Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Would she be working for Eggman?

Eh...I kinda doubt it, but I suppose you could always pull another Circus of Plunders for the sake of making her more of a threat and giving Sonic and/or whoever something else to beat up.

I kinda prefer that the focus be on the fact that she is a reject out for revenge, either way.

Just now, DabigRG said:

Eh...I kinda doubt it, but I suppose you could always pull another Circus of Plunders for the sake of making her more of a threat and giving Sonic and/or whoever something else to beat up.

I kinda prefer that the focus be on the fact that she is a reject out for revenge, either way.

So maybe likr the second Buddy Buddy temple episode where the gang have to rescue the Gogobas. 

Just now, RedFox99 said:

So maybe likr the second Buddy Buddy temple episode where the gang have to rescue the Gogobas. 

Pretty much. The difference is that they are actually involved in(or rather, the cause of) the problem rather than being victimized bystanders.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DabigRG said:

Pretty much. The difference is that they are actually involved in(or rather, the cause of) the problem rather than being victimized bystanders.

So it would porbably involve a sort of hostage situation with Team Sonic trying to talk her (What name would you give her) out of harming the Gogobas.

32 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

You mean the Gogobas aren’t already villainous? They live off trying to trick people into doing everything for them, by intentionally trying to guilt people into feeling sorry for them. They are nothing but crafty liars.

Well, that's kinda what I was getting at in the very next post: the Gogobas technically aren't villains.

I mean they're definitely smarmy, manipulative, lazy, and annoying, but they also generally don't actually cause problems or actively antagonize anyone, whether due to being ultimately neutral or simply to lazy to even consider it. Rather, the problems tend to happen around them and Sonic's Team has to decide whether it's actually worth saving them or not depending on the seriousness of the situation.There's also the irony in how the Chief, despite being the Leader of these self-proclaimed guiltless moochers and almost certainly the oldest, is actually something of a working man himself since he travels to Hedgehog Village on a fairly regular basis to sell [likely overpriced] things for money to support the Tribe.

And it's not like the usual villagers don't engage in legitimately worse behavior and habits on occasion.

32 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I’d laugh if there ever came an episode where someone points out “wait, there aren’t any children in the Gogoba tribe!” They always make excuses involving their kids, yet we never see them. They probably don’t even have kids.

That's a very interesting(and hilarious) point you make there. Unfortunately, it kinda clips up the backbone of this outcast Gogoba idea, but this is a comedy anyway: a simple handwave will do.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder what was going on with Amy this episode; first, she got way too excited when Sonic beat Knuckles then she seemingly tried to seduce him. Did she do anything else?

25 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

So it would porbably involve a sort of hostage situation with Team Sonic trying to talk her (What name would you give her) out of harming the Gogobas.

Somewhat. Either one of the Team would work for respective reasons, though I kinda prefer either Tails or Sticks being the one to disarm her in the end. The episode still has to fill up 11 minutes but I suppose the backstory would be told in roughly a minute and an action scene or two would definitely fit the stakes. And there's still adequate room for jokes and gags here and there at pretty much everyone's expense.

As for what her name could be, I was trying to see if I could find a word basically meaning "outcast," "black sheep", or something like that for the sake of Sonic style simplicity, but since she's kinda meant to be the anti-Gogoba anyway, let's just call her Sabagog until one of us can come up with something better.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Somewhat. Either one of the Team would work for respective reasons, though I kinda prefer either Tails or Sticks being the one to disarm her in the end. The episode still has to fill up 11 minutes but I suppose the backstory would be told in roughly a minute and an action scene or two would definitely fit the stakes. And there's still adequate room for jokes and gags here and there at pretty much everyone's expense.

As for what her name could be, I was trying to see if I could find a word basically meaning "outcast," "black sheep", or something like that for the sake of Sonic style simplicity, but since she's kinda meant to be the anti-Gogoba anyway, let's just call her Sabagog until one of us can come up with something better.

Sabagog is a nice name. Maybe Banni; because it's French for outcast.

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Sabagog is a nice name. Maybe Banni; because it's French for outcast.

Somebody giving RedFox an Emmy--she put in more cleverness than I did. :lol:

The other name that came to mine was Lu for referential reasons.

Somebody giving RedFox an Emmy--she put in more cleverness than I did. :lol:

The other name that came to mine was Lu for referential reasons.

I'm a boy. Lu huh? Where did you get it from?

Just now, RedFox99 said:

I'm a bit. Lu huh? Where did you get it from?

Well, the name of the laidback White Sheep of the Froglodytes, a race of troll like creatures who were kept imprisoned by Sticks(voiced by Nika Futterman), is Og. So...

(Though I suppose you would have to be in your 20s to get that reference.)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Well, the name of the laidback White Sheep of the Froglodytes, a race of troll like creatures who were kept imprisoned by Sticks(voiced by Nika Futterman), is Og. So...

(Though I suppose you would have to be in your 20s to get that reference.)

Mike Lu and Og. Nice reference. 

• Chuckle 1

Bingo. :P

Took me awhile after reading it. Interesting idea. Anyway, what exactly would Lu try to do ti the Gogobas? Maybe try to drop them in a volcano?

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Took me awhile after reading it. Interesting idea. Anyway, what exactly would Lu try to do ti the Gogobas? Maybe try to drop them in a volcano?

I honestly tried to think of something specific for her to wanna do with them, but it generally hovering between simply imprisoning them with informed intent before Sonic's crew shows up to fight her or something simple/tangible like a volcano.

I honestly don't think it matters that much so long as the point gets across.Though that could just be either laziness on my part or not being the one who has actually has to write the damn episode(yet?).

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly tried to think of something specific for her to wanna do with them, but it generally hovering between simply imprisoning them with informed intent before Sonic's crew shows up to fight her or something simple/tangible like a volcano.

I honestly don't think it matters that much so long as the point gets across.Though that could just be either laziness on my part or not being the one who has actually has to write the damn episode(yet?).

It could make for an interesting fanfic. 

10 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It could make for an interesting fanfic. 

Heh, imagine that. A fanfic about friggin Gogobas.

Granted, I realize I came up with the concept on a whim and then justified/summarized it over the course of at least a combined 11 minutes, but still..

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I am officially done with sharing clips from this show, because some people take it out of proportion...

I saw Mike Pollock posted this on Facebook.

"If you upload someone else's copyrighted content, and think disavowing ownership will keep the lawyers away, here's a suggested disclaimer:

"I don't own or claim the rights to the footage in this video, so I have no right to be posting it. What the Hell am I thinking?""

The reason I bring this up, is because this message was most likely an indirect message towards me. since the clip I shared from today's episode had in the description ""I don't own or claim the rights to the footage in this video" However, I gave credit to Sega for being the rightful owners. I wasn't encouraging people to illegally watch the show. I was just trying to share my love for the show, and encourage people to give it a chance. I honestly feel very embarrassed right now, it's obvious that Mike Pollock was referring to me. If that's how people who work with the show are going to view the fans, then screw it. People can hate me all they want for not posting clips anymore, but knowing the voice of Eggman is pretty much mad at me, it is not worth it... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oof! I don't know if that's harsh or humorous.

Especially considering Mr. Pollock is generally a pretty easygoing guy from what I've heard from him.

Pollock clarified in a tweet "Someone posted a Sonic Boom episode in its entirety. Again."

Doesn't sound like you, dude, since you only posted a clip.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oof! I don't know if that's harsh or humorous.

Especially considering Mr. Pollock is generally a pretty easygoing guy from what I've heard from him.

Knowing he's talking about me, it's pretty hurtful. I tried doing something nice for the fans, yet am being mocked for it. He acts like I'm trying to be stupid and harm the show. If he'd rather the show keep rotting in ratings, and not have fans share their love for the show, then fine. It's not like I was uploading full episodes, and not giving credit to the people who made it. I've even had many people beg me to upload full episodes, and I have to tell them "no, it's illegal." It's not my fault the show doesn't give viewers a better chance at watching it. It's not available on demand for a lot of providers, it's not on netflix, season 2 still isn't on Hulu. Sonic Boom is screwing itself, and tries insulting the fans who try encouraging people to watch it legally... 

Just now, boomfan91 said:

Pollock clarified in a tweet "Someone posted a Sonic Boom episode in its entirety. Again."

Doesn't sound like you, dude, since you only posted a clip.

But he said ""I don't own or claim the rights to the footage in this video" The fact that that was in the description of the videos I uploaded is what makes me feel like he's indirectly talking to me. When people upload full episodes of shows, they never try giving credit, they just upload it, and give away the name of the episode. 

48 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

That's just harsh. The question is: is it wrong to upload short clips of episodes yo help boost popularity of the show?

Apparently you need legal permission to do it, which companies usually don't give. It would make more sense if they actually promoted the show themselves. You never see video promos online letting people know what's going to happen on Sonic Boom next week, unless you sit through lengthy live chat segments from Sega. I personally don't like watching those, they always feel like a waste of time for me, plus, you never get actual brief clips of the episode, you get nothing but 3 still images, and a vague description. The way they word these episodes makes them sound boring. It's no wonder I was expecting "Three Minutes Or Less" to be disappointing, because they didn't really give people reason to be hyped for it. I watched the episode anyways, and was actually impressed with it, and I tried sharing my enjoyment of it with the fans. Sonic Boom's TV show was never given a fair chance at being hyped, it was constantly screwed over by bad time slots, lack of ways to legally watch it, terrible promotion, and being kicked off to a harder to access channel, you aren't even given the option to buy these episodes digitally, or on blu ray and dvd, in the United States at least. 

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Apparently you need legal permission to do it, which companies usually don't give. It would make more sense if they actually promoted the show themselves. You never see video promos online letting people know what's going to happen on Sonic Boom next week, unless you sit through lengthy live chat segments from Sega. I personally don't like watching those, they always feel like a waste of time for me, plus, you never get actual brief clips of the episode, you get nothing but 3 still images, and a vague description. The way they word these episodes makes them sound boring. It's no wonder I was expecting "Three Minutes Or Less" to be disappointing, because they didn't really give people reason to be hyped for it. I watched the episode anyways, and was actually impressed with it, and I tried sharing my enjoyment of it with the fans. Sonic Boom's TV show was never given a fair chance at being hyped, it was constantly screwed over by bad time slots, lack of ways to legally watch it, terrible promotion, and being kicked off to a harder to access channel, you aren't even given the option to buy these episodes digitally, or on blu ray and dvd, in the United States at least. 

Shouldn't it be protected under fair use? Maybe you could add in text parts of the video of your reaction to the scenes and talking about why liked the scenes.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Shouldn't it be protected under fair use? Maybe you could add in text parts of the video of your reaction to the scenes and talking about why liked the scenes.

The internet doesn't seem to give a crap about fair use anymore... The internet is getting so strict with this stuff. You can't even upload screenshots of copy written content on Photobucket anymore. If you have a picture from a funny meme you found that includes a picture of Spongebob for instance, photobucket will block it, and only allow those who pay an expensive bill to view it! Youtube will even get mad at people for uploading fan art it seems like! Companies are getting so worked up with protecting their copyright, that they're practically trying to ban people from expressing their love of it, because they see it as trying to steal or mooch off the legal owners of the properties. Nostalgia Critic even pointed out how Youtube has gotten so strict, that they'll ban reviews, just for mentioning the name of a movie, whether you showed clips or not. The media world is screwed up. All they care about is money, and they act like any supporting fan who shares likenesses of their content is stealing. What next, are people going to be frowned upon by Sega, just for wearing legally licensed t-shirts of Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1