Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

That's not the point. The resolution at the ending was all basically for nothing and I don't like those kinds of things. Feels like a darn waste of time.

Ugh, hard to put this in words. It just felt... disjointed and once again, I'm going with the plot here, there was no point in the plot, at least I knew what was going to happen from the very beginning making it so I didn't really feel like watching it to begin with. And the only real funny parts to me had nothing to do with the point of the episode as it was. I don't like the way it was structured and it didn't really keep me into watching it.

At least there were no lighting errors in this like the last.

30 minutes ago, Haalyle said:

Everyone's different @Soni. You have your opinion, we have ours. It's fine if you can't see where we're coming from though. But Strike! is the weakest episode so far for me. Didn't feel like there was any point in it whatsoever.

I agree, Orbot and Cubot went on strike due to being disrespected, yet when Amy gave them the perfect opportunity to be treated better, they scrap it. It made their whole strike a waste of an episode, and it wasted Amy's appearance in the episode. She went out of her way to help robots out of pity, yet gets ignored in the end. It's such a shame too, I loved Amy in this episode, but the ending was very uncalled for.

Amy deserved better than that. Why is Amy constantly getting bad endings in episodes? It's very annoying, especially when everyone else has had many episodes that make them triumphant in the end, yet Amy really hasn't gotten an episode like that yet, and there are no signs of her getting one anytime soon. I'm also doubting the episode Give Bees a Chance will treat Amy respectfully either...

• Thumbs Up 2

Amy is 100% the butt monkey in Sonic Boom, always getting poked fun at and having her ideas laughed aside.

And I'm not sure how to feel about that. It's never done spitefully, always in the context of a bit of cruel humour (which I'm totally on side with) and yet at the same time it makes me wonder whether she's really valued as a key member of the team, both by the characters and the writers. She's often presented as an argumentative nag, too, which doesn't help.

I watched strike last night. 

Thought it was great.

I think some of the complaints here are a tad daft. Like 'They could have been treated better but threw it away' urm yeah, because then you'd be complaining about them not being in character next episode? Eggman being out of character because he was too mean? He's treated them just as badly in Season 1 just as badly if not worse, anyone remember when Eggman got upset because he had no friends and they said "What about us?" and he said "YOU DON'T COUNT!"

Also Eggman being too mean... in AOSTH he threatened to blow up a mountain so it would flood a village and strongly hints that he wants the villages to drown, and this was the Eggman who we consider to be the most silly.

Stop me if I'm wrong here, but other than maybe a small reference to a previous episode, has there ever been a Boom episode in which actions/events impact in some meaningful or even small way in a later one? Other than one character saying "Oh yeah that happened".

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Mayor D said:

Stop me if I'm wrong here, but other than maybe a small reference to a previous episode, has there ever been a Boom episode in which actions/events impact in some meaningful or even small way in a later one? Other than one character saying "Oh yeah that happened".

I don't think that's happened yet, if I remember correctly. The "referencing events in previous episodes" thing is the closest we've gotten.

this was a funny episode! i laughed a lot :D  i just kinda wish that Metal Sonic would had joined to the robots protest there XD hehe

• Thumbs Up 3

A lack of Metal Sonk is probably the biggest flaw this episode had. It could be a small appearance and it would be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really wish they'd use Metal Sonic and Shadow more. There's just so much that you can do with them, but it's seeming like they're leaving them off to one episode again. In Season one I could understand, but since this is Season 2 and we've been introduced to the characters, it's a bummer that we don't get to see them more often.

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

I really wish they'd use Metal Sonic and Shadow more. There's just so much that you can do with them, but it's seeming like they're leaving them off to one episode again. In Season one I could understand, but since this is Season 2 and we've been introduced to the characters, it's a bummer that we don't get to see them more often.

Have some patience. We have 42 episodes to go, and we don't know what's gonna happen next. There's plenty left in store and lots of opportunities for them to show up.

2 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Have some patience. We have 42 episodes to go, and we don't know what's gonna happen next. There's plenty left in store.

Yeah I guess I did jump the gun there, huh. My bad. I just really want to see more of the characters is all and not in just one episode.

We have our plot for "The Evil Dr. Orbot", thanks-- as always-- to Bill:

We also have a peek at the titlecard of next week's episode, "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?" It's the latest episode penned by Boom's director:

Looks like Knuckles is trying to find a roommate. I guess living in nature was too much for him...

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Looks like Knuckles is trying to find a roommate. I guess living in nature was too much for him...

Or maybe Knuckles gets fooled into being a door to door salesman. 

"Eggman fails to pass his test to get his license for evil". Are - you - stinking - KIDDING ME? EGGMAN IS AN EVIL GENIUS! He has an IQ of 300! Why in the world would he need to pass this test to prove that he is evil? Groan. >_<

Sure Eggman would make a few mistakes, but he would recover from this and excel in a heartbeat. It would make MORE sense if the Lightning Bolt Society were to fail to pass the test to get their licenses for evil. For crying out loud, 'genius' is in Eggman's occupation. I wouldn't be surprised if people start ripping this apart, considering how stupid the show is. In fact, this show is so stupid you'd swear you'll get ulcers or an brain aneurysm from watching it.

9 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

"Eggman fails to pass his test to get his license for evil". Are - you - stinking - KIDDING ME? EGGMAN IS AN EVIL GENIUS! He has an IQ of 300! Why in the world would he need to pass this test to prove that he is evil? Groan. >_<

Sure Eggman would make a few mistakes, but he would recover from this and excel in a heartbeat. It would make MORE sense if the Lightning Bolt Society were to fail to pass the test to get their licenses for evil. For crying out loud, 'genius' is in Eggman's occupation. I wouldn't be surprised if people start ripping this apart, considering how stupid the show is. In fact, this show is so stupid you'd swear you'll get ulcers or an brain aneurysm from watching it.

...You know it's supposed to be funny, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

He's a self proclaimed evil genius...

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, aneurysms aren't caused by """stupidity""". They're caused by weak veins and blood vessels exploding in your brain, and they kill you. It's kind of disrespectful to talk about the show, it's creators, and victims of catastrophic injuries like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

It's kind of disrespectful to talk about the show, it's creators, and victims of catastrophic injuries like this.

I meant no disrespect to the victims that suffer these types of injuries.

1 hour ago, Shaddy the guy said:

...You know it's supposed to be funny, right?

Yes, I know but it's just unbearable. Eggman would have had to have his IQ divided by 10 for the show to be funny. Oh, wait. It did, in Just a Guy and Eggman Unplugged. Oh, and in Strike.

Sorry, I just can't deal with this show.

16 hours ago, SonicWind said:

We have our plot for "The Evil Dr. Orbot", thanks-- as always-- to Bill:

We also have a peek at the titlecard of next week's episode, "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?" It's the latest episode penned by Boom's director:

Either we could see Orbot coming up with plans that could actually work (could be one of those challenging situation episodes like I can Sea) or it could partly be like Next Top Villain where Orbot's plans don't go as expected and Team Sonic has to sort it out.

I was thinking the Knuck Knuck episode was gonna focus on Knuckles getting a house for himself but we'll wait next week for the synopsis.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Fusion said:

Either we could see Orbot coming up with plans that could actually work (could be one of those challenging situation episodes like I can Sea) or it could partly be like Next Top Villain where Orbot's plans don't go as expected and Team Sonic has to sort it out.

I was thinking the Knuck Knuck episode was gonna focus on Knuckles getting a house for himself but we'll wait next week for the synopsis.

I have a feeling it will ironically end up with Orbot becoming mad with power, and ends up being a better villain than Eggman. This show loves to pull off the unexpected with cliche plot lines, and to see Orbot go from the rather shy and polite henchman, to gaining an iron fist could play out hilariously. It would also be funny to see Sonic and his friends be outmatched for Orbot. I have a feeling that Cubot might be the real hero of the episode. Maybe while Orbot is too distracted from his evil dictation, Cubot will somehow talk some sense into him, or sneak up from behind and shut him off. Eggman would then reprogram Orbot to forget everything that happened. 

http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/156141306428/a-new-doctor-is-in-town-and-his-name-is-dr 

Preview images for tomorrow night's new episode. I really like the image with Sonic and Amy on a picnic. We also get to see Eggman's rhino beetle badniks in this one. Strange, will Sticks be absent in this episode as well? Sticks always seems to be in and out throughout this series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is that it's only the Sonic Tumblr where they promote the Boom episodes and not the Facebook or Twitter pages as well? I really don't get that.

"The Evil Dr. Orbot" was an enjoyable episode, though again, I can't think of a good joke off the top of my head apart from T.W. Barker scamming Eggman out of his money because the latter wanted pencils. Also, it was amusing seeing Eggy constantly get zapped by Tails' weather machine. Not to mention a call-back to "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Nice to see the show's continuity at work (despite its rarity).

Plus, Orbot got a chance to shine for once and be a bit more assertive. Good stuff. Now both of Eggman's minions have a standout episode.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Evil Doctor Orbot started off a bit slow, but it got better as soon as Orbot turned evil. The episode's plot was overall weak, but the last half made up for it in my opinion. The beginning had such lazy writing, where after the criminals caused too much crime, the Mayor declares criminals must have a license, in order to commit crimes. (Seriously, that is the dumbest thing the mayor has done, and it's also stupid to see the villains give in to this demand.) Eggman fails, and isn't allowed to take the test again until 3 months later, so he decides to be a puppet master for Orbot. He wants Orbot to take the test and pass, while Eggman takes credit for Orbots evil deeds. Orbot downloads a bunch of data to learn how to be evil, and it corrupts him. I found evil Orbot entertaining. It was fun to see him dominate Eggman at Evil. It was funny to see Cubot suck up to Orbot, until Orbot starts mistreating him. 

The beginning actually makes a callback to Fuzzy Puppies, because Eggman was attacking the Fuzzy Puppies warehouse. Amy questions "Why are you doing this, I thought you loved Fuzzy Puppies?!" Eggman responds how he does, he wants to destroy them all, so his collection will be valuable, while others can't have them. In case some of you were wondering about the scene with Sonic and Amy on a picnic, it wasn't a dream sequence. Sonic and Amy actually were on a picnic together, it happened while Eggman was trying to coach Orbot in villainy. He previously had Orbot steal a weather device from Tails, and Orbot decided to use it on Sonic and Amy's picnic, Sonic quickly wraps up the food with the picnic blanket, and him and Amy run off for shelter. There's a running gag throughout the episode, where the weather device electrecutes Eggman, complete with a cartoony x-ray skeleton effect. 

One of the funniest moments in the episode was during the climax, when Orbot hijacks Eggman's tank, and is about to attack town hall. When Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles intervene, Orbot asks them "Don't you have a baby to save?" Sonic declines, only to hear Lady Walrus shout from offscreen "My baby!" Sonic snaps, "Yeah yeah, we'll get to you in a minute lady!" That part was brilliant. The music that played during the battle at the end was really neat, it was a parody of the Mission Impossible theme, I believe. There was also a parody of the Jeopardy answering theme during the part where Eggman was taking his evil license exam.

The episode ended closely to the way I predicted it. Cubot saves the day, and simply shuts Orbot down. Cubot gets fed up with Orbot's behavior, and he presses his fingers onto Orbot's eyes, causing him to reset back to his normal self. Sadly, Sticks was once again absent in this episode. This was the 3rd episode of season 2 to not have Sticks in it, while being the second episode in a row since last week to exclude her. 

So overall, it started out slow, but got better when Orbot went evil. I'd say this episode was better than last week's episode. Last week's episode's only real funny part was the whole sequence of Eggman's robots going on strike with Orbot and Cubot, but that was really it. While this episode's opening plot point was weak, the rest of the episode had some funny scenes, along with some decent scenes including the other villains. I also love how Eggman got his karma in this episode, unlike last week's episode, where he got off way too easy for his mistreatment towards his robots. 

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2/The Evil Doctor Orbot?sort=2&page=1 

Screenshots from today's episode. 

Today's episode had some of the best facial expressions from Orbot and Cubot. 
SnapShot545_5_zpsdg9wdxct.png

SnapShot548_5_zpsbzixllpw.png

SnapShot552_4_zps3zxgzsli.png 

• Thumbs Up 1