Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Goodness, Spongic, you sound like an advertisement with the PS Vue.

But, wow, a voice actor for the show does better advertisement than a TV network or the franchise handler? That's whole new levels of bad.

Cartoon Network Australia at least advertises Sonic Boom super often, and airs at 7:00am and 4:30pm. Y'know, when the show was still relevant :/

Well, we know who wrote the premiere episode now:

Yep, our favorite duo, who were also responsible for the great season 1 finale (y'know, the one with Shadow in it)! Here's hoping they nailed it.

You can always rely on ol' Denton and Hahn giving solid episodes like everyone's favorite Just a Guy and Battle of the Boy Bands. Here's hoping they gave a strong episode for the Season 2 premiere. 

1 minute ago, Soni.exe said:

everyone's favorite Just a Guy 

Denial is the first step to acceptance Soni. You'll learn that it's shit soon enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Denial is the first step to acceptance Soni. You'll learn that it's shit soon enough.

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 2.08.47 PM.png

Spoiler

it's a good episode, you just need to chill and go to your happy place fam or else you'll be no different from the villagers in the episode.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Soni.exe said:

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 2.08.47 PM.png

Hide contents

it's a good episode, you just need to chill and go to your happy place fam or else you'll be no different from the villagers in the episode.

Sonic's outburst was very reasonable. No one respects the things Sonic does for them.

If you saved the day, and the people you saved scolds you for some other reason, completely ignoring that you saved them, well...

It wasn't a good episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Spookadi said:

Sonic's outburst was very reasonable. No one respects the things Sonic does for them.

If you saved the day, and the people you saved scolds you for some other reason, completely ignoring that you saved them, well...

It wasn't a good episode.

Me thinks you didn't understood what the episode was going for.

It's social commentary on over-sensitivity. The joke was how the villagers got offended over harmless words like "people" and "guy". Granted, some elements didn't work like Amy trying to "fix" Sonic's behavior but I'm guess Hahn/Denton portrayed Amy as the person that tries to solve a problem without really understanding what the actual problem is with comedic exaggeration.

But hey, it's all opinions. You're free to dislike just as I am free to like it.

Another thing, the episode Bea the Beebot will appear in is called "Give Bees a Chance". Bill revealed that on twitter.

EDIT # 455: A sneak peek of tomorrow's episode!

Spoiler

Unless this is a leak....

Synopsis found as well: Sonic lets martial arts action movie star Tommy Thunder follow him around and observe his "hero process" for Tommy's upcoming role. However, things erupt when Tommy's over-the-top ego clashes with Sonic's and he starts to claim credit for the gang's victories.

Sauce: http://kametsu.com/topic/54797-warning-spoilers-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/?page=17

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp, off the bat.

Spoiler

The animation is very smooth, maybe the animation will be more consistent this time around for this season. And I like the idea of Sonic getting more annoyed of Tommy and ego taking over his wins. Looks like it is going to be a good episode to start the season. Can't wait for tomorrow!

I'm glad to see the animation quality's more fluid and just about on par with The Miraculous Lady Bug. The lighting's pretty nice, and Tommy Thunder's design is a lot more appealing than I thought it would be. Hopefully we get more background and one-off characters that look just as good.

Ooo that's some smooth animation right there. I like it. Although the lighting/textures still seem to be off to me. But for a Cgi show on TV it could've been alot worse. 

Can't wait to see this. No way I'm waking up for this though( I need my sleep ). 

Spoiler

I'm loving the improved animation quality. It looks so smooth! The show also looks a lot more vibrant-- Season 1 used a more subdued and limited palette, but Season 2 seems to be making use of more colors and making them brighter. Of course, the real question has yet to be answered-- do all the liquid textures still look like yogurt or weird gel? That was the biggest, most noticeable problem with Season 1's animation so OuiDO had better fix it. I'm hoping the better animation is a sign of the show getting a bigger budget-- I've felt for awhile that Season 1 didn't get a significant chunk of that $20 million dollars Sega spent on launching Boom, and for all its merits the show never did anything to prove me wrong.

Also, is it just me or does Knuckles have more visible pecs in this video?

"Oh come on, it doesn't get any more realistic than the underwater bear fight in Mutant Commando 3!" LOL. Knowing Sticks, she's probably being literal with that too.

"Did you hear that? Tommy says I could be a hero someday!"
"You are a hero, Tails!"
"Thanks! Though it means a lot less coming from you..."

Oh, burn! Poor Sonic! Wonder why Tails felt that way-- a parody of how highly people tend to value celebrities, or maybe Sonic just compliments Tails a lot so it isn't as surprising? 

Either way, I'm pretty excited for tomorrow. Gonna get the episode on DVR tonight.

Also, this was the first thing that came to mind when I saw 1:21. XP

Df0imdp.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Mad Convoy said:
  Hide contents

I'm loving the improved animation quality. It looks so smooth! The show also looks a lot more vibrant-- Season 1 used a more subdued and limited palette, but Season 2 seems to be making use of more colors and making them brighter. Of course, the real question has yet to be answered-- do all the liquid textures still look like yogurt or weird gel? That was the biggest, most noticeable problem with Season 1's animation so OuiDO had better fix it. I'm hoping the better animation is a sign of the show getting a bigger budget-- I've felt for awhile that Season 1 didn't get a significant chunk of that $20 million dollars Sega spent on launching Boom, and for all its merits the show never did anything to prove me wrong.

Also, is it just me or does Knuckles have more visible pecs in this video?

"Oh come on, it doesn't get any more realistic than the underwater bear fight in Mutant Commando 3!" LOL. Knowing Sticks, she's probably being literal with that too.

"Did you hear that? Tommy says I could be a hero someday!"
"You are a hero, Tails!"
"Thanks! Though it means a lot less coming from you..."

Oh, burn! Poor Sonic! Wonder why Tails felt that way-- a parody of how highly people tend to value celebrities, or maybe Sonic just compliments Tails a lot so it isn't as surprising? 

Either way, I'm pretty excited for tomorrow. Gonna get the episode on DVR tonight.

Also, this was the first thing that came to mind when I saw 1:21. XP

Df0imdp.jpg

I can't blame Tails for saying that, since he's treated more like a sidekick, instead of a hero. It was nice to hear Sonic refer to Tails as a hero though. 

Ugh, why does it sound so high-pitched? Or is it just me?

Anyways, animation looks a bit better, but at the same time, it looks really off to me. It's really hard for me to describe. Anyways, episode doesn't look too bad, so I'll make sure to schedule a recording of this soon.

so i'm watching the first few mins of this episode,

i don't mean to spew venom or anything, but jeez.

this show is so cynical, it's not funny. i literally feel bored to tears watching this type of show. it's just....what..

• Thumbs Up 1

I am so gosh darn happy. Most of all... I love the animation! So much more polished and fluid than Season 1! Can't wait for what else is in store!

Wow, that was a really good first episode!

Denton/Hahn nailed it fantastically! It looks like the Boom team really took into the criticism about the lack of action scenes and damn, those were some well made action scenes! And goodness me, the animation is fantastic! It's amazing how well animated it was!

Also that AoStH music in the final fight scene, that was a really good touch as well! Also there was also a lot of music in the episode as well, it was quite a noticeable improvement.

Overall, Boom Season 2 is starting off strong! Can't wait for the next episode!

• Thumbs Up 6

I was kind of let down by the season 2 premiere. The animation was a big improvement, but the episode itself was pretty dull to be honest. Tommy was an annoying jerk, and I hated the ending. I felt Sonic had no good reason to give Tommy false credit.

It also made no sense, since at the beginning, Tommy already admit to the town that he wasn't a real hero, and was just an actor. Yet the writers seemed to have forgotten that. The scene where Tommy confesses to Sonic made no sense, since the beginning already established he's just an actor.

I really disliked the ending, it was anti climatic and unfunny.

This episode just felt poorly executed, it didn't even have a title card. It just didn't feel like an episode worthy of a season premiere.

I still look forward to the rest of season 2, but judging by episode 53, it is off to a slow start. Also, why is it on at 5:00 AM? What an awful timeslot for a show with no advertising...

• Thumbs Up 4

Honestly, I paid no attention to the plot whatsoever. I tried to, but my focus just went to the animation. Just so pretty. I felt a little too much de ja vu with the episode to be honest.

May have been lame there, but the action, the music and animation were definitely top-notch.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Boom was never about the story for me, granted the best episodes had the better plots but they were never that important to me when watching it, it was all about the comedy and the character interactions. Granted when I kinda think about the story; I can see where it would falter but even then, it's not much to make me look down at the episode.

Still had fun watching so I don't care.

• Thumbs Up 8

The show was on so early, my DVR recorded an Adult Swim bumper before the episode started. *sigh*

But I did like the episode for the most part. The animation is so smooth and vibrant, and I loved the action scenes. They were very creative-- I loved how Sonic used a day-old baguette for the fight. I also found it pretty funny that Eggman was willing to hold a baker at gunpoint because he got a regular dozen instead of a baker's dozen-- and apparently all of his social interactions end in him blasting off again (poor guy). I also loved the AoStH theme in the fight-- I was watching the episode and when that song came up I was thinking "No, it can't be... IT IS!?!? YEEESSSSS!!!".

Sticks was also brilliant in this episode-- I laughed at the "People always follow me." and "There was no VIP room!" "I always knew!" exchange. It seems they've refined her portrayal to be less excessive with the conspiracy thing, not to mention that her voice actor toned down her voice, which is good. I love Sticks and its so nice to see that she's going to be portrayed better.

But the ending was kind of contrived. Sonic hadn't developed a bond with Tommy and didn't seem to really care about his feelings, not to mention that it had seemed that Tommy finally learned his lesson and would fess up after the fight. So it didn't make sense for Sonic to cover for Tommy like that. I suppose that's difficult to do in 15 minute timeslot-- you don't get as much time to develop relationships for one-off characters with that format-- but I wish the writers would have at least tried.

• Thumbs Up 2