Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Tumblr post on MomBot

She has a mustache

Oh and Sticks has a cute sweater, can't wait to buy that figurine!

C8R_zL1W0AIu1jO.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Soni said:

She has a mustache

C8R_zL1W0AIu1jO.jpg

tumblr_onl9dnMe7u1u5cb23o1_1280.png

Ha Sticks is wearing an ugly sweater in this one! I wonder if the others will as well?

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, MUH said:

tumblr_onl9dnMe7u1u5cb23o1_1280.png

Ha Sticks is wearing an ugly sweater in this one! I wonder if the others will as well?

31 minutes ago, Soni said:

She has a mustache

C8R_zL1W0AIu1jO.jpg

Wow, Sticks actually seems comfortable around this robot, she looks relaxed, instead of paranoid. If anything, Eggman will be the one feeling stressed out here, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Wow, Sticks actually seems comfortable around this robot, she looks relaxed, instead of paranoid. If anything, Eggman will be the one feeling stressed out here, lol.

I mean, she is a mom.

A mom robot built by a man with several issues, but a mom nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 2

We got another preview from our boi Bill

And we got the title card for next week's episode, Muckfoot.

Written by 2 new writers on the Boom crew, Kevin Burke (who seems to be very involved with a lot of the current Marvel cartoons) and Chris "Doc" Wyatt (who's also involved in the same projects as Kevin).

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Soni said:

Written by 2 new writers on the Boom crew, Kevin Burke (who seems to be very involved with a lot of the current Marvel cartoons) and Chris "Doc" Wyatt (who's also involved in the same projects as Kevin).

D'awww they're having a science fair!

Also wow so many title cards. Still don't know what Muckfoot is about, but it could mostly be action oriented.

2 hours ago, Soni said:

I can imagine this might be what causes Eggman to start wanting to build a mom. Maybe Eggman got furious and saddened to see no one showed up to see his science exhibit, not even his own mother, which may lead him to want to build a MomBot.

MuckFoot might be interesting, considering how it has some animated Marvel writers on board. May we be getting another episode that pairs Sticks and Tails together again? I'm guessing some mysterious creature named MuckFoot arose, and abducted everyone, and Tails and Sticks are trying to get to the bottom of it. This is just speculation though, so don't take everything I say so seriously, these are just out loud thoughts of what could happen.

You gotta admit, despite missing from the most episodes, Sticks definitely got a lot of starring and co starring roles this season. First we had Sticks and Tails in "Nutwork", then we got Sticks in "In the Midnight Hour", she costarred in 2 episodes in a row, starting with her and Amy in "The Unnamed Episode" and one with her and Dave in "Robot Employees". Now she's going to be in another episode that pairs her with Tails. I like the contrasting duo of Sticks and Tails. It's funny to see how different the two are, but how well they work together. Tails is all for making technology and going against crazy ideas, while Sticks is all for crazy ideas, yet against technology. It's fun to see how these two can get in the way of each other, but it's just as fun to see them embrace each other's differences, when it comes to working together. "Nutwork" was a real good example of how the two can look past their differences to work together. We briefly see Tails taunting Sticks for stooping to the level of having to work with technology, but we still see Tails actually cooperate to help her get the job done. That's what I like about seeing from Tails and Sticks. They can show that they have signs of displeasure in each other's beliefs, but they don't let that get in the way of their friendship.

The same could be said about the entire gang though. We've seen plenty of times throughout the series that no matter how much the gang likes each other, there are still those little traits about each of them that can annoy or upset the others, whether it's Sonic's ego, Amy's lecturing and advice, Knuckles's lack of focus, Sticks's loud rants and theories, or Tails's obsessiveness with showing off his inventions. Some episodes handled the trends wrong in my opinion, but I still like it when the show has a good balance between the characters butting heads, only to end with them getting along. Usually, episodes don't sit well with me if the characters treat each other badly throughout, only to end on a bitter note.

Look at "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worser" for example, that episode kind of had Tails go out of character, he could've killed Sonic, Amy, and Sticks in his desperate attempt to capture Sonic, but at least he snapped out of it on his own, and actually apologized to the others for taking things too far. Even Sonic apologized to Tails for driving him to go that far, with his cocky competitive nature. It didn't get too over dramatic or sissy with the apologies either. Not every episode has to end with the gang hugging or sentimental stuff like that, but I think it's still important for the writers to keep in mind that these characters are friends, and friends don't treat each other like trash, without apologizing for their actions, or showing signs of forgiveness.   If the episode ended with the gang just staying mad at each other, the episode definitely would not have been as funny or charming as it was, I personally thought the episode "Designated Heroes" would have been a lot better if it ended with Sonic thanking his friends for helping him, followed by showing Eggman trapped, and calling for them to help him. I thought it was pretty mean spirited to end it with Sonic treating his friends horribly, and ending it with the gang trapping him with Eggman, and abandoning him. 

Sorry, I'll admit I went off topic a bit, but that's what this thread is for, discussing our thoughts on Sonic Boom. I think Season 2 is doing an incredible job, despite it's lack of promotion here in the states. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I personally thought the episode "Designated Heroes" would have been a lot better if it ended with Sonic thanking his friends for helping him, followed by showing Eggman trapped, and calling for them to help him. I thought it was pretty mean spirited to end it with Sonic treating his friends horribly, and ending it with the gang trapping him with Eggman, and abandoning him.

Well it did show the consequences of his ego and overconfidence 

Spoiler

Something previously shown in unleashed and lost world.

1 hour ago, Dannymax440 said:

Well it did show the consequences of his ego and overconfidence 

Reveal hidden contents

Something previously shown in unleashed and lost world.

It doesn't matter, Sonic may have a big ego, but he's not supposed to be a jerk to his own friends. In past episodes, he's been known to give credit when due, yet even after his friends fought hard to save them, he took all the credit for defeating Eggman. Sonic already could have learned his lesson, after Eggman first trapped him, we didn't need him to continue acting like a jerk. It comes off incredibly wrong to see Sonic treating his friends like nothing. It also nearly ruins all the good moments the characters had in past episodes. Remember how episode 1, where Sonic cared for Tails's safety so badly, that he regrettably fired him, only to accept in the end that Tails is the only friend he can use as a sidekick? Remember how concerned Sonic was for Amy's safety in "Translate This", to the point where UT flat out translated his feelings over almost losing her? Remember how far Sonic went to try and prevent Knuckles from getting himself hurt in "Unlucky Knuckles"? There were many different heartwarming moments in the show, because Sonic would show how much his friends mean to him. Keep in mind that Designated Heroes was one of the last few episodes to air in Season 1. In fact, it was the 2nd to last episode to air in France, while being the 4th to last in America. Maybe if that was an earlier episode, it would be more forgivable, but for being one of the last few episodes, before knowing whether the show would get renewed or not, it was a bit of a downer. It's a shame too, because I kind of liked the episode, it had some funny moments with Eggman outsmarting Sonic's friends, but Sonic was unlikable in this episode. He laughed at his friends' failures, and called them lame, while giving a smug look out of nowhere. Not to mention how early on in the episode, it showed Sonic being a good team player, we see him high fiving and cheering with his friends, yet half way through the episode, we see him suddenly act like a jerk, and mock his own friends. He was such a hypocrite too, and refused to admit that Eggman tricked him as well. There have been plenty of episodes beforehand, where Sonic was a team player, and it made no sense to see him act so smug and obnoxious towards his friends' misfortunes.

Luckily season 2 has been a lot better with Sonic's ego. I'll even say his ego is more fun and hilarious in season 2.  It's still there, but I don't think it was real hurtful towards his friends. He's made sure to give credit when due. Heck, even at the end of "The Unnamed Episode", after he embarrassed himself for letting his ego fool himself into thinking Sticks was naming the town after him, you can actually hear him awing with the crowd, when Sticks clarifies that she was talking about naming the town after Amy. Sonic could have easily been immature about not having the town named in his honor, but he still showed some affection for Sticks's actual pick, along with Amy's response to Sticks's gesture. I don't mind it when Sonic is taking credit for his own doings, like in Spacemaggedonacolypse, but I can't stand it when he tries taking credit from his friends.. Sure, he was trying too hard to sound like a hero, but he wasn't down right rooting for Knuckles to fail the mission or anything. It's not like Sonic went around claiming he did everything Knuckles did, all he did was acknowledge that he helped by taking out the remaining meteor pieces, I mean, he's right there.

Or a better example is in "The Biggest Fan." That was a good episode about Sonic's ego being a weakness, and seeing him learn his lesson because of it. We see him being egotystical early on in the episode, both at the Career Day presentation, and when Mark was stroking Sonic's ego by sucking up to Sonic.. However, after he got captured, along with Tails, Amy, and Knuckles, we actually see Sonic apologize to them for not listening to them. The episode even ends with Sonic swearing to be more careful about having a healthy relationship with his fans, to the point where he got scared of the first kid to ask for his autograph. I liked that portrayal of an egotystical Sonic a lot better.  It displayed Sonic's ego, but it didn't get in the way of Sonic and his friends. Sonic actually apologized to the gang for not listening to their concerns. There is no shame in admitting mistakes, it is more shameful to pile mistakes with shameful lies and excuses. Sonic is supposed to be heroic, and taking credit from the help of others is not heroic, it is shameful. 

• Thumbs Up 2

C8VC-naXsAAt0WJ.jpg

It was captured by one of the russian fans. And for confirmation:

C8UrLc7XkAEK48r.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait next weeks episode is written by the writers of the current TMNT and Marvel cartoons? Neat.

1 hour ago, Zers Editor said:

C8VC-naXsAAt0WJ.jpg

C8UrLc7XkAEK48r.jpg

HOLY SHIZ

OMG NOMINATUS POSSESSED SONIC

Or maybe he got the ability to shape shift. April 15th can't come soon enough!

False alarm.

That pictures weren't real. i checked both. I'm an idiot.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Zers Editor said:

C8VC-naXsAAt0WJ.jpg

C8UrLc7XkAEK48r.jpg

Where did you find this?

I realised too late, that it's fake dammit.

That came when I was questioning whether Russia has Canal J or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, "Mombot" was pretty funny and enjoyable. The ending felt rushed, but that didn't affect my opinion too much.

Also, color me surprised to hear Main!Eggman's theme playing in the movie theater. Nice touch there.

• Thumbs Up 4

Mombot episode was pretty funny and sweet. It felt like it ended to soon though. Like there's not a proper ending to it but it's a decent episode overall. Oh, and eggman's theme song was playing in one of the scenes. Nice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mombot was overall a real funny episode with a lot of fun references, but the ending was so rushed, it just ended out of no where... I had a big smile on my face, during a part where Sonic, Amy, Sticks, and Eggman were at a movie theater, and you could hear Eggman's Sonic 06 theme song playing in the background of the movie they were watching. I could not believe they put that in!

The episode starts out with a science fair, and Eggman enters, but is disqualified, because it was a children's science fair, and he obviously wasn't a child. Beth the Shrew won, and was rewarded with the chance to hang out with the best scientist in town, which happened to be Tails. Eggman is jealous of all the kids getting participation trophies, and getting compliments from their parents. Eggman then decides to build a mother figure robot. We see what Eggman called a "Momtogue" of him spending time with his mom. It was kind of funny to see Eggman acting like a man child mama's boy.

Meanwhile, Tails is impressing Beth with his knowledge, but she eventually grows more fascinated with Knuckles's strength, making Tails jealous. Throughout the episode, you'll see a few instances of Tails and Knuckles trying to keep Beth impressed, with science vs brawn. It was a funny concept, but they really didn't much with that. The episode then cuts to Eggman's mom bot being upset with Eggman constantly attacking Sonic. She demands  Eggman go see a movie with Sonic. After the movie, Mombot invited Sonic, Amy, and Sticks over for dinner. We even get to see Mom bot question if Amy and Sonic are more than friends, and of course, the two look embarrassed. I laughed at how Sticks was kind of teasing about it, but then Mombot questions Sticks's attire, and asks "Do you ever get cold" She then quickly knits a sweater and puts it on Sticks, Sticks looks annoyed, as Sonic and Amy snicker.

Eventually it cuts to Beth getting bored with Knuckles and Tails constantly trying to outdo each other with impressing her. Beth puts on a few headphones, but we see Sticks walk up and take the headphones off, and Sticks warns Beth about how wearing headphones helps government agents spy on people, and Beth suddenly looks at Sticks as an idol now, and Tails and Knuckles watch as Beth and Sticks walk off.

The episode then ends abruptly with Eggman nearly shutting off Mombot, but he chickened out his plan to backstab her, and promised to take her on a cruise instead. The scene happened so fast, it felt incredibly rushed... They could have executed a much better ending... Over all, I liked the episode, it was funny, and had a few fun surprises, and it was cute to see Beth idolize over Tails, Knuckles, and Sticks, but my only complaint was the ending. 

Maybe they should have focused more on Mombot and Eggman instead of tryng to do a sideplot with Tails and Knuckles. There's only so much a 11 minute episode can cover, sideplots should be for 22 minute series only. Anyway, really funny episode. Wasn't as good as the previous three or so but it was still pretty cute. Also, Mombot is a good mom tbh. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Was anyone else surprised to see a bloody chain saw in an episode of Sonic Boom? I'll have to upload an image of that scene later. There's a part where Tails is alerted that Eggman is attacking, and he tells Beth to stay in his workshop where it's safe. The camera then scrolls up to reveal a blood stained chainsaw hanging from a chain on Tail's ceiling, to which he responds, "On Second thought, you better come with me." 

• Thumbs Up 1