Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

The internet doesn't seem to give a crap about fair use anymore... The internet is getting so strict with this stuff. You can't even upload screenshots of copy written content on Photobucket anymore. If you have a picture from a funny meme you found that includes a picture of Spongebob for instance, photobucket will block it, and only allow those who pay an expensive bill to view it! Youtube will even get mad at people for uploading fan art it seems like! Companies are getting so worked up with protecting their copyright, that they're practically trying to ban people from expressing their love of it, because they see it as trying to steal or mooch off the legal owners of the properties. Nostalgia Critic even pointed out how Youtube has gotten so strict, that they'll ban reviews, just for mentioning the name of a movie, whether you showed clips or not. The media world is screwed up. All they care about is money, and they act like any supporting fan who shares likenesses of their content is stealing. What next, are people going to be frowned upon by Sega, just for wearing legally licensed t-shirts of Sonic?

Have you talked to Mike personally?

Eggman wasted all that money to try and get free food wow

Nice callback with that eggman bunker from the space episode.

I feel bad for Amy

My Top favorite things in this episode

• Sonic accepting payment in Chili Dogs. That's honestly something I'm surprised never happened in AoSTH
  • Sonic name dropping Lady Goat when he was having his jealous breakdown and listing who Amy's date might be. Helps that I kinda boarded the "Bi Amy" bandwagon this year.
  • On that same note just how Amy clearly wanted to...erm..."Give Sonic a break" and he just didn't catch on at all.
  • Eggman being 100% petty. There hasn't been enough of 'ol Egghead just kinda doing evil because he sees Team Sonic doing literally anything so I'm glad his whole inspiration was "Sonic has a job". It's what I love about Boom Eggman.
  • "Sonic's Not Here Man" Add Cheech & Chong to my list of "Never thought I'd see that reference in a Sonic Cartoon".

Honestly it was a really fun episode. Although even with the two week break the Animation still didn't look totally finished. Lighting was weird in places and like If You build it They will Race it didn't really look like it finished Rendering. Still though the plot was strong enough and funny enough that I didn't really think about it too much.

Also at this point I think Comedy Chimp has reached Peak Krusty The Klown.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Honestly it was a really fun episode. Although even with the two week break the Animation still didn't look totally finished. Lighting was weird in places and like If You build it They will Race it didn't really look like it finished Rendering. Still though the plot was strong enough and funny enough that I didn't really think about it too much.

I agree with you there. 

Long story short, 'Three Minutes or Less' was better than 'Late Fees'. Sonic was determined to complete a challenge and wasted no time in doing so, thanks to his quick-thinking skills. Though, it makes me wonder why he didn't use those skills (the quick thinking, not the violence) to overcome the - ahem - 'obstacles' he faced in Late Fees.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic: Not that I care who you have lunch with… 

Me: Is this a subtle joke like when Bo Peep from ‘Toy Story’ wanted to ‘get someone watch else to the sheep tonight’?

6 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Sonic: Not that I care who you have lunch with… 

Me: Is this a subtle joke like when Bo Peep from ‘Toy Story’ wanted to ‘get someone watch else to the sheep tonight’?

Well considering Amy was like pretty clearly planning to plow his brains out (Seriously look at her in that scene and tell me I'm wrong) Subtle is more a matter of opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Well considering Amy was like pretty clearly planning to plow his brains out (Seriously look at her in that scene and tell me I'm wrong) Subtle is more a matter of opinion.

Amy really acted weird in this episode. Aside from the above example, she seemed way too excited when Sonic was fighting Knuckles. This might sound crude but do you think Amy's going through puberty? I mean it would explain her more aggressive behavior compared to her earlier personality.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since Bill Freiberger is leaving Sonic Boom, what did you guys think of him. I honestly think he was an hilarious guy. Lady Walrus is acutally one of my favorite characters! He was a good man of humor.

12 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Since Bill Freiberger is leaving Sonic Boom, what did you guys think of him. I honestly think he was an hilarious guy. Lady Walrus is acutally one of my favorite characters! He was a good man of humor.

He wa alright I guess. I'm not a fan of his earlier works (Drawn Together, especially). Plus, I never liked Lady Walrus for her personality and voice.

20 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

I don't like him at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

He wa alright I guess. I'm not a fan of his earlier works (Drawn Together, especially). Plus, I never liked Lady Walrus for her personality and voice.

Pretty understandable.

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

I don't like him at all.

Why don't you like him @Miragnarok

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Amy really acted weird in this episode. Aside from the above example, she seemed way too excited when Sonic was fighting Knuckles. This might sound crude but do you think Amy's going through puberty? I mean it would explain her more aggressive behavior compared to her earlier personality.

I think the writers think the characters are older than they actually are.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

I feel mixed about him. He wasn’t terrible, and occasionally knew how to make me laugh, but his attitude toward the show doesn’t seem pleasant. It might not be his fault though, we don’t know who is to blame, but he does not seem to personally enjoy working behind the show. 

Whenever I hear Comedy Chimp making rude and cynical remarks about being upset or annoyed, I can’t help but feel it reflects how Bill actually feels about the show, and possibly life.

Don’t take this seriously. None of what I’m saying is a fact, it’s just the way I see it, but I could be very wrong. We live in a world where companies make bad decisions, and the workers are forced to put up with it, and lie to the fans that nothing is wrong.

Maybe Bill really is a victim of Sonic Boom’s bad treatment, maybe he’s a contributor, we don’t know. Regardless, he’s giving up on the show, and doesn’t seem to care if it continues. Hopefully the show can get better management, and try giving the show a strong comeback, in order to attract more viewers. We need someone to take over, who can push to make this show a big success.

13 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I feel mixed about him. He wasn’t terrible, and occasionally knew how to make me laugh, but his attitude toward the show doesn’t seem pleasant. It might not be his fault though, we don’t know who is to blame, but he does not seem to personally enjoy working behind the show. 

Whenever I hear Comedy Chimp making rude and cynical remarks about being upset or annoyed, I can’t help but feel it reflects how Bill actually feels about the show, and possibly life.

Don’t take this seriously. None of what I’m saying is a fact, it’s just the way I see it, but I could be very wrong. We live in a world where companies make bad decisions, and the workers are forced to put up with it, and lie to the fans that nothing is wrong.

Maybe Bill really is a victim of Sonic Boom’s bad treatment, maybe he’s a contributor, we don’t know. Regardless, he’s giving up on the show, and doesn’t seem to care if it continues. Hopefully the show can get better management, and try giving the show a strong comeback, in order to attract more viewers. We need someone to take over, who can push to make this show a big success.

I don't think it's Bill fault. He said that he wasn't in charge of changing the show to a different channel. But then again thats how society with tv shows

1 hour ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

I don't think it's Bill fault. He said that he wasn't in charge of changing the show to a different channel. But then again thats how society with tv shows

I never said he was in charge of where it airs, but he could be held responsible for how some of the episodes are poorly handled. You can’t always blame the writers for a poorly made episode, since there are people who overlook the production, and can heavily change or alter the execution of episodes.

The show has multiple problems that hold it back, including it’s confusing channel location, lack of promotion, lack of marketing, lack of home video, streaming, and on demand services, poor management, and sometimes even the writing and animating.

Ever since Vector Detector, I think this season has been getting back on track. We got two decent episodes in a row, after getting a bumpy streak of ups and downs.

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I loved Amy in this episode. I like seeing her having fun with her friends. I’d rather see her get excited over Sonic, than see her standing on the other side of the room with her arms crossed, telling Sonic and Knuckles that they’re being immature. 

Amy is constantly portrayed as the one who stands on the side  away from everyone, when the guys have fun. I thought it was nice to see Amy having fun watching them for once. If they broke something, then the fun would have likely stopped.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Maybe so. I was just thinking that she might have 'interests' in someone else... if you know what I mean. Remember what Sonic said about the lunch thing after he listed who she was planning to have lunch with?

9 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

9 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Dude, what the heck is going on here? Is there some(read:a fair bit of) context I'm missing out on?

I mean, I know that episode didn't exactly live up to the hype and it was definitely weirdly written, but some of the comments there confuse me a bit.

So I was just able to see Three Minutes or Less and I concur that it was indeed an example of the show's better episodes. It takes this relatively mundane plot concept, throws Sonic and later Eggman into the mix, and injects some fun comedy and action in before saying go! It even managed to get characters like DB Platypus(who looked kinda off here), Dave the Intern, and the Gogoba Chief in there as well without missing a beat.

10 hours ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

I think he's a good enough guy from what little I know/remember. He's apparently been personally keeping Twitter fans updated on the show and answers their questions, so he clearly cares about his audience despite how underplayed the show was at times. He also worked for Archie on both the Boom book and on the World's Unite crossover, which is what lead to he giving Mr. Flynn and Evan Stanley the hookup to write for the show, so bonus points there. And I grew to like Comedy Chimp once the show actually found a consistent enough bar to have episodes about side characters, so it'll be somewhat of a loss when/if the show gets another season.

Regardless, I wish him well on whatever it is he's gonna be moving onto in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So I was just able to see Three Minutes or Less and I concur that it was indeed an example of the show's better episodes. It takes this relatively mundane plot concept, throws Sonic and later Eggman into the mix, and injects some fun comedy and action in before saying go! It even managed to get characters like DB Platypus(who looked kinda off here), Dave the Intern, and the Gogoba Chief in there as well without missing a beat.

I think he's a good enough guy from what little I know/remember. He's apparently been personally keeping Twitter fans updated on the show and answers their questions, so he clearly cares about his audience despite how underplayed the show was at times. He also worked for Archie on both the Boom book and on the World's Unite crossover, which is what lead to he giving Mr. Flynn and Evan Stanley the hookup to write for the show, so bonus points there. And I grew to like Comedy Chimp once the show actually found a consistent enough bar to have episodes about side characters, so it'll be somewhat of a loss when/if the show gets another season.

Regardless, I wish him well on whatever it is he's gonna be moving onto in the future.

He seemed to like talking to the fans so there's that at least. 

I look at Comedy Chimp like Krusty The Klown. They're both deeply damaged Comedians. I mean admittedly that's where the similarity ends but y'know.

I think Bill handled things as well as could be expected. I've made it clear I don't exactly have a high opinion of the fandom so I definitely understand him losing his patience with them after what Three or Four years dealing with them? I think Bill did a pretty good job on the show and I wish him luck in whatever his next project may be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will admit, the show can be too cynical at times but there are episodes like Give Bees A Chance to help balance it out a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1