Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I'm kind of mix on the idea of Boom being renewed for another season. Given that we might get another writer staff they could a better job with some aspects like the comedy, using Amy better,  using Egg man less, etc. However, they could also do endorse job than the previous writers. If the previous writers do come back then the show might repeat the same problems as before or they could actually rectify some of the problems with the show, but we should wait to see what Jasmine has to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm kind of mix on the idea of Boom being renewed for another season. Given that we might get another writer staff they could a better job with some aspects like the comedy, using Amy better,  using Egg man less, etc. However, they could also do endorse job than the previous writers. If the previous writers do come back then the show might repeat the same problems as before or they could actually rectify some of the problems with the show, but we should wait to see what Jasmine has to say.

You have a problem with Eggman?

29 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

You have a problem with Eggman?

I don’t think it’s a problem with Eggman, but overuse of him. Sometimes, it gets tiring to see him being the main focus for many episodes in a row. The last set of episodes for season 2 were Eggman centered.

One reason I liked the first half of season 2 better, was because the plots had more variety, and didn’t force Eggman into every plot. It made the episodes more refreshing to not constantly have Eggman stealing the show.

I personally thought a lot of the episodes that centered around him to be the weaker episodes of the series. Not all are bad, but I find Eggman better as a comic relief or villain, but not the main focus.

I notice a lot of episodes that center around Eggman have the weakest writing and plots, such as “No Robots Allowed”, “Aim Low”, “Strike”, “Inn-Sanity”, “Mr Eggman”, and “Chain Letter”.

Instead of seeing so many episodes being about Eggman’s complicated shenanigans of wanting to be loved, while acting like a selfish brat, it would have been nice to see more episodes that gave other characters a chance to shine. I feel Amy, Knuckles, and Sticks could have used a lot more episodes to give them shining moments.

• Thumbs Up 1

@DabigRG Yeah, @SpongicX explained it well. I feel that Eggman episodes were some of the dumber episodes because often they end up proving to be pointless since Eggman often doesn't learn anything or develops. Granted, Mombot seemingly avoided at least one of these problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

@DabigRG Yeah, @SpongicX explained it well. I feel that Eggman episodes were some of the dumber episodes because often they end up proving to be pointless since Eggman often doesn't learn anything or develops. Granted, Mombot seemingly avoided at least one of these problems.

Don't forget Eggman's Brother, the superior episode!

Just now, DabigRG said:

Don't forget Eggman's Brother, the superior episode!

I don't know if that's much of an Eggman-centered episode. It felt like a Team Sonic episode. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Well a lot of the episode gave focus to Sonic learning to respect his friends more.

Yeah, the episode had less Eggman and more  Team Sonic. Because the episode focused on more than just Eggman, it allowed for a lot more to happen. I thought the humor was good, the conflict was interesting, and the friendship of Sonic and his team really stood out in the end.

I liked how Morpho was more than just an Eggman look alike. I loved how he didn’t talk or act like Eggman at all. It’s episodes like these that show that episodes can work when Eggman is used sparingly, instead of forced into every narrative.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

@RedFox99 What do you think of the lyrics I wrote for the beta Sonic Forces theme (inspired by the final boss theme): https://mysteriousgirl92.deviantart.com/art/Alternate-Sonic-Forces-theme-733362448 (you can pretend the lyrics were sung by Crush 40)

Not really relevant to the topic.  Please keep this relegated to the status updates or PM.

• Thumbs Up 4

28 minutes ago, Tara said:

Not really relevant to the topic.  Please keep this relegated to the status updates or PM.

Sorry.

5 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I would like to know if we get a Season 3 or not...

That will probably be part of SXSW’s Sonic Panel.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

That will probably be part of SXSW’s Sonic Panel.

Which is quickly approaching! I forgot we're in March now!

• Thumbs Up 1

So according to @SonicWind, Boomerang is putting reruns of Boom on at 2 pm on weekdays. Honestly, it's nice that it's getting more time slots (granted most kids will probably still be at school). Wonder if this has anything to do with SXSW next week.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So according to @SonicWind, Boomerang is putting reruns of Boom on at 2 pm on weekdays. Honestly, it's nice that it's getting more time slots (granted most kids will probably still be at school). Wonder if this has anything to do with SXSW next week.

Ah, that explains why Boom popped up on my DVR apropos of nowhere. Glad my DVR remembered that I scheduled recordings for Boom lol.

Unfortunately, as you said, its still on Boomerang, which keeps a lot of people from watching it as its a pretty obscure channel. :(

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sad, but very glad that there is demand for Sticks to return, some people at SEGA love her and they left that door open for the future! 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 2

11 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

no season 3 announcement 

Yet no announcement of cancellation, but the series is now in limbo like how Archie was until they announced IDW. I expect a reveal by the end of the year (perhaps the Mania shorts become a full series?)

Like I said before, I won't cry if this is the end. All stories I wanted to see were told (or I'm 80% wouldn't be told anyway) and Sticks aside, there isn't any character/concept from Boom I want to save. Had a good run, now I'm ready to say Goodbye.

I'm not super exited for Mania Adventure, but hey, at least it's something new. Well, """new""".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

No mention of Sonic Boom at the panel makes me think it has been quietly cancelled and there won’t be anymore seasons. I could be wrong of course, there’s always SDCC and other events but this is a fairly important panel focused on Sonic announcements and we got nothing. 

If this really is the end of Sonic Boom, I’m not upset about it. Season 3 would probably end up with exactly the same kind of content as previous seasons anyway; slice of life, comedy focus, minimal character cameos and another two parter finale with Evil!Shadow. >_>

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

I'm sad, but very glad that there is demand for Sticks to return, some people at SEGA love her and they left that door open for the future! 

Part of that may have to do with the fact that she was apparently designed by Sonic Team anyway, which explains why she like an actual Sonic character next to practically anyone else in Boom.

But yes, I definitely wanted to see Sticks immigrate more than most other characters. 

4 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Yet no announcement of cancellation, but the series is now in limbo like how Archie was until they announced IDW. 

Kinda like the Pac-Man cartoon, now that I think about it.

4 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

(perhaps the Mania shorts become a full series?)

The what now?

• Nice Smile 1

46 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Part of that may have to do with the fact that she was apparently designed by Sonic Team anyway, which explains why she like an actual Sonic character next to practically anyone else in Boom.

But yes, I definitely wanted to see Sticks immigrate more than most other characters. 

Kinda like the Pac-Man cartoon, now that I think about it.

The what now?

1. EXACTLY. Allegedly, Mighty and Ray are the same way. Wonder if Tangle’s one, too?

2. Agreed. 

3. Yes.

4. Sonic Mania Adventures.

42 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

1. EXACTLY. Allegedly, Mighty and Ray are the same way. Wonder if Tangle’s one, too?

Given the way they've talked about her, I doubt it.

3. Yes

Not sure how I/to feel about that at this point.

4. Sonic Mania Adventures.

Yeah, I just found the page earlier.