surely Tommy didn't do anything to deserve the credit, right?

3 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

What do you mean by 'not wanting to'?

I think she did that because she likes Tommy. I mean, REALLY likes him. While she may view Sonic's act as 'mature', I personally thought it was stupid. I mean, surely Tommy didn't do anything to deserve the credit, right?

Because Sonic didn't want to.

Even married folk have celebrity crushes, but that doesn't mean anything. My sister is happily married, yet she still likes to joke about having a crush on Orlando Bloom. Amy showed signs that she found Tommy dreamy, but she didn't show signs of wanting to marry him. Heck, Tommy probably used Amy, because he figured she had a thing for Sonic, and would make the perfect pawn to lure Sonic into coaching him on heroics.

We saw him try talking to Sonic earlier, but Sonic showed no signs of wanting to speak with him, Tommy didn't just go to Amy right away after that. He managed to get all of Sonic's friends involved, yet he chose Amy in particular to try talking with Sonic. It's not like Amy was stalking Tommy, which causes Tommy to realize he could use her.

Tommy was very manipulative, and managed to fool everyone but Sonic. Tommy fooled many into thinking he was a real hero, he fooled people into thinking Meh Burger had a VIP room, and he tricked Amy into making her feel sorry for him, and want to help his acting  out. Amy wasn't the only one who liked Tommy, and she wasn't the only one fooled by him either.

6 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

You're making mountains out of molehills pal. 

14 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

\Well there's also nothing wrong with saying you're one. But apparently some people care a lot if you say you are. And it didn't use to be such a huge deal. But post-GamerGate internet is clearly different from the one before.

I think most people who get offended when people say they are a feminist or see "feminist propoganda" in TV shows hate it because they're either:

1. Misinformed about feminism (probably by someone on 4chan with a Pepe Frog icon or on YouTube who's channel is all Let's Plays of Minecraft) or go by a different, unfactual definition. Usually men who think that feminism is supposed to "strip away" their rights (which would never, ever, happen lol) so they take their insecurities out on feminism.

2. Threatened by strong women/feminists because they aren't used to it, don't want to accept it.

3. Doesn't think feminism is needed anymore (which is wrong).

Usually when I meet someone like this I try to "educate them" (though I hate using that term) about issues, they don't really care lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or well Amy is written well. I think the problem is that the writers tend to not take her very seriously. Sticks suffers a little from this too. But more Amy really because Sticks has the "The Crazy Ones Are Always Right" trope going on.

Still, i'm not about to call this cartoon woke when it doesn't really treat it's female characters what I would call "good" nor give them nearly as many episodes as the males ones. But I won't make a huge deal out of it because it's just a cartoon, a funny not that deep cartoon. It's just everyone else making a huge deal out of it that's bothering me.

I mean it's nice that Boom is receiving some free publicity but man I hate when it happens like this. Boom is the last place where I wanna talk about politics...

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

Or well Amy is written well. I think the problem is that the writers tend to not take her very seriously. Sticks suffers a little from this too. But more Amy really because Sticks has the "The Crazy Ones Are Always Right" trope going on.

Still, i'm not about to call this cartoon woke when it doesn't really treat it's female characters what I would call "good" nor give them nearly as many episodes as the males ones. But I won't make a huge deal out of it because it's just a cartoon, a funny not that deep cartoon. It's just everyone else making a huge deal out of it that's bothering me.

I mean it's nice that Boom is receiving some free publicity but man I hate when it happens like this. Boom is the last place where I wanna talk about politics...

They really don't treat Amy that well at all, but that's the whole series. Ever since '06, in my opinion. Maybe even in that game cause they made her the least playable + didn't give her that much screentime at all. I mean, it's a show written by men. It's like white people writing for a all-black cast. Some of the stuff they're gonna write doesn't align with the group they're trying to portray.

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

he fooled people into thinking Meh Burger had a VIP room

Didn't Tommy say that Meh Burger DOESN'T have a VIP section?

7 minutes ago, rosedust said:

They really don't treat Amy that well at all, but that's the whole series. Ever since '06, in my opinion. Maybe even in that game cause they made her the least playable + didn't give her that much screentime at all. I mean, it's a show written by men. It's like white people writing for a all-black cast. Some of the stuff they're gonna write doesn't align with the group they're trying to portray.

Even Shadow the Hedgehog treated her poorly. Everyone else had at least 2 or more appearances in levels, yet Amy was featured for only 1 level...

Even Sonic Boom has been leaving her out of quite a bit, many episodes that had her as a big part of the plot managed to exclude her from most of the episode, and focused more on the villains. Give Bees a Chance really felt like the first episode to mostly focus on her, yet even that episode had a few moments that put a lot of focus on Eggman.

Amy is still the only main character in Sonic Boom to not be shown bowling, and not play a musical instrument. Season 2 has done a little better with her, but it feels very underwhelming from how much attention the others have gotten overall. I do like how we finally got to see Amy playing soccer with her friends, unlike Chez Amy, which tried so hard to make Amy feel alone and miserable. 

Amy's portrayal in Sonic Boom has gotten better, but it still feels empty at times, which is insane, because unlike Sticks and Knuckles, Amy has made at least one appearance in each season 2 episode so far, yet the show still doesn't do much with her. Sticks and Knuckles were even missing from a few episodes, yet they still had more to do this season! How many Knuckles and Sticks focused/costarring episodes have we gotten this season?!

That's what really upsets me about Amy's treatment in the show, she gets the fewest episodes, which makes it seem like the writers aren't giving her chances to shine. She's just making appearances now it seems, yet never gets a fair balance of actual productivity, or starring roles. She's just there to swing her hammer, or get made fun of. I want to see more improvements from her.

• Thumbs Up 2