Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Did anybody hear any MLG Airhorns during the episode?

I don't remember hearing any, there might have been, but I don't recall hearing any. I already saw the episode twice. 

32 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

That's the reason I didn't Just a Guy and the Bet episode.How hard were  they to Tails?

They've done worse to him, but it just got a bit annoying. The episode starts off with them waiting for Tails to finish an invention. Knuckles pressures Tails to hurry up. Tails gets nervous and breaks his last bolt, and Knuckles pressures Tails for rushing things. Tails then reveals he has a way to get more bolts. He reveals his new Build It Box, and shows how it can print out 3d models into real life objects. He then prints out more bolts. His friends question him for only using a device like that for printing out 3d bolts. They encourage him to print out something cooler. Tails then prints out a bigger bolt, and his friends get embarrassed of him, and Knuckles asks Tails if he's ever going to start acting cool. They then start telling him to print out a vehicle. Tails points out how his build it box is too small to make vehicles. Sonic suggests Tails use his build it box to build parts to make a bigger build it box. Many cartridge refills later, Tails finally built a large build it box for printing out a vehicle. 

The beginning wasn't too bad, Tails didn't seem depressed or annoyed with his friends. He looked like he was having a good time with revealing his invention, and didn't seem upset with his friend's desire to challenge what kind of stuff his invention could print out, but Knuckles did get a bit rude and annoying at times. However, when they start discussing how the vehicles should look and perform, that's when the characters start getting obnoxious. Tails even starts acting as rude as them. He says "Mine's the best, obviously!" They all got pretty bad in this episode. I don't like seeing the characters acting so selfish and childish. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

They've done worse to him, but it just got a bit annoying. The episode starts off with them waiting for Tails to finish an invention. Knuckles pressures Tails to hurry up. Tails gets nervous and breaks his last bolt, and Knuckles pressures Tails for rushing things. Tails then reveals he has a way to get more bolts. He reveals his new Build It Box, and shows how it can print out 3d models into real life objects. He then prints out more bolts. His friends question him for only using a device like that for printing out 3d bolts. They encourage him to print out something cooler. Tails then prints out a bigger bolt, and his friends get embarrassed of him, and Knuckles asks Tails if he's ever going to start acting cool. They then start telling him to print out a vehicle. Tails points out how his build it box is too small to make vehicles. Sonic suggests Tails use his build it box to build parts to make a bigger build it box. Many cartridge refills later, Tails finally built a large build it box for printing out a vehicle. 

The beginning wasn't too bad, Tails didn't seem depressed or annoyed with his friends. He looked like he was having a good time with revealing his invention, and didn't seem upset with his friend's desire to challenge what kind of stuff his invention could print out, but Knuckles did get a bit rude and annoying at times. However, when they start discussing how the vehicles should look and perform, that's when the characters start getting obnoxious. Tails even starts acting as rude as them. He says "Mine's the best, obviously!" They all got pretty bad in this episode. I don't like seeing the characters acting so selfish and childish. 

I notice that Knuckles can be the biggest jerk of the gang, even worse than Sonic. I don't mind that he's not the sharpest tool but I don't like it when he's an obnoxious jock. I hope this address soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I don't like seeing the characters acting so selfish and childish. 

Considering they are children AKA teens... and for some of them not even that! So that's hardly unexpected. Hahaa

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I notice that Knuckles can be the biggest jerk of the gang,

Hardly. If anything he's among the somewhat nicer ones on the team I'd say, regardless the whole Boom cast are jerks in their own ways. Amy and Sonic are especially that on Boom.

And honestly I don't post on this topic that much for few reasons... But one of them being i find it strange and silly... in not a good way... how people here keep complaining over and over about the characters being mean to each other on a action sitcom series, which is normal for both cartoon and live action sitcom series... Yet people seriously expect a sitcom style Sonic series to be above it for some reason? Even in the games Sonic and many of the others are not exactly sweet hearts.

there's a reason one of my friends calls Sonic a selfish jock type character, and they were not even referring to Boom Sonic as they haven't watched any of it. I wouldn't mind myself if the jerky level was cut out by maybe half... but I could say the same for any other comedy sitcom series like Teen Titans Go and most of the others... However we should just accept that's how these series are instead of expecting them to basically be something else. At this point I only watch Boom because I badly want to watch a professional new Sonic series... however I do not think Boom is a great series whatsoever. It has some good moments... but to often it just ranges from meh to kinda bad. It could be SO MUCH better then it currently is.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Considering they are children AKA teens... and for some of them not even that! So that's hardly unexpected. Hahaa

Hardly. If anything he's among the somewhat nicer ones on the team I'd say, regardless the whole Boom cast are jerks in their own ways. Amy and Sonic are especially that on Boom.

And honestly I don't post on this topic that much for few reasons... But one of them being i find it strange and silly... in not a good way... how people here keep complaining over and over about the characters being mean to each other on a action sitcom series, which is normal for both cartoon and live action sitcom series... Yet people seriously expect a sitcom style Sonic series to be above it for some reason? Even in the games Sonic and many of the others are not exactly sweet hearts.

there's a reason one of my friends calls Sonic a selfish jock type character, and they were not even referring to Boom Sonic as they haven't watched any of it. I wouldn't mind myself if the jerky level was cut out by maybe half... but I could say the same for any other comedy sitcom series like Teen Titans Go and most of the others... However we should just accept that's how these series are instead of expecting them to basically be something else. At this point I only watch Boom because I badly want to watch a professional new Sonic series... however I do not think Boom is a great series whatsoever. It has some good moments... but to often it just ranges from meh to kinda bad. It could be SO MUCH better then it currently is.

Some of us prefer seeing them having fun with each other, instead of taking pride in insulting and mocking each other, so what?! You have your opinion, so do I.

Mean humor can work, but I think mean humor needs balance. When characters act mean through a misunderstanding, it can be funny, but when a group of supposed best friends start insulting each other over the dumbest and most selfish reasons, it comes off as out of character. Many early episodes started off with the characters being good friends, and we'd rather  episodes keep showing those versions of the characters. I don't like the jump of the characters being such good pals one minute, to trying to hurt and insult each other throughout the following episode.

I for one was bullied a lot as a kid, and I had no one to turn to, just because I was a fat kid who liked to draw cartoons. TV and video games were my only escape from the cruelties of reality. Sonic and pals always appeared to me as a reflection of how I wish my life could be. Real life for me still sucks, and Sonic was a series that took me away from the frustrations in life, and made me feel better.

Yet when I see episodes of my favorite show remind me of how mean people can be, you bet I'm not gonna be happy. I don't like seeing my escapes from reality start reminding me of how cruel people are. So forgive my miserable life for annoying you... Forgive me for liking Sonic and friends actually treating each other like friends, instead of enemies... Learn to respect others opinions, instead of making a big deal over how others watch the show. I actually liked most of the episodes from season 2, it's not like I'm hating on the series, for a few episodes  I didn't like, calm down...

By the way, if you think Sonic Boom isn't so great, then why is Sticks your thumbnail?...

17 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Some of us prefer seeing them having fun with each other, instead of taking pride in insulting and mocking each other, so what?! You have your opinion, so do I.

Mean humor can work, but I think mean humor needs balance. When characters act mean through a misunderstanding, it can be funny, but when a group of supposed best friends start insulting each other over the dumbest and most selfish reasons, it comes off as out of character. Many early episodes started off with the characters being good friends, and we'd rather  episodes keep showing those versions of the characters. I don't like the jump of the characters being such good pals one minute, to trying to hurt and insult each other throughout the following episode.

I for one was bullied a lot as a kid, and I had no one to turn to, just because I was a fat kid whi liked to draw cartoons. TV and video games were my only escape from the cruelties of reality. Sonic and pals always appeared to me as a reflection of how I wish my life could be. Real life for me still sucks, and Sonic was a series that took me away from the frustrations in life, and made me feel better.

Yet when I see episodes of my favorite show remind me of how mean people can be, you bet I'm not gonna be happy. I don't like seeing my escapes from reality start reminding me of how cruel people are. So forgive my miserable life for ignoring you... Forgive me for liking Sonic and friends actually treating each other like friends, instead of enemies... Learn to respect others opinions, instead of making a big deal over how others watch the show. I actually liked most of the episodes from season 2, it's not like I'm hating on the series, for a few episodes  I didn't like, calm down...

TBH I'm not sure you actually read much of my post from how you are replying right there. Where did I say I prefer them acting the way they do on Boom?

The only one who needs to calm down here is you. Nowhere on my post was I going off the handle and bugging out. What I was getting at simply is I find it obnoxious to go to a topic on a Sonic TV show and half the time it's just people complaining about their same personal nitpicks and them screaming about it endlessly. BTW your past life problems have nothing to do with me, just as mine don't for you, and are not something a show should be catered to. I'm not saying people don't have a right to complain about the show... but doing so on repeat very often is horrible to read and makes me and other people too want to avoid it like a virus. And that's all I was trying to say.

1 minute ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

TBH I'm not sure you actually read much of my post from how you are replying right there. Where did I say I prefer them acting the way they do on Boom?

The only one who needs to calm down here is you. Nowhere on my post was I going off the handle and bugging out. What I was getting at simply is I find it obnoxious to go to a topic on a Sonic TV show and half the time it's just people complaining about their same personal nitpicks and them screaming about it endlessly. BTW your past life problems have nothing to do with me, just as mine don't for you, and are not something a show should be catered to. I'm not saying people don't have a right to complain about the show... but doing so on repeat very often is horrible to read and makes me and other people too want to avoid it like a virus.

Thanks for proving my point of how rude people are...

13 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Thanks for proving my point of how rude people are...

Keep this professional and on topic please. The fact of the matter is not everybody enjoys reading a topic full of petty complaining on repeat, sometimes is fine... but not next near all the time. Especially when like me they just mainly want news and info on the show with little bit of light chat. Anyways this proves my point why I don't like posting on this topic often. To much drama over nothing.

Moving on back to topic. I hope if a season 3 comes the team will use the game characters more... They said they would on season 2... but it's looking to be not much different to how they handled it on season 1 sadly.

You are no better. You tried mocking those who don't like mean spirited behavior. Instead of just lazily saying i dislike mean humor, I was honest, and tried telling you from the heart, exactly why I hate mean humor. Yet you mocked me further, and pretty much called me a virus. So who the heck are you, to act like you're so much better than those with a different opinion?! Some of us are sensitive, and can't help it, you have no right to try shaming those who act different from you! Learn to show some respect!

11 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

You are no better. You tried mocking those who don't like mean spirited behavior. Instead of just lazily saying i dislike mean humor, I was honest, and tried telling you from the heart, exactly why I hate mean humor. Yet you mocked me further, and pretty much called me a virus. So who the heck are you, to act like you're so much better than those with a different opinion?! Some of us are sensitive, and can't help it, you have no right to try shaming those who act different from you! Learn to show some respect!

I mocked nobody. And am shaming nobody. All I said was I didn't like reading endless complaining. And you for some reason are trying to take this way past personal and are upset I don't agree with you and are mad that I want to keep personal life problems out of the topic. And now you are just making up lies about me mocking you.

I'm done here. I have no interest in reading this topic when this type of attitude continues. Thanks for ruining it.

• Thumbs Up 1

All right.  That's enough.  Either get back on topic or just ignore each other.  If you have a problem with the way someone discusses their opinion, report it.  Don't add fuel to the fire.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tara said:

All right.  That's enough.  Either get back on topic or just ignore each other.  If you have a problem with the way someone discusses their opinion, report it.  Don't add fuel to the fire.

Sorry

Semi-decent episode. I don't mind the gang getting a bit competitive and imho this ep was a little more toned-down than previous 'mean' episodes. I still enjoy these episodes but I do enjoy them more when they throw in something charming and/or heartwarming. That's just me though :P I'm glad that we have the TV series and now it's on Netflix some of my chums are seeing it and enjoying it for the first time.

Also... it's pretty shocking that we'll soon be approaching the 1 year anniversary of the Season 2 USA premiere and it hasn't aired in many other countries yet :/

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, caitash said:

Also... it's pretty shocking that we'll soon be approaching the 1 year anniversary of the Season 2 USA premiere and it hasn't aired in many other countries yet :/

That's right. Sunday 29 October 2017. (Man has Season 2 gone quickly, and we're just 10 episodes away from the season finale)

The animation was pretty nice in this episode. To be honest, I kind of hoped Eggman wouldn't be involved so that more time could've focused on the gang making up.

Been busy with stuff lately as I now state my thoughts about the two episodes.

Starting off with Where have All the Sonics Gone, I found it to be a quick episode, with some suprises and interesting stuff in terms of the other dimension. I swear to god Steve shapeshifting was a literal teasefest-

Spoiler

AND HE SHAPESHIFTED INTO VECTOR HOLY SHIZ

Interesting to see another dimension in a slightly simular situation to Sonic Forces (differences being no CAC's and other things) A village under Lord Eggman's control, and seeing some of the villagers being a part of the Rebellion. It was fitting to see Sticks being the leader of that group, she looks pretty cool with an eyepatch!

tumblr_inline_ov5a19LUEq1taxesp_500.jpg

There’s a couple of funny moments and references too! It was amusing to see Steve screw up the role of Sonic, to the point of Eggman DIRECTING him on how to act like Sonic. Smart of Amy to see through that trick though, even recalling the time she was glued to the ground by him! Steve saying the catchphrases of Pokemon and Bugs Bunny was pretty funny. 

There was a neat moment when the gang face Lord Eggman, Tails in this dimension is shown to be his assistant. Even though he’s with the enemy, Sonic does not harm him and even saves him from Lord Eggman’s missiles. Again, the friendship between the two is strong, even though this Tails is from a different dimension. 

tumblr_inline_ovcahwhyPo1taxesp_500.png

As for If You Build It They Will Race, It was another quick racing episode, with few funny moments: Tails creating a bigger bolt when Amy reminds him that the invention can be used for better things, that confusing tounge twister from Sonic when suggesting to make a Build it Box from a Build it Box, most of the humor came from Soar, who called Leroy “some “dink” from the post office” and this one liner about him using a Jet pack while Tails flies with his tails.

Some of the car designs were nice: Sonic’s is a typical go cart, Knuckles’ is a fookin monster truck, Amy and Tails have made theirs with some preparations, and Sticks’ is a turtle shell with some leaves on it. Though Amy’s car partially reminds me of the car she uses in the All Star racing games, with some modifications. In fact I felt there could have been some unintentional reminders/references in this episode. I felt it had a bit of similarity to the two parter racing arc when the Boom comic was still around. Both of them have Sonic get stuck in a situation in the race: In the comic he’s shoved off the cliff, in this episode, his car gets wrecked by Eggman. Both situations have his friends get him back in the race, albeit differently: Sonic’s car is fixed with the different parts of the other cars, and it looks so dorky.

The music choice for this episode was odd. Did I hear MLG airhorns in the race? :huh: And the lighting wasn't good again.

And I guess Sonic's Speedster car reminded me of the fact that the Boom toyline was gonna have a toy car at some point? (Top left) Sounds more of a coincidence more than anything.

tumblr_inline_ovcbq2oWbj1taxesp_500.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Hmmm... no idea, I don't really understand that kind of issue.

It's strange to be honest as I don't think this was an issue in Season 1.