Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

So apparently, a Japanese dub of the show has been announced at this year's Sonic Fan Festival:

Don't know why it took this long, but hey, that's one more place Boom is airing.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 hours ago, SonicWind said:

So apparently, a Japanese dub of the show has been announced at this year's Sonic Fan Festival:

Don't know why it took this long, but hey, that's one more place Boom is airing.

Wonder will it retain the Sonic Toon name, or will they just flat out call it Boom.

It'll prolly be called Sonic Toon. Like how the games were called that, and the picture that was just shown now. 

Anyway, about time huh? I was wondering when Japan was going to get it.

Along with that announcement of Sonic Toon dub, it seems like Boom is on Netflix in all regions it seems. People who have Netflix, can ya confirm this?

2 minutes ago, Soni said:

Along with that announcement of Sonic Toon dub, it seems like Boom is on Netflix in all regions it seems. People who have Netflix, can ya confirm this?

Yes it's on Netflix but in certain countries like Canada and Nigeria(no seriously what?). I'm guessing the deal with Hulu didn't work out so well and are looking for a better audience with Netflix and it's only a matter of time it comes over there to the US

http://www.flixnetforme.com/title/22266/sonic-boom-2014/

4 minutes ago, Soni said:

Netflix UK doesn't have it.

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

I already posted a link with all the countries that has it.

I posted before your post showed up for me.

Just great... I got up early to watch last week's new episode of Sonic Boom in HD, and f**king Teen Titans Go is on instead... I instantly shut off my Sling TV app... Really CN? you had to give one measly time slot to that abomination of a show? You couldn't spare even 11 minutes for an HD rerun of a Sonic Boom episode?... Have fun entertaining your easily manipulated target audience... Who knows when the hell they'll bother airing the episodes in HD on CN, because it looks like it's off CN for the next 2 weeks. At least Boomerang will air a new episode today, too bad Boomerang has such bad quality though...

24 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Just great... I got up early to watch last week's new episode of Sonic Boom in HD, and f**king Teen Titans Go is on instead... I instantly shut off my Sling TV app... Really CN? you had to give one measly time slot to that abomination of a show? You couldn't spare even 11 minutes for an HD rerun of a Sonic Boom episode?... Have fun entertaining your easily manipulated target audience... Who knows when the hell they'll bother airing the episodes in HD on CN, because it looks like it's off CN for the next 2 weeks. At least Boomerang will air a new episode today, too bad Boomerang has such bad quality though...

You'd think audiences would actually just get sick of it eventually. Even the absolute most regular, common, average viewer isn't so stupid as to mindlessly lap up the same thing for hours on end without getting bored/wanting some variety. 

I suspect CN is aware of this, as evidenced by Donnie's earlier post about TTG's dwindling ratings, so they're employing an all or nothing method where it's basically: "right, you want to watch our channel? Then you're gonna be watching what we want you to watch, in this case Teen Titans Go, 24/7. Don't like it? Sod off."

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll say it again, CN isn't going to care for the next few weeks because of the holidays. just chill...

On 12/22/2016 at 11:00 PM, SSF1991 said:

Nope.

Season 1 got roughly 200,000-500,000 more on average,

But its averaging above the 500k mark at least, which is still a good amount of viewers. besides these first few episodes haven't been that exciting, once the returning and new guest stars come in we'll probably see a bump.

6 hours ago, goku262002 said:

But its averaging above the 500k mark at least, which is still a good amount of viewers.

No, it's really not. An average of 500k is not what you want to see at all. Especially from a show that, when CN promoted it properly, got two times that amount on average.

besides these first few episodes haven't been that exciting

It doesn't matter how exciting the episodes are. The show isn't being promoted and is on a poor timeslot. That is hurting the show badly. The show's ratings take off only when CN treats it well.

• Thumbs Up 3

Once again, Season 2 has outdone itself! I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Down Here is now my favorite episode from this season. It was even better than I hoped for. This was both a funny, and very action packed episode. The underwater scene definitely delivered better than seeing Knuckles up in space. It spent a good chunk of the episode underwater, and didn't feel too rushed. 

I loved how Sonic was stalling to go underwater, and I love how the gang tried helping Sonic to swim. I loved how they got Soar the Eagle to motivate him to swim, his tactics were hilarious. I also loved the sense of peril in this episode, from the Crab bots attacking, with Amy not being able to swing her hammer underwater, to Knuckles not being able to punch underwater, and Sonic getting trapped under a few rocks, while a Crab Bot snips off Sonic's air tube. I loved how cooperative the gang was in this episode. I liked how Amy contacted Tails about Sonic being in trouble, and I loved how Sticks dove into the ocean without an air suit, to give Amy a replacement for Sonic's air tube. It was neat to see Amy and Knuckles save Sonic, and use Eggman's new shark bots against Eggman. Bravo, this episode was definitely one of the most suspenseful and action packed episodes. It felt like a good mix of the action from Sonic X, but the humor of Sonic Boom, and it worked incredibly well.

This episode also  has some funny moments, especially from Knuckles. I laughed when he was paragliding earlier in the episode, and said "This must be what birds feel like, (starts flapping his arms) Look at me!I'm a penguin!" Then a seagull eventually bumps into him, and he says "Hey! Get out of the way, penguin!" I also loved how Amy was playfully questioning Sonic when she sensed he was stalling  about going underwater.

I also loved how Amy found out Sonic never took those swimming classes he promised to take, and Sonic says how it's because he would've been stuck swimming with 5 year olds, and how vicious  they are when they sense weakness. Knuckles then responds "That's why you beat up the biggest one in the yard." Amy then responds "Knuckles,  that's prison" Knuckles then responds "Only if you let iit." I just lost it at that bit. I also loved it when Sonic screams when a fish bumped into him, along with when Eggman screamed, when his machine blew up on him.

I highly recommend this episode, it is fantastic!

• Thumbs Up 1

So, "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here" was, yet again, enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the "musical montage" bit and Soar's attempts to get Sonic over his fear of water. Also, this was the first episode to show off Eggman's new bots, so that's a plus.

How does this show keep getting better this season?!

Just now, SonicWind said:

So, "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here" was, yet again, enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the "musical montage" bit and Soar's attempts to get Sonic over his fear of water. Also, this was the first episode to show off Eggman's new bots, so that's a plus.

How does this show keep getting better this season?!

technically, Eggman introduced a new robot in last week's episode, with Vacuum bot, but yes, the shark bots were awesome. 

Ehhhh, not really feeling this episode. Jokes aren't hitting like the previous episodes. The action was alright though. Also it turns out, the writer behind this episode had written my least favourite episodes in season 1. So I guess it's expected to me. :V

I like how there was a possible video game reference thrown into this new episode. I noticed how when Eggman is pressuring Sonic about being underwater, he mentions something like "No oxygen down here, not even a bubble!" It's possible that Eggman was making a joke about the air bubbles from the water levels in Sonic games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If they didn't add the drowning music from the Sonic games in today's episode, then that's a missed opportunity there.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the biggest laugh I got was the play on the whole "You conquered your fear" thing. "Conquered my fear are you nuts? All my fears have been amplified!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Another really good episode, if I say so myself!

I just lost it during the montage, where Orbot and Cubot just rocked out those 90s rockstar wigs. It was also nice to see Soar getting some time in the episode as well and of course, the entire sequence underwater was pretty fun too! Really liked the design of the Shark Bots, I guess eventually we'll see the new Bots in the piece of concept art from Fire & Ice.

Though I just found it amazingly jarring that just before Sticks went underwater to give Amy the hose, in that one shot; Sticks is missing her blue eyes and nose.

C0iWVlbW8AApcIR.jpg

How did Technicolor Animations missed this?!

• Thumbs Up 6

18 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

No, it's really not. An average of 500k is not what you want to see at all. Especially from a show that, when CN promoted it properly, got two times that amount on average.

It doesn't matter how exciting the episodes are. The show isn't being promoted and is on a poor timeslot. That is hurting the show badly. The show's ratings take off only when CN treats it well.

'k, fine, shows doomed I got it. lets ride it out until the eventual swan song then.

On 12/24/2016 at 10:01 AM, Soni said:

"Exciting"?

What does that mean? Boom is not an action cartoon.

Exciting was the only thing that came to mind at the time, basically everything just feels samey still like an extension of Season 1. I thought since Shadow and Metal were introduced we'd start seeing them more (Metal Sonic esp. since he got a bad introduction). maybe once some new characters that are rumored to show up start coming in it'll feel alittle different. at least the Week to Week Eggman Beatdowns have been cut back.

Just now, goku262002 said:

Exciting was the only thing that came to mind at the time, basically everything just feels samey still like an extension of Season 1. I thought since Shadow and Metal were introduced we'd start seeing them more (Metal Sonic esp. since he got a bad introduction). maybe once some new characters that are rumored to show up start coming in it'll feel alittle different. at least the Week to Week Eggman Beatdowns have been cut back.

I mean, if it's just a more refined version of Season 1; I don't really see that as a bad thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And even then, the episodes so far have more action sequences than most episodes of Season 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Soni said:

I mean, if it's just a more refined version of Season 1; I don't really see that as a bad thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And even then, the episodes so far have more action sequences than most episodes of Season 1.

Yeah you do have a point there, their is allot less of the stand around talking sequences. hmm guess I don't really know how to word this then, but Metal Sonic does need another episode for sure Shadow can wait but I don't want him outright ignored (esp. if Donnie is right and were pretty much not looking forward to a Season 3).