Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I wasn't a fan of the 'Alone Again, Unnaturally' episode. Especially with the way Sonic's friends treated Sonic and Tails, and the way Sonic treated Eggman. I would talk about how I think this episode would have worked, but I don't want anyone on the fanbase to kill me.

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

Nope. We just know that he and other characters from the games will be appearing some time this Season. I was hoping that Shadow would be a reoccuring as we still don't much about him in this Universe. We'll just have to wait and see. 

I don't think his appearance will be much either. This show doesn't really seem about establishing anything, ( also in the camp of I don't know if there is even going to be much sonic boom after this and I think it might peter off into nothing ).

Hopefully its cool. 

I just want to say, mad props to the music composers for this show. The music that played while Knuckles destroyed the meteor (Or was it an asteroid?) In Spacemageddon was epic.

Bill Freiberger has hinted that this season will include multi-parters, which I'm stoked for. Perhaps Shadow could turn up in one of those?

In Spacemaggedon, there was a cop riding a motorcycle. I wonder if they will reuse that motorcycle asset for an upcoming episode focusing on Shadow?

26 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

Bill Freiberger has hinted that this season will include multi-parters, which I'm stoked for. Perhaps Shadow could turn up in one of those?

Maybe? That is technically possible 

9 minutes ago, Myst said:

In Spacemaggedon, there was a cop riding a motorcycle. I wonder if they will reuse that motorcycle asset for an upcoming episode focusing on Shadow?

I hope they ask him why he rides it. And there is an actual intelligent answer to the question that is meaningful and sandbags a joke. 

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Maybe? That is technically possible 

I hope they ask him why he rides it. And there is an actual intelligent answer to the question that is meaningful and sandbags a joke. 

"A motorcycle? The heck do you need one of those for?"

"Why do you think? It provides a convenient, stylish form of travel - albeit one which is not environmentally beneficial - that also drastically reduces the physical exertion necessitated of me, thus allowing my energy reserves to be more usefully dedicated to combat. Like so."  punches Sonic

• Thumbs Up 7

58 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

"A motorcycle? The heck do you need one of those for?"

"Why do you think? It provides a convenient, stylish form of travel - albeit one which is not environmentally beneficial - that also drastically reduces the physical exertion necessitated of me, thus allowing my energy reserves to be more usefully dedicated to combat. Like so."  punches Sonic

That's funny. I got two

" A motorcycle? That makes no sense"

" I have a hobby, its healthy. What do you do besides acquiesce the whims of a group of people who couldn't care less about your well being? "

"uh... "

Or even better

" Why the bike? Cant you teleport, seems counter productive"

" It grounds me"

And then that doesn't get expanded on, and then later they find out his back story , and depending on how similar it is to normal shadow , it may provide context for that statement. Later sonic and co now knowing what shadow has gone through and hardships he has faced, and what shadow is going through currently asks to help with the bike. Shadow responds with an new found willingness to try a normal friendship with someone

" you may watch me, work on the bike" 

Sonic and co touch something and breaks almost everything, and shadow looses his shit. And the episode ends. Friendship.

• Thumbs Up 4

"OK, alright. The bike I can just about swallow. But do you really need to be carrying around a gun?"

"It's edgy. You wouldn't understand."

Oddly enough considering cartoonish guns exist in sonic boom and have been used, it would actually be less odd to ask. 

It would be fun if shadow had some weapons that were from his game just hanging around his home or something. Like the katana, someone asks and he just says this " sometimes I get motivated" 

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (then again I end up being the bearer of all news...) but new ratings data is in.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want SEGA to step in and end this. This is getting insane.

I'm sick of these stupidly low ratings. If this season is anything to go by right now, Boom deserves far better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Out of curiosity does anybody know how well the show was doing on Hulu when it was added there? 

7 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (then again I end up being the bearer of all news...) but new ratings data is in.

...Remind me again why they put this show to Boomerang? Cause the ratings are getting worse!

2 hours ago, Candy Cane Kahuna said:

...Remind me again why they put this show to Boomerang? Cause the ratings are getting worse!

Because Cartoon Network have nothing but complete apathy and contempt for the show so they're doing everything in their power to see it gets canned. 6AM timeslot? Check. Decent timeslot on a channel next to nobody has access to? Check. 

Plus, according to rumours, SEGA are eager to pull the plug on Boom after this season, so they have very little reason/motivation to step in and do something. By all accounts, the show is royally buggered. And that saddens me.

Actually, it also irritates me to a degree, because down the line people will use these dwindling ratings as "evidence" that the show wasn't any good. Little will they recognise that the problem was nothing to do with the quality of the show: it was all down to mismanagement and disinterest from the network and SEGA alike.

And despite what some devoted fans will have you believe, that is enough to sink a TV programme in today's competitive market.

3 hours ago, Candy Cane Kahuna said:

CN doesn't want it probably can't get out of their contract to show it, its loose enough to do shit like this, and they can make ad revenue on it. Bonus Sega might be done with sonic boom. 

Probably the first thing though. 

20 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I wasn't a fan of the 'Alone Again, Unnaturally' episode. Especially with the way Sonic's friends treated Sonic and Tails, and the way Sonic treated Eggman. I would talk about how I think this episode would have worked, but I don't want anyone on the fanbase to kill me.

20 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think his appearance will be much either. This show doesn't really seem about establishing anything, ( also in the camp of I don't know if there is even going to be much sonic boom after this and I think it might peter off into nothing ).

Hopefully its cool. 

Let's see if the 'Biggest Fan' episode can and will live up to its expectations.

1 hour ago, SSF1991 said:

They already have. I've seen plenty of it over at TSSZ.

The people who don't like Boom were never on board in the first place. Even when the show was getting rating highs, they still said that was a failure and that the ratings weren't high enough. They don't like the show. And no matter how many people like the show, no matter how successful the show was/is, they won't be happy. Because, again, they don't like the show. And that's the only thing that matters to them.

The Sonic fandom in a nutshell.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SSF1991 said:

The people who don't like Boom were never on board in the first place. Even when the show was getting rating highs, they still said that was a failure and that the ratings weren't high enough. They don't like the show. And no matter how many people like the show, no matter how successful the show was/is, they won't be happy. Because, again, they don't like the show. And that's the only thing that matters to them.

I went over there just now.

I regret going over there.

It's impressive how you hold against all the crap that gets thrown around, it's a circlejerk to end all circlejerks.

2 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

I can back this up. I remember having a debate with one of those people, explaining how 579,000 views, while not ideal, aren't total crap and how Boom has performed better at around 1,500,000 in the past. The guy said that I was only allowed to claim that Boom has had good ratings is if it cracked 5 million viewers and stayed there, otherwise I had better "shut my mouth". 5 million. Unless its sports or some special event like the Oscars, its incredibly rare that a show gets ratings that good once or twice, let alone consistently and with barely any advertising and a crap timeslot.

He also didn't know how TV data collecting worked nor wanted to-- expecting them to reflect child viewers (Nielsen doesn't publish data specific to that demographic, so the public only gets to see that data if the network decides to bring it up), expecting them to reflect individual views (it actually reflects household viewers, which can consist of anywhere from 3 to 5 or more people depending on the size of the household), and that everybody in the whole country of America was surveyed to get the ratings (Yikes! This gives my science-studying self a headache just thinking about the implications of it! Even with tools designed to deal with large quantities of data, that's far too many people to study and verify. Nielsen, like pretty much any scientific company that isn't a cover for a scam, surveys a sample group.) I somehow I doubt he'd hold Sonic X and especially Sonic SatAM (which was screwed by the network like Boom and has languished into obscurity) to the 5 million standard too. And if it was explained to him in a clear and concise enough manner, he'd just whine about how that didn't really matter because Fire and Ice sold poorly so the show is still terrible (how does that even make sense?).

So yeah, going to go with "wanting everybody to hate Boom no matter what and finding whatever reason possible to claim its bad". That or blatantly having an agenda-- here's a fun drinking game, take a shot whenever a Boom hater immediately follows up a claim of dubious accuracy or doom and gloom with claiming that an anime like Sonic X or serious cartoon like SatAM should start production right now as it would be more successful. I hope Donnie can at least put the circle-jerkers outside of their comfort zone long enough for them to start seriously considering what their ideas actually mean-- I can already see some cognitive dissonance in TSSZ comment section.

----

As for Boom the show, I have to say that I am loving Season 2 right now. The animation is still awesome and the show in general has been fleshed out and grown from its initial concept of "Sonic and crew have action-sitcom antics on an island".

Can't wait for this weekend.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Well, this true for alot people that have a strong dislike for something. Personality, I tend to leave the stuff I dislike alone and move on to much better things. But for some people,that can be a bit difficult.

But hey, at the end of day, it doesn't how successful something is or not. They don't like it.  So sometimes it's best to ignore them and continue to enjoy what you like. 

• Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, CottonCandy said:

sometimes it's best to ignore them

Pretty difficult to do that. Because they have to repeat themselves. In every. Single. Boom article.

Well, that and I moderate the comments. And being entitled jerks is against TSSZ's rules.

55 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

I hope Donnie can at least put the circle-jerkers outside of their comfort zone long enough for them to start seriously considering what their ideas actually mean-- I can already see some cognitive dissonance in TSSZ comment section.

If by "putting them outside of their comfort zone", you mean "telling them to quit being an ass", then yes. =P

1 hour ago, Polkadi the Snowman said:

I went over there just now.

I regret going over there.

It's impressive how you hold against all the crap that gets thrown around, it's a circlejerk to end all circlejerks.

It's not as bad as it was earlier this year, But that's only because I ended up having to ban a few bad eggs when things got too far.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm gonna repeat something I said a while ago on this very subject, because it's more relevant now than ever before.

Boom is inevitably going to end up becoming a sad footnote in Sonic's history, which will, in my view, be a real shame. It could easily have become a very lucrative moneyspinner for the franchise if it hadn't been so atrociously mismanaged.

Kids want toys, videogames, comic books, cartoons. Boom literally provided every single one of those things, as well as a cool and endearing cast of characters. By all accounts, it should have been a roaring success. And yet owing purely to the actions of both SEGA and Cartoon Network it's failed to stick. I guess premature fast food tie-ins and a brief range of themed Slurpees ain't enough to carry a brand (who'da thunk it?)

One does have to wonder exactly why SEGA and CN have been so apathetic towards the show. In CN's case, we've been over it a bunch of times - if it ain't Teen Titans Go, down the garbage chute it goes. But SEGA? Much more baffling.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now that you mention it. This Sonic Boom series reminds me alot of Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures, if anyone of you remember that. It had a cartoon, tie-in games ( and a mobile game), and alot of merchandise but it's fading out of existence. I haven't seeing much of advertisements for it and apparently Namco doesn't think that much of it nowadays. 

I'm afraid Sonic Boom is heading now the same path. 

• Thumbs Up 1