Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

5 hours ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Do you guys feel the final two episodes of Season 2 in English should be revealed anytime soon?

Maybe in November. Also where do we find out about news for a possible season 3?

18 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Amy tends to lose her temper or can act a bit like she knows better than others.

I think she acts like she is A LOT better than everyone else. SHE'S the one who needs sensitivity training.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I think she acts like she is A LOT better than everyone else. SHE'S the one who needs sensitivity training.

Come on, all the characters are guilty of this trope, it’s kind of unfair to act like Amy is the only one who has these moments.

Sonic is an ego maniac, Knuckles is a jock, Sticks treats everyone like idiots for using technology, and Tails keeps trying to show off how smart he is by presenting inventions, without always testing them out first.

They all have the mindset that they are the best. They all have a bit of an ego, and tendency to brag or point out flaws occasionally, so why act like Amy is the only one who does this? 

The way I see it, Amy usually acts moody , because she tries being a good person, yet gets treated like crap in return, which ends up getting her in a bad mood. Maybe if the other characters weren’t so rude, Amy would be nicer. Amy does so much for her friends, the villagers, and the village, yet gets constantly mistreated for her hard work. No one ever wants to help Amy with all she does, so it’s no wonder she gets cranky. 

50 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Come on, all the characters are guilty of this trope

It's one thing to give characters flaws (which I am OK with), but it's another thing to flanderise them. That's basically what this show did to our main heroes (except Sticks) and villain (Eggman's just a joke now).

Say, I noticed while playing catch up several weeks ago that some people seem to be really protective and detail oriented when it comes to Amy. How exactly did that come about, if you don't mind me asking?

17 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Say, I noticed while playing catch up several weeks ago that some people seem to be really protective and detail oriented when it comes to Amy. How exactly did that come about, if you don't mind me asking?

I think it might en because her character had changed the most from how it originally was. Initially she was a nice, ditzy girl. Now she tends to be written as, as @SpongicX puts it, a mistreated nag. We had episodes like Chez Amy, Just a Guy, and Closed Door Policy where she acted like a jerk for no good reason and she would often not apologize for it.

6 hours ago, SpongicX said:

The way I see it, Amy usually acts moody , because she tries being a good person, yet gets treated like crap in return, which ends up getting her in a bad mood. Maybe if the other characters weren’t so rude, Amy would be nicer. Amy does so much for her friends, the villagers, and the village, yet gets constantly mistreated for her hard work. No one ever wants to help Amy with all she does, so it’s no wonder she gets cranky. 

While that maybe the case, it still doesn't excuse her behavior, don't you think?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

We had episodes like Chez Amy, Just a Guy, and Closed Door Policy where she acted like a jerk for no good reason and she would often not apologize for it.

Like I said in my 'Just a Guy' review, Amy NEVER apologises for her actions. Man, I HATED that episode with a passion.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

While that maybe the case, it still doesn't excuse her behavior, don't you think?

I'd say it does.

Coming from personal experience, If someone's being a dick or disrespectful, I see no reason to return the favor. I won't sink low to the point of hurling insults, but I definitely won't be understanding and caring like I would've been otherwise. I may not even respond altogether, just a block/mute. How I respond to a person is entirely based on how they respond to me. I won't overdo it to the point where I've reached their level, but yeah. When you've dealt with a lot of crap, you just sort of...not care anymore. And you certainly have no issue responding if someone's getting on your case, especially in public.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies with Amy. If I had to deal with ungrateful villagers and unappreciative teammates, yeah I wouldn't avoid holding anything back either. in season 2, she seems to react to these things similar to how I would react to them. She's massively critical, may get annoyed (audible groans, growls or sighs), but she won't sink to their level. Hell, if the Bea episode has taught us anything, she does actually refain from speaking up about how she really feels about things. It's just not healthy to bottle up your emotions. Compared to the the way she's been treated in the past,  her response is nothing.

• Nice Smile 1

19 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

I'd say it does.

Coming from personal experience, If someone's being a dick or disrespectful, I see no reason to return the favor. I won't sink low to the point of hurling insults, but I definitely won't be understanding and caring like I would've been otherwise. I may not even respond altogether, just a block/mute. How I respond to a person is entirely based on how they respond to me. I won't overdo it to the point where I've reached their level, but yeah. When you've dealt with a lot of crap, you just sort of...not care anymore. And you certainly have no issue responding if someone's getting on your case, especially in public.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies with Amy. If I had to deal with ungrateful villagers and unappreciative teammates, yeah I wouldn't avoid holding anything back either. in season 2, she seems to react to these things similar to how I would react to them. She's massively critical, may get annoyed (audible groans, growls or sighs), but she won't sink to their level. Hell, if the Bea episode has taught us anything, she does actually refain from speaking up about how she really feels about things. It's just not healthy to bottle up your emotions. Compared to the the way she's been treated in the past,  her response is nothing.

Well put.

Just like Cindy said she's "bipolar, and she's does not let things slide". But other than that Amy is a great friend and teammate

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

While I still don't condone how she acts sometimes, I can't deny that she's mistreated often as well, possibly more than Tails.

If Amy was more likable, I probably would have felt sorry for her. But it's hard to do so, considering the way she behaves now. While she may be likable to some people, to me she's more unlikable than not.

18 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

If Amy was more likable, I probably would have felt sorry for her. But it's hard to do so, considering the way she behaves now. While she may be likable to some people, to me she's more unlikable than not.

I mean there are times when she's likable but it's hard to like her when she's act like she does in the episodes that I mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I mean there are times when she's likable but it's hard to like her when she's act like she does in the episodes that I mentioned.

Yeah, I know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jeez, that close to the end of the season already? Can't believe it's been a year since it started.

really hope there's a third season.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a question: if there was a Season 3, sould you rather have it be less comedic (it can still have humor but not to the degree of the first two seasons) and have it be more plot driven?

http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/166547744343/top-10-episodes-of-sonic-boom-season-1-i-liked

I made a top 10 list of "season one episodes I liked that others seem to hate". I probably won't be making a same list for season 2, because there aren't enough episodes I feel I liked that others strongly disliked. Season 2 mostly seems to have done well, with only a few arguably bad episodes. Season 1 was more of a mixed bag of episodes, ranging from ok to just plain bad. With Season 2, I've mostly heard good things coming from the fans, so there really aren't as many episodes to choose from in season 2. I might make a list of top 10 best episodes and top 5 worst episodes from season 2, but I better wait for the season to end first. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/166547744343/top-10-episodes-of-sonic-boom-season-1-i-liked

I made a top 10 list of "season one episodes I liked that others seem to hate". I probably won't be making a same list for season 2, because there aren't enough episodes I feel I liked that others strongly disliked. Season 2 mostly seems to have done well, with only a few arguably bad episodes. Season 1 was more of a mixed bag of episodes, ranging from ok to just plain bad. With Season 2, I've mostly heard good things coming from the fans, so there really aren't as many episodes to choose from in season 2. I might make a list of top 10 best episodes and top 5 worst episodes from season 2, but I better wait for the season to end first. 

What are your 5 worst season 1 episodes? You can just list them off without explanations?

40 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What are your 5 worst season 1 episodes? You can just list them off without explanations?

5.  No Robots Allowed 
4. Designated Heroes
3. Chez Amy
2. Cabin Fever
(dishonorable mentions: Aim Low, Don't Judge Me, Late Fees, It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog)
1. Bro Down Showdown

There were still moments in each of these episodes that made me laugh, but  they left me feeling annoyed with them overall. "No Robots Allowed" is pretty low on the list, because while I thought it was overall a bad episode, I still got a laugh out of the subplot of Sonic and pals trying to keep cool. The part where they turn the fan on in Tails's house was fun and hilarious, especially when they spoofed off of the Wizard Of Oz and E.T. at once. 

• Thumbs Up 1