Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

7 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

Sonic Boom, a TV show co-produced by a French company and animated in France, is being treated better by French TV networks?

what an absolute shocker!

Except the show was clearly written for American audiences, most of season 2 made that pretty clear. Not only did a lot of the jokes refer to complaints from English speaking Sonic fans, but a few scenes really went parallel with stuff going on in the USA, like water scandals, corrupt politics, and racism. Not to mention how Cindy Robinson wrote an episode, I doubt that episode will work as well in French. There may be some jokes that either get lost in translation, or don't sound as funny when translated.

I just wish this show would get treated equally, I'll admit I felt a bit bad knowing North America was airing so many episodes ahead of time, until I realized how slowly and sluggish they have been about it. There is no reason a show should have to take 6 months to air 20 11 minute segments, while elsewhere will surpass it in less than a month! I wish France would just catch up, and then both America and France would roughly air the show at the same pace. I am so sick of both sides feeling left behind, or far in the lead...

The show is made in cooperation with America and France afterall, so why can't both be treated equally? The French Studio needs the American portion for writing and story boards, while the Americans need the French portion for animating.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here are some of the summaries from the upcoming episodes that are going to air in France (I don't speak French so I used a translator; if anyone here is fluent in the language and could translate these properly, be my guest):

"Robots from the Sky" (Part 1): Mighton and Bolts, two city robots from the clouds, think that Sonic and his friends are evil because they destroy Eggman's robots. (Original translation: Mighton et Bolts, 2 robots de la Ville dans les Nuages, pensent que Sonic et ses amis sont méchants car ils détruisent les robots d'Eggman.)

"Robots from the Sky" (Part 2): Robots all over the planet have become evil. Sonic and Tails travel to the "city in the clouds" to get help. (Original translation: Les robots de toute la planète sont devenus mauvais. Sonic et Tails voyagent vers la Ville dans les Nuages pour aller chercher de l'aide.)

"Robots from the Sky" (Part 3): Sonic and Tails discover that the "city in the clouds" is under the control of the evil robots, and it could be Tails' fault... (Original Translation: Sonic et Tails découvrent que la Ville dans les Nuages est sous le contrôle des robots maléfiques, et ce pourrait bien être la faute de Tails...)

"Robots from the Sky" (Part 4): Hypnobot teams up with Eggman to conquer the world... (Original Translation: Hypnobot fait équipe avec Eggman pour conquérir le monde...)

Nominatus is also coming back from the looks of this episode summary:

"Rise of Nominatus"Nominatus, Eggman's old enemy, is back. And thanks to the help of his two acolytes, he tries to take control of the world... (Original translation: Le vieil ennemi de Eggman, Nominatus est de retour. Et grâce à l'aide de ses deux acolytes il va essayer de prendre le contrôle du monde...)

Source: http://www.linternaute.com/television/serie-sonic-boom-p3128096/#1

• Thumbs Up 3

40 minutes ago, sinclair said:

Here are some of the summaries from the upcoming episodes that are going to air in France (I don't speak French so I used a translator; if anyone here is fluent in the language and could translate these properly, be my guest):

"Robots from the Sky" (Part 1): Mighton and Bolts, two city robots from the clouds, think that Sonic and his friends are evil because they destroy Eggman's robots. (Original translation: Mighton et Bolts, 2 robots de la Ville dans les Nuages, pensent que Sonic et ses amis sont méchants car ils détruisent les robots d'Eggman.)

"Robots from the Sky" (Part 2): Robots all over the planet have become evil. Sonic and Tails travel to the "city in the clouds" to get help. (Original translation: Les robots de toute la planète sont devenus mauvais. Sonic et Tails voyagent vers la Ville dans les Nuages pour aller chercher de l'aide.)

"Robots from the Sky" (Part 3): Sonic and Tails discover that the "city in the clouds" is under the control of the evil robots, and it could be Tails' fault... (Original Translation: Sonic et Tails découvrent que la Ville dans les Nuages est sous le contrôle des robots maléfiques, et ce pourrait bien être la faute de Tails...)

"Robots from the Sky" (Part 4): Hypnobot teams up with Eggman to conquer the world... (Original Translation: Hypnobot fait équipe avec Eggman pour conquérir le monde...)

"Rise of Nominatus"Nominatus, Eggman's old enemy, is back. And thanks to the help of his two acolytes, he tries to take control of the world... (Original translation: Le vieil ennemi de Eggman, Nominatus est de retour. Et grâce à l'aide de ses deux acolytes il va essayer de prendre le contrôle du monde...)

Kind of disappointing to hear that those 2nd and 3rd episodes will focus mainly on Sonic and Tails it sounds like. I was hoping it would also include Amy, Knuckles, and Sticks...

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Kind of disappointing to hear that those first 3 episodes will focus mainly on sonic and Tails it sounds like. I was hoping it would also include Amy, Knuckles, and Sticks...

I'm sure the episodes will include them somehow.

What I don't get is that these episodes (the four-parter) seem out-of-place in the show's release schedule. I get the impression that they're more "finale material"...

1 minute ago, sinclair said:

I'm sure the episodes will include them somehow.

What I don't get is that these episodes (the four-parter) seem out-of-place in the show's release schedule. I get the impression they're more finale-material to me...

I'm sad that France will air all 4 in one day, meanwhile, who knows how long it will take for CN to air just one freaking quarter of this 4 part special!... Then again, Boomerang does air a full hour of episodes each weekend, so who knows? We'd be lucky for them to at least air the first half of the 4 part special a week a part.

Didn't Bill Freiberger mention there may be a few multi part episodes? So chances are that this will only be the first example of a multiparter. Maybe the season finale will be an even bigger and better multi parter.

50 minutes ago, sinclair said:

Oooh boy that 4 parter is literally a robotic revolution. The Nominatus one is even more interesting!

Wow, I honestly thought Nominatus died way back at Let's Play Musical Friends. But hey, maybe he just shortfused and only now gathered himself together. Me thinks he's gonna be a lot more tricky and harder to beat, maybe Sonic and crew have to go the digital space themselves to defeat him.

Also for Robots in the Sky? Yep, definitely sounds like the title for when Mighton and Bolts are gonna be introduced and it's gonna be an hour long? Count me in BOI!

Curious to see how the Boom crew handles it.

The plot synopsis for those episodes sounds interesting enough, looking forward.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Fusion Force said:

Oooh boy that 4 parter is literally a robotic revolution. The Nominatus one is even more interesting!

Oh no, I'm not ready to see the heartbreak of Bea turning on Amy, or Friendbot returning to Fiendbot! Who knows, maybe Buster will return, and sticks will be hearttbroken to see him turn against her. There is much that can happen in these 4 episodes, holy cow!

Do you guys think that "the city in the sky" is Angel Island? It's a bit of a stretch, I know, but a small part of me is hopeful.

Well, Angel island has been mentioned one or two times in the show, so it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't call it that.

5 hours ago, LukA8 said:

I've looked that up, and he also says Vector's episode is about them shooting a reality show of sorts...I haven't followed Boom, but now I'm a bit worried. XD

Oh, and if the translation is correct, he says that Eggman is also going on holiday with Mombot and his brother robot on that floating island, not that they're both built in that episode.

Not that any of this is necessarily true. It seems weird to bring just one Chaotix member into Boom, and I thought they wouldn't be the game characters to appear solely because they'd need to animate and get the voice actors of three characters for a 10-minute episode, which would make them seem at least as rushed as Metal Sonic was in his episode.

I've worded it badly about the bots, yeah.

But it's not the first time he mentioned those informations. I posted a statut here a few weeks ago hinting about Vector ;D

There are one or two things he didn't post publicly though.

22 minutes ago, sinclair said:

Do you guys think that "the city in the sky" is Angel Island? It's a bit of a stretch, I know, but a small part of me is hopeful.

I doubt it, Angel Island wasn't really a city afterall. I'm more reminded of the ancient sky city from Rise of Lyric. 

I am surprised to hear that Nominatus will return. Do you know what could work as a good Nominatus related episode? They should make an episode where Mark somehow crosses paths with him. They could reveal that Mark is a cyber hacker, and is constantly trying to hack into the technology of Sonic and his friends, since he's obsessed with them. However, he comes across Nominatus on a shady website, and Nominatus threatens to delete all of Mark's Sonic related fan fictions, images, and videos, unless he does what he says. Mark cooperates, and helps Nominatus rise in power, by using his hacking skills to strengthen and recode Nominatus into a more sinister virus, however, Mark reveals that he now has control over Nominatus, so Nominatus is now stuck as  Mark's digital slave. Mark then tries threatening Sonic and his friends to go back to letting him take care of them, or he'll use Nominatus to wipe out all of their precious technology. Nominatus actually begs Sonic and friends to save him. I think that could possibly work as an episode. It could be funny to see Nominatus go from being such a powerful virus, to suddenly being trapped as a digital servant for a creepy Sonic fan, to the point where he begs them to free him. Imagine how tortured Nominatus would feel being surrounded by all of those cringey fan fics, and fan art, instead of fulfilling his desire to rule all technology. 

Another episode I'd love to see happen, would be one where Amy needs someone to watch after Bea while she's away, and is stuck with having to ask Sticks to watch after her. They could write in a reason for why the guys can't watch over Bea. Maybe the guys went on some kind of skiing trip, but got in an accident, and need Amy to come get them. Amy tries getting onto an airplane to get the guys back home, but the airport tells her they can't accept Bea to come aboard the flight for safety reasons, and Amy has no choice, but to ask Sticks to watch over Bea. Throughout the episode, we'll see Sticks trying to act distant from Bea, but we slowly see Sticks grow a liking to Bea, she could even have memories of raising Buster pop in her head, to help her watch over Bea. The episode could then turn into a chase, where something causes  Bea to get out, and Sticks is trying like crazy to find her, before Amy gets back. I'd love to see more episodes with Bea, and I could definitely see a pet sitting episode be written eventually. If there were to ever be a pet sitting episode, I think Sticks would work best as the main focus. If Tails looked after Bea, there wouldn't be much conflict, and I don't really see any comedy to come from Sonic or Knuckles looking after Bea either. Sticks would be perfect for such an episode, it could be funny to see Sticks trying to look after Bea, while constantly getting paranoid and scared of Bea's every movement, only to see Sticks warm up to Bea in the end. 

4 hours ago, Shiggidy said:

Wow! You got a link for that info? I can't find it. 

There you go, you'll need to translate it though: http://www.soniconline.fr/forum/11818-topic-fin-des-jeux-sonic-boom-page-1#188280

25 minutes ago, Adamis said:

I've worded it badly about the bots, yeah.

But it's not the first time he mentioned those informations. I posted a statut here a few weeks ago hinting about Vector ;D

There are one or two things he didn't post publicly though.

Haha, I've just now realized it is you on that board! I prefer not to believe most rumours because anyone could make them up, but do you personally believe the user is trustworthy? I don't know what he posted behind closed doors, but I think the episode titles for Mombot and Eggy's brother were already on the internet when he made that post from the link above, and given there just was a Buzzbomber episode, it all seems a tiny teeny liittle suspicious most of his rumours are connected to upcoming/recent episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

There you go, you'll need to translate it though: http://www.soniconline.fr/forum/11818-topic-fin-des-jeux-sonic-boom-page-1#188280

Haha, I've just now realized it is you on that board! I prefer not to believe most rumours because anyone could make them up, but do you personally believe the user is trustworthy? I don't know what he posted behind closed doors, but I think the episode titles for Mombot and Eggy's brother were already on the internet when he made that post from the link above, and given there just was a Buzzbomber episode, it all seems a tiny teeny liittle suspicious most of his rumours are connected to upcoming/recent episodes.

Bill Freiberger confirmed on Facebook that the secret is out about the 4 part special, so this info about Sonic Boom on France starting April 8th is pretty much true...  He posted an article of the Wiki information and stated "Well, it looks like the cat's out of the bag. "Robots From The Sky" will be a 4-part #SONICBOOM epic!

2017-03-28_150646.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

14 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I am surprised to hear that Nominatus will return. Do you know what could work as a good Nominatus related episode? They should make an episode where Mark somehow crosses paths with him. They could reveal that Mark is a cyber hacker, and is constantly trying to hack into the technology of Sonic and his friends, since he's obsessed with them. However, he comes across Nominatus on a shady website, and Nominatus threatens to delete all of Mark's Sonic related fan fictions, images, and videos, unless he does what he says. Mark cooperates, and helps Nominatus rise in power, by using his hacking skills to strengthen and recode Nominatus into a more sinister virus, however, Mark reveals that he now has control over Nominatus, so Nominatus is now stuck as  Mark's digital slave. Mark then tries threatening Sonic and his friends to go back to letting him take care of them, or he'll use Nominatus to wipe out all of their precious technology. Nominatus actually begs Sonic and friends to save him. I think that could possibly work as an episode. It could be funny to see Nominatus go from being such a powerful virus, to suddenly being trapped as a digital servant for a creepy Sonic fan, to the point where he begs them to free him. Imagine how tortured Nominatus would feel being surrounded by all of those cringey fan fics, and fan art, instead of fulfilling his desire to rule all technology. 

Another episode I'd love to see happen, would be one where Amy needs someone to watch after Bea while she's away, and is stuck with having to ask Sticks to watch after him. They could write in a reason for why the guys can't watch over Bea. Maybe the guys went on some kind of skiing trip, but got in an accident, and need Amy to come get them. Amy tries getting onto an airplane to get the guys back home, but the airport tells her they can't accept Bea to come aboard the flight for safety reasons, and Amy has no choice, but to ask Sticks to watch over Bea. Throughout the episode, we'll see Sticks trying to act distant from Bea, but we slowly see Sticks grow a liking to Bea, she could even have memories of raising Buster pop in her head, to help her watch over Bea. The episode could then turn into a chase, where something causes  Bea to get out, and Sticks is trying like crazy to find her, before Amy gets back. I'd love to see more episodes with Bea, and I could definitely see a pet sitting episode be written eventually. If there were to ever be a pet sitting episode, I think Sticks would work best as the main focus. If Tails looked after Bea, there wouldn't be much conflict, and I don't really see any comedy to come from Sonic or Knuckles looking after Bea either. Sticks would be perfect for such an episode, it could be funny to see Sticks trying to look after Bea, while constantly getting paranoid and scared of Bea's every movement, only to see Sticks warm up to Bea in the end. 

This makes me think maybe they could do an episode about Buster coming back and making friends with Bea, and becoming another Auxillary Team Sonic member. 

Or maybe that Slumber Party episode could actually be a boot camp set up to find more Team Sonic recruits, to Amy's dismay. 

Just now, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

This makes me think maybe they could do an episode about Buster coming back and making friends with Bea, and becoming another Auxillary Team Sonic member. 

Or maybe that Slumber Party episode could actually be a boot camp set up to find more Team Sonic recruits, to Amy's dismay. 

That 4 part episode where robots start revolting would work as a way to reintroduce Buster. 

12 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Bill Freiberger confirmed on Facebook that the secret is out about the 4 part special, so this info about Sonic Boom on France starting April 8th is pretty much true...  He posted an article of the Wiki information and stated "Well, it looks like the cat's out of the bag. "Robots From The Sky" will be a 4-part #SONICBOOM epic!"

The user on the forum posted about the finale being a multi-part episode, so I think he meant the season finale unless "Robots from the Sky" is regarded a mid-season finale of sorts..and multi-part episodes have been confirmed for a while now, so I don't see that as confirmation yet, really.

27 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

Your wish might come true next Saturday.

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/sonic-boom/tv-listings/715946/

But it's still on at a bad time, and they'll probably be more late reruns of Boomerang's premieres. I think CN and Boomerang could benefit off airing the same premieres on both channels the same day. Get up early to watch it in HD on CN, or get up later to watch it on Boomerang. Although I'd prefer CN just start airing the show at better times, and not fall far behind France again...

22 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

It's better then nothing, at least. It's been almost 4 months since the show has aired on Cartoon Network.

Also, to be honest, I want to truly watch the Sonic Boom TV show again. Watching it on a SD channel that's meant for older shows isn't really the true experience. Sonic Boom is a modern-day show, it should be on a more accessible modern-day HD channel.

If Season 2 of Sonic Boom does well in France, then SEGA might do something about the show getting better treatment in the U.S.

I understand, but if they bring it back to CN unchanged, it's gonna end up losing views once again, and getting taken off once again! It happened before, and it will happen again. What is CN's deal with this show! Just look at that new Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs show! It just aired a few weeks ago, and they are already showing it twice a day at least! Why can't Sonic Boom get treated the same way?!...

1 hour ago, LukA8 said:

I trust him for now, yeah. He's a good user on the forum, and if he really wanted to post fake rumors, I think he'd do better than retread whatever about upcoming episodes and he'd tell stuff like "Super Shadow" or something ;D

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Adamis said:

I trust him for now, yeah. He's a good user on the forum, and if he really wanted to post fake rumors, I think he'd do better than retread whatever about upcoming episodes and he'd tell stuff like "Super Shadow" or something ;D

Just to be safe, let's make sure to try not posting here 4 days from now, we don't want to spread any confusion over what to believe or not, if you know what I'm saying... 
(Check the calender if you don't get what I'm saying.) I swear, that's always the most frustrating news day, I wish April 1st would just fade away from existence. In a world full of "fake news" we don't need a day dedicated to encouraging the spreading of fake stories. 

24 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

Oh yeah I totally forgot about april's fools. But nah that's too elaborate. 

I wasn't suggesting this news about France or the 4 part special was an elaborate April Fools prank, I'm just implying that we should avoid posting anything about it on the day of April 1st. April Fools is such an evil day. It can be fun for parodies, but terrible for those who love looking for news on their favorite things.