Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Seeing the Babylon Rogues, Cream and Cheese, Chaos, or other characters appear would be awesome

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

How would you personally categorize/rank the characters design-wise?

Great: Perci, main 5, Eggman and crew, Shadow+Metal, Staci, Zooey, Other Perci clones

Decent: Morpho, Burn-Bot, D-Fekt, Lyric, Badniks

Alright: Lady Goat, Reindeer Girl, Rabbit Girl, Nominatus, The Mega/Obliterator Bot, Mighton, Bolts, Cliff, Belinda, Kyle, Q-N-C, Destruction Troops

Somewhat Passable: Diane Aardvark, Hokey and Pokey, Old Tucker, Retro & Beta, Bea, T.W. Barker

As Boring As Gray Cardboard: Everyone else. 

Puke: Lady Walrus, Fastidious Beaver, Stunt Bears, Mark the Tapir, Froglodites, Professor Cluckins, Wolfie, Pepper People, Sheep Villager, Warthog villager, Walrus Male, Ms. Tomatopotamus

Hellfire: Og and other Froglodites, Comedy Chimp, Gill, Professor Kingsford, 

13 hours ago, DabigRG said:

How would you personally categorize/rank the characters design-wise?

Gonna go ahead a little some general categories: SEGASonic, SEGAKnockoffs, Intentional Imperfects, Acceptable Oddballs, and Not Even Trying.

There's also some characters that don't really fit into one of those, but I don't know if there needs to be another category.

• Chuckle 1

I think if Sonic Boom is going to continue, it should be given the Sonic X (4Kids, USA) treatment, not animation wise. Story, characters, tone would have to over-arch throughout the seasons, while the seasons get divided up into chapters or Sagas. Sonic Boom could still have 52 11-minute episodes and multi-part episodes, but also include characters that will develop over the course of the new seasons like Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Vector, Espio, Rouge, etc. Also new powerful villains, like Lyric or bring over some Modern Sonic villains like Chaos or Infinite (with Boom's equivalent to the Phantom Ruby), Metal Sonic could appear more often but with each time he appears, a new upgraded (kind of like in Heroes with Metal Overlord) and powerful form.

Now the reason I think Sega hasn't announced season 3 is because there won't be a season 3. Instead, rather announce a sequel series to Sonic Boom at E3 2018 (on a better channel, back to CN's 7:30am slot or free on YouTube like Sonic Mania Adventures) as a way of reviving Boom. Or completely overlook and cancel Boom altogether and announce a new CG Modern Sonic series to tie-in with the movie.

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I think if Sonic Boom is going to continue, it should be given the Sonic X (4Kids, USA) treatment, not animation wise. Story, characters, tone would have to over-arch throughout the seasons, while the seasons get divided up into chapters or Sagas. Sonic Boom could still have 52 11-minute episodes and multi-part episodes, but also include characters that will develop over the course of the new seasons like Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Vector, Espio, Rouge, etc. Also new powerful villains, like Lyric or bring over some Modern Sonic villains like Chaos or Infinite (with Boom's equivalent to the Phantom Ruby), Metal Sonic could appear more often but with each time he appears, a new upgraded (kind of like in Heroes with Metal Overlord) and powerful form.

Now the reason I think Sega hasn't announced season 3 is because there won't be a season 3. Instead, rather announce a sequel series to Sonic Boom at E3 2018 (on a better channel, back to CN's 7:30am slot or free on YouTube like Sonic Mania Adventures) as a way of reviving Boom. Or completely overlook and cancel Boom altogether and announce a new CG Modern Sonic series to tie-in with the movie.

I also think Mighty no 9 could have been a good game. All it needed to do is have different programmers, writers, animators and maybe change setting to Clowns in Space while we're at it.

What you're asking for is for Boom to completely change its identity, to fit your whim. I share that whim, but I'm a realist. Both 1987 and 2003 Ninja Turtles cartoons tried it in their last seasons, with laughable effects.

What are you talking about? I'm hoping a season 3 of Sonic Boom comes out sometime. Remember when the people of SEGA had to cancel season 3 of the Sonic SATAM series? We don't want that happening with Sonic Boom as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/29/2018 at 12:15 PM, DabigRG said:

Gonna go ahead a little some general categories: SEGASonic, SEGAKnockoffs, Intentional Imperfects, Acceptable Oddballs, and Not Even Trying.

There's also some characters that don't really fit into one of those, but I don't know if there needs to be another category.

Since I've suddenly found myself with a little time, I think I'll expand on this list:

SEGASonic: Tails, Amy, Sticks, Orbot, Cubot, Metal, Wild Cat, Stratford, Child Monkey, Gunther, Diane, Dixon, Marmoset, Belinda, Reindeer Girl, Vector

SEGAKnockoffs: Sonic, Shadow, Cliff, Fastidious, Staci(& Perci), Hayward, Barker, Soar?, Zooey, Beth

Intentional Imperfects: Fred, Dave, Old Monkey, Gogobas, Justin, Willy, Vandersnout, Rabbit Girl,

Acceptable Oddballs: Eggman, Ginger, Tucker, Lady Walrus, Chumley, Old Monkey, Leroy, Stunt Bear, Shifty?, Froglodytes, Claggerhorn, Nominatus, Og, Tommy, Charlie?, Beta, Retro, Steve, Mighton, Bolts,

Not Even Trying: Lyric, Fink, Salty, Hokey, Pokey, Comedy, Gil, Beaverton, Cluckins, Sidekick, Mike, Male Walrus, Male Fennec, Slate, DB, Muckfoot, Mark, Kingsford, McMeh, Red,

6 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

So Sonic Boom was on the Jimmy Kimmel show as part of the Unnecessary Censorship.

...Why?

And what episode?

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...Why?

And what episode?

They used a clip from Sonic Boom Season 1 Episode 1 - the Sidekick. It wasn't in a rude way though it was for a joke.

Well, it's more recognition, so I'll take it. Pretty sure a lot of people watch that show.

14 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Well, it's more recognition, so I'll take it. Pretty sure a lot of people watch that show.

Yeah, according to SEGA, the show's ratings suddenly spiked in the second half of the unusually long Season 2.

1 hour ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

They used a clip from Sonic Boom Season 1 Episode 1 - the Sidekick. It wasn't in a rude way though it was for a joke.

Does anyone have the clip?

I just remember something: Wasn't the cave Eggman went to talk to Shadow in the same one Sonic found that Armor Suit?

11 hours ago, Knuxsam said:

Did I am the only one found there is an new updated episode on DirectTV?

Maybe Wrong...

image.thumb.png.3d48d665314902ad17b921ddab5f7333.png

None of those are new episodes, they already aired.

On 4/6/2018 at 4:21 PM, SonicWind said:

This tweet from Alan Denton also works if you just want to see the one clip:

"Okay, just checking." :blink:

On 2018/4/15 at 5:00 PM, SpongicX said:

None of those are new episodes, they already aired.

I know that.

But one thing I am not sure you know it, the 1080p HD resource [spazz] is still not completed?

10 hours ago, Knuxsam said:

I know that.

But one thing I am not sure you know it, the 1080p HD resource [spazz] is still not completed?

Or you could just legally watch the show in HD on Hulu.

13 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Or you could just legally watch the show in HD on Hulu.

Well, technically, I am not only watching, but also translates the show in another language subtitle and pack it together ......

Might feel a little bit weird, but consider some foreign countries are still blocked Google ......

I noticed Sonic Boom is back on Sling TV on demand. There’s only three season 2 episodes available at the moment.