Ryannumber1Scarer

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Wait, Keith Silverstein has actually been listed under "Additional Voices" in the Season 2 credits all this time? Wow, I feel so dumb for speculating about rumours and pictures of Vector with the Boom logo when the confirmation was right in front of us XD

boom2credits.png

4 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I figured she only said that, because she has part of Sticks's mind. Sticks is paranoid of robot overlords attacking the world, so Cyborg Sticks can't even trust herself.

How exactly would they get corrupted though? I'm guessing they would get outraged over seeing how the villagers treat machines or something? How are they less likely to get corrupted in Robokken, compared to Hedgehog Village? They're just as likely to get corrupted anywhere. 

They could get corrupted in Robokken as well. Having human minds, they can likely feel inferior or lost when surrounded by a race of intelligent robots.

Remember how Sonic went nuts in "Aim Low", when Eggman gave up on villainy, and Sonic got so bored, paranoid, and pesky towards his friends? Maybe Cyborg Sonic would go through the same thing, since Robokken is supposed to be a peaceful place where nothing bad happens. Maybe Cyborg Sonic went crazy from there being no threat to protect Robokken from?

Maybe they left, feeling they need to take their responsibilities to someplace that needs it, only for Eggman to find them, capture them, and mindwash them? Let's wait and find out.

I don't trust the writers to do that. I have a constant nag that they'll just do a Perci 2.0 and simply dump the previous characterization. 

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

That's surprising to say the least. Here's the link to the video:

Well that pretty much confirms Vector's appearance sometime in the next 12 to 13 episodes, as well as Espio and Charmy. Also has anyone seen Silver, Blaze, Rouge or Espio's current voice actors listed in the credits for Season 2 yet?

53 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

I don't trust the writers to do that. I have a constant nag that they'll just do a Perci 2.0 and simply dump the previous characterization. 

Again that was Staci not Perci. I mean to be fair the writer of the episode is the son of one of the co-writers for the RS arc.

Just watched the episode. It was alright. The song wasn't that good and the beginning was kind of weak but it kind picked up at the middle. Plus the explanation for Team Cybonic is pretty reasonable.

"Victory" was a pretty enjoyable episode. Not much in belly laughs, but entertaining.

Heck, it was just nice to see Team Cybonic come back. And of course it was mind control that explains why they were against Team Sonic-- no way they'd actually side with Eggman without it.

Just now, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

What was the explanation of why Team Cybonic was there?

Spoiler

Pretty much Eggman came to Roboken and lied about making a peace treaty. He then gives them mind-controlling brackets as a peace offering.

44 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Again that was Staci not Perci. I mean to be fair the writer of the episode is the son of one of the co-writers for the RS arc.

Just watched the episode. It was alright. The song wasn't that good and the beginning was kind of weak but it kind picked up at the middle. Plus the explanation for Team Cybonic is pretty reasonable.

She went from strong and independent to flirting with everything in sight and not being present even as a victim when things get rough. 

2 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

She went from strong and independent to flirting with everything in sight and not being present even as a victim when things get rough. 

Fair point there though to be fair she kind of averted both in her appearance in FiendBot. Hopefully the writers can fix this or at least address it especially since Perci seems to be a fairly popular character.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:
  Hide contents

Pretty much Eggman came to Roboken and lied about making a peace treaty. He then gives them mind-controlling brackets as a peace offering.

I'm thinking something similar happened with Perci. Maybe a brain transplant experiment happened? Was Og's brain switched with hers?

I feel very mixed about Victory, it was overall a very poorly written episode, but I will admit it got a bit entertaining towards the end.

The episode starts off with the villagers spending time at the rec center, while Cindy Robinson sings a pretty cheesy song at the beginning. Sonic and pals are upset when they find out the Mayor is shutting down the rec center. I got to say, the mayor was absolutely hate able in this episode! Other episodes gave him a goofy personality to make up for his flaws, but this episode made me wish I could punch him in the face! Sonic and pals worked so hard to sign petitions to save the rec center, yet he puts them in a paper shredder with a smug look on his face. God, he was an asshole in this week's episode! Then Eggman declares he wants to buy the rec center, but due to lousy writing, the mayor declares he can't do it, and only a sports competition can settle whether to keep it, or sell it to Eggman. Even Space Jam had a better excuse for why it was a movie about Looney Tunes and Michael Jordan having to play basketball against a bunch of aliens!

Sonic and pals agree to compete against Eggman in soccer, and feel like they're going to win, because Eggman has no friends.  The next sequence was kind of funny, where Eggman tries teaching his minions to play soccer, but they're all terrible and not built for playing soccer. We see Shark bot flailing around, we see ballot stuffing bot shooting a bunch of papers at a soccer ball, along with Orbot and Cubot being unable to kick the ball, due to having no feet. Eggman realizes the only things that can defeat Sonic and friends, are Sonic and friends. Eggman then flies to Robokken, and tricks Team Cybonic into wearinig these bracelets, which placed them under his control. Team Cybonic is now working for Eggman, and they're evenly matched at first. Eggman decides to override their programming to act more like jocks. Team Cybonic suddenly starts acting rough and immature, which really gets in the way of Sonic and pals from playing soccer.

Eventually, team Sonic realize they need to act a bit more unpredictable in order to throw off the cyborgs. Then out of nowhere, a funny scene happens where Sonic and friends start break dancing, while pulling off unpredictable moves while playing soccer. Knuckles starts digging holes, and Sticks starts dribbling the soccer ball while doing a handstand. It gets pretty silly, and was perhaps the best part of the episode. Sonic and pals manage to win. The Mayor declares the rec center will stay, and he announces he'll shut the library down instead. Everyone but Amy cheers over the mayor's announcement. However, Eggman is not happy about losing, and decides to send Team Cybonic to attack Sonic and friends. Tails notices Eggman's bracelets around Team Cybonic's wrists, and he tells everyone to destroy them. Sonic and pals destroy the bracelets, and free Team Cybonic. The episode then ends with Team Sonic and Team Cybonic charging after Eggman, and smashing him and his egg mobile around. It was a pretty funny way to end it. 

Overall, I found the episode to be a bit underwhelming, the writing was very poor, but I did enjoy seeing Eggman's minions being bad at soccer, I enjoyed Sonic and pals acting unpredictable, and I loved seeing Team Sonic and Team Cybonic  give Eggman payback. Too bad the mayor didn't get punished, I think he was the real villain in this episode... 

... So instead of using Metal Sonic more... Sonic Boom has created another reoccurring Sonic robot + robot friend team of it's own to focus more on instead? pretty disappointing to me. Sure I can kinda get that because Metal Sonic doesn't talk that it discourages the writers to want to use him much...
(I don't get why SEGA forced them to write Metal Sonic that way when it's their own separate universe.)
However I'd still find that a poor excuse, as you can do funny things with a silent character too. If this is the end results... then it makes me wish that Boom never used Metal Sonic to begin with. Just saying.

@SpongicX I felt the beginning half was weak as it felt Inn-Sanity ish with it pointing out how convoluted the plot is (I wish Sam would actually fix his writing problems instead of just pointing), but the final half was enjoyable especially how Team Sonic defeated Team Cybonic.

11 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Then why did she never answer the call to join? Why wasn't she pummeling the brainwashed Robots? 

Yeah not going to lie I was disappointed that she wasn't helping fight the robots in Part 3. My best guess is that she was somewhere else.

Just now, SpongicX said:

I know I said I was done uploading clips of Sonic Boom, but this one was just too good to ignore. Watch Sonic and pals break dance. 

Honestly it was an interesting way of defeating the other team.

41 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Sonic and pals manage to win. The Mayor declares the rec center will stay, and he announces he'll shut the library down instead. Everyone but Amy cheers over the mayor's announcement.

Despite it being at Amy's expense, I actually liked the consistency here, seeing as no one except her really liked the library in "Unnamed Episode", either.

4 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Despite it being at Amy's expense, I actually liked the consistency here, seeing as no one except her really liked the library in "Unnamed Episode", either.

I wonder though what will happen to Fastidious now since he's out of a job.

16 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Then why the heck were Sonic and Tails at the library in "The Haunted Lair"? That wasn't very consistent, if you ask me.