Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

12 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Didn't Tommy say that Meh Burger DOESN'T have a VIP section?

No, he said it does, but Dave revealed there never was one. It is implied Tommy paid Meh Burger to fool others into thinking he was famous enough to get into a VIP room, but it turned out to be fake.

Just now, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Care to explain?

I did! I was talking about how she was barely included in that video game.

I thought the joke was that the VIP section of Meh Burger was supposed to be so secret that even if you were already there, you would be told it doesn't exist because you no longer have the money or fame to get in again.

5 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Even Shadow the Hedgehog treated her poorly. Everyone else had at least 2 or more appearances in levels, yet Amy was featured for only 1 level...

Even Sonic Boom has been leaving her out of quite a bit, many episodes that had her as a big part of the plot managed to exclude her from most of the episode, and focused more on the villains. Give Bees a Chance really felt like the first episode to mostly focus on her, yet even that episode had a few moments that put a lot of focus on Eggman.

Amy is still the only main character in Sonic Boom to not be shown bowling, and not play a musical instrument. Season 2 has done a little better with her, but it feels very underwhelming from how much attention the others have gotten overall. I do like how we finally got to see Amy playing soccer with her friends, unlike Chez Amy, which tried so hard to make Amy feel alone and miserable. 

Amy's portrayal in Sonic Boom has gotten better, but it still feels empty at times, which is insane, because unlike Sticks and Knuckles, Amy has made at least one appearance in each season 2 episode so far, yet the show still doesn't do much with her. Sticks and Knuckles were even missing from a few episodes, yet they still had more to do this season! How many Knuckles and Sticks focused/costarring episodes have we gotten this season?!

That's what really upsets me about Amy's treatment in the show, she gets the fewest episodes, which makes it seem like the writers aren't giving her chances to shine. She's just making appearances now it seems, yet never gets a fair balance of actual productivity, or starring roles. She's just there to swing her hammer, or get made fun of. I want to see more improvements from her.

True. I loved seeing Amy in Cryptic Castle though! The Miracle of Love (lol).

And yeah, from what I remember, wasn't Amy not even playable in one of the Sonic Boom games?

I totally agree! I would love more Amy episode because Amy is such a versatile character, y'know? She exhibits so many different traits. She can be emotional, she can be hotheaded, she can be super cheerful and preppy, she can be so much more than she's portrayed, and that goes for every single canon there is in my opinion. I'm gonna start watching Season 2 soon, and I hope that Amy's portrayal improves in the later episodes of the season. 

I've always said that I wanted a game starring Amy, cause she is a character that has so much to offer and can hold a deep and meaninful story.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I did! I was talking about how she was barely included in that video game.

I just wanted to know how SHADOW treated Amy poorly like you said. I'm just going to assume that he insulted her by destroying her work from the discount IKEA store.

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

No, he said it does

I listened again and Tommy said, "It doesn't" before winking at Tails. I could send you a link to that line if you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing about Amy being kidnapped in Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, is that her friends don't even show that much concern over it (yet another case of the series being mean to her). Except Sticks. It's treated as a joke because she is paranoid yes but it's nice to see someone actually concerned and freaking out over it.

Also Knuckles as more concerned too (well more that Sonic and Tails that is). I mean yeah there was a few jokes about it 'cause the trope is that he doesn't really understand what's happening cause he's "dumb" but at least he was worried. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

The thing about Amy being kidnapped in Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, is that her friends don't even show that much concern over it (yet another case of the series being mean to her). Except Sticks. It's treated as a joke because she is paranoid yes but it's nice to see someone actually concerned and freaking out over it.

Also Knuckles as more concerned too (well more that Sonic and Tails that is). I mean yeah there was a few jokes about it 'cause the trope is that he doesn't really understand what's happening cause he's "dumb" but at least he was worried. 

Knuckles portrayal also really annoys me. He is not a dumb guy, he's overly trusting, but he's not dumb in the slightest. He just lets his anger get in front of his eyes sometimes. It really ticks me off sometimes.

I don't really care about Sonic's portrayal and I find Tails' super annoying in every game anyways so it doesn't really matter.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good luck, beware of the episode "Strike", the ending is flat out cruel and depressing for Amy... That was one of my most hated episodes this season. Unlike other episodes that portrayed Amy poorly, that episode did nothing wrong with her, yet gave her such a cruel ending. I was depressed when I saw that ending.

How did someone as abusive as Eggman get such a happy ending, when all Amy did was try standing up or Orbot and Cubot's abuse from Eggman? I will admit I got a laugh out of the actual strike scenes, but that ending was horrible.

If I'm not mistaken, Strike was the 15th episode of the season, so far, everyone but Amy had an episode to themself. This was the first episode to show Amy the most out of Sonic's friends, yet she was treated so poorly, despite being so likable in that episode.

Luckily, things were getting better for Amy after that, shortly after, we got Amy's break out moment from the ending of Knine to Five Knuckles, then eventually The Unnamed Episode, and Give Bees a Chance. Ever since after  the Sticks and Amy episode however, Amy is going back to being a bit underused. She did get a good moment in the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom episode, however.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, rosedust said:

Knuckles portrayal also really annoys me. He is not a dumb guy, he's overly trusting, but he's not dumb in the slightest.

The Sonic Boom writers did that for comedy.

Knuckles portrayal also really annoys me. He is not a dumb guy, he's overly trusting, but he's not dumb in the slightest. He just lets his anger get in front of his eyes sometimes. It really ticks me off sometimes.

I don't really care about Sonic's portrayal and I find Tails' super annoying in every game anyways so it doesn't really matter.

If we're talking SEGA!Knuckles, if I remember the official explanation correctly for why he's so gullible is actually admirable, it's because he wants to believe that everybody has some good in them and can turn a second leaf. 

• Thumbs Up 6

7 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I just wanted to know how SHADOW treated Amy poorly like you said. I'm just going to assume that he insulted her by destroying her work from the discount IKEA store.

I listened again and Tommy said, "It doesn't" before winking at Tails. I could send you a link to that line if you want.

Shadow didn't treat her poorly, but the game itself  gave her only one level, while everyone else was featured multiple times..

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

The Sonic Boom writers did that for comedy.

I mean yeah, I get that. But comedy can't carry a whole show. Knuckles being like he is in canon and maybe a bit dimwitted at times? Perfect. Being dumb being his highlighted trait is just downright disrespectful to Knuckles as a character.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

Shadow didn't treat her poorly, but the game itself  gave her only one level, while everyone else was featured multiple times..

I think it's because Amy didn't really fit in the "atmosphere" of the game but it seems like a pretty crappy excuse. I love the Shadow/Amy dynamic a lot, but I'm not surprised they cut it. For some reason, they don't like to show the interactions between the two which sucks a lot (backed up by Sonic X not even giving Amy her moment on the Ark with Shadow in favor of... Chris Thorndyke? like that really shows how much they care about Amy). 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

That rubbed me the wrong way. The beginning set a tone where Amy was in danger, and Sonic was real worried, yet it cuts to everyone just standing around and making bad jokes, it really killed the tone for that game. Don't get me started on how stupid it got later, when it finally cuts to Amy. I was like "seriously Lyric?!" The writing in that game was even worse than Rise of Lyric!

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If we're talking SEGA!Knuckles, if I remember the official explanation correctly for why he's so gullible is actually admirable, it's because he wants to believe that everybody has some good in them and can turn a second leaf. 

For sure; Knuckles is a very admirable and likable character. He's just so one-dimensional now, it sucks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Shadow watch

Any word on the shadow episode

Don't know, but I'm hoping he delivers. I saw the finale episode just for him and I was... kind of disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Shadow watch

Any word on the shadow episode

No not yet.

I hope we get an Amy episode soon because like @SpongicX said she gets the least amount of focus, less than Knuckles and possibly even Sticks.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

That's pretty good. I wish people knew this more...

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know, but I'm hoping he delivers. I saw the finale episode just for him and I was... kind of disappointed.

Well they said they were afraid to write a shadow episode. So they wrote an episode where he's barley in it, its not about him, doesn't get to finish a fight and essentally just feels sorry for eggman. 

Maybe they will be confident and write an episode about him himself. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Well they said they were afraid to write a shadow episode. So they wrote an episode where he's barley in it, its not about him, doesn't get to finish a fight and essentally just feels sorry for eggman. 

Yeah. Pretty underwhelming for a finale, let alone a fan favorite.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, rosedust said:

Yeah. Pretty underwhelming for a finale, let alone a fan favorite.

Agreed. Team Sonic wasn't even the main focus

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Agrees. Team Sonic wasn't even the main focus

Plus Shadow's lines were... bad.

• Thumbs Up 1