Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

8 minutes ago, Soni said:

Let's not forget the director for the show, Natalys Raut-Sieuzac, wrote this week's episode. Curious to see how she does in the writing front considering she's been leading this show since the beginning.

I believe she already wrote one or two episodes last season.

2 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

I believe she already wrote one or two episodes last season.

So she did, Let's Play Musical Friends (The video game references episode and our first dead villain of the series, RIP Nominatus), Curse of the Cross-Eyed Moose (I recall that episode being one of the weaker episodes of the previous season) and Fire in a Crowded Workshop (Perci's first major appearance)

Wow, I was not aware of that. Here's hoping she nailed it for this episode as well.

16 hours ago, Kiah said:

Can we please refrain from saying things like this? This is not constructive criticism in regards to something you don't agree with. Please don't do this as one is entitled to their opinion whether it is negative, unpopular or not. Either way one should always feel comfortable in expressing their opinion. While you are free to contest something you don't agree with, it should be done in a constructive manner like other members have already done on the matter as opposed to accusing them of overacting and telling them to "chill out" in regards to how they feel or what they think.

If people don't think Sonic Boom is funny or that they don't like what they see for whatever reason they should be able to express that. This goes for everyone. Express your criticism constructively regardless of how incorrect, excessive or even absurd you think one's opinion or reaction is.

There's a borderline between "expressing" and "overreacting". And that's what people are saying. They feel they're overreacting. It has nothing to do with being negative or unpopular or having an opinion. Whether you, or even I, feel they were overreacting is not the point. Others are going to interpret things differently, and regardless of how clear you may be on your points, they will always be up for interpretation.

And to be fair, I can sort of see why people are saying to not look too much into this and to relax. Because that's exactly what the writers are intending with the show. It's not meant to be this complicated plot with massive character development, drama, and action. I'd say Sonic X goes that route more. But it's just meant to be a nice little comedy show to sit back and laugh at. Nothing more. To go on long emotional tirades about how so-and-so character was acting is the exact opposite of what the show's goal is. And to be honest, if the show were to go in such a radical direction, it's going to struggle even more than it already has. Clearly, they don't see eye-to-eye with the writers on what the show is, and that's fine. But I hope they at least understand the stance of the show nevertheless and, who knows, maybe a new Sonic show will come about that they will find more appealing! I do feel, however, that that should be explained better than just a simple "calm down" reply.

Honestly, and I know I keep bringing this point up more than I should but I feel it needs to be repeated once more, but with what I've had to deal with on TSSZ in regards to Boom, the discussions that have ensued in this thread are nothing in comparison. In fact it's been very positive.

• Thumbs Up 6

34 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I wonder if Sonic Boom will create an episode where Lady Walrus loses her riches and is forced to find work, to support herself and her children. That will teach her to call the regular folk 'peasants'.

Or an episode where Amy offers to baby sit her children, since she always has trouble looking after them. Amy would then see that her kids are too much of a handful to look after, and not even Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or Sticks are a match for looking after her kids. I think a lot of funny shenanigans could happen in an episode like that. I would laugh if this episode did happen, and there's a part where one of the kids somehow ends up wandering off to Eggman's lair, and Sonic questions how that's even possible. Those kids are always ending up in strange places after all, so to over exaggerate it for the sake of humor could make for a funny chase themed episode of Sonic and friends running around frantically trying to keep the kids safe. 

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

Or an episode where Amy offers to baby sit her children, since she always has trouble looking after them. Amy would then see that her kids are too much of a handful to look after, and not even Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or Sticks are a match for looking after her kids. I think a lot of funny shenanigans could happen in an episode like that. I would laugh if this episode did happen, and there's a part where one of the kids somehow ends up wandering off to Eggman's lair, and Sonic questions how that's even possible. Those kids are always ending up in strange places after all, so to over exaggerate it for the sake of humor could make for a funny chase themed episode of Sonic and friends running around frantically trying to keep the kids safe. 

That could possibly work.

Just now, Soni said:

So she did, Let's Play Musical Friends (The video game references episode and our first dead villain of the series, RIP Nominatus), Curse of the Cross-Eyed Moose (I recall that episode being one of the weaker episodes of the previous season) and Fire in a Crowded Workshop (Perci's first major appearance)

Wow, I was not aware of that. Here's hoping she nailed it for this episode as well.

I loved those two episodes, so I'm sure I'll love this week's. Also, I thought Fire in a Crowded Workshop was actually one of the better episodes? I recall mostly good things being said about that episode. The characters were derailed a bit, but their exaggerated flash backs (especially Knuckles's) , and Sticks's appearances made the episode pretty entertaining and hilarious.

Just now, SpongicX said:

I loved those two episodes, so I'm sure I'll love this week's. Also, I thought Fire in a Crowded Workshop was actually one of the better episodes? I recall mostly good things being said about that episode. The characters were derailed a bit, but their exaggerated flash backs (especially Knuckles's) , and Sticks's appearances made the episode pretty entertaining and hilarious.

I wasn't saying Fire in a Crowded Workshop was the weaker episode, in fact it was indeed one of the stronger episodes of the season. I was talking about Curse of the Cross-Eyed Moose and recalling not everyone thought it was great but I don't think it was as bad as Buster or No Robots Allowed.

10 hours ago, Soni said:

I wasn't saying Fire in a Crowded Workshop was the weaker episode, in fact it was indeed one of the stronger episodes of the season. I was talking about Curse of the Cross-Eyed Moose and recalling not everyone thought it was great but I don't think it was as bad as Buster or No Robots Allowed.

I loved Curse of the Cross-Eyed Moose as well. I loved Sticks's over the top paranoia, how the gang gets dragged along on Sticks's wild goose chase to break a non existent curse, I thought the Daxter sounding monkey, and what he did to break the "curse" after all the gang went through was pretty funny. The gang's reaction to feeling ripped off was hilarious, and when they think it's all over, Sticks freaks out over another conspiracy, which Knuckles quickly takes care of, before Sticks's paranoia gets out of hand again. I thought it was a fun little episode. The episode's title was misleading for sure, and may have given audiences the impression that the episode would be about the gang either being chased by a moose throughout the episode, or even them having to chase down a moose, but the moose was just a small bit to help introduce the episode's plot, along with giving Eggman an excuse to show up. 

I even liked the episode Buster. It wasn't a great episode, but I wouldn't call it one of the worst episodes. I thought it was funny. Maybe it's because I was a 90's kid who grew up with Nickelodeon, so seeing the green slime didn't gross me out. I just loved how oblivious Sticks was to how disgusting Buster was to the rest of the gang. I loved the montage where everyone is getting fed up with Buster, I liked the intervention scene, I liked it when Sticks tried having Buster recall all the good times "they never really had." The plot wasn't anything special, but I thought the humor was silly enough to be considered entertaining.

I agree with No Robots Allowed being one of the worst episodes. It started off so great, but went far downhill once the nonsense plot kicked in with robots suddenly being illegal to own. It especially made no sense, since there was previously an episode where the Mayor hosted a robot battle royale, and it's like they're saying Tails is a criminal for having robots and inventions in his house. There were so many better ways they could have written this episode out, and it should have been it's own episode, instead of shoving it into a plot that starts off centering around Sonic and the gang toughing out a heat wave. They could have written a better excuse for why Eggman had to be investigated. Instead of making up a law that "robots are illegal to have in your home", they could have wrote it out to be an episode where Eggman is being investigated, due to a number of complaints of his robots causing too much damage. After Eggman's robots caused so much destruction, the town declares a ban on all robots. Tails and Eggman aren't happy with this news, and decide to temporarily team up, and show the world why robots shouldn't be banned. 

In my opinion, the worst episodes of the series were Sole Power, Chez Amy, Bro Down Showdown, No Robots Allowed, It Wasn't Me, It Aas the One Armed Hedgehog, and Cabin Fever. If anyone liked these episodes, that's fine, everyone has different reasons for liking or disliking things. 

I just want to quickly step in, because I feel some people aren't completely getting the point of what Kiah was saying, and interpreting her post as saying more than it really is, and I think this needs to be cleared up a bit. It's perfectly fine to think that someone has very unfitting expectations for a show and aren't interpreting what happens in the show in a way that makes sense considering its genre, tone, and goals, but this opinion needs to be properly articulated and expressed in a way that actually attempts to address the opposing view, without being dismissive. It's not okay to essentially tell someone "you should stop expressing your opinion", which is what the posts that aren't doing anything but telling her to "lighten up" and "relax" are basically doing.

Most people have actually been doing a fine job of responding to MysteriousGirl 92. Many people have been bringing up valid points about the show's goals, or whether or not having certain expectations of the show makes sense, or otherwise actually presenting arguments disagreeing with MysteriousGirl's opinions. This is all well and good. The only real issue is posts which, for all intents and purposes, are attempting to shut down MysteriousGirl from expressing her opinion, and are not actually presenting opinions or anything. If you need examples of which kinds of posts are problematic, I recommend you read Kiah's post again.

In the end, the core issue isn't about disagreeing with opinions. Disagreeing with opinions is perfectly fine. Dismissing an opinion in a way that's basically telling the holder to "shut up" is not okay at all. If you think an opinion is silly or misguided, either respond to it properly or ignore it.

• Thumbs Up 8

41 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

In my opinion, the worst episodes of the series were Sole Power, Chez Amy, Bro Down Showdown, No Robots Allowed, and Cabin Fever. If anyone liked these episodes, that's fine, everyone has different reasons for liking or disliking things. 

Brodown Showdown was mainly about getting a couch for Amy, since Sonic and Knuckles messed it up with melted nacho cheese. One of the things that caught my attention was when Amy 'selflessly' won a Selfless Award, so I came up with an idea on how that story could work. And it did, in a way, demonstrate the consequences of selfishness.

1 hour ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Most people have actually been doing a fine job of responding to MysteriousGirl 92. Many people have been bringing up valid points about the show's goals, or whether or not having certain expectations of the show makes sense, or otherwise actually presenting arguments disagreeing with MysteriousGirl's opinions. This is all well and good. The only real issue is posts which, for all intents and purposes, are attempting to shut down MysteriousGirl from expressing her opinion, and are not actually presenting opinions or anything. If you need examples of which kinds of posts are problematic, I recommend you read Kiah's post again.

Then I feel this point really needs to be driven home more often, because otherwise it may cause confusion on who is at fault. If only a few people are causing this problem, and not everyone involved with the debate, then I think a PM or something private sent to the ones who are misbehaving may be the better idea than making a thread post that everyone can see, including ones that didn't do anything wrong and had no intention to. And if a thread post must be made, I think being more direct with who is at fault helps. I don't think simply making a few quotes is enough, especially when others have been making the exact same points as those people, just with more detail. A few bad eggs shouldn't ruin what has actually been a good debate between both sides. That's part of the reason why I tend to step back after mods jump in, because anytime they do, I feel like I'm just as to blame as others simply because I was involved with the debate, and it doesn't help when you see posts that put more effort into explaining the problem than directing it to the people who made them. I realize that it may be pointing fingers, but people, including me, can't learn from their mistakes if they aren't sure if they're the ones that made them or not. It just causes a little confusion is all.

Not trying to backseat mod or anything, and I apologize if this is too off-topic, but it's just an idea.

53 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Brodown Showdown was mainly about getting a couch for Amy, since Sonic and Knuckles messed it up with melted nacho cheese. One of the things that caught my attention was when Amy 'selflessly' won a Selfless Award, so I came up with an idea on how that story could work. And it did, in a way, demonstrate the consequences of selfishness.

I honestly don't see how that little detail at the beginning made the episode bad. I mostly hated the episode for how jerkish Knuckles and Sonic were to Amy, and how they got off the hook without any punishment, while poor Amy is left with a big mess in her house. I just felt the ending was way too harsh on Amy, despite not doing anything to deserve that. It is ironic that Amy voted for herself in a Most Selfless Award, but that was just added as an ironic joke, and an excuse to have Amy go away for the episode's plot. Here's the thing though, Amy actually won the award. That implies that others actually voted for Amy, and I doubt her vote alone really made a big difference. Besides, it's not illegal to vote for one's self, even elected officials can vote for them self. So Amy was apparently viewed as selfless in the eyes of whoever voted for her. It can be argued that Amy is the most selfless character in the show in fact. She may have moments of weakness, but she is overall the one character who does things for the sake of caring for others. She's usually the first to ask others "what's wrong?" when they're feeling down, she helps out with many charities, she cares for children, protecting others, making food and refreshments for her friends, decorating for her friends, and a lot more.

Amy may be bossy at times, and may have some self centered actions at times, but honestly, everyone in that show has the exact same flaws. All of them have moments of admiring themselves, bragging about their accomplishments, giving out snarky side comments, being bossy, being moody. A lot of people seem to claim Amy is the only character that has all these traits, but they don't seem to realize how every other character on the show is guilty for the same thing. Too many people get upset over Amy's negative moments, to realize how caring she actually is. I blame the writers for not understanding how Amy is supposed to be like, and for constantly using her as a side character, instead of a main character in episodes. 6 episodes into season 2, and each main character except for Amy has gotten a starring role. Sonic and Tails even co starred in 2 episodes already. There's only confirmation for 1 season 2 episode to star Amy, but it will be another episode where the gang is against Amy, because she decides to look after a Bee Bot, which implies the episode will feature a lot of characters shunning Amy, and making her feel bad. This is why the writers need to finally give Amy a break, and give her a proper starring episode that really glorifies her as a hero, instead of being just a side character, a nag, or a constantly mistreated character.

I will admit that despite not having a starring role yet in season 2, I have been overall happy with Amy in season 2. She seems less naggy and annoyed in this season, and usually seems to give more criticism out of concern for her friends, instead of just trying to sound like she knows everything. I loved how she took charge to save Sonic in The Biggest Fan, and I loved how she constructively informed Sonic and Tails over why their bet is going to end badly. She didn't say that to be mean, or act like she's always right. She actually gave valid reasons as to why this will end badly, and she was right in the end. She didn't demand them to stop their bet, she let them get on with it, but still gave out her warning about how it will not end well. Even when she was walking alone with Sonic, and Sonic told her his lame pun that he told Tails, she was playfully embarrassed by Sonic for saying that, but didn't mock him or make fun of him for saying it. She just went along with it, and gave an embarrassed smile about it. She could have told Sonic that he needs to stop this bet, but instead, she kept rolling with whatever Sonic was doing, and didn't get angry until Tails nearly killed her, and left her trapped.

I really enjoyed the new episode! I thought it was neat to see Tails try to capture Sonic as opposed to Eggman trying to. If I had to complain about something though it's that I felt that there was a missed opportunity. It would of been funny to see Tails go overboard and Eggman had to team up with Sonic (and be his sidekick) to stop Tails, sort of a role reversal with Eggman and Tails with Eggman as the sidekick and Tails as the villain. Regardless it was still a pretty good episode and I look forward to any new episodes Flynn writes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Soni said:

I'd say we already had that role reversal with Eggheads, which was freaking amazing by the way!

Oh yeah! How could I of forgot about that ><? That episode was amazing!

4 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I honestly don't see how that little detail at the beginning made the episode bad.

I never said that Amy's part made the episode bad. I said that it caught my attention, so I came up with an idea. That Amy's part should have been an episode based on Amy's actions and how she faces the consequences. I take it that you haven't clicked on the link. I suggest you do that, just to see what I have come up with. And then you can tell me what you thought of the idea.

I won't bite if you don't like it.

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I never said that Amy's part made the episode bad. I said that it caught my attention, so I came up with an idea. That Amy's part should have been an episode based on Amy's actions and how she faces the consequences. I take it that you haven't clicked on the link. I suggest you do that, just to see what I have come up with. And then you can tell me what you thought of the idea.

I won't bite if you don't like it.

I did click the link, and I honestly didn't think that idea made any sense. That doesn't sound like a believable episode. I doubt the gang would be that easily impressed over Amy getting nominated for such a ridiculous award. Also, how could Amy win an award, if she was the only one who voted for herself? That makes no sense, and it isn't illegal to vote for one's self, unless it's officially made into a rule.

1 hour ago, Soni said:

BREAKING NEWS: Sonic Boom is now on Netflix....

...in Spain.

Welp, better than nothing.

http://www.sonicparadise.net/2016/12/sonic-boom-ya-disponible-en-netflix.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

EDIT: And it's in Italy too, apparently.....

C0HDGCXWIAAQcKm.jpg

Too bad it's exclusive to Hulu in America... I'm still waiting for a blu ray release...

1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

Also, how could Amy win an award, if she was the only one who voted for herself?

Remember what she said in the beginning of Brodown Showdown, she nominated herself for a Most Selfless Award, a few weeks ago, and she won. In my idea, I kind of got the winning part from that Fairly OddParents episode, where Timmy votes for himself as class president. And as for Amy winning, my subconscious came up with a silly idea that in order to win, someone will have to write down the most amount of selfless things you've done, no matter how many people had voted for you. That part is done after you write someone's name down. Silly cartoon logic, if you ask me. Haha.

14 hours ago, Soni said:

So we be hearing Tails sing more later down the line, hope your ears can handle it.

Will Dudeitude return in the future?! I'd love to see an episode where a rival band approaches and challenges Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles in a competition. However, the competition requires 5 members to participate.

Sonic will have no choice but to beg Amy and Sticks to join. They would then have to change their band name to Dudeitude and 2 Girls. Amy fits in quite well, but Sticks will cause some disruption with her piercing singing, odd dance moves, and questionable instrument choices. 

Eggman eventually shows up and shows off his impressive musical skills and dance moves, and offers to join the band, if they let Sticks go. The gang eventually have no choice, but to regrettably  let Sticks go.  

Shortly after, Eggman becomes a control freak, and  starts demanding changes in everything from the name, the dance moves, lyrics, and instruments. Eggman keeps on threatening to leave the band if he doesn't get his way. The gang eventually get fed up, and quit, leaving Eggman alone.

The gang then visit Sticks, apologize, and offers to start another band. Since Sticks had trouble doing what everyone else was doing, the gang decide to restructure their dance moves and music to blend in with Sticks's odd style of dancing and instrumentals. The only catch is that they feel it would be best if Sticks didn't sing.

Later at the competition, Eggman is first to perform, and has a band of Orbot, Cubot, a Crabmeat, and Motobug. They get booed off the stage for their unsynchronized performance. Eventually, Sonic's band perform, and manage to impress everyone with their bizzarre new approach lead by Sticks.

15 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

They would then have to change their band name to Dudeitude and 2 Girls.

Why not change it to Sonic Boom? Or something.

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Why not change it to Sonic Boom? Or something.

Because it wouldn't be funny. Sonic and the guys probably want to keep the name Dudeitude, and aren't open for anything else, but Amy points out how the name won't make much sense if they're no longer a boy band. So they lazily agree to add "and 2 girls" to the band's name, and Amy is fine with it.

4 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Sonic and the guys probably want to keep the name Dudeitude, and aren't open for anything else, but Amy points out how the name won't make much sense if they're no longer a boy band. So they lazily agree to add "and 2 girls" to the band's name, and Amy is fine with it.

Do you believe that this episode will come to be? If so, then I would like to see where this is heading. Maybe it will be just as good as 'Anything You Can Do...'.

5 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Do you believe that this episode will come to be? If so, then I would like to see where this is heading. Maybe it will be just as good as 'Anything You Can Do...'.

This was just a suggestion