Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

14 hours ago, SonicWind said:

I mean, Amy has a point. Why should she have to clean up a problem that the boys got themselves into with their antics?

Someone has to take responsibility for our actions buy why's it got be us? That line cracked me up.

I honestly feel Evan's an Underrated writer. I actually enjoyed the Silver Age in Sonic universe and I enjoyed this episode a ton. I was kinda surprised by how violently Lady Walrus got hurt to be honest. Seeing the tree hit her and her leg shooting up was like yikes. Either Evan's not to fond of Lady Walrus or the Animators were just having fun with how far they could go there.

As someone with Young Cousins that my late mother would occasionally watch over I related to this episode a ton. Watching over kids is hard folks don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

I was kinda surprised by how violently Lady Walrus got hurt to be honest. Seeing the tree hit her and her leg shooting up was like yikes. Either Evan's not to fond of Lady Walrus or the Animators were just having fun with how far they could go there.

I was expecting for like a coconut falling in her head or something so I was shocked when that happened.

Teen Choice Awards tonight. Personally I don't really want Boom to win, not because of personal preference or any hatred of fans but just because it would feel kinda undeserving over much more popular and acclaimed shows like Rick and Morty. 

1 minute ago, RushFan11 said:

Teen Choice Awards tonight. Personally I don't really want Boom to win, not because of personal preference or any hatred of fans but just because it would feel kinda undeserving over much more popular and acclaimed shows like Rick and Morty. 

To be honest, I don't really see it winning.

1 hour ago, RushFan11 said:

But... this is how voting works? If enough people vote for it, it wins, which arguably is an indicator of popularity. If the prize just went to whatever show the judges decided was the most 'acclaimed' there would be zero point in holding a democratic competition in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

But... this is how voting works? If enough people vote for it, it wins, which arguably is an indicator of popularity. If the prize just went to whatever show the judges decided was the most 'acclaimed' there would be zero point in holding a democratic competition in the first place.

You've got a point there.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

You've got a point there.

Cheers. I just don't like the implication that Boom shouldn't be 'allowed' to win just because it isn't as popular as the other shows. When did that ever have any bearing on the outcome of a vote? A certain recent event in a certain Western country that involved the democratic system turned this idea on its head - the least popular option prevailed.

Not that I'm gonna try and draw a comparison between contemporary politics and the Teen Choice Awards, but, y'know. Food for thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

Cheers. I just don't like the implication that Boom shouldn't be 'allowed' to win just because it isn't as popular as the other shows. When did that ever have any bearing on the outcome of a vote? A certain recent event in a certain Western country that involved the democratic system turned this idea on its head - the least popular option prevailed.

Not that I'm gonna try and draw a comparison between contemporary politics and the Teen Choice Awards, but, y'know. Food for thought.

I see what you mean. I mean I do prefer Sonic Boom over some of the choices (Family Guy and Rick and Morty because I'm not really of fan of their humor).

Also I just realised Sonic was close to crying in this week's episode.

http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/164115261653/dark-humor-at-its-finest-lol-from-sonic

The blender part is getting some attention. All day long, I keep getting notifications and reblogs of the clip I shared from Dailymotion, on Tumblr. I guess people like dark humor, lol. It's not getting as good of attention as that upload of the Knuckles feminist clip that reached thousands of views upon release, but it's still getting some increasing attention.

Why does Sega keep neglecting this show? It's like they don't want to take credit for something they own!

20 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/164115261653/dark-humor-at-its-finest-lol-from-sonic

The blender part is getting some attention. All day long, I keep getting notifications and reblogs of the clip I shared from Dailymotion, on Tumblr. I guess people like dark humor, lol. It's not getting as good of attention as that upload of the Knuckles feminist clip that reached thousands of views upon release, but it's still getting some increasing attention.

Why does Sega keep neglecting this show? It's like they don't want to take credit for something they own!

Can't day I like dark humor though. I wonder how Evan is taking the reception.

I guess it's a throwback to Knuckles being put in a microwave in the Archie comics? Yes, that was a thing... 

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I guess it's a throwback to Knuckles being put in a microwave in the Archie comics? Yes, that was a thing... 

Wow the comics were weird. 

The humour on this episode was on pointi'd say this is probably one of my favorite episodes of season 2, congrats to Evan!!! 

also unexpected Dudeitude, that is a plus.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, NikoS said:

The humour on this episode was on pointi'd say this is probably one of my favorite episodes of season 2, congrats to Evan!!! 

also unexpected Dudeitude, that is a plus.

I found Sonic's remark towards Lady Walrus's neglicance amusing as this is the first time a character called her out on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't watch the Teen Choice Awards 2017, did Sonic Boom win for the animation category? I figured I would just wait and see what everyone else heard and posted on here.

20 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Not surprised it lost, but sad that it did. Seriously, Family Guy won?! That show has gone down hill for years! How did it beat Rick and Morty?!

I feel FOX rigs too much of it's broadcasts, in favor of sucking up to it's properties. For instance, 2 years ago, on Christmas Eve, they aired a special that counted down the funniest cartoon characters of all time, and put Stewie Griffin at #1, claiming he was better than legends like Bugs Bunny, and Donald Duck. There's no denying that Stewie has had funny moments, but I think calling him the funniest cartoon of all time is really overdoing it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, SpongicX said:

Not surprised it lost, but sad that it did. Seriously, Family Guy won?! That show has gone down hill for years! How did it lose to Rick and Morty?!

I feel FOX rigs too much of it's broadcasts, in favor of sucking up to it's properties. For instance, 2 years ago, on Christmas Eve, they aired a special that counted down the funniest cartoon characters of all time, and put Stewie Griffin at #1, claiming he was better than legends like Bugs Bunny, and Donald Duck. There's no denying that Stewie has had funny moments, but I think calling him the funniest cartoon of all time is really overdoing it.

It's like Spongebob and the KCA

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I'm a little annoyed, but you know what? I don't care in the end.

Boom was still popular enough to get nominated.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, SonicWind said:

Yes, I'm a little annoyed, but you know what? I don't care in the end.

Boom was still popular enough to get nominated.

That's the spirit. I wonder if there'll be fan art pertaining to this.

10 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It's like Spongebob and the KCA

I can find Spongebob a little more believable at winning though, because KCA is an award show for kids. I think kids are more likely to be entertained by shows like Spongebob, compared to Avatar the Last Air Bender. Avatar seemed to appeal more to teens and adults, compared to little kids.

Spongebob is still a popular show, and has gotten a bit better since the creator returned, and released the second movie. I find it easier to believe Spongebob can keep winning kids over, but i find it hard to believe Family Guy is able to win teens over, compared to other animated shows.

Now in days, I hear too many people complain about and shame Family Guy for becoming so dark hearted, offensive, and gross. Even Spongebob went through the same trends. While it still hass gross out moments, the show is starting to get less dark hearted lately. Spongebob's animation has gotten more colorful and wacky with these recent run of episodes.