Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Evan Stanley did a promotion doodle for next week's episode.

tumblr_ou8ypbUirW1rcatnso1_1280.jpg

Ahahaha Sonic, Tails, Knuckles are screwed.

I think she said she would do doodle throughout the week.

This episode was 'meh' to me. I don't usually use that word. Cyborg Sonic mocking Sonic made me think of Neil Goldman from Family Guy. As for Cindy Robinson singing, I don't know whether the song was original or it was inspired by songs like 'What a Feeling' or 'Fame'. It did sound like something out of Footloose to me, though I haven't heard many songs from that movie.

The mayor was a terrible and foolish person for destroying all the hard work Team Sonic out into saving the rec centre, as well as coming up with the bright idea having a sports competition to save it. Why did he have to close down the library, though?

I like how Cyborg Sonic and his team tried to take down Eggman when he entered the City in the Sky, which made me wonder why Hedgehog Village doesn't do something like that (especially when it has police officers to try and stop him). The bracelets/wristwatches made me think of a couple of brainwashing episodes from shows like 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' (the wedding ring) and 'Power Rangers Dino Thunder' (where the Ninja Storm Rangers were corrupted by evil power coins).

I also liked the dance scene in that episode. I think they made Amy and friends lift their legs up in a different angle, because... reasons. :lol:

And again with the Tails abuse. Why? :-(

• Thumbs Up 1

@MysteriousGirl 92 I didn't like the singing to be honest. At this point, Fink is probably within my top 5 least-favorite Sonic Boom characters. I'm hoping someone like Perci or maybe Amy replaces him soon.

30 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

At this point, Fink is probably with my top 5 worst Sonic Boom characters. I'm hoping someone like Perci or maybe Amy replaces him soon.

Maybe Perci would be a better choice than Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Maybe Perci would be a better choice than Amy.

Perci (at least her ROL self) does seem to be a more suitable leader. That would make for an interesting episode with Perci going against Fink in an election.

• Thumbs Up 1

The more Sonic Boom I watch the more I realize why its on Boomerang.  The humor is too witty for CN's hyperactive kids demo but its not vulgar enough for the stoner demo of Adult Swim.  Its in a weird place where it isn't a steryotypical kids or adult show but a wonderfully quarky place between the two!

Also thats not a knock on CN/AS.  Just an observation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

26 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

The more Sonic Boom I watch the more I realize why its on Boomerang.  The humor is too witty for CN's hyperactive kids demo but its not vulgar enough for the stoner demo of Adult Swim.  Its in a weird place where it isn't a steryotypical kids or adult show but a wonderfully quarky place between the two!

Also thats not a knock on CN/AS.  Just an observation.

You make an interesting point. It comes of as more of a show for young adults at times.

Well I enjoyed Victory.

I don't think it was as crazy as Sam was making it out to be but there where a good couple laughs in here. I loved the bit about the most vicious predator being a High School Jock and also I laughed out loud at Cyborg-Sonic calling Sonic Blueser because me and my brother tend to call the Blue team on Gordon Ramsey shows the Bluesers since they alweays seem to lose more often than not.

It just tickled me.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Well I enjoyed Victory.

I don't think it was as crazy as Sam was making it out to be but there where a good couple laughs in here. I loved the bit about the most vicious predator being a High School Jock and also I laughed out loud at Cyborg-Sonic calling Sonic Blueser because me and my brother tend to call the Blue team on Gordon Ramsey shows the Bluesers since they alweays seem to lose more often than not.

It just tickled me.

Yeah it wasn't as crazy as I excepted. I will admit the yeah that the Cybonics acted like jocks was kind of cringy to me. I do wonder if the the library closing will stick.

So a long time ago someone recommended that I watched the Sonic Boom cartoon, and I got around to finishing season 1 of it. 

The show is damn funny. The character humor and interaction shines after the first handful of episodes, the loose continuity is still used well for the sake of the humor, and even the animation is fine. I think my favorite characters are Eggman( of course) and Amy, especially after that episode where they became friends. 

Just now, NintendoSoul said:

So a long time ago someone recommended that I watched the Sonic Boom cartoon, and I got around to finishing season 1 of it. 

The show is damn funny. The character humor and interaction shines after the first handful of episodes, the loose continuity is still used well for the sake of the humor, and even the animation is fine. I think my favorite characters are Eggman( of course) and Amy, especially after that episode where they became friends. 

Do you have CN On Demand?

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Do you have CN On Demand?

Yeah, but I marathoned the episodes on Youtube instead.

2 minutes ago, NintendoSoul said:

Yeah, but I marathoned the episodes on Youtube instead.

Ok because all the season 2 episodes so far I thi k are on CN

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Ok because all the season 2 episodes so far I thi k are on CN

That's good to know whenever I get ready to watch Season 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda enjoyed Victory more than I did Lightning Bowler Society with a reference to the season 1 finale to end the episode. Also the upcoming episode Where did all the Sonic's go could be similar to a recently released episode of The Adventures of Puss in Boots called ``Too Many Cats" in which there are a bunch of different versions of Puss in Boots that appear, including an evil Puss in Boots. So that episode could be like that with other versions of Boom Sonic instead of bringing in Modern Sonic or Modern forms. Also didn't one of the writers or Bill Freiberger say that there are many different alternate dimensions in Sonic Boom.

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I kinda enjoyed Victory more than I did Lightning Bowler Society with a reference to the season 1 finale to end the episode. Also the upcoming episode Where did all the Sonic's go could be similar to a recently released episode of The Adventures of Puss in Boots called ``Too Many Cats" in which there are a bunch of different versions of Puss in Boots that appear, including an evil Puss in Boots. So that episode could be like that with other versions of Boom Sonic instead of bringing in Modern Sonic or Modern forms. Also didn't one of the writers or Bill Freiberger say that there are many different alternate dimensions in Sonic Boom.

I agree, Lightning Bowlers was an overall forgettable episode. If the episode focused more on Sonic and friends, then it might have been decent.

Victory may have had poor writing at first, but it really did start getting better when Team Cybonic showed up, and especially got good when Sonic and pals make a comeback and win. It's just too bad that a slow and poorly written setup prevented this episode from being an entirely good episode.

This episode was a mix for me, it started off terribly, to the point where it left a bad first impression, but the ending made it feel like a completely different episode. If only the beginning had more thought and care put into it, like the last quarter of the episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I agree, Lightning Bowlers was an overall forgettable episode. If the episode focused more on Sonic and friends, then it might have been decent.

Victory may have had poor writing at first, but it really did start getting better when Team Cybonic showed up, and especially got good when Sonic and pals make a comeback and win. It's just too bad that a slow and poorly written setup prevented this episode from being an entirely good episode.

This episode was a mix for me, it started off terribly, to the point where it left a bad first impression, but the ending made it feel like a completely different episode. If only the beginning had more thought and care put into it, like the last quarter of the episode.

I don't like how Sam once again does a "I'm going to point out my problems but not try to fix them"

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually got quite a kick out of the start of the episode. It might be that I have more of an appreciation for politically charged jokes  (that's what I studied in school) but the rapidfire jokes about the political process in Hedgehog Village had me it stitches.

joke spoilers ahoy

Spoiler

Between the running nomenclature that petitions do nothing, Knuckles willingness to fight buildings/streets, the confetti for the budget parade, houseboat government corruption that seemed to slip by everyone, obscure and nonsensical legal precedents that the Mayor will live and die by, and the commnity rec center being the first thing on the chopping block?!

That is a loaded 2 min of screentime. I think that confetti line deserved an Oscar all on its own. Thats good writing.

I rather liked this episode. Boom gets away with dragging Sonic and his friends through the mud left and right, but it usually manages to do so in a manner that is endearing and re-deemable down the line - and more importantly, Sega seems content to let them get away with it. (They cracked the whip on Archie whenever they tried something similar)

Having the Cyborgs come back in that capacity was great. Tails getting rat-tailed repeatedly was exactly what Jocks should be doing to nerds, and they waited for Tails to say something smart before falling back on that joke. There was a charlie brown moment with Cyber-Knux, Sticks was Moonwalking and Sonic went full on M.J. on us.

It was current, its timely, its witty, its energetic and its enjoyable. Episodes like that are why this show gets nominated for awards.

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I actually got quite a kick out of the start of the episode. It might be that I have more of an appreciation for politically charged jokes  (that's what I studied in school) but the rapidfire jokes about the political process in Hedgehog Village had me it stitches.

joke spoilers ahoy

Hide contents

Between the running nomenclature that petitions do nothing, Knuckles willingness to fight buildings/streets, the confetti for the budget parade, houseboat government corruption that seemed to slip by everyone, obscure and nonsensical legal precedents that the Mayor will live and die by, and the commnity rec center being the first thing on the chopping block?!

That is a loaded 2 min of screentime. I think that confetti line deserved an Oscar all on its own. Thats good writing.

I rather liked this episode. Boom gets away with dragging Sonic and his friends through the mud left and right, but it usually manages to do so in a manner that is endearing and re-deemable down the line - and more importantly, Sega seems content to let them get away with it. (They cracked the whip on Archie whenever they tried something similar)

Having the Cyborgs come back in that capacity was great. Tails getting rat-tailed repeatedly was exactly what Jocks should be doing to nerds, and they waited for Tails to say something smart before falling back on that joke. There was a charlie brown moment with Cyber-Knux, Sticks was Moonwalking and Sonic went full on M.J. on us.

It was current, its timely, its witty, its energetic and its enjoyable. Episodes like that are why this show gets nominated for awards.

To me, Sonic Boom has been relying too much on political jokes lately, which is getting old. Politics have been terrible lately, and some of us want to watch Sonic Boom to escape from it, not be constantly reminded of it.

The government is making my living situation a living nightmare recently, and I don't need tv to give me cruel reminders of stuff I can't avoid. I watched Sonic Boom to try and cheer me up, not make me angrier over how poorly the middle class are treated.

20 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

To me, Sonic Boom has been relying too much on political jokes lately, which is getting old. Politics have been terrible lately, and some of us want to watch Sonic Boom to escape from it, not be constantly reminded of it.

The government is making my living situation a living nightmare recently, and I don't need tv to give me cruel reminders of stuff I can't avoid. I watched Sonic Boom to try and cheer me up, not make me angrier over how poorly the middle class are treated.

Politics sucks everywhere. The underlying theory behind politics is literally "All politics suck, some just suck less than others". Seriously, go look up Arrow's impossibility theorem.

But that's where there is comedy to be found. Not all things that we enjoy need to be based in escapism. Sometimes you want to laugh at the lemons life delt you. Sometimes you want to laugh at how cruel the universe can be. Sometimes you just want to laugh at yourself. Sonic Boom does all that. It socially aware, and its not afraid to poke fun at itself. Mayor Fink is a character of everything that is wrong with government, and overcoming his shtick makes Sonic and co. that much more relate-able.

but even so, we are talking about an episode with cyborg duplicates from an robot city in the sky, being mind-controlled via their trendy pedometer wrist-straps, playing a high stakes game of soccer agaisnt their fleshy counterparts and getting the leg up via jerky attitude adjustment...

...There is quite a bit of escapism in there too. Variety is the spice of life bro. U feelin me bro?

I don't care anymore, laughing at politics won't help it go away. Laughing at politics just feels useless. It's just laughing at people for getting screwed over by greedy, ignorant jerks. I don't see what's so funny about it. People thought laughing at the president would help, yet people are still getting screwed over, should we still be laughing?...

It was fun at first when Sonic Boom jabbed at politics in The Unamed Episode, but that episode had a good moral to the corruption in that episode. Some of us wish politics could happen the same way it happened in that episode. We wish miracles could happen, which put the unjust in their place, while giving a happy ending to those who fought for it.

Victory would have been a much better episode, if it ended with the Mayor getting well deserved carma for his selfish and uncaring behavior. It was strange how Eggman was treated like the bigger villain. I was actually rooting for Sonic and pals to fight the mayor, not Eggman.

On 8/5/2017 at 4:07 PM, LukA8 said:

Wait, Keith Silverstein has actually been listed under "Additional Voices" in the Season 2 credits all this time? Wow, I feel so dumb for speculating about rumours and pictures of Vector with the Boom logo when the confirmation was right in front of us XD

boom2credits.png

You know what, I actually saw that at some point and went, "Huh? Why is Keith listed here, he hasn't done any voices yet." And for whatever reason it never clicked. I guess that basically confirms it. Colleen's here for Charmy but I wonder how'd they do Espio? Would they get Matt Mercer, or just have someone do an imitation of him? Or is it just going to be Vector? But either way, I'm happy that the Chaotix were chosen as out of all the possible Sonic Characters, they fit the Boom writing style the most imo.

Guess I should talk about what I felt about Victory. I thought it was an overall fun episode. There weren't as many laughs but the jokes that they did pull were pretty funny to me. And some of the callbacks were nice, like the ending basically being a recreation of Season 1's ending just with Team Cybonic there as well. Speaking of Team Cybonic, I liked how they were in this episode. And as many people had assumed, it was mind control that made them evil which made the most sense. I like the whole high school jock thing too, their speaking patterns were hilarious because of it. And my favorite part of the episode had to be when Team Sonic beat them while dancing and the clever ways they would get the ball to the goal. So overall, I thought it was a fun episode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Stanley's episode is up next, yes? If so, I can't wait for it. The art she made seems to be indicative that this will definitely not be an easy job, and I can only imagine the shenanigans that'll take place.

• Thumbs Up 4

If they were to bring back, lets say 10 characters from Modern Sonic redesigned for Boom which 10 characters would anyone here like to see. My 10 characters would be Shadow, Metal Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Rouge, Espio, Dr. Eggman NEGA, Sonic the Werehog, Chaos and maybe one of the zeti from Sonic Lost World.

27 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

If they were to bring back, lets say 10 characters from Modern Sonic redesigned for Boom which 10 characters would anyone here like to see. My 10 characters would be Shadow, Metal Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Rouge, Espio, Dr. Eggman NEGA, Sonic the Werehog, Chaos and maybe one of the zeti from Sonic Lost World.

10 is waaaaaay too much tho. I'd say three at most.

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

10 is waaaaaay too much tho. I'd say three at most.

I agree, 10 is asking for a little too much, but I would love to see Silver and Blaze show up. However, it's pointless to ask for more characters in this show. The show has already established what it wants to be, and forcefully adding characters to it would just drastically change the show out of nowhere. The show already established itself as a show with small resources, and expecting more characters to show up as regulars, instead of cameos is just expecting too much from a show that just won't allow it. It might seem kind of forced to have these characters be missing for so long, only to just be added out of nowhere. Then the writers would have to make up excuses for why these characters are only now showing up.

The writers don't seem to want to focus on plots or explanations for a show like Sonic Boom, so it figures they wouldn't want to add a bunch of characters, and give them each explanations for why they're now just showing up. Just look at Shadow for instance, they were so lazy with introducing him at last minute, and all they had to say about him was that he was one of the best characters in the entire canon, and that was it. If people got annoyed with their lack of dedication to bringing Shadow and Metal Sonic into the show, what makes us think they'll treat the others any better? Sonic Boom would rather focus on silliness, instead of a good balance of story telling with humor, and we just have to accept that the writers just aren't willing to change it. The best they can do is improve their writing, but there isn't much the writers can do, without drastically changing the show. 

So far, we only have hints that Vector the Crocodile will make a brief appearance in one of the season's remaining episodes, but that's all we got so far. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1