Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

"Alone Again, Unnaturally" had me laughing throughout. I mean, they made fun of Blast Processing. BLAST PROCESSING. My sides are still recovering.

Also, some nice musical and visual references to the Back to the Future trilogy. And apparently, Sticks has a crossbow now. Cool.

Man, season two gets better and better...

Dang it, I missed out on the episode, because Sony suddenly won't accept my debit card, so I have no way of accessing PS Vue's rewind service. I had my money ready, and they won't take it, and they won't even accept Voucher money, unless you show your credit card first. I then signed up for Sling TV, but that service only provides DVR functionality for a low selection of channels, and Boomerang is not one of them. If only I signed up for Sling earlier today, I could have watched it on time, but darn it, I can only watch what Boomerang is showing right now. Too bad they won't show reruns of it tomorrow, they're only showing reruns of 2 season 1 episodes on Sunday, but no reruns of the new one... I hate Cartoon Network and Sony for ruining my weekend... I hate CN for how poorly this show is treated, and I hate Sony for not accepting my money. I have $70 sitting in my PS Wallet through my Playstation Network account, and they're just letting it sit there, because I don't have a debit card that their faulty machine can read... Thanks a lot Sony... My debit card works just fine by the way, and doesn't expire until 2020. It works everywhere else, but Sony's faulty servers falsely claim it's "invalid"...

Seen the new episode and it's pretty hilarious. Best episode in season two in my opinion. 

Here's a pretty messy recording of the episode. I think it skipped some parts in the beginning.

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, CottonCandy said:

Seen the new episode and it's pretty hilarious. Best episode in season two in my opinion. 

Here's a pretty messy recording of the episode. I think it skipped some parts in the beginning.

Thanks for the ep. From what I saw of it it seemed really good. I really liked how this ep focused on the friendship between Sonic and Tails. I believe the last time we saw that was back in the Sidekick so it's nice to see that again. Also it's sad that Knuckles thinks that Sonic thinks he's his best friend even though it's actually Tails.

Can we please give a hand to Roger's performance this episode, it was absolutely hilarious. Also, when did Sticks get a Crossbow? Guess that's a secondary weapon of hers now. That fight scene at the end was really cool too, I love how dynamic the poses are. And those kicks that Sonic did, that looked really awesome. Another great ep for this season.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tails using the amplifier on himself and running on foot into another plane of existence was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

HOLY CRAP! That was hilarious, that's definitely one of the funniest episodes I've seen! That was a riot!

I'll probably need to see the first part to get the entire gist of it but I loved it! Benoit did an awesome on this episode!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you, that was a great episode. It is such a crime that this show is so heavily neglected by CN, and Sega. Now that I have an affordable way to watch TV, I'll make aure to tune in next week.

I loved how insane Sonic and Sticks were in this episode. Sonic yelling "faster" almost reminded me of the scene from Futurama,  where Zoidberg went nuts over lifting weights, and kept yelling "more!"

Eggman's response to Sonic's unseeable presence was pretty funny, and I got a laugh at the Back to the Future reference.

OK, yes, that is my favourite episode of the season so far. It was funny, but I mainly just freakin' love Sonic and Tails' relationship so much.

I just noticed something interesting about CN's Schedule.

The first image was the Zap2it schedule I took a screencap of last week. Notice the lack of Boom on that slot.

The second image is the one I took RIGHT NOW.

I think CN might......."MIGHT" be fixing their scheduling problem.

Dec10th.PNG

Dec10th-2.PNG

my ears bled when Sonic yelled/screamed, christ. that would have made early-midlate 2000s 4kids-haters eat their words when they blowed their horn about the 4kids cast having ear-bleeding voices,

also, i'm i the only one who notices that the characters act passive-aggressively defensive, or at least, Tails?

3 minutes ago, Fr0zenanus said:

my ears bled when Sonic yelled/screamed, christ. that would have made early-midlate 2000s 4kids-haters eat their words when they blowed their horn about the 4kids cast having ear-bleeding voices,

Um, what? I had absolutely no problem with his screaming/yelling. I thought it was pretty funny xD His tone of voice was pretty good too!

29 minutes ago, jm0364 said:

I just noticed something interesting about CN's Schedule.

The first image was the Zap2it schedule I took a screencap of last week. Notice the lack of Boom on that slot.

The second image is the one I took RIGHT NOW.

I think CN might......."MIGHT" be fixing their scheduling problem.

Dec10th.PNG

Dec10th-2.PNG

Woah woah woah they're gonna repeat the episode next week? That's a good thing I suppose! I initially thought they were going to repeat this with The Biggest Fan episode some other Saturday, but that will take a while, so at least people with CN will get to see it next week.

Just found a better quality version of the episode. It's not high quality, but it's decent. There's a bit more to see, compared to the link posted earlier. I'm honestly laughing over how  Sonic wondered where Tails was, and he feared Tails might be at Amy's house, and possibly going out with her. Then he goes to Amy's house, and is relieved to see they're not there. LOL, How can Sonic even think Tails would hit on Amy? Thus, we have the first SonAmy tease in Sonic Boom Season 2. We haven't seen one since Fuzzy Puppy Buddies. Sonic Boom Season 1 started off well with the hints at Sonic and Amy's feelings for each other, but they really started acting like none of that ever happened throughout most of season 1. It's kind of nice to see they've still got some humorous SonAmy teasing going on. 

Alone Again Unaturally is another pretty good episode. The animation and characterization was what I liked about the most here. Jokes are decent as well!

The three tests for making Sonic go even faster were funny, with him crashing into something each time. (Though that hurt HARD poor kid). Eggman screaming when his things go flying was hilarious, and the juice joke got me.

tumblr_inline_ohnhakLfpi1taxesp_500.png

Also loved how Tails used the device on himelf to get his buddy back and ignoring the dangers of it. (I'm not leaving you behind!). The Sonic-Tails relationship here is cute! The animation was what I liked the most, in the fight, Sonic is a literal ballerina here holy geez!

tumblr_inline_ohngjv5gJV1taxesp_500.gif

It's not just the fight scene, Knuckles even yawns while Tails talks about his invention so that's a nice point to show how bored he is.

tumblr_inline_ohngy0IfTF1taxesp_500.gif

Dangit the gifs are smol.

Sticks using a Crossbow instead of the Boomerang is a nice change, maybe to show that she has more equipment aside from "survival skills". Although the device that Sonic wears on his chest kinda reminded me of Tracer wearing a device in Overwatch. Functions are different tho, she wears it to keep herself in the present time (as well as controlling it), while Sonic ended up going too fast and ended up in a different plane of existance.

This is one of my few favourites along with Spacemaddegon and Nutwork. I wonder what the next one will be about...

• Thumbs Up 7

That episode was hilarious! Definitely one of my favorites of the entire series!  Sonic getting pulverized at the beginning was pretty darn funny.  "Uh guys? Can we wait a sec before we give it another go?" "HE SAID GO!"

The blast processing nod had the 90s kid in me squeeing. Sonic destroying Eggman's lair just for kicks was pretty funny too. "I almost feel bad about this.. ALMOST." *knocks over lamp*

Solid episode. 9.5/10

This might be the single best episode of the whole series. I laughed so hard at the opening bit and the Blast Processing joke and the return of "What the Snap". I was laughing all the way through. a great episode.

Okay so, @5:35 in that video..

I'm pretty sure that was the SatAM theme. 

This one:

@00:35

• Thumbs Up 1

Well since Sonic was running fast and Exploded I'm pretty sure its more of BTTF reference. Although SatAM did have that oddly similar track for some reason.

And SatAMs theme sounds like Back to the Future.

They did a complete pastiche of AoStH in episode one, so I'm calling this intentional. Even if it wasnt, why Back to the Future when Sonic isn't travelling through time? It's Sonic's freedom fighters friends fighting off Dr Robotniks Dr Eggman's swatbots badniks.

guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

And SatAMs theme sounds like Back to the Future.

They did a complete pastiche of AoStH in episode one, so I'm calling this intentional. Even if it wasnt, why Back to the Future when Sonic isn't travelling through time? It's Sonic's freedom fighters friends fighting off Dr Robotniks Dr Eggman's swatbots badniks.

guys.

Actually, that was officially debunked by Bill Freiberger. Any resemblance is pure coincidence.

---------------

I liked this episode a lot! Poor Sonic-- he just wanted to go faster and faster but didn't realize that there's a limit. I felt really bad for him when he was walking around town, trying to find out where everybody was but not seeing anybody at all.

I chuckled at the blast processing reference-- especially Sticks claiming that its just a marketing buzzword. (Which is actually true-- the touted "blast processing" of the Sega Genesis didn't actually refer to any of its hardware, software, or features. It was just a catchy name meant to stick in customer minds so that they'd remember to buy a Genesis instead of a Super Nintendo.)

I also had a bit of a chuckle at Tails's reaction to going at Sonic's speed. Some are simply not meant for the fast life. XP

All and all, a good episode