Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

53 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

I don't trust the writers to do that. I have a constant nag that they'll just do a Perci 2.0 and simply dump the previous characterization. 

Again that was Staci not Perci. I mean to be fair the writer of the episode is the son of one of the co-writers for the RS arc.

Just watched the episode. It was alright. The song wasn't that good and the beginning was kind of weak but it kind picked up at the middle. Plus the explanation for Team Cybonic is pretty reasonable.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Plus the explanation for Team Cybonic is pretty reasonable.

What was the explanation of why Team Cybonic was there? Just wondering because I didn't get to see it.

"Victory" was a pretty enjoyable episode. Not much in belly laughs, but entertaining.

Heck, it was just nice to see Team Cybonic come back. And of course it was mind control that explains why they were against Team Sonic-- no way they'd actually side with Eggman without it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

What was the explanation of why Team Cybonic was there?

Spoiler

Pretty much Eggman came to Roboken and lied about making a peace treaty. He then gives them mind-controlling brackets as a peace offering.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Again that was Staci not Perci. I mean to be fair the writer of the episode is the son of one of the co-writers for the RS arc.

Just watched the episode. It was alright. The song wasn't that good and the beginning was kind of weak but it kind picked up at the middle. Plus the explanation for Team Cybonic is pretty reasonable.

She went from strong and independent to flirting with everything in sight and not being present even as a victim when things get rough. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

She went from strong and independent to flirting with everything in sight and not being present even as a victim when things get rough. 

Fair point there though to be fair she kind of averted both in her appearance in FiendBot. Hopefully the writers can fix this or at least address it especially since Perci seems to be a fairly popular character.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:
  Hide contents

Pretty much Eggman came to Roboken and lied about making a peace treaty. He then gives them mind-controlling brackets as a peace offering.

I'm thinking something similar happened with Perci. Maybe a brain transplant experiment happened? Was Og's brain switched with hers?

1 minute ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

I'm thinking something similar happened with Perci. Maybe a brain transplant experiment happened? Was Og's brain switched with hers?

I don't think so.

I feel very mixed about Victory, it was overall a very poorly written episode, but I will admit it got a bit entertaining towards the end.

The episode starts off with the villagers spending time at the rec center, while Cindy Robinson sings a pretty cheesy song at the beginning. Sonic and pals are upset when they find out the Mayor is shutting down the rec center. I got to say, the mayor was absolutely hate able in this episode! Other episodes gave him a goofy personality to make up for his flaws, but this episode made me wish I could punch him in the face! Sonic and pals worked so hard to sign petitions to save the rec center, yet he puts them in a paper shredder with a smug look on his face. God, he was an asshole in this week's episode! Then Eggman declares he wants to buy the rec center, but due to lousy writing, the mayor declares he can't do it, and only a sports competition can settle whether to keep it, or sell it to Eggman. Even Space Jam had a better excuse for why it was a movie about Looney Tunes and Michael Jordan having to play basketball against a bunch of aliens!

Sonic and pals agree to compete against Eggman in soccer, and feel like they're going to win, because Eggman has no friends.  The next sequence was kind of funny, where Eggman tries teaching his minions to play soccer, but they're all terrible and not built for playing soccer. We see Shark bot flailing around, we see ballot stuffing bot shooting a bunch of papers at a soccer ball, along with Orbot and Cubot being unable to kick the ball, due to having no feet. Eggman realizes the only things that can defeat Sonic and friends, are Sonic and friends. Eggman then flies to Robokken, and tricks Team Cybonic into wearinig these bracelets, which placed them under his control. Team Cybonic is now working for Eggman, and they're evenly matched at first. Eggman decides to override their programming to act more like jocks. Team Cybonic suddenly starts acting rough and immature, which really gets in the way of Sonic and pals from playing soccer.

Eventually, team Sonic realize they need to act a bit more unpredictable in order to throw off the cyborgs. Then out of nowhere, a funny scene happens where Sonic and friends start break dancing, while pulling off unpredictable moves while playing soccer. Knuckles starts digging holes, and Sticks starts dribbling the soccer ball while doing a handstand. It gets pretty silly, and was perhaps the best part of the episode. Sonic and pals manage to win. The Mayor declares the rec center will stay, and he announces he'll shut the library down instead. Everyone but Amy cheers over the mayor's announcement. However, Eggman is not happy about losing, and decides to send Team Cybonic to attack Sonic and friends. Tails notices Eggman's bracelets around Team Cybonic's wrists, and he tells everyone to destroy them. Sonic and pals destroy the bracelets, and free Team Cybonic. The episode then ends with Team Sonic and Team Cybonic charging after Eggman, and smashing him and his egg mobile around. It was a pretty funny way to end it. 

Overall, I found the episode to be a bit underwhelming, the writing was very poor, but I did enjoy seeing Eggman's minions being bad at soccer, I enjoyed Sonic and pals acting unpredictable, and I loved seeing Team Sonic and Team Cybonic  give Eggman payback. Too bad the mayor didn't get punished, I think he was the real villain in this episode... 

• Thumbs Up 1

... So instead of using Metal Sonic more... Sonic Boom has created another reoccurring Sonic robot + robot friend team of it's own to focus more on instead? pretty disappointing to me. Sure I can kinda get that because Metal Sonic doesn't talk that it discourages the writers to want to use him much...
(I don't get why SEGA forced them to write Metal Sonic that way when it's their own separate universe.)
However I'd still find that a poor excuse, as you can do funny things with a silent character too. If this is the end results... then it makes me wish that Boom never used Metal Sonic to begin with. Just saying.

8 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

@Operationgamer17 Are these in the U.S.?

@Miru the Living Planet I have a theory that after ROL, Team Sonic decided to protect the village for Perci and she's been able to relax since.

Then why did she never answer the call to join? Why wasn't she pummeling the brainwashed Robots? 

@SpongicX I felt the beginning half was weak as it felt Inn-Sanity ish with it pointing out how convoluted the plot is (I wish Sam would actually fix his writing problems instead of just pointing), but the final half was enjoyable especially how Team Sonic defeated Team Cybonic.

11 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Then why did she never answer the call to join? Why wasn't she pummeling the brainwashed Robots? 

Yeah not going to lie I was disappointed that she wasn't helping fight the robots in Part 3. My best guess is that she was somewhere else.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I said I was done uploading clips of Sonic Boom, but this one was just too good to ignore. Watch Sonic and pals break dance. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SpongicX said:

I know I said I was done uploading clips of Sonic Boom, but this one was just too good to ignore. Watch Sonic and pals break dance. 

Honestly it was an interesting way of defeating the other team.

41 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Sonic and pals manage to win. The Mayor declares the rec center will stay, and he announces he'll shut the library down instead. Everyone but Amy cheers over the mayor's announcement.

Despite it being at Amy's expense, I actually liked the consistency here, seeing as no one except her really liked the library in "Unnamed Episode", either.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Despite it being at Amy's expense, I actually liked the consistency here, seeing as no one except her really liked the library in "Unnamed Episode", either.

I wonder though what will happen to Fastidious now since he's out of a job.

10 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Man well that sucks :(

16 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Then why the heck were Sonic and Tails at the library in "The Haunted Lair"? That wasn't very consistent, if you ask me. 

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

Then why the heck were Sonic and Tails at the library in "The Haunted Lair"? That wasn't very consistent, if you ask me. 

Maybe they were desperate to get Eggman out of their furs?

8 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Maybe they were desperate to get Eggman out of their furs?

The episode made it look more like they just happened to be at the library, where they noticed Eggman is still spooked from last night, however. 

http://imgur.com/a/egwyz

Click here for screenshots to "Victory"

9Jw8kre.jpg

http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/163845981698/dang-the-jock-versions-of-cyborg-sonic-and-cyborg

tumblr_ou8kr6tOeV1rhnd8ro3_1280.jpg

I couldn't help but notice that jock Cyborg Sonic and jock Cyborg Amy show more affection for each other, than regular Sonic and Amy, lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I wonder though what will happen to Fastidious now since he's out of a job.

Don't feel too bad for him, he seems to have a job as a coach at the rec center, and he's still a representative of that endangered species group.

Besides, I'll bet it was just a joke, we'll likely still see the library again, with no explanation. Unless the writers really decided they didn't need it for any more episodes, and really did scrap it, who knows?

It is kind of sad how the villagers are so disrespectful towards the library, even after Amy worked so hard to give the town back to the people with the library's help. I know it's just a show, but still, I like having shows that make you want to care for the characters like they really exist, but it's hard to when the show tries so hard to make it's characters miserable after all their hard work.

Heck, too many episodes of this season seem to give the impression that the writers are having anger issues with their lifestyles, and are using the Sonic characters to compensate their frustrations.

Think about it, how many episodes have we seen lately, where the plot revolves around the mayor, government, or workers upsetting the characters, and making things difficult for the main characters? We get it writers, real life for adults sucks, and never gives us a break, now can you go back to making a fun adventure comedy, and quit reminding kids and adults of how terrible life is?...

Cartoons should feel like an escape from the struggles in life, not a cruel, sarcastic reminder...

• Thumbs Up 2

Evan Stanley did a promotion doodle for next week's episode.

tumblr_ou8ypbUirW1rcatnso1_1280.jpg

Ahahaha Sonic, Tails, Knuckles are screwed.

• Thumbs Up 5