Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, VirtuaRicky said:

Is there an episode where Tails says something to the effect of "n..n..n..n..nine guys?" Or am I dreaming that? I say this because my son (who is very young) keeps saying he heard it on the show!

I honestly can't remember too much of the show beyond the general synopsises and a fair number of scenes.

Ask @RedFox99 or a Tails fan that actually likes the show.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm rewatching some episodes because of my nephew and the fourth episode of the second season begins with Sonic making a remark about, "Comedy Chimps Swimsuit Catalog...in November." 

...what. 

• 1 month later...

So, I guess we can definitely forget this series now...It's over.

At least there are 104 episodes to be watched and enjoyed everytime. 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Not exactly... The series isn't actually over yet, just look at this tweet from superjake364 on Twitter.

20190930_211419.png

Really now? I was wondering why we didn't hear anything else.

In other news, what's with the gmail reference?

42 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Not exactly... The series isn't actually over yet, just look at this tweet from superjake364 on Twitter.

20190930_211419.png

That really doesn't confirm anything. At all.

It's just some rando asking if anyone wants to make a Season 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know action cartoons aren't really much of a thing on network television anymore unless they come with truck-fulls of comedy or are premiering on Toonami but I'd prefer it if they just got to work on my fantasy, 2D, action-adventure Sonic cartoon complete with 90s map painting backgrounds and quiet moments where fights break out in very pretty looking bars. 

Do not question me just do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I also recall seeing a trickle of remaining merchandise on Twitter. Some more big head plush are being released. But on the other hand, Sega have been so mum about the series that Ian Flynn was denied to use Sticks. 

I almost forgot this topic, lol. It hasn't been updated for a long time.

Season 2 finale aired almost 2 years ago. If a third season gets made, that's gonna be a huge surprise. Even if it's a new team, I would watch it. Let's see what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's worth noting that these product bundles made so late in the game are often to try and move unsold stock. 

13 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I also recall seeing a trickle of remaining merchandise on Twitter. Some more big head plush are being released. But on the other hand, Sega have been so mum about the series that Ian Flynn was denied to use Sticks. 

i dunno why sega deneid Ian Flynn the chance to use Sticks in the idw comics...it just really reeks of  "this series is over so why promote a character who isn't in the games?"

which is a funny mindset to have now considering how few sonic games they put out now

9 minutes ago, Rouge_Witchy said:

i dunno why sega deneid Ian Flynn the chance to use Sticks in the idw comics...it just really reeks of  "this series is over so why promote a character who isn't in the games?"

which is a funny mindset to have now considering how few sonic games they put out now

But superjake364 is telling the truth... Sonic Boom might have a better chance of getting a season 3 now that we have a new writing team.

2 minutes ago, Dr Egg-Gin said:

It's a mindset they've had from the start basically. 

yeah and since they have no games to promote right now....what are they actually promoting? nobody's gonna be buying copies of sonic forces at this point

Speaking of Sonic Forces, I get busy with lots of stuff, so I don't know when I get a copy of the game or the soundtrack on vinyl...

5 minutes ago, Rouge_Witchy said:

yeah and since they have no games to promote right now....what are they actually promoting? nobody's gonna be buying copies of sonic forces at this point

They're promoting the brand in general. Just because there's no specific products right now (save Mario and Sonic Tokyo in November), doesn't mean they would stop wanting to keep the brand relevant. 

Just now, Dr Egg-Gin said:

They're promoting the brand in general. Just because there's no specific products right now (save Mario and Sonic Tokyo in November), doesn't mean they would stop wanting to keep the brand relevant. 

i understand that but their insistence on "let's make new characters that will never be seen again" with each main line game is really stupid

Infinite and sticks will never be seen again because those games are old news now and Sega has no interest in talking about them anymore

But I still say that Twitter user was telling the truth about Sonic Boom and that new writing team. Let's stick to just that.

eh i doubt they were telling the truth....seems odd for a third season to be on the way when we have heard nothing except this random tweet from someone who doesn't even work on the show

• Thumbs Up 1

But it's true. They just found out about a new writing team and it's like they're part of the new writing team. Let's stick to just that. No exceptions.

15 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

But it's true. They just found out about a new writing team and it's like they're part of the new writing team. Let's stick to just that. No exceptions.

But what's your evidence that this source is reliable?

Even if they are right, right now we can't just "stick to that" because it's unclear if this person has any credibility. 

I'd suggest waiting until we get an official announcement before getting your hopes up for a new season.

(And believe me, I'd love one. Sonic Boom has one of my favorite depictions of Eggman, and I'd be thrilled to see more of him.)

• Thumbs Up 2