Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

When is Sonic Boom Season 3 getting confirmed? I'm getting sick and tired of waiting this long.

I'm still sticking with the announcement coming at MipJunior in October as it could be possible that their changing the network for Sonic Boom with the way CN treated the show. If that's the case then we could see the new network and season 3 announcement at MipJunior. Same would possibly go for Sly Cooper, well the network announcement anyways.

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

I think it's cancelled.

Hopefully we get a classic-style 2D show because I don't like when there's no new shows.

Eh, I'm more interested in a Modern-styled show to be honest, but a Classic show could be nice given how Mania Adventures turned out. 

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Eh, I'm more interested in a Modern-styled show to be honest, but a Classic show could be nice given how Mania Adventures turned out. 

I'd like modern show too, but with a not-stupid Knuckles.

For classic they could do a yearly animation event on youtube just like this year. No need to tie it with a game (because it's not canon anyways), just some new stories. Some nice youtube revenues.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Same here.

They could give the dumb role to Big, it would be very well received. And keep Knuckles a badass guardian.

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

They could give the dumb role to Big, it would be very well received. And keep Knuckles a badass guardian.

I don't know. Maybe have Big be clumsy, but I don't think he should be dumb.

Seeing as the first season is on Netflix, I'd love it if the second one (and third, if it ever comes up) appears there too. 

If Sonic Boomdoesn't get a 3rd season I'd rather have a new CG Modern Sonic show over a Classic Sonic show. Mania Adventures was good but I'd rather see more Modern Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

If Sonic Boomdoesn't get a 3rd season I'd rather have a new CG Modern Sonic show over a Classic Sonic show. Mania Adventures was good but I'd rather see more Modern Sonic.

I wish, with Adventure-style stories.

• Thumbs Up 3

If we're talking about what we would want from a new Sonic TV show, I'd guess I'd want something that takes elements from SATAM, Sonic X and Sonic Boom. I think in my mind, I would want a show which has season arcs. Like for example, in season 1, the main characters have to hunt down the 7 Chaos Emeralds, and so the season episodes have them trying to find them, which leads to schenanigans as they go on a journey across the planet to find them, with a mix of arc episodes and basic standalone episodes, with a two part finale.

I'd have a central cast of say Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy, with the rest of the Sonic characters being introduced for the first time in the show's continuity. (It did confuse me slightly in Sonic Boom season 1 how apparently Sonic and co have already met Metal Sonic and Shadow in their first episodes, which just seemed like a missed opportunity to me. Unless the tie-in games handle that aspect.) I'd want to avoid the Sonic X problem of having superflous characters not doing anything, so I'd make it clear that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are the main characters, and have all other Sonic characters be established as either supporting or recurring types.

I'd want a good mix of episodes. Episodes dedicated to a season arc, basic standalone episodes, episodes which adapt game stories, episodes that when introducing existing characters use their backstories and introductory games in a smart manner etc. I'd also want some original characters, as well as some recurring villians so that it isn't always Eggman to help spice things up a bit.

In terms of tone, I think the recent IDW comics have really set a good tone. Basically, have there been threat, tension, actual stakes, but not too dark, not too melodramatic. I guess to me the best game in my mind tone wise would be the first Sonic Adventure, basically don't be as childish as Sonic Heroes or Lost World, not as bleak as Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic '06. Have fun, have the occasional comedic episode, Sonic is meant to be a fun character at heart so use that to your advantage.

Don't really care if it is 2D or 3D animation, as long as proper money is put it into it, don't do it cheap with bad flash animation that alot of current cartoons suffer from.

• Thumbs Up 2

TBH, I would like to see a humorous+serious Sonic show that use some of the current good trend in cartoon (like Ducktales 2017 that reuse intelligently element for different lore and have great adventures and mystery), with Sonic's identity. And having them not being afraid to change some element from the mythology to suit their stories (while knowing it well), and have an overall plot and some smaller plot. And some kind of reboot that would get to the basis and slowly re-incorporate different element from the mythos (it would be great to get newcomers in the franchise).

( And even if I don't think it would happen : I would love an entirely reimagined/rebooted Sonic SatAM like it was done with Ducktales xD )

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like a Sonic show to focus being a more akin to Hunter x Hunter, each character has their own narrative and plot if they tie to Sonic. Sonic, Tails, Amy have their thing and share  the same plot, Knuckles shares with the Chaotix in a plot with Angel Island, Shadow and his plot(I want him to be the main leader of team dark and explore more mature foundations of the sonic universe with his own adventures for example) shares with all the modern characters maybe outside of cream, big and the bablyonian rouges since he's the most popular of the main modern characters and has the most heavy plot based world building of the modern Sonic cast. Some of the group plots interact with one another like Sonic coming into Shadow's story or Knuckles entering Sonic's for involving his sub plot with Sonic's story.

8 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

If we even get another season.

I'm about to start Season 2. Really fun series. It could get several seasons, but let's hope it gets a third season. That seems to be the longest Sonic series to date. I mean, 104 episodes.

1 hour ago, Sonic Warrior said:

I'm about to start Season 2. Really fun series. It could get several seasons, but let's hope it gets a third season. That seems to be the longest Sonic series to date. I mean, 104 episodes. 

But each episode is only eleven minutes long, compared to all the other Sonic shows that had twenty two minute episodes. If you paired every episode up, you'd have 52 twenty two minute long episodes. In comparison, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog got 65 episodes, as well as a Christmas special and unaired pilot, and Sonic X had 78 episodes.

• Fist Bump 1

12 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

But each episode is only eleven minutes long, compared to all the other Sonic shows that had twenty two minute episodes. If you paired every episode up, you'd have 52 twenty two minute long episodes. In comparison, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog got 65 episodes, as well as a Christmas special and unaired pilot, and Sonic X had 78 episodes.

Didn't even realize AoStH had more episodes.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Didn't even realize AoStH had more episodes.

What surprised me was when I looked at the Wikipedia article, apparently the series ran in one run during 1993, but the Christmas special aired 3 years later, and features Sally and other stuff from Satam in it. If you include that Christmas special, that means Adventures has had the longest run of any Sonic show over time, from September 6th 1993 to November 24th 1996. Boom has ran for just days over 3 years, from November 8th 2014 to November 18th 2017.

The Christmas special fascinates me further because apparently it was to tie-in to Sonic X-treme, but when that game was cancelled, it was then changed for Sonic 3D Blast. The Wikipedia article has this blurb on it:

"Robotnik disguises himself as Santa Claus in order to force him into retirement and con the children out of presents during Christmas. During a visit to Robotropolis, Sonic and Tails rescue the real Santa Claus, who presents Sonic with a speed run test due to a ring Sally Acorn gave him as a gift serving as a key.

Oddly, this special includes aspects of the Saturday morning Sonic TV show, such as Robotropolis and SWATbots (neither of which appear as they did in that series) and Sally Acorn (who appears in her regular design but with her pilot episode color palette). Said series had aired concurrently with the original run of "Adventures", but in a different time slot, and had stopped producing new episodes by the time "Christmas Blast" premiered. Despite this, the special maintains the humorous tone of "Adventures" rather than the darker one of the Saturday morning series.

Trivia: The letters page of issue #41 of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book promotes the special as "An X-Tremely Sonic Christmas" as this episode was originally going to be a tie in for Sonic X-treme on Sega Saturn. However, the game was cancelled, and the title was changed to tie in with Sonic 3D Blast instead."

Just a bit fascinating I suppose, especially since rather like the Archie comic in its early days, it seems to sound almost like a Christmas special for both Adventures and Satam, 3 years after Adventures ended and 2 years after Satam ended.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, season 2 is so much better than season 1!!

It seems they improved a lot of things. The tone, the design. I'm enjoying it. My kids also have liked it, so far. 

I really hope it gets a final season to wrap up everything. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Season 2 had a greater focus on story compared to Season 1. Season 3 would have been neat.

Hopefully there'll be news on Mipjunior. I think that's the last hope to get a third season.

If not, I'm still happy with Sonic Boom series that we already have. XD

Considering that another Sonic animated series was already possibly leaked, the big events for the show to be announced have passed, the fact that it's now been a massive gap between Season 2 and 3 compared to 1 and 2, and the fact Mania Adventures was so well-received, it's pretty clear that Boom isn't going to get a third season. That sucks, I really enjoyed what I got to see of Boom, but between the fact they aren't even bothering releasing the second season in pretty big countries like the UK, and the fact all the huge chances have gone (Considering that Season 2 was announced on a big Sonic-themed stream), it makes no sense why it would've been left this long for something as random as Mipjunior. I honestly think at this point that it's just becoming false hope that a Season 3 will ever happen.

On 9/26/2018 at 6:05 PM, Sonic Warrior said:

Some news about another series

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2018/09/new-sonic-animated-series-confirmed/

However, it seems that Aaron Webber denied that rumour. So, I'm not giving up Sonic Boom, hehe. I'l amost finishing season 2, by the way.

He didn’t outright deny it, he said they have nothing official to announce right now. Which in PR terms basically means “Ah pants, we’re not ready to announce this yet, and we’re not going to be pressured into rushing any announcement because someone accidentally leaked something” :)