Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

On 9/27/2018 at 5:50 PM, caitash said:

He didn’t outright deny it, he said they have nothing official to announce right now. Which in PR terms basically means “Ah pants, we’re not ready to announce this yet, and we’re not going to be pressured into rushing any announcement because someone accidentally leaked something” :) 

I guess we'll only know on Mipjunior. I still think we'll get a season 3 ( perhaps shorter than the previous ones ). If not, it was a great run.

Fingers crossed!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/30/2018 at 6:56 AM, I Love Sticks said:

Yeah, it still had a great run IMO.

So @Sonic Warrior, what are your favorite episodes from season 1 and season 2 (so far)?

That's a great question. It's hard to answer, considering that I've liked/loved most of the episodes.

I can tell you that I love Robots fron the Sky ( season 2 ). 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I just rewatched the episode "Victory" from season 2, and boy, the show is as good as I remember it. It's truly... weird, and wacky, so self-aware and meta, I absolutely loved it! This reminds me that I miss it a lot... :( 

We should organize an official rewatch someday, where we post our opinions on each episode after we've seen it, that'd be cool.

I really doubt we are getting another season, because clearly SEGA is no longer interested in this sub-brand, and I could see why but, the cartoon was really precious, not just because I love Sticks, but as a product, in my opinion, it's really funny and well made (even with low budget and reused models, it still had great CGI), to be honest I never expected it to be sooo good, this funny and entertaining, plus it made a lot of our fan fictions come true, because that's basically what each episode is... a fan fiction, I would have never expected it from an official Sonic product but it's a welcome surprise!

I wish SEGA could see the feedback and positive reception of the cartoon... but we're most likely getting something new based on Sonic Mania Adventures, and IF that happens, I would really love if it was funny like Boom, with certainly with more adventure and story that this cartoon lacked, I wouldn't want another "full comedy" but more something action oriented, but still funny like I remember Boom ;) 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

Hey guys I've come across some YouTube videos that have animation show reels from the Sonic Boom TV show (Seasons 1 and 2):

The people who uploaded these worked on Sonic Boom as well so this is their work.

Some of these look all too familiar.

9 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

Hey guys I've come across some YouTube videos that have animation show reels from the Sonic Boom TV show (Seasons 1 and 2):

The people who uploaded these worked on Sonic Boom as well so this is their work.

Eggman NEGA!

That's not a good sign.

Mipjunior 2018 is getting closer and closer...

Let's see if they confirm anything. I know season 1 and 2 were revealed there.  If nothing happens, then I guess it's bye bye for Boom. I love the series, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sonic Warrior said:

Mipjunior 2018 is getting closer and closer...

Let's see if they confirm anything. I know season 1 and 2 were revealed there.  If nothing happens, then I guess it's bye bye for Boom. I love the series, though.

I completely forgot how close MipJunior 2018 was, only 3-more days remaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I completely forgot how close MipJunior 2018 was, only 3-more days remaining.

Yep, less than 3 days now. For some reason, I believe we'll get a surprise. 

26 minutes ago, Sonic Warrior said:

Yep, less than 3 days now. For some reason, I believe we'll get a surprise. 

Maybe we will, I also think we'll get something regarding the Sly Cooper TV Show at the same time. Since both Sonic Boom and Sly Cooper are both from the same studio.

• Thumbs Up 3

35 minutes ago, Sonic Warrior said:

So, any news on Mipjunior?

I don't know yet. But the first day of the event is already done. So maybe there'll be something during day 2 for both Sonic Boom and Sly Cooper.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I don't know yet. But the first day of the event is already done. So maybe there'll be something during day 2 for both Sonic Boom and Sly Cooper.

So, the clock is ticking. Only 1 day left...

I can't wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope we get anannouncement but I won't bet on it.

I'd love to get a third season but I kinda doubt it'll happen. It's a niche market and it was exiled to Boomerang so not great signs there. I hope I'm wrong but still. 

• Thumbs Up 3

No news about Season 3...I'm slowly accepting the truth, lol.  Sonic Boom had a great run, so I'm satisfied. I'll probably watch the series again soon...

2 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

Honestly I'm not surprised in the slightest about that. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a 3rd season too but like @Ryannumber1Scarer said why would the announcement of a 3rd season for Sonic Boom be saved for something as random as Mipjunior especially considering how SEGA basically never even mentioned the show this year (at most Aaron Webber would address the question of there being a season 3 on the livestreams by saying that he does not have any news about it), not to mention that the original creative team is no longer involved with the show, and apparently a new Sonic animated series is in production.

As sad as it is for me to say this, I think it's time for us to accept that the show is over. It most certainly had a good run, though. The show has gotten 104 episodes, making it the Sonic TV series with the most amount of episodes at this point. I understand that SEGA wants to move on from the Sonic Boom sub-series and the TV show (though I would appreciate if they at least release the show on Blu-Ray/DVD), but in my opinion if the TV show were to air somewhere that's more accessible and have frequent promotion, I'm sure it would do well, but I'm not complaining. I know a lot of Sonic fans are actually happy that the show (let alone the entire Boom sub-series) is over (which is completely fine because it's their opinion), but I am definitely going to miss it, and I wish the staff of the show (Bill Freiberger, Alan Denton, Greg Hahn, Sam Freiberger, and everyone else) the best of luck on their future projects!

Sure, the show is dead, but the brand won’t die until the extinguishing of its merchandise and official memes. We are definitely in another Archie situation. Expect a certificate of death by 2019.

Sega should come and say Sonic Boom is cancelled. They had no problems when they officially cancelled Sonic Satam and Sonic Underground ( both series got cliffhangers and never got a closure ).

Does anybody know what happened to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog? That was the first animated series, but it seems it never took itself seriously. It simply came and went away. It didn't even get a main plot. Every episode was different. It was followed by Sonic Satam in the same year and 3 years later, we got another episode ( Christmas one ). Does anybody know what was the point of that Christmas episode? 

Sonic Boom hardly got a main arc, with every episode getting its own plot and being over in 11 minutes. The only arc I remember from Sonic Boom, was the part with The Robots from the Sky ( 4 episodes ).

• Fist Bump 1

Maybe the show is canceled, because the only viewers it attracted is Sonic Fans and Pimple-face Non Fans that hate the series. to make up for it's Hamfisted writing.

3 hours ago, Sonic Warrior said:

Does anybody know what happened to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog? That was the first animated series, but it seems it never took itself seriously. It simply came and went away. It didn't even get a main plot. Every episode was different.

It's almost like it just wanted to be a cartoon.

There was a Chaos Emerald arc, though.

3 hours ago, Sonic Warrior said:

Does anybody know what was the point of that Christmas episode? 

I hear it was gonna tie into Sonic Xtreme at one point due to it's original name being an Xtremely Sonic Christmas or something, but they ended up renaming it.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Pink_Guy_Zilla said:

Maybe the show is canceled, because the only viewers it attracted is Sonic Fans and Pimple-face Non Fans that hate the series. to make up for it's Hamfisted writing.

You're going to need to add a bit more to a post here beyond pot shots at certain groups (which is never allowed). It's mean spirited and adds nothing to the current discussion.

As for the fate of Boom, well... while there is certainly still hope, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Between Sega apparently going forward with a new animation project for the series (especially with MA's success) and Boom in general not having the highest reputation thanks in multiple parts to CN's managing of it, Boom's overall track record, and some general problems on the show front, there seems to be more than enough there to say it's over. Nothing is concrete yet, I hope they get a proper chance to send it off, but... yeah.

• Thumbs Up 7

7 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

why would the announcement of a 3rd season for Sonic Boom be saved for something as random as Mipjunior

Well probably because that's where Season 2 was announced a few weeks before Season 1 finished.

7 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

(though I would appreciate if they at least release the show on Blu-Ray/DVD)

At least that they could've done here in North America.

Well nothing at MipJunior 2018, I guess it's kind of disappointing. I guess there's still a chance for the show to continue, but those chances are not as high as they were. Like @Strickerx5 said with Sega probably already started on their new animation series and possibly ending Boom altogether.

Which makes no sense why they just don't announce a cancellation like other Sonic shows. It ain't like Sonic X's case where the show finished as opposed to cancellation.

Yeah, Sonic X had closure. Satam and Underground were cancelled.

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog also had some kind of ending before getting a new episode 3 years later ( Christmas one ). Sonic Boom still have stuff to be solved, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

8 hours ago, Sonic Warrior said:

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog also had some kind of ending before getting a new episode 3 years later ( Christmas one ). 

It did?