Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I really wouldn't be surprised if France really is going to rush all the remaining episodes at once, but I find it a little hard to believe that one will focus on having Cream being a guest character. It sounds too forced and random. 

Many people were expecting Shadow to show up in the season 1 finale, since him and Metal Sonic were in the Boom video games, but there really isn't anything to make Cream having a starring role sound likely. With Vector showing up, we've had hints hiding in front of us for months. 

I just don't see why Cream needs to be brought over. What would she add to the show? I could see a lot being done with Vector in Sonic Boom's world, but I personally don't see why Cream would need to be added in Sonic Boom. I'm not trying to hate on Cream, but I feel there are so many other characters who would be more suited for a comedy show like Sonic Boom.

Not to mention how many fake wiki listings for episodes kept trying to fool people into thinking Cream would show up, with no evidence to prove any of it. 

Not to mention, have you seen the creepy Chao redesigns for the original version of Rise of Lyric? If Cream were added, that means we'd get a creepy redesign of Cheese, or be forced to see Cream without Cheese. Cheese was always an important part of Cream's character, he was always with her, and I would personally feel disturbed to see Cheese with a creepy redesign, or be forced out of the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I really wouldn't be surprised if France really is going to rush all the remaining episodes at once, but I find it a little hard to believe that one will focus on having Cream being a guest character. It sounds too forced and random. 

Many people were expecting Shadow to show up in the season 1 finale, since him and Metal Sonic were in the Boom video games, but there really isn't anything to make Cream having a starring role sound likely. With Vector showing up, we've had hints hiding in front of is for months. 

I just don't see why Cream needs to be brought over. What would she add to the show? I could see a lot being done with Vector in Sonic Boom's world, but I personally don't see why Cream would need to be added in Sonic Boom. I'm not trying to hate on Cream, but I feel there are so many other characters who would be more suited for a comedy show like Sonic Boom.

I mean Sticks is already Amy's best friend and Beth kind of fills in the sweet, polite girl. I think Vanilla would add more as maybe a Team Mom to Team Sonic and maybe being the babysitter of the village. 

Right. About those new episodes... I did some digging here and found some stuff. Time to get the ol translator again! (Airdates are for France.

• Episode 41 for France (A new episode) is called État d'urgence au repaire which translates to State of emergency in den. The synopsis states: After accidentally triggering the state of emergency protocol, Sonic, his friends, Eggman, Orbot and Cubot are stuck in Eggman's lair. This episode is airing September 22nd.
  • And I found a summary of the Vector Detector episode! Amy's hammer has disappeared, and she is lost without him (wat). Vector the detective is on the case. This one's airing on September 19th.

I didn't find anything regarding an episode involving Cream but we'll have to wait and see. Reminder that the In less than 3 minutes episode is a thing too.

So it sounds like Vector is still a detective in this world. There's gonna be some humor around that, for sure! (The thing with Amy losing her hammer reminds me of the comic story Hammer spaced.)

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I mean Sticks is already Amy's best friend and Beth kind of fills in the sweet, polite girl. I think Vanilla would add more as maybe a Team Mom to Team Sonic and maybe being the babysitter of the village. 

I suppose having Cream isn't too impossible. Like you said, Sticks is Amy's best friend, but what if Sticks found out Cream was Amy's best friend from a previous home town, or something? Maybe Amy was asked by Vanilla to watch over Cream for a few days. The episode could be about Sticks feeling worried about her best friend possibly liking Cream more. There could be some comedy out of Sticks being unsure of Cream. In the end, Amy could reveal she's just happy to call them both her best friends.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Nice job @Fusion-Ellipsis. I'm curious about that Vector episode now. I wonder if the lair episode will be like Cabin Fever. 

@SpongicX That idea could actually work and again it could be a sweet episode.

I could see the lair episode being funnier. It would likely be a divide between team Sonic and Eggman, instead of the whole team just turning on each other for no reason. I could also see it having a greater emphasis on the guys trying to break out.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I could see the lair episode being funnier. It would likely be a divide between team Sonic and Eggman, instead of the whole team just turning on each other for no reason. I could also see it having a greater emphasis on the guys trying to break out.

Yeah maybe it'll be less meanspirited. 

Oh god, a Vector and Amy team-up? I liked the idea after Heroes, but am still traumatized by Free Riders...Now, Amy has like 5 different characterizations in the franchise, and Boom Amy is one of the likable ones, but I still expect him to bring out the worst in her. : P

Also seems now I can finally deconfirm the TailsxBeebot/Eggman family vacation episodes rumour, since that one stated Vector's would be about a reality show.

39 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Not to mention how many fake wiki listings for episodes kept trying to fool people into thinking Cream would show up, with no evidence to prove any of it.

They did? How original..Sorry, didn't know that, might very well be fake then. The title does sound a bit strange for me, then again I don't speak French. I'll keep an eye open and check if the listing gets removed, as I have no idea where else they could have gotten it from. Especially weird if Keith Silverstein is credited, but Michelle Ruff won't be.

39 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Not to mention, have you seen the creepy Chao redesigns for the original version of Rise of Lyric? If Cream were added, that means we'd get a creepy redesign of Cheese, or be forced to see Cream without Cheese. Cheese was always an important part of Cream's character, and was always with him, and I would personally feel disturbed to see Cheese with a creepy redesign, or be forced out of the show.

Boom had a lot of weird/creepy character concepts at first. Not like Sega would allow any of them to see the day of light. Also, weren't most of them for the Rise of Lyric? That game is like a whole other universe compared to the TV show.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

So it sounds like Vector is still a detective in this world. There's gonna be some humor around that, for sure! (The thing with Amy losing her hammer reminds me of the comic story Hammer spaced.)

Crazy idea, but I wonder if Vector is going to turn out to be a con artist in Sonic Boom, and is really the one who took Amy's hammer? Did anyone else find it strange how in "Where Have All The Sonics Gone", how Morpho only transformed into Vector while transforming into two other villains? Is Vector supposed to be a villain in Sonic Boom?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Crazy idea, but I wonder if Vector is going to turn out to be a con artist in Sonic Boom, and is really the one who took Amy's hammer? Did anyone else find it strange how in "Where Have All The Sonics Gone", how Morpho only transformed into Vector while transforming into two other villains? Is Vector supposed to be a villain in Sonic Boom?

That is strange. Maybe he ends up having taken it so he can get a case and he'll end up reforming by the end of the episode. 

Morpho has posed as other Team Sonic members before, so this could just be a cameo. I can see Vector becoming a Captain Quark character though. 

• Thumbs Up 2

@SpongicXNow that you say it, I can totally see that happening. The episode's premise does sound a little too simple not to be suspicious, and Vector gave off a bit of an antagonistic vibe in his cameo. Steal the girl's hammer and look great when retrieving it, helping him set up a lost&found business in the village...He's either extremely over the top like in Sonic X where he kidnapped Cream or really some kind of scammer.

It would be the most different interpretation of a character compared to his main series counterpart so far, which I'm generally okay with since that is what Boom was supposed to be from the beginning, but considering every Sega character but Knuckles is more or less the game character with another design... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny teeny little bit nervous now about his portrayal. Ah well, will find out soon enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Amy's hammer has disappeared, and she is lost without him (wat).

French nouns are gendered and have gendered articles ("the", "a/an"). Hammer is masculine and has masculine articles (aka Le Marteau), so that's probably what your translator saw. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I wouldn't count on seeing Chocola show up, that character was only used a minor plot device in Sonic Heroes, yet was never seen again, after that.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Cream episode is fake, I've seen dozens of titles that refer to game characters, and they are just to grab attention. The Vector one must be real because there is an actual listing for it and it's not on wikipedia.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, LukA8 said:

WOAH Woah Woah hold up. Does anyone know where the author of the French Wikipedia Boom episode guide gets his information? Apparently the rest of Season 2 will air in France throughout September, with the final two episodes airing on September 29 on Canal J. They don't list sources, but they update it very regularly and thoroughly, and may just have spoiled the title of the 100th Boom episode, giving us our second game character for Season 2. It translates to something like...

Reveal hidden contents

Cream's Dream Team. But why is Rebecca Honig not listed in the credits, then???

*Takes out bag of Salt* Yeah I'm not buying it. Until I see Bill Tweet about it or Zap2it list it I'm not going to believe it exists.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

*Takes out bag of Salt* Yeah I'm not buying it. Until I see Bill Tweet about it or Zap2it list it I'm not going to believe it exists.

Agreed. Plus like Bill said "There is going to surprises throughout the season."

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Agreed. Plus like Bill said "There is going to surprises throughout the season."

And there definitely have been.

I know it's a little off topic, but in relation to how some viewers of Sonic Boom may feel divided over whether or not the characters in Sonic Boom are nice or mean, last night's Rick and Morty possibly had a clever reference to why shows need balance between characters being too nice or too mean. Last Night's Rick and Morty had the bad traits of Rick and Morty (or their toxic halves) get extracted from them, and it showed a contrast between how the show would be like if Rick and Morty had nothing holding them back from having a healthy life, versus having a toxic Rick constantly yelling at and terrifying a helpless and scared version of Morty. 

The episode possibly made a few good points on why TV shows should have good traits and bad traits in characters. When the characters are too nice, there's really no story to tell, it's just boring, awkward, and sometimes annoying to see characters so happy, and not having a single worry. It also shows how dark and depressing a show can get when it's all about  characters constantly being mean throughout an episode. This episode really showed Rick has humanity in him. He knows he has a toxic side, and he's willing to put up with it, and be trapped with it, so his better half can help have better control over his toxic half, instead of letting that toxic half run loose and torment the world.

Whether it was intentional, or not, the episode made a good point. If a show is too happy, and care free, there really isn't anything fun to watch, but if a show is too mean spirited, and just wants to disturb people, it can be pretty hard to watch. But when you combine light hearted elements with some dark hearted moments, it can balance things out to make the show interesting. That's what I want in  Sonic Boom, I don't want the characters to always be happy, and I don't want them to always be mean. I want balance, if the characters are going to mean, then the writers should do a better job at balancing the mean moments with light moments, so the characters don't come across as jerks. Rick from Rick and Morty may be a jerk, but the show has shown many times that he's not an entirely bad person. Even last night's episode had some good hints at how he truly cares for Morty, even his toxic half showed concern for the toxic half of Morty. Last night's episode showed too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, while too much of a bad thing is also a bad thing. 

Sonic Boom doesn't need to have the characters always being nice, and it doesn't need them to always be mean, but it needs balance, along with some improved writing, so the heroes don't come across as complete jerks.  I'm not trying to start a debate, I just wanted to point out how Rick and Morty possibly made a good point on why shows can't be too nice or too mean, they need balance to make it feel more engaging. 

@SpongicX You make a good point even though I no longer like Rick and Morty. The problem with the Racing episode was there weren't many lighthearted moments between the gang. At least episodes like Anything You can do and Do Not disturb (Both of which I don't like) had some lighthearted moments to try and balance out the tenseness of the episodes; the Racing episode (and Just a guy) had almost no moments like the gang apologizing (the closet was Amy pointing out how they went too far) especially when they suddenly got aggressive before the race and the ending made a lot of the episode pointless. This is why I feel that the 11-minute time run of the episodes tends to hinder them.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

New Sonic Boom Season 2 episodes on demand on Xifnity in Cartoon Network HD quality

59a48d0342ae9_Screenshot2017-08-28at2_01_09PM.thumb.png.fab911392425fb5997df864afa856bce.png59a48d19c33a4_Screenshot2017-08-28at2_01_19PM.thumb.png.f5b2f496a7c8f8cde531865577d8ba26.png

If only Sling TV still had Sonic Boom on demand...

• Thumbs Up 1