Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

@DabigRG I like your suggestions and character analysis, but I don’t think we’ll ever get a Gogoba who doesn’t belong with the other Gogobas. In “Knuck Knuck Who’s There?”, they revealed that the Gogobas don’t have any members who are friendly or helpful. They let Knuckles join their tribe, yet got offended when Knuckles volunteered to help them move a boulder from a well, and forbid him from ever being one of them.

All the Chinchillas in this show are seen as Gogobas, so there’s no evidence that any of them were ever banished for being different.How could we get an unconventional Gogoba, if they are all offended by being friendly and helpful towards each other? 

I did like Og Man Out, and thought the continuity, and reveal of Og being a pacifist Froglodite was interesting, but I don’t see the point in redoing the same plot and character concept in Gogoba form. The show presents the Gogobas to basically act the same. They all want to pity others into doing everything for them, because they’re too lazy and stubborn to do it themselves. It turns out they’re also immune to feeling guilty, according to “Give Bees a Chance”.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2017 at 1:18 PM, RedFox99 said:

I have to agree with Dave appearing too often. That's one of the problems I personally have with the show: a lot of the unlikable characters appear way more often than the sidelined ones that have potential to be awesome characters.

For clarity's sake, who exactly would you describe as each?

50 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

For clarity's sake, who exactly would you describe as each?

For the former: characters like Fastidious Beaver, Lady Walrus, The Lightning Blot Society, etc. For the latter: Zooey and Perci.

• Nice Smile 1

Three Minutes Or Less still sounds like a copy of Late Fees, except with having Eggman intentionally messing with Sonic. I hope it somehow ends up more surprising than it sounds.

I’m looking more forward to Lair On Lockdown, it looks like an improved version of Cabin Fever. It will probably have a greater focus on team Sonic trying to break out and get away from Eggman, while Eggman tries doing the same.

Unlike Cabin Fever, I’m guessing it won’t be about the gang turning on each other for the dumbest reasons, and will likely focus more on Team Sonic vs Eggman. In the end, they’ll probably end up working together to bust out.

I wonder if we’ll see Eggman and Amy playing Fuzzy Puppies to pass the time at one point. It might be funny to see Eggman and Amy yelling at each other, only to look at the time, and realize they made plans to play Fuzzy Puppies. After the game, it cuts back to them yelling at each other.

I wonder if Amy’s hammer will be used to break out in the end. Amy’s hammer has been used to bash through Eggman’s wall and door before, like in “Fortresses of Squalitude”. Maybe the episode will set up to reveal Amy doesn’t have her hammer with her. Maybe Eggman did something, which caused her hammer to be dropped outside, before being locked in? That would definitely make things more challenging, if they can’t rely on Amy to bust them out.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

For the former: characters like Fastidious Beaver, Lady Walrus, The Lightning Blot Society, etc. For the latter: Zooey and Perci.

Why Fastidious? Unless I'm forgetting some episodes, he's always seemed like one of the more docile characters. Which may or may not be saying much considering this is a Sonic show, but still.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Why Fastidious? Unless I'm forgetting some episodes, he's always seemed like one of the more docile characters. Which may or may not be saying much considering this is a Sonic show, but still.

Well, at least compared to Perci and Zooey he's much more prominent since he has more focus outside of voiceless cameos. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I think the last time Zooey had a speaking role was in the Fuzzy Puppy Buddies episodes back in Season 1.

I’m guessing the top right screenshot is of Sonic doing a commercial about delivering for Meh Burger, while the bottom right one is Eggman failing to trap Sonic, and Sonic calls him out for trying to make him late for a delivery.

I wonder if this will feel like a Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoon, with Eggman constantly trying to catch/trap Sonic, only for Sonic to keep getting away. 

I also wonder if Eggman is still angry about the chili dog incident from “Late Fees”? I really hope this episode has enough humor and surprises to make it more than just a repeat of “Late Fees” and “Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worser”.

• Thumbs Up 1

@SpongicX I was thinking about Wile E. Coyote too. I'm not sure how I feel about that possibility since admittedly I never really like episodes of cartoons that were parodies of those cartoons when I was younger. Also was Late Fees a very unpopular episode because normally when I see people's opinions about it, they're normally negative.

11 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Well, at least compared to Perci and Zooey he's much more prominent since he has more focus outside of voiceless cameos. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I think the last time Zooey had a speaking role was in the Fuzzy Puppy Buddies episodes back in Season 1.

K. Still, as I said on my list, I'd love for them to give him another actual major role in an episode since he's just been kinda there as a librarian for a while. Maybe they can bring back his role in Rise of Lyric to give whoever it was that suggested it an election episode. Perci should also be given another episode that actually does something with her.

However on Zooey, I don't mean to come off as snarky here, but she basically exists to be a nice girl Tails has a crush on. Add in the point of this being comedy show with common action-adventure elements and that just doesn't leave much room for a character of her disposition or depth. Heck, I 'm pretty sure the only reason we even see her around as a bystander is because this is a CG show, which encourages reusing character models.

Now with that said, they certainly can use her as a feature more often if they can think of more stuff to do with her. More Tails episodes would be nice, so there's the obvious avenue for using her again. And those back to back episodes giving Belinda an active role kinda opens up the possibility of doing the same with other satelite characters, perhaps in another Amy episode even. And it's not like characters like Comedy Chimp, Soar the Eagle, and Wily Walrus weren't all originally created to fill a bit role that an episode needed and they just kinda stuck around afterwards(partly due to their respective traits).

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

However on Zooey, I don't mean to come off as snarky here, but she basically exists to be a nice girl Tails has a crush on. Add in the point of this being comedy show with common action-adventure elements and that just doesn't leave much room for a character of her disposition or depth. Heck, I 'm pretty sure the only reason we even see her around as a bystander is because this is a CG show, which encourages reusing character models.

You make a good point as she's a fairly flat character. I'm not really sure how they can expand on her character without it really involving her relationship with Tails. Maybe she could be insecure like Tails or maybe she could be a Stepford Smiler.

About an election episode, I think I was talking with @SpongicX about one where Perci runs against Mayor Fink and he she wins.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

@SpongicX I was thinking about Wile E. Coyote too. I'm not sure how I feel about that possibility since admittedly I never really like episodes of cartoons that were parodies of those cartoons when I was younger. Also was Late Fees a very unpopular episode because normally when I see people's opinions about it, they're normally negative.

I heard other people didn’t like it, because it felt boring, dragged on, and made both Sonic and the villagers annoying, which I agree with. I think the episode would have been funnier and more entertaining, if Sonic wasn't being held back for the dumbest reasons. I only laughed at the interruptions from Sticks, and when Sonic snapped at Dave, due to his impatience with Fastidious.

I didn’t like how Sonic kept procrastinating, it made it seem like he doesn’t respect Amy. He was more obsessed with trying to  get his arch enemy a chili dog, then doing the favor he promised Amy. He forgot all about her at the beginning, and didn’t seem comitted to helping her out. If Amy didn’t remind Sonic, she would have had to pay a fee, and Sonic likely wouldn’t have cared.

I especially hated all the scenes where Sonic kept waiting around for the old monkey and Miss Vandersnout. Those scenes dragged on, they were boring, unfunny, and easily avoidable. Sonic had enough room to run around past them, yet acted dumb during each of those encounters. 

The episode would have worked better, if it set itself up for Sonic to be more dedicated to helping Amy, giving Amy a better reason for why she couldn’t take it back herself, like being out of town, and giving Sonic more bizarre and funny reasons for being held back, instead of just procrastinating and playing the waiting game.

Spoiler

Tails and Knuckles should have been excluded from the beginning, and brought in later into the episode. Tails could have held Sonic back to show off a new invention, only for it to backfire, and cause something like making Sonic  move slower. Tails tries fixing the machine, but Sonic heads off slowly to return the book. Knuckles could have come along and start being confused over why Sonic is so slow. Sonic would beg Knuckles to help him deliver the book,  Knuckles sets off with the book, yet has no idea where the library is.

Tails fixes the machine and restores Sonic’s speed, Sonic thinks it’s all over, until Knuckles comes back and asks “what’s a library?” Sonic flips out, grabs the book, and tries delivering it, but he’s too late, the library closed, and Fastidious locks up. Sonic begs Fastidious to take the book back, only for Fastidious to refuse. Eggman shows up to return a book as well, but gets furious when Fastidious refuses to take it. Eggman tries attacking the library and Fastidious, and Sonic fights back and saves Fastidious. Fastidious is thankful to have been saved, and gladly takes the book back, without charging Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

Sonic had enough room to run around past them, yet acted dumb during each of those encounters. 

Even I didn't like those scenes in Late Fees. I still think the struggle to return the book would fit Amy better. She loses the book and couldn't find it anywhere, only because Sonic took the book to the library to prevent her from having to pay the late fees.

That's just my idea and opinion. Sonic, from my perspective, should have put his cravings off, to return the book to the library rather than wasting time.

• Nice Smile 1

14 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I’m guessing the top right screenshot is of Sonic doing a commercial about delivering for Meh Burger

I don't understand what the point of a Meh Burger commercial is when EVERYONE knows that Meh Burger has terrible food and terrible customer service (unless everyone in the village is forgetful and dense). I feel as if this restaurant should have had a health inspector demand the place to be closed down. The service and food would have been better if the employees put more effort into making this place a better restaurant and changing the name.

I swear, Eggman had the opportunity for better customer service and he squandered it by getting petty revenge on EVERY customer by sending them into outer space to die. Luckily, they survived. But still! He even got revenge on Sonic and the villagers for no good reason in the Scrambler episode. I know Eggman's meant to be goofy, but his potential wasn't being used to the fullest when it should have been.

26 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I don't understand what the point of a Meh Burger commercial is when EVERYONE knows that Meh Burger has terrible food and terrible customer service (unless everyone in the village is forgetful and dense). I feel as if this restaurant should have had a health inspector demand the place to be closed down. The service and food would have been better if the employees put more effort into making this place a better restaurant and changing the name.

I swear, Eggman had the opportunity for better customer service and he squandered it by getting petty revenge on EVERY customer by sending them into outer space to die. Luckily, they survived. But still! He even got revenge on Sonic and the villagers for no good reason in the Scrambler episode. I know Eggman's meant to be goofy, but his potential wasn't being used to the fullest when it should have been.

Well, it's probably to spread the word across the whole island. 

The Sonic Tumblr has once again supplied screenshots of tomorrow's Boom:

tumblr_ox2d1cMTk41u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_ox2d1cMTk41u5cb23o4_1280.png

tumblr_ox2d1cMTk41u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_ox2d1cMTk41u5cb23o3_1280.png

"Sonic takes a job delivering food for Meh Burger. Leave it to Dr. Eggman to attempt a free lunch by delaying Sonic’s delivery speed. 

Catch “Three Minutes or Less” on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

Taggies: #sonic boom #season 2 #come to think of it #you don't really see many places offer these x minutes or its free things anymore #we could understand if it was los angeles #being outside is usually an all day thing on the freeways #but it's that speedy service that makes things stay all hot and yummy #because nothing is more disappointing than waiting an hour for a luke warm pizza #except maybe the pizza being destroyed #that's a real bummer

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, SonicWind said:

"Sonic takes a job delivering food for Meh Burger. Leave it to Dr. Eggman to attempt a free lunch by delaying Sonic’s delivery speed. 

Why does Eggman need a free lunch? He's rich, isn't he?

3 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Why does Eggman need a free lunch? He's rich, isn't he?

It's possible that he has money problems since he spends almost every week a lot of money trying to take over the village.