Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, RedFox99 said:

You think they'll make another Mario reference? 

Who knows?  it is a racing episode. As Fusion-Ellipsis mentioned, there could be some Wacky Races influence in this episode. There's already a bit of Sonic R and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing hidden in there, with Amy's vehicle design having some clear inspiration of her ride from those games, including the shape and color of her ride.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Who knows?  it is a racing episode. As Fusion-Ellipsis mentioned, there could be some Wacky Races influence in this episode. There's already a bit of Sonic R and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing hidden in there, with Amy's vehicle design having some clear inspiration of her ride from those games, including the shape and color of her ride.

Do you think they'll have the song Super Sonic Racing play or at least a remake of it?

He probably wont be, but I feel like shadow should be in this episode, given his like the only sonic character who regularly just has a vehicle that isn't tails. Though this isn't the same guy, another world. So maybe this shadow hates cars, maybe he's really into public transportation

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

He probably wont be, but I feel like shadow should be in this episode, given his like the only sonic character who regularly just has a vehicle that isn't tails. Though thi sisn't the same guy, another world. So maybe this shadow hates cares, maybe he's really into public transportation

Plus it does help lower traffic and fuel emission. To be honest, I'm not sure how he would fit in; I mean he probably wouldn't want to be a part of the race.

Well looks like you guys called it. It seems Vector's cameo was foreshadowing his actual appearance. Also, I checked out the French Wikipedia and there was something for Episode 93: State of Emergency at the Den. Seems like another Sticks episode from the Den part. I wonder if we'll get at least one more Amy episode this season, especially since she only got one centered around her so far (Give Bees A Chance) which is even less than Sticks since she had 2.

• Promotion 1

49 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Looks like your wishes may be coming true on September 9! Look!

Untitled (27).png

Side note-- they really enjoy airing the "Robots from the Sky" arc in its entirety (probably because they can't randomize those episodes due to their interconnected plot).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SonicWind said:

Side note-- they really enjoy airing the "Robots from the Sky" arc (probably because they can't randomize those episodes due to their interconnected plot).

Plus, they are seemingly popular episodes.

So, "If You Build It, They Will Race" was pretty enjoyable. Standout moments include when Sonic had trouble with a tongue twister, Soar pointing out Tails' ability to fly while he, a bird, has to use a jetpack, and, of course, the little detail of Leroy moving at a snail's pace when the race begins and only just getting on his vehicle when the race ends.

Spoiler

Plus the bit at the end where everyone gets a participation trophy despite Sonic being the clear winner (of course) because fairness.

Also, this episode was pretty much just one long action sequence, and I can appreciate that.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Plus it does help lower traffic and fuel emission. 

Shadow just trying to save the trees man

2 hours ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Looks like your wishes may be coming true on September 9! Look!

Untitled (27).png

Oh cool that's neat

See any shadow related titles

For reasons

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Shadow just trying to save the trees man

Oh cool that's neat

See any shadow related titles

For reasons

Nothing related to Shadow yet. But hey, at least you can see a fan favourite character again. Just wonder if he'll "Find the computer room!".

• Thumbs Up 2

"If You Build It, They Will Race" was a rather disappointing episode, in my opinion. It had some neat ideas, but they were squandered by bad writing and poor characterizations. The episode had a few good parts though, but it wasn't enough for me to like the episode.

Right from the start, the biggest flaw in this episode, is how late it was aired. This was clearly supposed to be an early season 2 episode, since it introduced so many things that were already in episodes that aired , with no explanation. This episode introduced Tails's build it box from "Nominatus Rising" and the gang's race cars. It would have been funnier if this episode aired early enough like it was intended to, instead of having so many episodes refer back to this episode, without the viewer's knowing. For instance, remember how in "Three Men and My Baby", when Knuckles had a pizza oven  in his truck, and it kicked off the conflict of that episode? Well this racing episode introduced Knuckles's desire to want a vehicle with a pizza oven built in. It would have made more sense for this episode to have aired first, followed by the baby sitting episode, it would have made the beginning of that episode a lot funnier to see a call back to this episode. Not to mention how in Nominatus Rising, they referred to Tails's build it box like it's something the viewers have already seen, yet it took them about half a year later to actually air the episode that revealed the build it box?

Getting onto the actual review, the episode starts off with Tails introducing his build it box, a 3d printer, basically. He uses it to just make more bolts for his inventions. His friends pressure him to try and make a cool vehicle, using that technology. Even Sticks is on board for wanting to make a vehicle out of Tails's technology, which seems a bit out of character for her, since she doesn't trust technology. Sonic and pals can't decide how the vehicle should look, so they decide to make their own instead. Knuckles wants his to be a monster truck with wheels on the top and bottom, complete with a built in pizza oven, Sonic wants his to be all about speed, Amy wants hers to look fashionable, and have weapons, like a giant hammer and retractable spikes, and Sticks wants hers to have camouflage. Tails keeps his a secret, but his vehicle's ability is being able to jump. 

After their vehicles are made, the gang starts rambling on about how their vehicles are the best, and they decide to have a race to prove which one is better. The mayor interferes, and forces them to pay a fee, to make the event a public racing event, where the villagers can participate as well. They have to wait days later to finally have their race. Eggman even shows up to race as well. The race begins, and TW Barker is the first one out of the race. Knuckles is the first of Sonic's friends to get eliminated, his car flipped upside down, and he eventually crashed into a tree. Dave is the next to get eliminated.  Sticks and Amy start getting a bit rough with each other, and Amy fights back by trying to spike Stick's tires, but the spikes cause Amy's vehicle to get stuck too well, to the point where they both spin out of control and lose. Tails is the next to eliminated. I will admit I got a laugh out of what happened after Tails lost. He flew out of his vehicle, and Soar the Eagle  (The Commentator) flies by in his jetpack, and points out how strange it is for the fox to be able to fly, while the bird needs a jetpack. I will admit, that scene made me chuckle. 

Eventually, Eggman manages to crash Sonic's car, and is about to win the race, but he decides to leave his vehicle, and keep gloating and procrastinating, instead of just finishing the race. The gang meets up, and points out how they took things too far, and they just decide to combine their vehicles together, and finish the race. Now I'll admit, that was kind of a neat idea, to see them combine parts of their vehicles, but what really bugged me, was how the episode made it look like they were going to team up and ride the vehicle across the finish line together, instead, they just had Sonic drive off, as his friends are left behind to wave him off. The episode already pointed out there were no rules, so why does Sonic have to take all the glory of finishing the race? It felt too random and forced. We didn't see them talk about who should finish the race, they just suggested to combine their vehicles to finish the race, they never said anything about letting Sonic finish it... In the end, Sonic wins, and it ends in a very abrupt and annoying way.  Sonic is expecting to get a first place trophy, yet him and everyone else just gets a participation trophy. Eggman gloats how he got a trophy too, and Sonic gets annoyed, and the episode fades to black. 

This was a very underwhelming and unoriginal episode. There are some shows that did a fun job out of making episodes about racing, with creative story telling or humor to warrant an episode of such nature, but this episode felt forced. The pacing was rushed, and it even breaks the fourth wall to point out how this stuff is being done for plot purposes, geesh, like we haven't seen enough of that already in season 2... The characters felt like jerks throughout the episode, and not in a fun or entertaining sort of way either. The ending made the episode feel like a complete waste of time. This was not one of season 2's best. I will admit it had some neat ideas introduced in this episode. I liked the introduction of Tails's build it box, and I liked what each of Sonic's friend's vehicles could do, it's too bad it was wasted on such a poor episode. At least they were put to good use in later episodes, which aired way out of order though.... 

Just now, RedFox99 said:

At least the gang made up.

I don't recall if they did. Amy just pointed out how they took things too far. I don't recall any of them apologizing. Not to mention how in the end, Sonic felt like he was entitled to get a first place trophy, yet was upset when he got the same trophy as everyone else. It kind of ruined the point of teaming up to win. Sonic didn't even try giving credit to his friends for pitching in to help him win, he wanted the glory all to himself... I think it would have been cooler if They all rode the vehicle together across the finish line, or if Sonic tried giving credit to his friends, before realizing everyone got the same trophy. It just made Sonic look like a real ungrateful friend. How does the scene go from the team deciding to finish the race together, only to cut to Sonic trying to finish the race on his own?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry hear you feel that way. To be fair, I don't think the out of order should bring down the episode since Bill did feels us about it before the episode aired.

25 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Sorry hear you feel that way. To be fair, I don't think the out of order should bring down the episode since Bill did feels us about it before the episode aired.

I wish he gave a good excuse for why it's so late though... Even if it aired on time, it wouldn't have fixed how rude and annoying everyone was in this episode. I wouldn't call it a terrible episode, I just personally didn't like it.

8 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I wish he gave a good excuse for why it's so late though... Even if it aired on time, it wouldn't have fixed how rude and annoying everyone was in this episode. I wouldn't call it a terrible episode, I just personally didn't like it.

At least Amy pointed it out instead of them just ignoring the issue. Plus you said it airing late was the biggest flaw which isn't fair to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

At least Amy pointed it out instead of them just ignoring the issue.

Did you see how rude the characters were in this episode? They were rude before the race even started. They got  nasty towards each other, sorry or not, it was not fun to sit through. Everyone gave Tails a hard time at the beginning,  we saw Sticks shout at Amy and call her a "dink", just because Amy wanted a vehicle with fashion and weapons. We saw them each insult each other's vehicles throughout, and gloat about how their vehicles are the best, we saw Sticks shout rudely at Amy again in the races, we saw Amy attack Sticks with her vehicle, and so on.

I don't care if they apologized, they had no good excuse for treating each other so poorly throughout the episode. They turned on each other for the dumbest reasons. I don't like seeing that in shows. It was funny in an episode like "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worser", because it started pretty light hearted and inoocent at first. What started off as a simple bet among friends quickly sky rocketed into something deadly, that was kind of funny and unexpected. This racing episode starts off with the characters being stubborn, trash talking, and ego driven throughout the whole stinking episode, even before the vehicles were built. It just got annoying to watch. None of them were innocent in this episode, all of them were stuck up jerks, even Tails got a bit ego driven as well. It's like this episode's goal was to try and make everyone as mean as possible, with no good excuse whatsoever. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

The animation looks a little weird in some if the shots. 

Eggman looks odd in some of them, because he poured a glass of water on himself, making him wet and shiny. The episode was actually very fluid, and had very bouncy animation, but the lighting looked a bit off at times.

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

Eggman looks odd in some of them, because he poured a glass of water on himself, making him wet and shiny. The episode was actually very fluid, and had very bouncy animation, but the lighting looked a bit off at times.

Yeah the show has lighting issues.

http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/164652264993/sonic-and-pals-design-their-vehicles-from-sonic
tumblr_ovbhcq6Ons1rhnd8ro9_1280.jpg

One bit from the episode I did enjoy, was when the characters were designing their vehicles. I liked how we see each of Sonic's friends taking turns to use Tails's computer to design the 3d models of their vehicles, but Sticks had to tell Tails what she wanted, since she doesn’t trust/know how to use computers. That was kind of funny.

• Thumbs Up 4