Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

14 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

I'll be honest; we don't have that much of a chance.

But hey, Boom has a fairly large fanbase-- you never know. Sometimes the underdog wins.

Agreed because it's going against SU and R&M

2 hours ago, RLS Legacy said:

Hey guys, don't forget to tune into FOX this Sunday at 8PM ET to see whether Boom will win the Teen Choice Award!

Y'all will have to let me know if it wins, since I'm across the pond.

Darn it, I can't, Sling TV doesn't have FOX, or at least my current subscription doesn't include FOX. How strange is that? My TV provider includes Boomerang for $26 a month, yet it doesn't include FOX, one of the very basic channels? TV today is a freaking joke... I'm still wishing for a service that allows us to just pay for what tv channels we want, for a fair price. Right now, I don't watch much TV, Sonic Boom is my main priority for watching TV,  along with Tangled the Series, and Rick and Morty. I would love a service similar to Sling TV, but it allows me to choose which channels I want to watch. Why should I have to pay monthly for channels I don't watch? Sell each channel for $1 each month, and that would be fair enough for me. If that were the case. Too bad technology keeps evolving, yet TV companies are still far behind with getting with the times. They're too stubborn to give people what they want, and have to keep forcing people to pay for stuff they don't want. 

With Sling TV, it's annoying to know I have to spend about $21 a month for a bunch of channels I don't watch, while having to spend an additional $5 a month, just to have access to Boomerang! I have to go through 2 separate pay walls, just for one channel, and it feels like a waste of money at times, since Sonic Boom is on such a poor channel, and gets poorly treated in return. I hate TV in general, because of how annoying it's gotten over the years. It's hard to be so passionate about art and animation, when so many tv networks treat it so poorly now in days. When I was a kid, tv used to have a good variety and mixture of cartoons and live action shows for different ages, now it's nothing but reality tv, sports, bad sitcoms, and barely any good cartoons anymore. Most of the best cartoons get shoved to exclusive channels like Disney XD...

If TV gave viewers the option to get easier legal access to these channels and shows for a fair price, I'll bet Sonic Boom would be doing a lot better, along with plenty of other tv shows that either got screwed over by the networks, or continue to get screwed over. 

4 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

I don't mind Sonic Boom airing on Boomerang for now but the channel is meant for old cartoons and only 34% of people with US television have the channel so it's better suited for CN

Also I am still going to leave this website but I might make a few more comments or replies

Pardon me for asking, but what exactly are you trying to do? It's getting kind of old to keep hearing you claim you're done with this site, but have one last thing to say. 

Is this some kind of act? Are you testing us? If you're a fan of the show, then you should feel free to stick around, no one is telling you to leave.

You don't need to keep lying to us that you are leaving, followed by a "one last thing before I go" message. No one is telling you you have to go or stay, it's your choice. It would be a shame to have this thread lose a fan though. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

10 hours ago, SonicWind said:

If you can't view the link:

tumblr_oujn3yeH431u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_oujn3yeH431u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_oujn3yeH431u5cb23o2_1280.png

"An unfortunate accident befalls Lady Walrus, leaving Sonic, Tails and Knuckles taking care of HER BABY. Catch “Three Men and My Baby” on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

We're light on tags again: #sonic boom #season 2

I love those screenshots. The last one looks pretty cute because Chumley A.K.A. Baby Walrus is on Knuckles' shoulder.

12 hours ago, RLS Legacy said:

Hey guys, don't forget to tune into FOX this Sunday at 8PM ET to see whether Boom will win the Teen Choice Award!

Y'all will have to let me know if it wins, since I'm across the pond.

Lower your expectations guys. In my experience they don't tend to air the animation category.

4 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Lower your expectations guys. In my experience they don't tend to air the animation category.

Seriously? That's odd. So how will we know who won?

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Then what's the point in even having an animation category if their not going to air it. What do they do release the unaired results online or something?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Then what's the point in even having an animation category if their not going to air it. What do they do release the unaired results online or something?

That's probably the case

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

A lot of categories seem to be ignored on Award shows so they can cram more music performances. I could be wrong but I remember watching when Gravity Falls was up for an Emmy and they never showed it on TV.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

A lot of categories seem to be ignored on Award shows so they can cram more music performances. I could be wrong but I remember watching when Gravity Falls was up for an Emmy and they never showed it on TV.

That's kind of sad.

Anyways I wonder if the girls will even appear in this episode.

According to the screenshot of tonights episode, there appears to be a reference to the Shadow episode where Sonic jumps onto the eggmobiles windshield, confronting Eggman.

2 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

According to the screenshot of tonights episode, there appears to be a reference to the Shadow episode where Sonic jumps onto the eggmobiles windshield, confronting Eggman.

How/Where?

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

A lot of the less glamorous categories often get skipped over in order to make the awards show more TV friendly and make time for other stuff. Some awards shows are better than others, but if its considered a minor category then it will likely get a mention on an info-graphic like (while we were away at commercial these three awards were given out blah blah blah).

It just depends on how highly this particular award is coveted. Considering Family Guy is one of the juggernauts in the running, they might just reserve a TV spot for it just for an opportunity to self promote. Who knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

Three Men and My Baby was a nice episode. It was cute seeing the guys take care of Chumley and now we know the older kid's name, Stratford. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Another great episode. Evan did well. Not a lot of jokes I remember being funny other than the "underdeveloped mind" joke, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Another great episode. Evan did well. Not a lot of jokes I remember being funny other than the "underdeveloped mind" joke, though.

One thing that surprised me was how Tails wasn't really the butt of the joke this episode. It was clever how she implemented Eggman in the episode. Plus the Perci, Staci, and Zooey cameo was nice.

One of the few criticisms I have is the diaper scene as I'm not keen on toilet humor and I felt Chumley going poop a second time was unnecessary

• Thumbs Up 2

Three Men and My Baby was a funny episode. It starts out with Knuckles driving a monster truck, while Sonic and Tails are hoverboarding  off the back of the truck, using their enerbeams. Knuckles carelessly tries eating a steaming hot pizza straight from the oven, while driving, and it causes him to lose control and nearly crash into Lady Walrus. However, Knuckles steers out of the way and instead crashes into a tree, which falls over, and strikes Lady Walrus. Lady Walrus is injured, and needs someone to look after her baby. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles volunteer, thinking it will be easy, but are immediately torn apart by baby Chumley's crying.

There was a funny part where Sonic suggests Chumley might be hungry, and needs a chili dog. Tails points out how a chili dog is too thick for a baby to eat. Sonic suggests putting it in the blender, Knuckles says "fine, if you say so", and nearly puts Chumley into a blender, until Sonic and Tails stop him, and shame him for thinking that. I laughed hard during that scene, it was so wrong. 

They manage to get the baby to eat, but then it starts going number 2, and the guys have no idea what to do about it, and they try getting Amy to change the diaper for them, but Amy is fed up with the guys not taking responsibility in their lives, and refuses to help them. Sonic and pals then dress up in oxygen suits, and try changing the diaper like it's a hazardous substance. They try getting Chumley to take a nap, but he's too cranky to sleep. Sonic and pals try singing a lullaby in the form of a boy band song, and it doesn't work. Tails then makes a mobile, which puts both Chumley, and Knuckles to sleep.

Eggman attacks, and rudely awakens Chumley. Sonic snaps at Eggman for rudely awakening the baby, but Eggman shows no concern, and keeps attacking. Chumley eventually gets flung into Eggman's Egg Mobile, and ends up accidentally self destructing all of Eggman's minions with the push of a button. Sonic is impressed with how Chumley managed to defeat Eggman. We are then treated to a montage of Sonic and the guys cruising around town, and having fun looking after Chumley. It then cuts to the next morning, and Knuckles realizes Chumley is missing. They search everywhere, but can't find him.

The boys then approach Lady Walrus, and try confessing that they lost her baby, but then they find Chumley randomly sitting on Lady Walrus's roof, and they return Chumley back to his mom. Lady Walrus thanks the boys for looking after him, and the boys regretfully leave Chumley, and start missing him. The episode ends with Amy meeting up with the guys, and hoping they learned a lesson from all of this, but the boys didn't learn a thing, and once again drive around recklessly in Knuckles's truck again, leaving Amy to feel annoyed.

Overall, I thought the episode was pretty funny and cute, but there were a few flaws. The ending felt incredibly rushed, and I wished they came up with a more creative way of Chumley''s disappearance, and reappearance. It would have been better if they put more focus into showing how he got out. I also felt Amy's role in this episode was very useless, it kind of annoyed me how she was only included just to be shown being annoyed for two brief scenes. However, it could have been worse, I almost feared the episode was going to end with Sonic and the guys accidentally injuring her with Knuckle's truck, it almost seemed like the episode was steering in that direction, but luckily it just ended with Amy getting annoyed with Sonic and pals for not learning to be more responsible. It is a shame that Sticks was completely absent in this episode. Regardless of my personal nitpicks, I still really enjoyed this episode, and thought it was fun.

• Nice Smile 2

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

There was a funny part where Sonic suggests Chumley might be hungry, and needs a chili dog. Tails points out how a chili dog is too thick for a baby to eat. Sonic suggests putting it in the blender, Knuckles says "fine, if you say so", and nearly puts Chumley into a blender, until Sonic and Tails stop him, and shame him for thinking that. I laughed hard during that scene, it was so wrong. 

Oh, right, that joke. Yeah, that was fantastic dark humor.

@SpongicX Yeah I agree with you on Amy in the episode as she didn't do much in the episode aside from being annoyed at the boy's lack of responsibility; though I didn't feel the ending was too rushed. 

12 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

@SpongicX Yeah I agree with you on Amy in the episode as I thought she would give advice to the boys at least, though I didn't feel the ending was too rushed. 

Just to be clear, I'm not really mad at Amy for being annoyed with Sonic and pals in this episode, I personally can't blame her. I am annoyed over how that's all she was used for in this episode, just to be annoyed. I don't think she was in the wrong for being mad at Sonic, for getting into a mess, and expecting her to bail them out with no lessons learned. She tried getting them to learn a lesson on their own, yet in the end, that still wasn't enough, and she once again has to put up with them getting into problems, which will likely end with Sonic and the boys expecting her to get them out of it. 

Let me guess, some might take Amy's role out of context now, and start claiming she put a baby's life in danger, by leaving him in the hands of three reckless boys who don't know what they're doing? None of this was Amy's fault, so what does she have to be punished or blamed for? In the end, Amy was hoping the boys learned their lesson about doing reckless stuff that can endanger other people's lives, yet the boys still chose to ignore her advice. This episode didn't give Amy much to do, and now people are probably going to start falsely claiming that Amy was a terrible person in this episode, despite none of it being her fault. Amy has to put up with so much neglect and mistreatment, that she finally puts her foot down, and expects people to take responsibility in their own lives, instead of doing whatever they want, and expecting her to do everything for them. Amy is their friend, not their mother. 

I will admit, I was a bit surprised to see Amy not be interested in wanting to help the baby out, but she was trying to get the boys to clean up after the messes they make, so it's kind of unfair to blame Amy for something she didn't do. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean, Amy has a point. Why should she have to clean up a problem that the boys got themselves into with their antics?

• Thumbs Up 1

@SpongicX

I didn't mean it like that (I mean it was the boy's fault for being reckless) I just wish she did more than just be shown getting mad as it made her seem useless. Plus it is sad that Evan had the boys not really learn their lesson as it shows one of the problems the show has in that it wastes the opportunity for character development for the sake of comedy

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What were your favorite moments of this episode (asking anyone)?

I loved the many jabs at Meh Burger being a terrible place, like when Lady Walrus asked the doctor if she'd ever be able to walk into Meh Burger again, only for the doctor to say she should be able to eventually, and she responds saying "that's awful." There was also the part where Sonic feared Chumley must have gone to the most dangerous place in the village, and they head straight for Meh Burger. After Dave confirms there was no baby all day, we see the boys hug each other in relief, and Sonic drags Dave into the hug for no reason, and Dave just hams up to the camera, that part was so funny yet stupid, I couldn't help but laugh.

There's also the parts where Sonic questions how Lady Walrus is suddenly showing concern for her kid's safety, the dark humor where Knuckles thought Sonic wanted to put Chumley in a blender, the boy band lullaby, the mobile putting Knuckles to sleep, the part where Sonic snapped at Eggman for waking the baby, the montage of the three guys bonding with Chumley, the part where they search for Chumley, and the part where Knuckles claims this is no time to point fingers, while putting the blame on Sonic for not having a door, and other things.

I can't say which part was the best though, there were too many fun, cute, and silly moments throughout this episode. I can confirm the blender joke had me laugh the hardest, over how shocking that joke was. Sonic's response to Knuckles suggesting it was pretty priceless. 

Here's the dark humor moment, with the blender.

And here's the lullaby/mobile part.

• Thumbs Up 3