Jump to content
Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I just got done discussing this with the Sly Cooper community and now I'm back at it here. Technicolor Animation Productions wouldn't have even bothered placing Sonic Boom onto their new Twitter and YouTube profile/banners if it was done for. Same goes for Sly they wouldn't have put Sly and The Murray on there if we weren't getting something soon and the fact that both Sonic and Sly are here tells me we might see something at E3, well maybe for the Sonic Boom part, as for Sly there's this confusion that's been going around for the past day or so on development or pre-production, which I won't get into.

Plus we have Sonic Boom just now appearing on Dutch Nickelodeon, so it's still coming to new places. So Sonic Boom isn't out of the race yet.

Now the fact that the writing team for the first 2 seasons of Boom have already left means 1 of 2 things.

1. Sonic Boom is officially done

or

2. Sonic Boom is getting a season 3, but with a new writing team potentially for a new over-arcing plot possibly and more new characters.

So yeah this is the 2nd time Freiberger said that Sega knows the future of the show, perhaps we'll find out in a few days during E3 2018, where Sonic Boom TV got a trailer back in 2014.

 

Or maybe we get a movie to wrap things up. Or maybe they’re just really proud of Boom and keep it up as a tribute to their work. Or they’re just unaware that the plug has been pulled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Or maybe we get a movie to wrap things up. Or maybe they’re just really proud of Boom and keep it up as a tribute to their work. 

Well I was going to mention a movie, but I thought if it didn't get another season then why would they bother anyway.

I actually discussed this on here about a month or so back, saying that a film with more action, story focused TV movie where Eggman is the main threat with Infinite by his side, even include another new character like Blaze or Silver appear with Team Sonic, Shadow, Vector and Metal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, all good things have to end.

As a Sonic fan, I'm sad when anything Sonic-related dies and Boom was of good quality. But in the end I won't cry too much.

104 episodes is a pretty good length, even it those are 10 minutes. This show did everything it could, or at least it wanted to do by now. If they wanted more Sega characters/musicial episode/ super grand finale fight with Lyric/ etc they would do it by now.

Sticks is the only characters I will miss and compering that to Archie death(s) I would say it's a not that bad, especially since she has the highest chances of getting 'adopted'.

Besides, I kinda glad Boom sub-franchise is going away. Last thing this fandom needs is another faction. Looking forward to next cartoon, even if it will take another 6 or 8 years to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Well, all good things have to end.

As a Sonic fan, I'm sad when anything Sonic-related dies and Boom was of good quality. But in the end I won't cry too much.

104 episodes is a pretty good length, even it those are 10 minutes. This show did everything it could, or at least it wanted to do by now. If they wanted more Sega characters/musicial episode/ super grand finale fight with Lyric/ etc they would do it by now.

Sticks is the only characters I will miss and compering that to Archie death(s) I would say it's a not that bad, especially since she has the highest chances of getting 'adopted'.

Besides, I kinda glad Boom sub-franchise is going away. Last thing this fandom needs is another faction. Looking forward to next cartoon, even if it will take another 6 or 8 years to get it.

I'd like the next cartoon to be toei classic Sonic style, or CGI adventure style with all the chatacters and locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but could the reason CN didn't promote Boom at all during it's 2nd season be that SEGA had to pay for ad space on CN/Boomerang?

If so, their cheapness really damaged the show...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.mipcom.com/about/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8cWizbX_2wIVl7rACh3L4w3cEAAYASAAEgLRBfD_BwE

Alright guys I just found this.

Now there's nothing particularly interesting about this, except the fact that Mipcom is running through October 15th -18th in Cannes, France.

Now some of you might've noticed that Sonic Boom related announcements, especially season announcements, happen in October at Mipcom. See below article from 2015.

http://www.mediakwest.com/communaute/evenements-salons/item/une-2e-saison-des-aventures-palpitantes-de-sonic-boom-est-en-cours-de-production-tandis-que-la-1e-saison-part-a-l-assaut-de-l-international.html

So if Sonic Boom season 3 is coming it will definitely get announced at Mipcom in October, as Season 2 was.

And I don't think Technicolor would've changed their profile banners over to this if we weren't getting anymore Sonic Boom.

DeoYixEUcAAhYGt.jpg

So we'll just have to wait until October (I know it was already hard waiting all this time for confirmation, but just a little longer) to find out the fate of Sonic Boom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice.

But my guess is Sonic Boom was their biggest success.

I mean, aside for Sly Cooper (which didn't came out yet),  do you recognize any of the shows up here?

I checked their Wikipedia and personally I wouldn't be proud of newest Chipmunks cartoon or helping to ruin Xiaolin Showdown. And those shows they did help of bigger studio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

But my guess is Sonic Boom was their biggest success.

Without a doubt Sonic Boom was.

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I mean, aside for Sly Cooper (which didn't came out yet),  do you recognize any of the shows up here?

Outside of Sonic Boom and Sly Cooper, no. Although  I have heard of them, but never watched them.

 

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I checked their Wikipedia and personally I wouldn't be proud of newest Chipmunks cartoon or helping to ruin Xiaolin Showdown. And those shows they did help of bigger studio

I also checked their Wikipedia, but I checked it to see how many shows their currently working on. So I could get an estimate for Sonic Boom's return and Sly's debut. Plus I was never that big of a Chipmunks fan, I was never into too much where characters start singing (which is why I avoid the Battle of the boy bands episode of Sonic Boom mostly because it doesn't fit Sonic, now that moment in Mr. Eggman felt very out of place for the series), maybe Spongebob but that's Not every single episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Would be nice.

But my guess is Sonic Boom was their biggest success.

I mean, aside for Sly Cooper (which didn't came out yet),  do you recognize any of the shows up here?

I checked their Wikipedia and personally I wouldn't be proud of newest Chipmunks cartoon or helping to ruin Xiaolin Showdown. And those shows they did help of bigger studio

At least one of them is based on a French comic, Les Légendaires.

legendaires01couv.jpg

The wolf character looks familiar to me too, from kids books or something. I know I've seen it in stores.

There's also Monkiki/Monchichi (the monkey, based on a toy).

Nothing really obscure for French-speaking people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I did say Mipcom started on October 15th, but MipJunior starts on October 13th and continues unto the 14th. Mipjunior is part of Mipcom so it's still possible Sonic Boom Season 3 and Sly Cooper will be there. Plus Technicolor Animation is a French studio and MipCom/Junior takes place in France so I would say it's very probable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

We might see Sonic Boom Season 3 get confirmed in either SDCC 2018 or Mipjunior 2018 and I hope it happens!

Well we are getting that Sonic panel at SDCC 2018 on the 19th, with surprise announcements. Then of course Mipjunior which I discussed before in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 6:46 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Big news for UK fans, Sonic Boom is back on TV - Pop UK, a freeview channel is showing it, and since they're done the airings of shows that never aired in the UK before, like Dragon Ball Z Kai, that means we could possibly finally see Season 2 hit the UK.

About time I hope, other than that it's great to see it back on UK television.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.