Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

8 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Have you seen this yet? This video contains rendering process of Sonic Boom Season 2 and is also loaded with small segments of two upcoming episodes.

https://youtu.be/LpH1kxIKEu0

Aaand we just saw a part of this week's episode! (And some bits of Inn Sanity)

Lol at Sonic wearing a sunflower suit!

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I wonder what episode it's from.

Maybe “You and I Bee Come One?” Maybe Sonic will use that suit as a way to lure Tails in his beebot form. Why he’s wearing it before Tails turned into a beebot, I don’t know? Maybe Amy is doing a children’s play, and wanted Sonic to be a sunflower?

• Thumbs Up 1

So how was the episode guys?

4 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

"Three Minutes or Less" was pretty enjoyable. Not too many standout jokes, but still fun.

Was it better than Late Fees in your eyes?

"Three Minutes Or Less" was surprisingly enjoyable, and did not end up feeling like a rip off of "Late Fees".

The episode starts off with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy at Amy's house. they see a commercial for Meh Burger's new 30 minutes or less delivery service. Sonic decides to order food for everyone, but Dave arrived 3 hours late with their food. He hands them a review slip, to tell them how Meh Burger's new delivery service is. Of course, Sonic and pals aren't too happy about it, and decide to go to a meeting the next day, where representatives of Meh Burger ask how things are going. Sonic points out how the service is terrible, and claims he could deliver the food in 3 minutes or less. The owner of Meh Burger is amazed by Sonic's claim, and decides to hire him. Sonic is offered a free chili dog for every delivery he makes. Sonic accepts the offer, and starts delivering.

Sonic is doing a great job at getting things done on time, and is even making Dave jealous, when he finds out the customers are actually tipping Sonic for doing a good job. There was a funny part where Sonic has to make a delivery for 2 at Amy's house. Sonic seems kind of nervous to see that, when he arrives at Amy's house, he sees that she set up a fancy table and romantic candles. Sonic asks nervously if Amy is having lunch with someone else, but Amy tells Sonic how this is for him and her. She tells Sonic how she thought he would want a short break. Sonic sits down and quickly eats his food, and tells Amy he has other deliveries to make, and he quickly rushes out. Amy then sighs over not having time to spend with Sonic. Dang, this scene has some hilarious SonAmy teasing. It was funny to see Sonic getting nervous over the idea of having lunch alone with Amy, yet he had no time to spend with her, since he was still on the clock for making deliveries. I got a good and surprising laugh out of that scene. It almost seemed like Amy was trying to seduce Sonic, with the fancy set up, and the way she was talking to him. 

Eggman realizes Sonic is now a delivery guy, and wants to try getting free meals, by trying to make Sonic late. Sonic keeps foiling Eggman, and keeps managing to deliver the food on time. Eventually, Eggman manages to plan ahead, by placing 3 orders to 3 separate locations. Eggman got pretty creative with trying to make Sonic late, like tricking Sonic into delivering to the Gogoba Village. Luckily, Sonic was actually able to smart talk the Gogoba Village into actually paying for the food. The Gogoba Cheif mentions  how the food is too big to feed to the children, and Sonic ends up cutting it up. Then the chief mentions how they can't afford it, and Sonic hands them a discount coupon, and The cheif runs out of excuses, and just pays for it. That was pretty funny, to finally see a character outsmart the Gogobas. Sonic then tries delivering to Eggman's Secret Bunker, and Cubot was tasked to stall Sonic, and act like he doesn't understand what's going on. Sonic bursts down the door, and makes Cubot pay the fee. Sonic then rushes off to his last destination, Eggman's lair. Eggman's lair is guarded by an army of robots, yet Sonic manages to get around them all, and delivers the food on time at last second.

The episode hilariously ends with Sonic realizing nothing can stop him from this delivery job, then it cuts to moments later, and shows that Sonic is getting sick from eating too many chili dog rewards. Sonic realizes his end of the deal isn't worth it, and he quits. It then cuts to a commercial of Meh Burger, starring Comedy Chimp. Comedy Chimp claims they updated Meh Burger's delivery policy "It'll get there when it gets there..." 

I was actually impressed with this episode. I was fearing I might not like it, due to it's basic sounding premise and how this episode seemed to be in trouble, since it was delayed for quite some time in France and America, but it was actually a funny episode. There were a few moments that tried being funny, but came off as unfunny though, like when Sonic had to wait for the old monkey to find his wallet to pay for the food. But since I was fearing the whole episode would be nothing but moments of Sonic waiting around, the scene wasn't that bad, but it still felt like an unfunny waste of time. There was also a random part where Knuckles, Tails, and Amy swooped in to fight off some badniks while Sonic was delivering, and Knuckles made a real bad and over dramatic quote telling Sonic to go on without them. That part was so stupid, and not in a funny way. Not to mention how they threw them into the mix. Why did Sonic's friends show up to save him during a smaller battle, before Sonic went off to make his last deliveries? It would have made more sense to have them show up to save Sonic, when he arrived at Eggman's lair.  Sticks was unfortunately nowhere to be seen or heard from in this episode. Those nitpicks didn't ruin my view on the episode though. I still thought it was decent, and funny. It did a great job at presenting why Sonic ended up joining Meh Burger, and a funny reason for why he ended up losing the job. Here the episode was presenting the idea that things wouldn't work out, yet things actually did work out, but it's because things were working out, which caused Sonic to end up quitting, it was ironic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I found out why the episode “Three Minutes Or Less” was delayed.

Look at these images, and tell me they don’t look awkward. What’s the deal with this random mirror in the scene? My guess, is that the scene originally had Mr Slate pop up, but he was facing the wrong direction, and for some reason had duplicate arms and legs popping out behind his back, as seen in the second image. The animators went back, and instead of redoing the scene, they edited the footage to randomly include a mirror, to try fixing the awkward visuals. Regardless, this scene still looks awkward.

tumblr_ox48r81a691rhnd8ro3_1280.jpgtumblr_ox48r81a691rhnd8ro4_1280.jpgtumblr_ox48r81a691rhnd8ro2_1280.jpgtumblr_ox48r81a691rhnd8ro5_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I decided to upload the clip, where Amy tries setting up a date with Sonic. Here's a link to screenshots as well.
http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/165914429918/funny-moment-from-three-minutes-or-less-where

I also liked the beginning, where we saw Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy passing the time to wait for their delivery. We see Tails building a house of cards, and Amy cheering with glee, over seeing Sonic beat Knuckles at arm wrestling. We then see Sonic rough housing Knuckles, yet Amy is still thrilled over watching Sonic. I'm also surprised they didn't throw in the over used cliche of someone accidentally knocking over the house of cards, I felt for sure they were going to do that old joke, but surprisingly, they left Tails's hard work alone, bravo. 

tumblr_ox4bcuX8aA1rhnd8ro4_1280.jpgtumblr_ox4bcuX8aA1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpgtumblr_ox4bcuX8aA1rhnd8ro8_1280.jpgtumblr_ox4bcuX8aA1rhnd8ro10_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2017 at 3:18 AM, SpongicX said:

@DabigRG I like your suggestions and character analysis, but I don’t think we’ll ever get a Gogoba who doesn’t belong with the other Gogobas. In “Knuck Knuck Who’s There?”, they revealed that the Gogobas don’t have any members who are friendly or helpful. They let Knuckles join their tribe, yet got offended when Knuckles volunteered to help them move a boulder from a well, and forbid him from ever being one of them.

All the Chinchillas in this show are seen as Gogobas, so there’s no evidence that any of them were ever banished for being different.How could we get an unconventional Gogoba, if they are all offended by being friendly and helpful towards each other?

I did like Og Man Out, and thought the continuity, and reveal of Og being a pacifist Froglodite was interesting, but I don’t see the point in redoing the same plot and character concept in Gogoba form. The show presents the Gogobas to basically act the same. They all want to pity others into doing everything for them, because they’re too lazy and stubborn to do it themselves. It turns out they’re also immune to feeling guilty, according to “Give Bees a Chance”. 

That's part of why they should do it: to keep them from just being a Village of Hats or even a Fantastic Stereotype. And the solution is simple: introduce her/him as an outcast that the Tribe simply never talks about because she/he doesn't adhere to their ways and thus is  No True Gogoba. It's not like there's much of a hard and fast lore to them outside of that line you cite.

Also, I never explicitly said that this odd one out had to be genuinely nice or empathetic. Just not operate the same way the others do. This can include an honest Gogoba just as easily as a truly antagonistic one.

18 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Why does Eggman need a free lunch? He's rich, isn't he?

Because he's evil, that's why. Need he have a better reason than that?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

That's part of why they should do it: to keep them from just being a Village of Hats or even a Fantastic Stereotype. And the solution is simple: introduce her/him as an outcast that the Tribe simply never talks about because she/he doesn't adhere to their ways and thus is  No True Gogoba. It's not like there's much of a hard and fast lore to them outside of that line you cite.

Also, I never explicitly said that this odd one out had to be genuinely nice or empathetic. Just not operate the same way the others do. This can include an honest Gogoba just as easily as a truly antagonistic one.

Maybe he grew bitter because of how his people treated him.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Maybe he grew bitter because of how his people treated him.

I was literally just thinking of that as an explanation/backstory for him/her(I kinda prefer it to be female).

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I was literally just thinking of that as an explanation/backstory for him/her(I kinda prefer it to be female).

Maybe she and Og could bond over being the white sheep of their tribes.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Maybe she and Og could bond over being the white sheep of their tribes.

Yeah, perhaps.

Also, that moment when you realize a potentially villainous Gogoba is technically the White Sheep. :lol: 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, perhaps.

Also, that moment when you realize a potentially villainous Gogoba is technically the White Sheep. :lol: 

Well I guess a more grey sheep

29 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

@SpongicX Amy looks a bit too excited over the fighting. It's nice Tails's card tower wasn't ruined.

She couldn’t hold back her urges for Sonic in this episode. She was practically fan girling over him, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Well I guess a more grey sheep

How the heck does that even work?

Edit:Nevermind, just thought about it.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

How the heck does that even work?

I guess she would be slightly better than than others but not but much.

@SpongicX Yeah she sounded fangirling.

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I guess she would be slightly better than than others but not but much.

Just editted my message, but ah well.

She would indeed technically be grey in her introduction considering she's technically the antagonist. The idea I have basically makes her the opposite of the Gogobas in just about every way, which could be played for both drama and humor. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Just editted my message, but ah well.

She would indeed technically be grey in her introduction considering she's technically the antagonist. The idea I have basically makes her the opposite of the Gogobas in just about every way, which could be played for both drama and humor. 

Would she be working for Eggman?

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, perhaps.

You mean the Gogobas aren’t already villainous? They live off trying to trick people into doing everything for them, by intentionally trying to guilt people into feeling sorry for them. They are nothing but crafty liars.

I’d laugh if there ever came an episode where someone points out “wait, there aren’t any children in the Gogoba tribe!” They always make excuses involving their kids, yet we never see them. They probably don’t even have kids.

• Thumbs Up 1