Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

These schedules are really confusing. Glad to hear it's coming this Saturday for CN. 

I'm guessing why the Sonic social media is not promoting the show with preview pics. I'm thinking maybe they don't want to make that mistake of using the wrong preview, (I remember they used Sole Power pics when another episode was airing). Or maybe Season 2's future episodes have plots that are too interesting for previews?

I also remember the Sonic Tumblr posting gifs of several episodes too. They can do that for Season 2 also... Wonder why they stopped that.

6 hours ago, Fr0zenanus said:

does the Boom series, existing. have anything to do with rivalry between the american and japanese parts of the company. (similar to Capcom of the west, being the ones who control Street Fighter)

it seems like the american part of the company wants to live in Tom Kalinske's/Classic Sonic's past glory, and discredit it's japanese half.

that's just the way how i think it, 

I'm pretty sure, capcom of japan is in control of street fighter, I'm pretty sure capcom of japan is in control of most of capcom. Like Capcom of japan had their employee's running Western capcom branches like vancoover for like a hot minute. In the case of SF Capcom of japan is very much in control, are the ones in charge of SFV with DIMPS a japanese company  being the primary developer and even has exclusive content yet to be released in the west. They also are in control of horrible decisions, like putting a rootkit in sfv that one time, they allow their western branches to help though, like hiring fgc vets like combo fiend to be a community manager and to consult for balancing for the game. 

So I'm pretty sure that street fighter thing is completely untrue, hell the street fighter director is Yoshihiro Ono a japanese dev , and continuous blanka sympathizer. 

However, If you were to tell me that Sega's branches have ... differing opinions on how to handle sonic along with video games in general. I would tell you "yeah what's new" that would also explain Izuka's move back to LA. He's just like 

tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, Candy Cane Kahuna said:

These schedules are really confusing. Glad to hear it's coming this Saturday for CN. 

I'm guessing why the Sonic social media is not promoting the show with preview pics. I'm thinking maybe they don't want to make that mistake of using the wrong preview, (I remember they used Sole Power pics when another episode was airing). Or maybe Season 2's future episodes have plots that are too interesting for previews?

I also remember the Sonic Tumblr posting gifs of several episodes too. They can do that for Season 2 also... Wonder why they stopped that.

Didn't Aaron not even know when the season 2 premier was going to show? Someone had asked about and he didn't know. So that might explain the lack of anything showing on social media pages. You just have to follow the writers to get any information basically.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Are you referring to Sticks?

i would imagine so, IIRC she's the one sonic team designed. She is one of two, good looking new characters. 

Just now, Shadowlax said:

i would imagine so, IIRC she's the one sonic team designed. She is one of two, good looking new characters. 

I'm guessing the other is Perci?

Is the other Perci or Lyric? 

4 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Yep

Lyric and the towns folk look like the most generic garbage, (  & knuckles) they don't look like depth and creativity went into them, and weve seen the concept art, so we knows its not true. But what we got out, looks like someone's first draft on creative looking sonic characters. Like the new ones they introduced in the comics, take strait dumps on everyone else in boom, they have design and size consistency, interesting colors and shapes. Everything in sonic boom, besides Tails, amy, eggman, sonic 50% of the time and Shadow, look like the idea of an interesting idea but they stopped. Ironically enough, that's a perfect description of ROL's development

Yep

Lyric and the towns folk look like the most generic garbage, (  & knuckles) they don't look like depth and creativity went into them, and weve seen the concept art, so we knows its not true. But what we got out, looks like someone's first draft on creative looking sonic characters. Like the new ones they introduced in the comics, take strait dumps on everyone else in boom, they have design and size consistency, interesting colors and shapes. Everything in sonic boom, besides Tails amy and Shadow, look like the idea of an interesting idea but they stopped. Ironically enough, that's a perfect description of ROL's development

I like Lyric's and Zooey's design, Soar's too. Those were the only other interesting one's on my opinion.

Lyric not only doesn't really look like he fits in sonic, he looks like something out of ratchet and clank, he doesn't even look like a good ratchet and clank enemy. He's the boss you run into on the first level, summons a monster, you kill it and take his gun and you never see him again.  Metal sonic and Shadow look more threatening, and yes that probably speaks to how good their designs are. But the boss final boss man should be super cool and intimidating looking, or at least interesting. And he's none of those. 

I forgot about zoey, she's ok. Soar has an interesting design from the head up. The rest is rather dull I find, tooth paste colored eagle with a pink shirt

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Lyric not only doesn't really look like he fits in sonic, he looks like something out of ratchet and clank, he doesn't even look like a good ratchet and clank enemy. He's the boss you run into on the first level, summons a monster, you kill it and take his gun and you never see him again.  Metal sonic and Shadow look more threatening, and yes that probably speaks to how good their designs are. But the boss final boss man should be super cool and intimidating looking, or at least interesting. And he's none of those. 

I forgot about zoey, she's ok. Soar has an interesting design from the head up. The rest is rather dull I find, tooth paste colored eagle with a pink shirt

Eh, I liked Lyric's design. I like Soar's design because other than Knuckles (which is funny cause they're voiced by the same guy, he's the only other burly character in the show (kinda makes me wanna see how strong he is). I think the light blue complements the pink nicely, but that's just me. Also forgot to mention Charlie and T.W. Barker, I like those designs too, especially Barker's.

I don't think they did the burleyness of the characters good at all in sonic boom, there was an artist that I had found a while back that added slight musculature to sonic characters, like for example having they had shadow with a slight muscular frame because he has super strength and to provide a sort of visual explanation of him being slower than sonic and in some cases being quite literally dense.  And the knuckles they had was only slightly more muscular than that and was only slightly taller. There are ways to incorporate visual differences, this seems the most generic and just visually unfitting for the style of characters. It isn't like there are large characters in sonic, there are, one of them are named big, but ussually they are proportioned in a way that are actually visually interesting, and not just " i skipped leg day. Wish I could find that art, it was real good. 

Charlie exists...he doesn't look good but he does exist. TW is " We had an idea of an interesting idea, but we stopped. 

Edit: All this makes The last episode of last season even funnier. btw

There is one element of Season 2 so far that I've really been digging as an improvement over Season 1, and that's Amy's character. She's much more reasonable, down-to-Earth and calm here, whereas in earlier episodes she was often vitriolic, had a very short fuse and was unwilling to accept criticism. It made her a fairly despicable and unlikable/irritating character, so I'm glad to see they've toned down her rage for the newer stuff. 

And she isn't glomping Sonic anymore, too. But that's more of a change from the main series.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

There is one element of Season 2 so far that I've really been digging as an improvement over Season 1, and that's Amy's character. She's much more reasonable, down-to-Earth and calm here, whereas in earlier episodes she was often vitriolic, had a very short fuse and was unwilling to accept criticism. It made her a fairly despicable and unlikable/irritating character, so I'm glad to see they've toned down her rage for the newer stuff. 

And she isn't glomping Sonic anymore, too. But that's more of a change from the main series.

The only thing I didn't like was that she was openly trying to get in Eggman's bunker by asking that if there was a hyphen in Bunker-Worthy in Spacearmagedpocalpse. Which means she had no faith in her friends to destroy the asteroid. Other than that, I do like how toned down she is, like how she politely asked Sonic to help Tommy in Tommy Thunder: Method Actor without forcing him to do so. That was nice of her.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 01/12/2016 at 10:06 AM, Mcbasilrocks said:

Again, I'm sure it'd do better if SEGA made real effort to advertise and keep the merch in stock without letting it stagnate on shelves.

By the by, relevant question: does anyone have any clue how well the show has gone down with the target audience? Anyone with younger siblings/relatives/friends who watch the show/buy the merch? Ever seen any kids out and about wearing a Boom t-shirt or carrying a Boom toy? I can say I haven't, but then I don't really make a point of examining small children's clothes on my way into work. That'd be a tough one to explain to the cops. 

Regardless, gauging whether or not kids dig (or are even aware of) the show would be a good indicator of its success.

I can't speak for America. (I live in Australia). However where I am I do know some kids of parents I know in church love sonic boom. The parents watch it with them and they say it's a very good show and the kids are really into it. I also have seen kids who have seen the sonic merchandise yell out sonic boom so at least where I am it seems to be making an impact.

Also based on DVD's available I say it did well enough in Australia for the company to release the whole of season 1 in good supply. Australia usually gets the short end of the stick with sonic cartoon wise yet it's pretty good this time round. Sonic Boom and adventures of sonic the hedgehog are the only series available currently on DVD here however.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Super Sonic Speed said:

I can't speak for America. (I live in Australia). However where I am I do know some kids of parents I know in church love sonic boom. The parents watch it with them and they say it's a very good show and the kids are really into it. I also have seen kids who have seen the sonic merchandise yell out sonic boom so at least where I am it seems to be making an impact.

Also based on DVD's available I say it did well enough in Australia for the company to release the whole of season 1 in good supply. Australia usually gets the short end of the stick with sonic cartoon wise yet it's pretty good this time round. Sonic Boom and adventures of sonic the hedgehog are the only series available currently on DVD here however.

See, this shows that Boom could do so well with a decent timeslot in America.  As you've just proven, in Australia, where it's regularly shown on a mainline channel at frequent timeslots, it's a hit. Whereas in the US, ratings are tanking because the network is screwing it over.

The problem just became that much more obvious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. Freiberger gave us a plot synopsis to this week's episode, Alone Again, Unnaturally

So the writer is Benoit Grenier, who also wrote Counter Productive (the episode where Charlie debuts), Beyond the Valley of Cubots (Shawbot Redemption) and wrote AND did the teleplay for Robot Battle Royale (exploding flipping poodle bots).

• Thumbs Up 9

Oh, so that's what this episode is about!

...And now I'm kinda reminded of Tracers blinking ability from Overwatch. I dunno, maybe he could be doing that?

On 11/30/2016 at 10:09 PM, blazefan519 said:

Err personally I don't feel Perci is that much better designed then the more fancy looking towns folkz. And unless it's a odd coincidence... otherwise it bothers me how they maybe lazily stole some of Blaze's color patterns for her.

On 11/30/2016 at 10:13 PM, Shadowlax said:

Yep

Lyric and the towns folk look like the most generic garbage, (  & knuckles) they don't look like depth and creativity went into them,

On 11/30/2016 at 10:24 PM, Shadowlax said:

Lyric not only doesn't really look like he fits in sonic, he looks like something out of ratchet and clank,

I agree on that Lyric doesn't fit in... doesn't look like he fits within any Sonic universe whatsoever... His art style is just completely wrong. But he doesn't have a bad design in general I'd say even if it's nothing special.

Saying the towns people are to boring & generic looking... well what do you expect? for background characters to have flashy important character type designs? almost no story does that, most of them are called towns people for a reason.

On 11/30/2016 at 10:42 PM, Shadowlax said:

It isn't like there are large characters in sonic, there are, one of them are named big, but ussually they are proportioned in a way that are actually visually interesting, and not just " i skipped leg day. Wish I could find that art, it was real good. 

I can't agree with you on Knuckles or other buff character that uses that type of design, his Boom design is good enough and nobody would be complaining if other versions of Knuckles didn't already exist. Furthermore this whole "skipping leg day" is a VERY lame argument/joke... Big torso & noodle legs is a fairly common wacky cartoon art style of which there is nothing wrong with it.

Gru.jpg

Lets not forget that SEGA already give other Sonic characters with big bodies the noodle legs from the very beginning if you count Robotnik.

Oldrobotnik.jpg

And Sonic-Team already shown us that adults from the family line of Knuckles in Sonic Adventure had quite similar bodies to Boom Knuckles.

SA1_Echidnas.png

You don't have to like it, but don't say they did it wrong. For my opinion I would argue that the Modern Knuckles design is the kinda not good one as it doesn't showcase the body difference between Sonic & Knuckles as well as it did on their classic designs.

Sonicz.png

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Candy Cane Kahuna said:

Oh, so that's what this episode is about!

...And now I'm kinda reminded of Tracers blinking ability from Overwatch. I dunno, maybe he could be doing that?

But during its first flight, the aircraft's teleportation matrix malfunctioned, and it disappeared. Lena was presumed dead.

She reappeared months later, but her ordeal had greatly changed her: her molecules had been desynchronized from the flow of time. Suffering from "chronal disassociation," she was a living ghost, disappearing for hours and days at a time. Even for the brief moments she was present, she was unable to maintain physical form.

Hmm... Maybe this here could be what happens to Sonic...

• Thumbs Up 2

the plot of tonight's episode makes me think of The Flash's nightmare in that Justice League episode with Dr. Destiny.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey, the episodes are finally on Cartoon Network's website, place your bets on how soon will it take for someone to rip them?

Just now, Soni said:

Oh hey, the episodes are finally on Cartoon Network's website, place your bets on how soon will it take for someone to rip them?

Doubtful about the ripped videos coming soon. I suspect that the reason why we didn't get a good quality of Nutwork (after it aired on Boomerang) was because of SEGA/Youtube cracking down on several accounts for uploading Season 2 videos.