Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, Shadowlax said:

I didn't really expect any better

True. Which is very... sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Maybe they make the episode a little more serious. I kind of wish they explain S hadow's backstory with Sonic.

It'll probably be something stupid, sadly. Though I will hold out hope that it's something good. And more Shadow/other main character interactions.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, rosedust said:

It'll probably be something stupid, sadly. 

"You'll forever regret stealing my sandwich out of the fridge, Sonic!"

"Is that what this is about? IS THAT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT?! What is wrong with you?!"

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

"Is that what this is about? IS THAT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT?! What is wrong with you?!"

The fact that I can see this happening is very concerning...

• Chuckle 2

IIRC its about a cave so who wants to bet that, its just a batman joke

I mean they could do something genuinely interesting about why he's in the cave or do something cool, but its sonic boom. So it will be a batman joke, because... why try

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

Okay but that's pretty funny tbh. 

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If we're talking SEGA!Knuckles, if I remember the official explanation correctly for why he's so gullible is actually admirable, it's because he wants to believe that everybody has some good in them and can turn a second leaf. 

Even Sonic X acknowledged it early on in the last season. Cosmo didn't give Knuckles a hard time for constantly falling for Eggman's tricks, and sensed it was because of his ability to want to see the good in people.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, SpongicX said:

Even Sonic X acknowledged it early on in the last season. Cosmo didn't give Knuckles a hard time for constantly falling for Eggman's tricks, and sensed it was because of his ability to want to see the good in people.

Probably one of the only things the last season did right.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, rosedust said:

I think most people who get offended when people say they are a feminist or see "feminist propoganda" in TV shows hate it because they're either:

1. Misinformed about feminism (probably by someone on 4chan with a Pepe Frog icon or on YouTube who's channel is all Let's Plays of Minecraft) or go by a different, unfactual definition. Usually men who think that feminism is supposed to "strip away" their rights (which would never, ever, happen lol) so they take their insecurities out on feminism.

2. Threatened by strong women/feminists because they aren't used to it, don't want to accept it.

3. Doesn't think feminism is needed anymore (which is wrong).

Usually when I meet someone like this I try to "educate them" (though I hate using that term) about issues, they don't really care lol.

Well, I guess I should explain it in my way since it's good to have both perspectives, but why some people or at least me get a little miffed when feminism is mentioned is because

1. Modern Feminisim is not really considered a good thing because how radical some of them are. It's not all of them, but the one's who are the worst are the most vocal, which effects a lot of people's perspective on the movement as a whole. Another good example is the Sonic Fanbase, it gets a bad rep because of how vocal fans are almost always the worst ones which from an outsiders perspective, the whole fanbase looks bad.

2. I'd say less threatened and more so harassed. There are many accounts of feminists who've harassed, gotten people fired, even doxed because they either didn't agree with their perspective him, or because they said something "offensive".

3. That's highly debatable tbh, I don't want to start something over this but Imma say that I don't really think it is necessary ngl.

I'm not attacking or trying to offend anyone here's that's a feminist because I know that they're not all like this, but I just wanted to say two cents and offer a perspective from someone who's women but doesn't affiliate themselves with the movement.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, blazefan519 said:

Well, I guess I should explain it in my way since it's good to have both perspectives, but why some people or at least me get a little miffed when feminism is mentioned is because

1. Modern Feminisim is not really considered a good thing because how radical some of them are. It's not all of them, but the one's who are the worst are the most vocal, which effects a lot of people's perspective on the movement as a whole. Another good example is the Sonic Fanbase, it gets a bad rep because of how vocal fans are almost always the worst ones which from an outsiders perspective, the whole fanbase looks bad.

2. I'd say less threatened and more so harassed. There are many accounts of feminists who've harassed, gotten people fired, even doxed because they either didn't agree with their perspective him, or because they said something "offensive".

3. That's highly debatable tbh, I don't want to start something over this but Imma say that I don't really think it is necessary ngl.

I'm not attacking or trying to offend anyone here's that's a feminist because I know that they're not all like this, but I just wanted to say two cents and offer a perspective from someone who's women but doesn't affiliate themselves with the movement.

I mean it's your opinion. I disagree, and I could point out why, but I feel like if someone cared they'd do it themselves. I appreciate your perspective and explaining your viewpoint.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Oh it is very much neccesary my friend. I could argue it's very much more needed now that in the last 10 or so years. It's just that it needs a reworking of what it's aiming for. An evolution of it. Because the way it tried to "evolve" back in the early 2010's was such a failure... But no, much like Social Justice is still needed feminism is still needed. 

And there is just as many if not more cases of women being harassed and men getting away with it. And sometimes they receive justice, and sometimes they just don't. Or are even rewarded for doing it. 

Pardon if this offends you but comparing a social movement to a "fandom" dedicated to entertaiment media is just... It's not a very good comparison. And i'm not much afraid of radicals as I am of scammers and criminals that use the banner of the feminist movement to gain power and money or as a shield to protect themselves from bad shit they've done. That's who you should really look out for. And opportunists trascend ideologies.

I don't wanna argue about politics in a videogame forum (And this never goes well in videogame forums figures) but I just don't agree with what you said dude. Let's just say, I have seen some stuff that has made me turn more towards feminist and social justice. See I used to be one of those "Anti-SJWs" and all other kinds of jerks that thought they have enlightened themselves because they listened to a bunch of pretentious podcasts and subscribed to self-centered libertarian Youtubers. And I just realized, it's all a farse. And I've got fed up with 4chan and youtube and reddit and the way every fucking guy there absolutley explodes at the slightest mention of a woman doing something. Fuck it, let's just respect women no? It takes no effort to do so. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, RictalRose0 said:

Oh it is very much neccesary my friend. I could argue it's very much more needed now that in the last 10 or so years. It's just that it needs a reworking of what it's aiming for. An evolution of it. Because the way it tried to "evolve" back in the early 2010's was such a failure... But no, much like Social Justice is still needed feminism is still needed. 

And there is just as many if not more cases of women being harassed and men getting away with it. And sometimes they receive justice, and sometimes they just don't. Or are even rewarded for doing it. 

Pardon if this offends you but comparing a social movement to a "fandom" dedicated to entertaiment media is just... It's not a very good comparison. And i'm not much afraid of radicals as I am of scammers and criminals that use the banner of the feminist movement to gain power and money. That's who you should really look out for.

I don't wanna argue about politics in a videogame forum (And this never goes well in videogame forums figures) but I just don't agree with what you said dude. Let's just say, I have seen some stuff that has made me turn more towards feminist and social justice. See I used to be one of those "Anti-SJWs" and all other kinds of jerks that thought they have enlightened themselves because they listened to a bunch of pretentious podcasts and subscribed to self-centered libertarian Youtubers. And I just realized, it's all a farse. And I've got fed up with 4chan and youtube and reddit and the way every fucking guy there absolutley explodes at the slightest mention of a woman doing something. Fuck it, let's just respect women no? It takes no effort to do so. 

Yaaas. Go off!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RictalRose0 said:

Pardon if this offends you but comparing a social movement to a "fandom" dedicated to entertaiment media is just... It's not a very good comparison. And i'm not much afraid of radicals as I am of scammers and criminals that use the banner of the feminist movement to gain power and money or as a shield to protect themselves from bad shit they've done. That's who you should really look out for. And opportunists trascend ideologies.

And once again I disagree with this but I'd rather settle this in DMs because I'd rather this not become some feminist discussion or whatever since we're supposed to be talking about Boom.

4 hours ago, rosedust said:

I mean it's your opinion. I disagree, and I could point out why, but I feel like if someone cared they'd do it themselves. I appreciate your perspective and explaining your viewpoint.

Oh and thank you for respecting it lol. I've had too many encounters where this did not happen and I had to deal with their shenanigans. I respect yours as well.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

So what are your guys' guesses for this week's episode?

What is this week's episode again?

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Victory. It's written by Sam Freiberger. 

And I'm sorry for asking more, have we gotten a synopsis for this episode yet?

12 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

And I'm sorry for asking more, have we gotten a synopsis for this episode yet?

Should be arriving later today.

Just now, SonicWind said:

Should be arriving later today.

Oh alright then. Not sure what it'd be about but I'll wait till the synopsis before I comment anymore on it.

16 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Oh alright then. Not sure what it'd be about but I'll wait till the synopsis before I comment anymore on it.

Seems fair.