Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Oh, I see.

I haven't watched all of Season 1 but I can't recall the lighting being an issue.

Anyway, I liked how bouncy the animation was when Dave was being splashed with mud.

Just now, SonicBoomFan101 said:

I know right. But when will there be a season 3 of Sonic Boom?

They might confirm it later on, maybe in October.

I enjoyed it for the most part. My biggest issue is that some of the model work didn't really seem finished. I don't know why but it seemed like some scenes weren't finished shading.

Me and my Brother cracked up at the excerpt of the Knight Rider theme when they were building the cars. That was pretty great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone have a favorite vehicle from last night's episode?

Design wise, I liked Knuckles's vehicle, but ability wise, I liked Amy's.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Did anyone have a favorite vehicle from last night's episode?

Design wise, I liked Knuckles's vehicle, but ability wise, I liked Amy's.

Probably Knuckles given that the wheels on the top proved useful to a degree.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Probably Knuckles given that the wheels on the top proved useful to a degree.

He didn't plan ahead for how to use upside down steering though. He should have built something to invert turning controls, lol.

Just now, SpongicX said:

He didn't plan ahead for how to use upside down steering though. He should have built something to invert turning controls, lol.

Good point. Do you think they used the 3D printer again to make new cars?

19 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Good point. Do you think they used the 3D printer again to make new cars?

That, or they had Tails find every piece and repair them all 1 by 1. Chances are, they saved time and work, and just reprinted them.

Do you know what might be a fun idea for an episode? To see an episode where Amy's hammer breaks, and they try using Tails's build it box to build Amy a new weapon. Amy just wants to make another hammer like her old one, but her friends keep designing different weapons for her and want her to try them out.

I'm aware that the Archie Comics already did a similar premise, but it was about Amy losing her hammer, and having Sticks try and find a replacement, while Sonic searched for the hammer. I liked that premise, and wouldn't mind seeing a similar episode, but with differences to make it feel less like a complete copy.

I think an episode about the gang making a bunch of different weapons for Amy that don't work could be a fun idea. Eventually, the gang could realize Amy isn't happy with any of their decisions, and misses her old hammer, so they let her decide to make her hammer the way she wants it. Before Amy has a chance to print it out, Eggman could swoop in and steal the build it box to make his own weapons with. 

The gang would have to sneak into the lair to get Amy's hammer printed out, and get back Tails's build it box. I think that could make for a fun episode.

They should make an episode where Eggman finds out about the build it box, and wants it for himself. That, or they could make an episode where Eggman makes his own build it box, and he challenges Tails to a build off, to see which build it box can make better things. Things could get hilariously chaotic and random as Tails and Eggman keep spawning bigger and better things. Eventually, their competition could get too out of control, that Sonic and pals have to call the competition off, and fight off dangerous robots and objects that were printed out.

• Thumbs Up 2

@SpongicX That last part could be interesting. 

About the hammer episode, the only problem is that it might drag on a bit with the others refusing to just make the hammer.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

@SpongicX That last part could be interesting. 

About the hammer episode, the only problem is that it might drag on a bit with the others refusing to just make the hammer.

That's why it would need some set up and filler. The episode needs to set up a reason for Amy's hammer to break, like one of Eggman's robots smashing it, or having  one of her friends borrow it, and accidentally break it. Not to mention the set up for Eggman finding out about the build it box, and wanting it for himself. He could have a humorous day dream of all the things he would make with that technology.

The episode could make it seem like a misunderstanding. The characters would be so worked up over trying to keep Amy happy, that they forget to ask what Amy really wants. For instance, Sonic could say "don't worry Amy, we'll build you a new hammer, a better hammer!" Sonic rushes off to prepare Tails's Build It Box to make a new hammer, before Amy has a chance to tell Sonic that she just wants her old hammer.

By the time Amy gets there and tries explaining herself, Sonic would already have the hammer made out for her, and want her to try it out. Amy would feel unsure of it, Tails would come in and ask what's going on. Eventually Tails would try helping out, and make a design, followed by Knuckles, and Sticks. Maybe Amy tries being too polite with them just wanting to help, but it eventually reaches a point where she finally speaks up.

I think it could be fun to see Sonic and pals brainstorming about making a newer and better hammer, before realizing Amy just wants her old one. We could see Sonic design a blue hammer with spikes, Tails could design a hammer with jet thrusters built in, Knuckles could design one that's too heavy for Amy to lift, and Sticks could design one that has a built in cross bow.

They'd keep overwhelming Amy with new designs, to the point where Amy finally speaks up and says she just wants her old hammer back.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Thanks

Plus it could be a sweet episode with the gang trying to help out Amy.

Maybe another Amy episode is where she has to work together with Perci because they end up trapped in an ancient lair or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Plus it could be a sweet episode with the gang trying to help out Amy.

Maybe another Amy episode is where she has to work together with Perci because they end up trapped in an ancient lair or something.

I wouldn't mind that, after how falsely jealous Amy got with Perci, it wouldn't hurt to make an episode to see her learn to get along with Perci. They could make it where Perci eventually asks why Amy doesn't like her, and Amy is too shy to reveal she's jealous of Sonic liking Perci. Eventually Amy finally confesses. Perci can assure Amy that she doesn't have any feelings for Sonic. Amy feels embarrassed and ashamed for revealing her secret, but Perci promises to keep it between them. Amy is flattered, and apologizes for how she treated Perci in the past.

A funny way to end the episode would be for Amy to approach Perci the next day, and thank her for not revealing her secret feelings for Sonic, however, it turns out Amy just mistook Staci for Perci. Staci laughs when she finds out, and announces she needs to tell everyone. Amy gets embarrassed and chases after Staci, and she starts cursing about "why Staci has to look exactly like her sister?" LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I wouldn't mind that, after how falsely jealous Amy got with Perci, it wouldn't hurt to make an episode to see her learn to get along with Perci. They could make it where Perci eventually asks why Amy doesn't like her, and Amy is too shy to reveal she's jealous of Sonic liking Perci. Eventually Amy finally confesses. Perci can assure Amy that she doesn't have any feelings for Sonic. Amy feels embarrassed and ashamed for revealing her secret, but Perci promises to keep it between them. Amy is flattered, and apologizes for how she treated Perci in the past.

A funny way to end the episode would be for Amy to approach Perci the next day, and thank her for not revealing her secret feelings for Sonic, however, it turns out Amy just mistook Staci for Perci. Staci laughs when she finds out, and announces she needs to tell everyone. Amy gets embarrassed and chases after Staci, and she starts cursing about "why Staci has to look exactly like her sister?" LOL

Oh that would be nice as I see it as a mice way to make up for the Workshop episode. I could imagine Staci dialing her phone while being chased by Amy swinging her hammer. Maybe she could break the 4th wall by saying something like "Why did the animators cut corners with your design?"

Maybe we can learn about Perci's home life or her childhood or something about her.

• Chuckle 1

22 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Oh that would be nice as I see it as a mice way to make up for the Workshop episode. I could imagine Staci dialing her phone while being chased by Amy swinging her hammer. Maybe she could break the 4th wall by saying something like "Why did the animators cut corners with your design?"

Maybe we can learn about Perci's home life or her childhood or something about her.

It's too bad the writers don't care about character development, but it doesn't hurt to share what we personally want to see. I liked Perci in Rise Of Lyric, and am slightly let down over how she's just treated like a flirt in the show.

I'm still dying to see some origin/flashback episodes. I really want to see how the gang met Sticks, and how she became a member of Team Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

12 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

It's too bad the writers don't care about character development, but it doesn't hurt to share what we personally want to see. I liked Perci in Rise Of Lyric, and am slightly let down over how she's just treated like a flirt in the show.

I'm still dying to see some origin/flashback episodes. I really want to see how the gang met Sticks, and how she became a member of Team Sonic.

That's the reason why I don't like that the show is a sitcom because it focuses more on being funny than trying to tell good stories. I understand that humor can be good sometimes but the show tries too hard to be funny where it doesn't work for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

That's the reason why I don't like that the show is a sitcom because it focuses more on being funny than trying to tell good stories.

I really don't mind the show's focus on humor-- that humor is why I watch the show (also because it's Sonic-related)-- but I get that that approach isn't for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

I really don't mind the show's focus on humor-- that humor is why I watch the show (also because it's Sonic-related)-- but I get that that approach isn't for everyone.

I don't mind it either, but it wouldn't hurt to add some actual plots and development. I really think it would make the show more appealing for many. I still like the show overall, but I'd be lying if I tried calling it perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I don't mind it either, but it wouldn't hurt to add some actual plots and development. I really think it would make the show more appealing for many. I still like the show overall, but I'd be lying if I tried calling it perfect.

Yeah I mean they tried it with the Robot arc but I feel they still put too much focus on humor At times (Knuckles constantly breaking the fourth wall at the end and his speech to the villagers).

• Thumbs Up 1

WOAH Woah Woah hold up. Does anyone know where the author of the French Wikipedia Boom episode guide gets his information? Apparently the rest of Season 2 will air in France throughout September, with the final two episodes airing on September 29 on Canal J. They don't list sources, but they update it very regularly and thoroughly, and may just have spoiled the title of the 100th Boom episode, giving us our second game character for Season 2. It translates to something like...

Spoiler

Cream's Dream Team. But why is Rebecca Honig not listed in the credits, then???

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

WOAH Woah Woah hold up. Does anyone know where the author of the French Wikipedia Boom episode guide gets his information? Apparently the rest of Season 2 will air in France throughout September, with the final two episodes airing on September 29 on Canal J. They don't list sources, but they update it very regularly and thoroughly, and may just have spoiled the title of the 100th Boom episode, giving us our second game character for Season 2. It translates to something like...

Hide contents

Cream's Dream Team. But why is Rebecca Honig not listed in the credits, then???

Wow actually Cream is now voiced by Michelle Ruff. But it should be noted that that might not be the 100th episode for us.

Well it is the 100th episode based on production number, the season's supposed order, and it's apparently airing in France on September 27. Could Colleen also have taken over the voice of Cream now? Charmy does sound a lot like her in Forces.

37 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

Well it is the 100th episode based on production number, the season's supposed order, and it's apparently airing in France on September 27. Could Colleen also have taken over the voice of Cream now? Charmy does sound a lot like her in Forces.

I hope they get Michelle Ruff back. Charmy doesn't really soind like Cream. No offense but I feel like they're already running out of voices for new characters.