Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Sweet, but why the heck is Team Cybonic working for Eggman? Why would they abandon looking after Robokken? They have organic minds, and can't be  reprogrammed, unless Eggman rebuilt Dreamcaster, or something.

I'm excited, yet kind of sad to see Team Cybonic turn on Sonic and friends so soon. It was cool to finally see robot clones who weren't evil, only to see them evil not long after?

I am still looking forward to this episode, and I hope it can do a good job at explaining things. Still better than having Sonic and pals play soccer against a bunch of motobugs. These past 4 episodes seemed to have been foreshadowing this episode, since 2 of them showed Sonic and pals playing a bit of soccer, especially in last week's episode.

Or they could pull a second Perci and make them generic bad-bots out of nowhere with no explanation. And then next one they show up they're in another role before being reduced to background villagers. 

4 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Or they could pull a second Perci and make them generic bad-bots out of nowhere with no explanation. And then next one they show up they're in another role before being reduced to background villagers. 

Huh? Perci hasn't been bad. If you're referring to what happened in The Lightning Bowler Society, that was Staci, not Perci.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

To tell the difference between the two, Perci shares Amy's VA and Staci shares Sticks' VA.

3 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Huh? Perci hasn't been bad. If you're referring to what happened in The Lightning Bowler Society, that was Staci, not Perci.

Staci wasn't bad for say, just shallow. She fell in love with a bad boy (or should I say, a wanna be bad boy), and tried talking him out of ditching his wanna be villainous friends. Technically, she was trying to keep him on a path of being good, but she was still shallow for dating a villain, and trying to change him. 

7 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

She didn't try to forget him; she tried to comfort Tails.

If that's true, then maybe that wasn't the best way to do so. In another episode, she was crying over a missing pet. I understand that some people might do that, but it made me wonder why she was more upset over that than over the loss of her secret crush.

40 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

If that's true, then maybe that wasn't the best way to do so. In another episode, she was crying over a missing pet. I understand that some people might do that, but it made me wonder why she was more upset over that than over the loss of her secret crush.

Maybe if Cindy Robinson wrote "Alone Again, Unaturally" She would have written Amy out to cry over losing Sonic. However, Amy has shown countless of times that she is desperately hiding her feelings for Sonic, so crying in front of her friends would have exposed her secret. Maybe if Amy was completely alone, she would have burst out into tears, but since her friends were there, she felt pressured to hold it in. 

She tried making Tails not feel guilty about possibly killing Sonic. When Tails pointed out Sonic is still alive, and there might be a way to communicate with him, Amy gave a gleeful response. She showed signs that she truly cared about Sonic. Otherwise, she would have given a look of confusion, or look disappointed. Heck, when Sonic came back, she was the only one to mention how great it was to have Sonic back. 

Amy wasn't shy from showing how much she cared for Bea, so losing her gave her no shame in breaking out into tears. Keep in mind that it wasn't just a simple case of having a pet running away. Amy had no knowing over what Eggman could have done to her. She could have feared that Eggman rewrote Bea's memory, making it impossible for Bea to ever remember the good times she had with Amy. That is something worth getting sad over. Look at people who have to deal with a family member in a coma for example, they not only have to worry about a loved one recovering, but also worry over whether their loved one will still remember them. Amy had no idea what happened to Bea, and we could see how much it emotionally stressed her out, when she was desperately preventing her teammates from destroying Eggman's bee bots, in case one of them was actually Bea.

Not to mention how in Give Bees a Chance, it felt like days might have passed since Bea was taken away, where as for Alone Again, Unaturally, the events of assuming Sonic was dead happened right before our eyes. It didn't cut to days later, where we see the gang is assuming Sonic died. After Sonic's flash back of what happened, it immediately cuts to what Sonic's pals were doing, right after the incident occurred. While Sonic was recalling what happened, and ran off to confront Eggman, that's when Tails and the gang arrived, and suddenly assumed Sonic was gone. Give Bees a Chance made it seem more like Amy was sad for hours or days, before Sonic and the gang decided to try cheering her up. Amy's sadness in that episode felt more like an ongoing sadness, instead of one that just came up. There's a difference between immediate sadness, and an ongoing sadness, it takes time to comprehend what just happened. Not everyone cries right away upon finding out terrible news, but it gets more depressing as time passes by, and you realize it's true. Heck, I've seen plenty of cases where someone dies, and people don't cry right away, but then comes the funeral, and that's when the tears start kicking in. Some times, something so sad happens, that it leaves us in shock or denial, it isn't until days pass, and we realize a loved one is really gone, where we finally start to cry over it. 

Sadness can affect people in many different ways, and many different writers might have different ways of handling sadness, which is why some characters in shows might be easily saddened in one episode, but not the other. Cindy Robinson wrote Give Bees a Chance from her heart, and based it on the passing of her pet  bull dog Gerdie, but the writer of "Alone Again, Unaturally" wasn't writing that episode out to be a heartfelt episode, they wanted to make a silly episode about Sonic going so fast, that he warped into another plane of existence, as Tails tries desperately to undo his faults, and get Sonic back. There's really nothing to get that worked up over. One episode was written to blend humor with an emotional story, while the other was simply made for slapstick, sci fy references, and laughs. 

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Maybe if Cindy Robinson wrote "Alone Again, Unaturally" She would have written Amy out to cry over losing Sonic.

Yeah, I suppose she would. But the way Amy expressed sadness in that episode seemed quite shallow to me.

While Sonic was recalling what happened, and ran off to confront Eggman

But WHY would Sonic blame Eggman, when he clearly remembered what happened that day? Sonic clearly remembered that Eggman had NOTHING to do with this. He knows that he pressured Tails into increasing his speed, so what was the point of shifting the blame to Eggman?

Cindy Robinson wrote Give Bees a Chance from her heart, and based it on the passing of her pet  bull dog

I know the story behind the story and I'm sorry Cindy went through that. I have to admit, it was a good episode and I did feel sorry for Amy. Though the episode nearly, not completely, NEARLY ruined it for me when Amy was forcing everyone to agree with Bea being a clever name for a robot bee.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Yeah, I suppose she would. But the way Amy expressed sadness in that episode seemed quite shallow to me.

But WHY would Sonic blame Eggman, when he clearly remembered what happened that day? Sonic clearly remembered that Eggman had NOTHING to do with this. He knows that he pressured Tails into increasing his speed, so what was the point of shifting the blame to Eggman?

I know the story behind the story and I'm sorry Cindy went through that. I have to admit, it was a good episode and I did feel sorry for Amy. Though the episode nearly, not completely, NEARLY ruined it for me when Amy was forcing everyone to agree with Bea being a clever name for a robot bee.

Again she probsbly wanted to stay strong for her friends.

Yeah Sonic was in the wrong for wrecking Eggman's lair for no reason.

Again I do agree that that joke fell flat for me as I didn't like Amy being unnesscarily pushy again but it doesn't really happen again in the episode. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah Sonic was in the wrong for wrecking Eggman's lair for no reason.

Yeah, he was.

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Again I do agree that that joke fell flat for me as I didn't like Amy being unnesscarily pushy again

Yeah, neither did I.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

but it doesn't really happen again in the episode. 

That's a relief. And again I did feel sorry for Amy in that episode.

1 minute ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Yeah, he was.

Yeah, neither did I.

That's a relief. And again I did feel sorry for Amy in that episode.

Especially with her VA's story.

Tbh I was kinda hoping that the Cybonics would be against Team Sonic in the 4 parter, I know it would have been predictable though. So I'm looking forward to this episode!

1 hour ago, Chameleon94 said:

Tbh I was kinda hoping that the Cybonics would be against Team Sonic in the 4 parter, I know it would have been predictable though. So I'm looking forward to this episode!

When I saw them in the preview, that's what I thought was going to happen. Surprised though at how it was subverted.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I don't know, maybe he didn't thought at the time that he running "too fast" was the cause of everyone else freaking disappearing, because that's the problem he was facing, sonic was alone in the village, so he remembered what happened and that he ran into a wall and passed out, after he woke up and no one was left but him, "it was eggman" seems a pretty good guess for me in this case. We understood that it was Sonic that went out of phase because of running too fast, but for him everyone else had suddenly disappeared and he was the only one left.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, NikoS said:

I don't know, maybe he didn't thought at the time that he running "too fast" was the cause of everyone else freaking disappearing, because that's the problem he was facing, sonic was alone in the village, so he remembered what happened and that he ran into a wall and passed out, after he woke up and no one was left but him, "it was eggman" seems a pretty good guess for me in this case. We understood that it was Sonic that "lwent out of phase because of running too fast, but for him everyone else had suddenly disappeared and he was the only one left.

But when Sonic went to the lair, Eggman was nowhere to be seen.

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Plus wrecking Eggman's lair was uncalled for.

It's Eggman, their enemy. How in the world is it not called for.

3 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

But when Sonic went to the lair, Eggman was nowhere to be seen.

Even so, Eggman could've been anywhere, which is why he opted for trashing the house instead, so that was Eggman's punishment for taking the villagers away.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

It's Eggman, their enemy. How in the world is it not called for.

Even so, Eggman could've been anywhere, which is why he opted for trashing the house instead, so that was Eggman's punishment for taking the villagers away.

First off Eggman didn't do anything in the episode to warrant Sonic personally wrecking his lair. Plus Sonic was wrong about what Eggman did.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RedFox99 said:

First off Eggman didn't do anything in the episode to warrant Sonic personally wrecking his lair. Plus Sonic was wrong about what Eggman did.

From Sonic's perspective, he did. And from all the other times Eggman's screwed with Sonic's pals and the villager, him trashing his lair is totally understandable.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

From Sonic's perspective, he did. And from all the other times Eggman's screwed with Sonic's pals and the villager, him trashing his lair is totally understandable.

Yeah but in reality he didn't so what Sonic did was wrong.