Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

1 minute ago, blazefan519 said:

Even so, we've talked about how Vector's VA is even credited in the credits of the episodes despite the fact that Vector didn't even say anything. So the assumption just doesn't make any sense.

Anyways VECTOR. We were pretty much spot on with our predictions and I'm assuming (assuming with actual reason this time) that since he was the only one that appeared in the Morpho scene, it'll be only Vector and not the rest of the Chaotix. It could be that they're trying to keep some surprises, but I'm not gonna hype myself up for something that may or may not happen, so I'll say that it'll be only Vector. That's a bummer and I at least expected Charmy to tag a long too, but it wouldn't be the Chaotix without all three and I'm happy with just Vector as well.

Especially since they would already have Charmy's VA along. They would have to get Matt Mercer back.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Especially since they would already have Charmy's VA along. They would have to get Matt Mercer back.

Yeah and considering how busy Matt Mercer can be (since dude is in like.... everything), I can see why they opted for just the one option instead of all three and it'll be awkward if it was just the two.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Yeah and considering how busy Matt Mercer can be (since dude is in like.... everything), I can see why they opted for just the one option instead of all three and it'll be awkward if it was just the two.

Yeah. Maybe they'll have an in-universe reason; like maybe Team Chaotix hasn't been formed yet in the Boom universe.

I find it intriguing how the villagers know Sonic enough that they start to laugh when Morpho ordered a salad.

• Thumbs Up 1

This episode... the premise was pretty good but it needed to be way longer, like a 2 or 3-4 parter to hit its potential. I can see why Other-Dimension Amy (and by extension, Sticks) teamed up with Sonic early on, but Knuckles and Tails really needed more time to team up with Sonic. It seemed a bit too "We just met you minutes ago and now we're gonna act like like we've always been best buds" but I see where it could have gone if given more time and that's a shame.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, caitash said:

This episode... the premise was pretty good but it needed to be way longer, like a 2 or 3-4 parter to hit its potential. I can see why Other-Dimension Amy (and by extension, Sticks) teamed up with Sonic early on, but Knuckles and Tails really needed more time to team up with Sonic. It seemed a bit too "We just met you minutes ago and now we're gonna act like like we've always been best buds" but I see where it could have gone if given more time and that's a shame.

Yeah, the problem is that the episodes are only 11 minutes so a lot of them have pacing issues.

They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of designing, drafting and making a full Boom Vector model for a 2 second joke. We will be seeing that Croc again (to say nothing of the voice credits).

I thought this weeks episode was pretty strong. Lots of good jokes and it was cool to see the "flashpoint" effect Sonic's rally cry had on the rest of his friends. Morpho seems to be falling into a good niche as a character too. I can see bad impersonations being a recurring theme for him. Watching Sonic spew Looney Tunes and Pokemon catch phrases was funnier than I ever thought it would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just watched "Unnamed Episode" it was pretty bad. I think the town was way too jerky, hating Sticks just because her great-great-great grandfather was mean. The story of them trying to rename the town and all was uninteresting, and the climactic action scene was once again lame one-sided robot smashing. I enjoyed the political joke midway through but the rest of the humor fell flat. 

Frankly, I don't think i'll keep watching the show. Every time it has a good episode (Biggest Fan, Mech Suits Me) it falls back into weak eps like this, or Og Man Out. Out of 70 episodes i've only liked 2. And none of the future episodes really capture my interest, either. The plots just look really bland and routine. "Knuckles is confused for Bigfoot", "Eggman takes a test to make him a true villain", "Amy takes care of a bee-bot" none of these look like they could be entertaining. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RushFan11 said:

I just watched "Unnamed Episode" it was pretty bad. I think the town was way too jerky, hating Sticks just because her great-great-great grandfather was mean. The story of them trying to rename the town and all was uninteresting, and the climactic action scene was once again lame one-sided robot smashing. I enjoyed the political joke midway through but the rest of the humor fell flat. 

Frankly, I don't think i'll keep watching the show. Every time it has a good episode (Biggest Fan, Mech Suits Me) it falls back into weak eps like this, or Og Man Out. Out of 70 episodes i've only liked 2. And none of the future episodes really capture my interest, either. The plots just look really bland and routine. "Knuckles is confused for Bigfoot", "Eggman takes a test to make him a true villain", "Amy takes care of a bee-bot" none of these look like they could be entertaining. 

It's too bad you won't give "Give Bees A Chance" a chance.

I originally thought the episode sounded dumb, but it was surprisingly one of season 2's best episodes. It was actually a funny, cute, and emotional episode. It was also based on Cindy Robinson's (the voice of Amy's) tragic experience of losing her pet dog.  I'd even go as far as naming it as one of my personal favorite episodes of the whole series.

However, you claim to dislike most of the show's episodes, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't like this episode either. Not everyone has to like the same things, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't the Where have all the Sonic's gone episode remind anybody of Sonic Forces with the resistance and Eggman being the ruler kind of similar?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Doesn't the Where have all the Sonic's gone episode remind anybody of Sonic Forces with the resistance and Eggman being the ruler kind of similar?

Kind of now that people are mentioning it. This episode probably started production last year and Forces was announced last summer... Hmm...

12 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I didn't really feel it, but only because the episode did a poor job at making us believe Lord Eggman really took over the world. The episode tried making it sound like Lord Eggman was a real threat, but all the episode really did was make the others look cowardly. There was nothing different about this version of Eggman, outside of his appearance. Heck, he got taken down more easily than the real Eggman. While I did enjoy the episode, I felt the 11 minute mark really held it back from being a really great episode. I mostly liked the episode just for Morpho's shenanigans. I liked the concept of Sonic being trapped in a dimension where he doesn't exist, but the episode's rushed time really held it back from  telling the story to an interesting degree. 

Sonic Forces really leaves the impression that Eggman actually took over, unlike this episode of Sonic Boom. In Sonic Forces, we can tell Eggman took over, with all the giant robots rampaging and marching in the backgrounds, along with all the flaming buildings and explosions going on. Sonic Boom's episode did nothing to really make me believe Lord Eggman really did anything to take over. He was just like regular Eggman, except he had Tails building robots for him, while everyone else hid in fear. The resistance didn't even have a strategy to take down Eggman, all they did was recruit Sonic and Knuckles, and try confronting Lord Eggman. Their fight against Lord Eggman looked incredibly easy for them as well, it makes you wonder why Sticks and Amy weren't able to defeat him before in that dimension? Personally, I didn't get any Sonic Forces vibes out of the last Sonic Boom episode. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

So it seems there might be bitterness amongst the team. Hmmm... not gonna lie, I have doubts mainly because a lot of times when they try to create a conflict amongst the gang, it tends to be meanspirited (The Workshop episode for example).

And the next title card

4 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So it seems there might be bitterness amongst the team. Hmmm... not gonna lie, I have doubts mainly because a lot of times when they try to create a conflict amongst the gang, it tends to be meanspirited (The Workshop episode for example).

And the next title card

Well what do you expect? Races are supposed to be competitive? In races, there can only be one winner. Competition doesn't automatically mean things will get mean spirited. Expecting the episode to feel mean may only lower your expectations. 

You should watch with an open mind, and see if it will make you laugh, instead of expecting it to disappoint you. Chances are, if the episode does get a little mean, the episode will likely fix things in the end. 

Maybe it will end with them all getting so carried away, that they are somehow unable to finish the race. Maybe they'll apologize for taking things too far, and call the race off.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Well what do you expect? Races are supposed to be competitive? In races, there can only be one winner. Competition doesn't automatically mean things will get mean spirited. Expecting the episode to feel mean may only lower your expectations. 

You should watch with an open mind, and see if it will make you laugh, instead of expecting it to disappoint you. Chances are, if the episode does get a little mean, the episode will likely fix things in the end. 

Maybe it will end with them all getting so carried away, that they are somehow unable to finish the race. Maybe they'll apologize for taking things too far, and call the race off.

Maybe that will happen. I shouldn't judge before we've seen more of the episode.

The overall plot of this weeks episode reminds me of Sonic Rivals 2 and it's theme Race To Win. I wonder if they will include Race To Win in this episode, probably not.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/24/2017 at 4:30 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

The overall plot of this weeks episode reminds me of Sonic Rivals 2 and it's theme Race To Win. I wonder if they will include Race To Win in this episode, probably not.

Well, given how Rivals 2 characters act ruthlessly towards each other. It's an interesting idea

I see it's not just a race between Sonic and pals. I'm gonna call it now, and say none of Sonic's pals win, and some random villager wins at last second. It's such a common cliche in race themed episodes. I do hope this episode can avoid cliches, and throw in some unexpected laughs and turn of events.

36 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

New screenshots: 

tumblr_ov9ncw4KFF1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_ov9ncw4KFF1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_ov9ncw4KFF1u5cb23o3_1280.pngtumblr_ov9ncw4KFF1u5cb23o4_1280.png

The Tumblr mentions how Sonic's car is pedal-powered. 

It looks like Sticks is driving a rock. Either there's a Flintstones, or Spongebob reference hidden somewhere in that.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I see it's not just a race between Sonic and pals. I'm gonna call it now, and say none of Sonic's pals win, and some random villager wins at last second. It's such a common cliche in race themed episodes. I do hope this episode can avoid cliches, and throw in some unexpected laughs and turn of events.

It looks like Sticks is driving a rock. Either there's a Flintstones, or Spongebob reference hidden somewhere in that.

I wonder how it'll work. Maybe by petal-powering. I wonder if over-competitive Sonic will return.

I hope that if the gang does go too far, they apologize for their actions.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I think Sticks is driving a turtle shell car.

I wonder if there's gonna be any wacky races references?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

I think Sticks is driving a turtle shell car.

I wonder if there's gonna be any wacky races references?

A turtle shell?! Leeroy is not gonna like that! I'm gonna laugh if Sticks starts knocking over vehicles like a similar shaped Mario Kart item.

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

A turtle shell?! Leeroy is not gonna like that! I'm gonna laugh if Sticks starts knocking over vehicles like a similar shaped Mario Kart item.

You think they'll make another Mario reference?