Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Jabs can be good for comedy, but it's hard for me to see any jabs in Sonic Boom as 'comedy'. To me, Sonic Boom is the kind of show requires you to pay to see the show. In brain cells.

I have made Blogger reviews on the show, but I won't send you too many links to see them. So, I'll send you this link: http://themysteriousgirl920.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/mysteriousgirl-92.html

If you scroll down and look to your right, you will see 'Pages'. If you see any pages starting with 'Sonic Boom', I suggest you click on them.

Note: Some reviews talk about and/or have ideas on how to fix the episodes.

I see a lot of wit in the show to be honest, when you compare it to the only other comedic cartoon with Sonic's name in it; Sonic Boom is probably the best comedy we have in the series by far.

But then again, comedy is subjective so I'll shut up.

Again: Boom brings a good deal of snark and wit to the table, which isn't something the earlier cartoons (which mainly revolved around 90s 'hip' cliches and catchphrases) included. Sure, the more biting satirical angle isn't for everyone, but it is something new and witty; "torturous" and "bad quality" it ain't.

14 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Slow down and read Stardust's post again. He wasn't claiming Boom fans are settling for mediocrity, but rather that Sega was. He wasn't criticizing your tastes or saying you were settling for mediocrity. In fact, he honestly wasn't being insulting in any way, shape, or form. He wasn't "shoving his opinion down people's throats". He was just stating them. If you actually slow down and read what he says, he doesn't say one single negative word about Sonic Boom fans.

I will admit that I did read his comment incorrectly by saying that we settled and instead he said that Sega was settling for mediocrity, but as Donnie said earlier that could easily be interpreted as an insult to us because we like said "mediocrity". He insulted the show and the show staff by saying that they put little effort into their product which is a very bold claim to make. That in term can be an insult to us because, like said earlier, we enjoy that content. He didn't have to say it directly in order for it to be an insult because he did insult both the show and creators. And is saying such a bold claim like that not shouting in our faces because we don't think that the show is terrible and we don't think that the show creators put no effort in their product. We think the exact opposite actually. That's like me saying that Sonic X is a terrible show and the show staff doesn't put any effort in it to Sonic X fans in a forum. That's forcing your opinion onto others and just because I didn't insult the Sonic X fans directly, but I'm still insulting a show that they love and that's going to be very insulting to their fans.

I'm sorry if I did come across as rude in my comment, but if he can be rude and insensitive to a show that I love then you can expect a retaliation of the same caliber. I've experienced more than enough people who have insulted both the show and fans in a destructive way and not the constructive kind and frankly I get very tired of seeing the same exact spiel all over again. Good day.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

I will admit that I did read his comment incorrectly by saying that we settled and instead he said that Sega was settling for mediocrity, but as Donnie said earlier that could easily be interpreted as an insult to us because we like said "mediocrity". He insulted the show and the show staff by saying that they put little effort into their product which is a very bold claim to make. That in term can be an insult to us because, like said earlier, we enjoy that content. He didn't have to say it directly in order for it to be an insult because he did insult both the show and creators. And is saying such a bold claim like that not shouting in our faces because we don't think that the show is terrible and we don't think that the show creators put no effort in their product. We think the exact opposite actually. That's like me saying that Sonic X is a terrible show and the show staff doesn't put any effort in it to Sonic X fans in a forum. That's forcing your opinion onto others and just because I didn't insult the Sonic X fans directly, but I'm still insulting a show that they love and that's going to be very insulting to their fans.

I'm sorry if I did come across as rude in my comment, but if he can be rude and insensitive to a show that I love then you can expect a retaliation of the same caliber. I've experienced more than enough people who have insulted both the show and fans in a destructive way and not the constructive kind and frankly I get very tired of seeing the same exact spiel all over again. Good day.

I'll admit that I can see where you're coming from with regards to the effort thing, or at least that I can see it going either way. But if you feel insulted just because someone called something you like "terrible" and "mediocre", without saying anything specifically against fans of that product, then get ready for a really unnecessarily unpleasant life. Because the fact of the matter is, people thinking something is bad doesn't automatically mean they think people who like that thing is bad. Sensible people can accept the fact that other people can enjoy or see something in something they themselves consider terrible, but that doesn't change their opinion that that thing is terrible, and there's nothing wrong with them expressing that opinion. I dislike Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice so much I might go so far as to call it "terrible", but I also have friends who liked that movie, and I certainly don't think ANYTHING less of them for it AT ALL for that fact. And while I may not like it when people claim "Sonic was never good", and I might not consider it a very fair assessment, that doesn't mean I take it as a personal insult, or assume they must think less of me as a Sonic fan. That's simply not the way life works. Don't get me wrong - obviously, people can have a low opinion of both a thing and its fans. The problem is assuming that they do, when they've never said anything to that effect. Going from thinking that what you like is terrible to thinking that anyone who likes that thing is terrible is a logical leap that I don't think is wise to make, for the sake of your own happiness and for having healthy conversations with people you disagree with.

Now, don't get me wrong - people expressing an extremely low opinion of something you love often does generate an unpleasant feeling. That's perfectly natural and fine. The problem is letting that unpleasant feeling transform into a feeling of being personally insulted, when you haven't been personally insulted. Just because other people who don't like Boom are jerks who think less of people who don't share their entertainment preferences, that doesn't mean it's fair for you to assume that of anyone who strongly dislikes the show.

• Thumbs Up 2

My view of torture in cartoons always gors back to Squidward. And I see none of that in Boom, thankfully. But for mental torture? Again, I have seem nothing of the type in Boom. And if you refer to episodes like "Just a Guy," it fits with the aesop it tells.

And it definitely does not lack quality. Some episodes aren't as good as others, but it's overall pretty alright. And it's more humourous than other Sonic shows, I'd say. Sonic X would be a close second with some of the humour there.

Sonic Boom is a pretty good Sonic show. It just lacks the recognition and care it needs, with SEGA mismanaging it, and CN treating it like shit for no particular reason.

Well, if the whole "Sonic fandom" topic wasn't related to the Boom cartoon yet, then today's episode sure as hell changed that.

My god. XD

• Thumbs Up 6

Man, what an episode.

Spoiler

I mean, they referenced the "blue arms" conundrum and Sonic fanfiction, even mentioning SonAmy by name! That's an automatic win for me. I can already imagine the GIFs that will ensue from this episode.

Is there any doubt anymore? BEST. SEASON. EVER.

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, Soni said:

So how insane is Mark the Tapir, Donnie?

Well let me put it this way (spoilers below)

He referenced the "blue arms" thing. He outright mentions Sonamy, the term itself. He goes on about a fan-fiction and, when choosing one says, "Let's pick something family-friendly". When Mark is defeated, Amy mentions that Sonic "uses too much sports tape", another reference to Boom redesign remarks. Mark the Tapir is literally a representation of that strange part of the Sonic fanbase.

• Thumbs Up 9

I just saw the new episode "The Biggest Fan" and I thought it was hilarious. Spoiler Warning! It had a lot of jabs at the Sonic fandom in general. I laughed at how Amy told Sonic that Sonic's new friend seems to have an unhealthy obsession with him, and Tails responds "Like you would know." That was brilliant. The episode's final acts spoofs off of the Stephen King novel Misery. After Sonic's new fan Mark gets jealous over Sonic's friends, he sets up an accident on Sonic, and Sonic wakes up in Mark's house wrapped up in a cast. Mark is forcing Sonic to read his fan fics.

They even threw in a SonAmy reference. After Sonic tries escaping, he quickly rushes back to the bed he was resting on, and asks Mark to read more fan fics. He then picks up one of them, and says "Ooh! SonAmy! This looks nice" I lost it when that quote came up. After Sonic missed out on meeting up with Tails, Amy, and Knuckles to see a movie, they decide to check with Mark, and see if Sonic is there. Mark sets off a trap that knocks them out, and they wake up in casts as well. The gang decides to try and stop Mark, despite having injuries, however, Sonic soon finds out that they really weren't injured, and were just trapped under too much wrappings. Sonic grabs some sports tape, and ties up Mark. Amy then throws in a reference at the criticism of sports tape in Sonic Boom, by saying "You always overdue it with the sports tape."

So far, this is the first episode of Season 2 to not include Eggman, or even Sticks. They were absent in the episode. I thought this was another great episode. Mark really was presented as a creepy Sonic villain, all the jabs at the Sonic fandom were hilarious, and I loved the reference to Misery. I was really entertained by the sequence where Sonic and friends tried stopping Mark, while trapped in their casts, it was hilarious. 

Just now, SSF1991 said:

Well, if the whole "Sonic fandom" topic wasn't related to the Boom cartoon yet, then today's episode sure as hell changed that.

My god. XD

It was great, lol! 

Just now, SSF1991 said:

Well let me put it this way

Hide contents

He referenced the "blue arms" thing. He outright mentions Sonamy, the term itself. He goes on about a fan-fiction and, when choosing one says, "Let's pick something family-friendly". When Mark is defeated, Amy mentions that Sonic "uses too much sports tape", another reference to Boom redesign remarks. Mark the Tapir is literally a representation of that strange part of the Sonic fanbase.

Spoiler

So Mark is another villain to the Boomverse?

Count me the fuck in!

28 minutes ago, Soni said:

So how insane is Mark the Tapir, Donnie?

He was pretty insane, but in a comical way. He went full Stephen King Misery on not only Sonic, but also Tails, Amy, and Knuckles as well. This episode was practically a family friendly comedy version of Misery, and I thought it was funny. 

OK, OK, this is all real swell, but I gotta know...

Did anyone get to say "oh hi, Mark" in the episode?

If not, I'm disappointed. They'll make South Park and Gilligan cut references but won't touch The Room?

Just now, Mcbasilrocks said:

OK, OK, this is all real swell, but I gotta know...

Did anyone get to say "oh hi, Mark" in the episode?

If not, I'm disappointed. They'll make South Park and Gilligan cut references but won't touch The Room?

You will be disappointed, no "The Room" references in this episode. Just many jabs at the Sonic fandom, and a reference to "Misery". It was still a funny episode though. 

Just now, SpongicX said:

You will be disappointed, No "The Room" references in this episode. Just many jabs at the Sonic fandom, and a reference to "Misery". 

Damn. Wasted opportunity. Would have been perfect.

Okay, I'm glad the Gumball marathon didn't interfered with both Sonic and Pokemon this morning, I would've been very pissed. 

SnapShot61_zps8c300csw.png

If anyone would like to see screenshots of today's episode, from a recording I made earlier, please check out the link below. http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2?sort=2&page=1

Please don't ask for the episode recording, I don't want to get into any legal trouble, and besides, the audio came out horribly corrupt somehow, so the episode sounds horribly loud and distorted... There is something wrong with my Cyberlink Screen Recorder... At least the picture quality isn't so bad, despite not being HD.

3 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I'll admit that I can see where you're coming from with regards to the effort thing, or at least that I can see it going either way. But if you feel insulted just because someone called something you like "terrible" and "mediocre", without saying anything specifically against fans of that product, then get ready for a really unnecessarily unpleasant life. Because the fact of the matter is, people thinking something is bad doesn't automatically mean they think people who like that thing is bad. Sensible people can accept the fact that other people can enjoy or see something in something they themselves consider terrible, but that doesn't change their opinion that that thing is terrible, and there's nothing wrong with them expressing that opinion. I dislike Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice so much I might go so far as to call it "terrible", but I also have friends who liked that movie, and I certainly don't think ANYTHING less of them for it AT ALL for that fact. And while I may not like it when people claim "Sonic was never good", and I might not consider it a very fair assessment, that doesn't mean I take it as a personal insult, or assume they must think less of me as a Sonic fan. That's simply not the way life works. Don't get me wrong - obviously, people can have a low opinion of both a thing and its fans. The problem is assuming that they do, when they've never said anything to that effect. Going from thinking that what you like is terrible to thinking that anyone who likes that thing is terrible is a logical leap that I don't think is wise to make, for the sake of your own happiness and for having healthy conversations with people you disagree with.

Now, don't get me wrong - people expressing an extremely low opinion of something you love often does generate an unpleasant feeling. That's perfectly natural and fine. The problem is letting that unpleasant feeling transform into a feeling of being personally insulted, when you haven't been personally insulted. Just because other people who don't like Boom are jerks who think less of people who don't share their entertainment preferences, that doesn't mean it's fair for you to assume that of anyone who strongly dislikes the show.

But there's a clear difference between disliking something and completely disregarding the efforts of what someone has made. My favorite game is Sonic Heroes, but I hear how people hate that game or some even call it one of the worst in the series, but despite that I don't let there words get to me because they don't insult the entirety of Sonic Team by saying that they put no effort into this game and allowed for this mediocrity to happen. That's completely different than just saying that you don't like the game or in this case TV show. I really do think that's the lowest someone can go and I don't stand for that; that's why I said what I said.

Personally, Shadow the Hedgehog is my least favorite Sonic character, but I don't go to Shadow fans and say that Sega should've never wrote this character. He's a lame excuse of a rival of Sonic and by creating such a character, they have worsen the series as a whole. There's nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, but making such bold claims is.I get into discussions with people I don't agree with all the time, but they have never gone the extra mile of saying claims that are either A.Not True or B. Extremely Opinionated.

But, that's just me. I do agree that I may have taken things too far and shouldn't have made such a big deal about it, and for that I apologize. You seem like a nice person and honestly I just want to go back to talking about a show I enjoy. So, at least for now, I'm done arguing.

Watched the episode. Not linking it because of some forum rules. I'm just telling you guys that it's out there in the nets. :rolleyes: Somewhere....

Man, this weeks episode was pretty entertaining but Mark did make me cringe a little. I love all the jabs to the sonic fandom. Fanfiction, Blue arms, sonamy. It's all great. 

For whatever reason it didn't work for my Computer but it works just fine for my phone. Anyways, from what I've seen, this episode seems to be quite funny.

On 12/8/2016 at 8:41 AM, SSF1991 said:

(Accident quote box) 

What I meant to say is, if that pink shrew is Beth the Shrew that Bill was talking about?

3 hours ago, SpongicX said:

SnapShot61_zps8c300csw.png

If anyone would like to see screenshots of today's episode, from a recording I made earlier, please check out the link below. http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2?sort=2&page=1

Please don't ask for the episode recording, I don't want to get into any legal trouble, and besides, the audio came out horribly corrupt somehow, so the episode sounds horribly loud and distorted... There is something wrong with my Cyberlink Screen Recorder... At least the picture quality isn't so bad, despite not being HD.

Huh.....so it IS a Sonic version of "Misery"

Never thought I'd see the day.

Finally watched the episode. Found it highly amusing that Mark had to sift through about 5 different fanfics before he got to one which was family-friendly. That about sums up the internet.

• Thumbs Up 8