Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

On 4/1/2017 at 4:09 AM, SpongicX said:

I thought it was pretty mean spirited to end it with Sonic treating his friends horribly, and ending it with the gang trapping him with Eggman, and abandoning him. 

Sonic also should have apologised for the way he treated his friends.

15 hours ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Disney XD is a bad choice everybody is saying that

When it think XD I think cringe worthy teen live action dramas comedys

19 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

And on the bright side, Cartoon Network has released episodes 18-20 of Sonic Boom Season 2 in HD.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/sonic-boom/episodes/index.html

Additionally, for those of you first-timers concerned about spoilers, be careful-- "Unnamed Episode"'s synopsis gives away the whole plot.

For what reason besides "CN doesn't care about this series", I'm not sure.

It's a shame Cartoon Network can't be as effective with advertising for Sonic Boom, as Adult Swim was with advertising McDonalds and Disney with that Rick and Morty Season 3 premiere, lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Meta77 said:

When it think XD I think cringe worthy teen live action dramas comedys

That's more so regular Disney Channel than XD. XD is more focused on cartoons, at least that's how it was last time I saw something there.

9 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

That's more so regular Disney Channel than XD. XD is more focused on cartoons, at least that's how it was last time I saw something there.

You've been away from XD for a long time then. XD has gone downhill, and is getting more flooded with unfunny sitcoms, infact, that's what killed the former channel, Toon Disney. It wasn't until Disney forced The Sweet Life of Zach and Cody into daily marathons on Toon Disney, where they decided to restructure the whole channel to be a clone of Disney Channel, but with a false sense of being "cooler" and "edgier"...

Disney XD is honestly an embarrassment to the name Disney, along with what's become of Disney Channel. At least Disney managed to finally make a good cartoon that isn't stuck on XD at the moment, and manages to uphold the good name of the traditional tone Disney was known for, and that's the Tangled series. If you liked Tangled, I recommend watching the new TV movie and show, it's not bad, and it actually managed to get the same voice actors and composer.

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

You've been away from XD for a long time then. XD has gone downhill, and is getting more flooded with unfunny sitcoms, infact, that's what killed the former channel, Toon Disney. It wasn't until Disney forced The Sweet Life of Zach and Cody into daily marathons on Toon Disney, where they decided to restructure the whole channel to be a clone of Disney Channel, but with a false sense of being "cooler" and "edgier"... Disney XD is honestly an embarrassment to the name Disney, along with what's become of Disney Channel. At least Disney managed to finally make a good cartoon that isn't stuck in XD at the moment, and manages to uphold the good name of the traditional tone Disney was known for, and that's the Tangled series. If you liked Tangled, I recommend watching the new TV movie and show, it's not bad, and it actually managed to get the same voice actors and composer.

Wow, lol then. I have heard of the new Tangled so I'll check it out later. Personally I grew up with Jetx. None of that sitcom mess. Then Toon Disney came along, then Disney XD happened and there's been no turning back since then. Disney XD did have some good stuff happening though. Gravity Falls and Wonder Over Yonder, both of which sadly ended. But Star vs. the Forces of Evil is still kicking and is a great show that I'd recommend to anyone.

But back to Boom. I still think it would benefit more from going to XD than the other channels. If I had to choose, I'd rather it be on Netflix instead, but since that whole exclusivity deal with Hulu is going on, that seems to be very unlikely.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Wow, lol then. I have heard of the new Tangled so I'll check it out later. Personally I grew up with Jetx. None of that sitcom mess. Then Toon Disney came along, then Disney XD happened and there's been no turning back since then. Disney XD did have some good stuff happening though. Gravity Falls and Wonder Over Yonder, both of which sadly ended. But Star vs. the Forces of Evil is still kicking and is a great show that I'd recommend to anyone.

But back to Boom. I still think it would benefit more from going to XD than the other channels. If I had to choose, I'd rather it be on Netflix instead, but since that whole exclusivity deal with Hulu is going on, that seems to be very unlikely.

Toon Disney came first, while Jetix was the prime time slot provider for the edgier and more action packed Disney shows. Those were the days. I lost all interest in watching XD, ever since I witnessed the horrible transition of Toon to XD.

Gravity Falls is a great show, I've honestly never watched Wander Over Yonder, or Star, but I'm aware of the shows, and know they are popular. I'll admit they look good, I've seen plenty of Youtube reviews and top list videos that have covered facts and opinions of those shows. I mostly missed out on these shows when they first aired, because I never had XD in the past, until I got a Sling TV subscription. I don't watch TV much, I recently have been just tuning into Sonic Boom, Tangled, and Samurai Jack.

10 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Toon Disney came first, while Jetix was the prime time slot provider for the edgier and more action packed Disney shows. Those were the days. I lost all interest in watching XD, ever since I witnessed the horrible transition of Toon to XD.

Gravity Falls is a great show, I've honestly never watched Wander Over Yonder, or Star, but I'm aware of the shows, and know they are popular. I'll admit they look good, I've seen plenty of Youtube reviews and top list videos that have covered facts and opinions of those shows. I mostly missed out on these shows when they first aired, because I never had XD in the past, until I got a Sling TV subscription. I don't watch TV much, I recently have been just tuning into Sonic Boom, Tangled, and Samurai Jack.

Oh, it did? Guess I never noticed. But yeah, Jetix was my literal childhood. Pucca, Ying Yang Yo, W.I.T.C.H, Digimon... All of it. It's a shame modern television has started to take a dump. We were on a renassaince for a while. Cartoon Network starting it off with Adventure Time, and then more and more shows started popping up. But now, the shows that started that period have ended or are coming close, and not many shows seem to be picking up where we left off. Loud House is a good example and if the Infinity Train show gets green lit then that'll be another great show/ Milo Murphy's Law I heard was great as well, that and Star seem to be the only good ones on Disney as of right now. But other than that, there's nothing. I really hope we can put an end to these cheap budget knock-off comedy shows that don't even try anymore.

But I'm once again straying from the topic at hand. I'm hoping for some kind of turning point to happen to Boom because right now, it's in a tough spot, here in the States at least. Netflix or XD are it's best options. Nickleodeon is arguably worse than CN in some situations. It basically offed Harvey Beaks, a great show, made by the people who did Chowder. And just like CN, they air Spongebob constantly. Loud House is the only reason I even bother with them at this point. Out of them all, Disney's got the better track record, which isn't saying much.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/3/2017 at 11:34 PM, Shaddy the guy said:

Also, don't try to police the topic. You're not a mod.

I think you should take your own advice.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't know how Disney XD is on America, but here on my country is like at least 70% live action. Which is still not as bad as Nick, which is freakin' 90% live action here. Because they got all their live action shows, plus reairings of the old ones, PLUS the foreign shows created for my country specifically AND other foreign imports. Jesus, you're lucky if you catch any cartoon that isn't Spongebob on Nick. CN is still the best network here, and unlike the US, they don't air Teen Titans Go as much, but they still do air it a lot. Still, compared to Nick and XD that are almost all Live Action? It's a blessing to actually get to watch cartoons on a network that advertises itself as a cartoon channnel.

I captured some hd screenshots of Unnamed Episode and Give Bees a Chance. I'll try uploading them later today, along with comparison shots between the SD and HD versions. I wasn't able to get HD screens of Robot Employees, or MomBot, because Sling TV doesn't have them yet.

On 4/5/2017 at 1:15 AM, RictalRose0 said:

I don't know how Disney XD is on America, but here on my country is like at least 70% live action. Which is still not as bad as Nick, which is freakin' 90% live action here. Because they got all their live action shows, plus reairings of the old ones, PLUS the foreign shows created for my country specifically AND other foreign imports. Jesus, you're lucky if you catch any cartoon that isn't Spongebob on Nick. CN is still the best network here, and unlike the US, they don't air Teen Titans Go as much, but they still do air it a lot. Still, compared to Nick and XD that are almost all Live Action? It's a blessing to actually get to watch cartoons on a network that advertises itself as a cartoon channnel.

Lucky you, in my area, they show TTG nearly 14 times a day, it's ridiculous, not even Nick airs Spongebob that much in one day! At least Spongebob stood the test of time, and earned it's viewcount from being on for nearly 2 decades. Holy cow, is Spongebob really gonna turn 20 years old in  2 years ?! I feel old, and I'm only 25! ?

HD Screenshots for "Give Bees a Chance"

Spoiler

HD Screenshots for "The Unnamed Episode"

Spoiler

HD Screen Comparisons for "Give Bees a Chance"

Spoiler

Standard                                                                                          HD
cw4zFdv.png6NbhCEA.jpg
1IUd8OY.pngUmPOCH7.jpg

RLRrQ9W.pngmRKYyc3.jpg
59UsoJi.pngRS53Lx7.jpg

Sk3Jgct.pnghxhWPJ0.jpg

jeMwCDs.pngoBPvOsO.jpg

NthylFq.pngLEiyjqL.jpg

2YojGPm.pngsCLmt4W.jpg

KO9wIle.pnga2Ir913.jpg

XOIfYC1.pngjaMI1TC.jpg

86vcX1s.pngb2LlxRd.jpg

XCorRhh.pngPklONPv.jpg

6utcvLx.png7rDdLfp.jpg

zhg3ncT.pngeb5xcDL.jpg

gtYaEKE.pngXnGJbrO.jpg

FkE2Iv4.pngeuEHtll.jpg

whkNVLG.png2SHazA1.jpg

b502CUv.pngN1FmYeD.jpg

abrM2Bo.pngHa4vqyh.jpg

uaUZflS.pnge4eCJmW.jpg

0aj9XHa.pngCnUxNeG.jpg

gezYF4i.pngNoDPY4S.jpg

xy6RXNj.pngYQA3kOc.jpg

LnHR6Pa.pngeqTdrT8.jpg

Hoxw4RO.pngsAv89sK.jpg

VYsSySk.pngqgO4qYH.jpg

u3b06NL.pngXFC7rpB.jpg

eiGivOJ.pngv1NMAj7.jpg

UkR1nUt.png03IbY0P.jpg

5NSiiq6.png3RkSZMa.jpg

BjQC5hS.pngwhQkQ9V.jpg

PmER8cw.pngkHnyOl2.jpg

QCIHarE.pngmSOEIvC.jpg

uYmPiaF.pngosBrUFB.jpg

bXl5uVU.pngeWXS6g2.jpg

c9KcO3H.pngs42yXUi.jpg

ga5mity.pngyAMzNLX.jpg

xqyDJDY.png2IrxYQO.jpg

W1xlJaa.pngEOGAt6J.jpg

rS1AkRt.pngaPNnWVy.jpg

ZsWtZLa.pngHWLosdb.jpg

MqSJyyL.pngf9BXcPJ.jpg

SyuMEh7.pngqaiwmCu.jpg

Abfn5QE.pngwah5sAd.jpg

XAusgp6.pngooXPakT.jpg

vGvypYr.png3THQt28.jpg

jYfxHBH.pngqI5AkRM.jpg

BPx1J6L.pngQEwhEns.jpg

yfUieha.pngEHReOlL.jpg

H0fYgOa.pngCvgwUue.jpg

KUmE4FL.pngUHjTK1Q.jpg

kRFfbu5.pngTd7zGhA.jpg

ygnA40I.pngaPkTLz2.jpg

KgIXnwi.pngQfRi3js.jpg

nt2mL8U.pngsrue8Dq.jpg

prM8xO1.pngu0B8oQg.jpg

uryvNNk.pngxG43Ya9.jpg

9fYxGWv.png7DYtInv.jpg

wFKc1rc.png2Wct4E7.jpg

urdoZug.pngcQKdK34.jpg

hycdpQe.png06yGphN.jpg

Pv3jOm9.pngt2cG4Wm.jpg

mntsSxE.pngVrxcRMI.jpg

2577XtC.pngSM8eg9B.jpg

wTZQ7GC.pngM2TgsQX.jpg

EOGAt6J.jpg
The closest we've gotten to seeing a Sonic Boom version of how
Sonic and Amy are portrayed in the main video games, lol.

Unnamed Episode HD Screenshot Comparison

Spoiler

Standard                                                                                          HD

wKlgFeg.jpgTCir56a.jpg

4sBCCfi.jpgAcW9Yhb.jpg

fy56642.jpggT437bi.jpg

yTYyYC0.jpg06IqppM.jpg

ItwbCZq.jpgIR2gCln.jpg

K80yWBY.jpg1UNebKd.jpg

PGlDYCS.jpgXh9ADZu.jpg

wJnTuwa.jpgpp5tocM.jpg

BbrRCby.jpgaMgqjgU.jpg

V7w9veR.jpgMKMcP4G.jpg

drhA8qd.jpgAyc1bxU.jpg

5cVRJSf.jpgo7jj8rc.jpg

qZW6W2A.jpgIcMDkJ5.jpg

A0rJC5J.jpgXynMgeR.jpg

xSyefW9.jpgoLnxKVG.jpg

OWIsf1F.jpgJ6IWCXI.jpg

VLmMKuq.jpgXKZxGz3.jpg

dtmt87l.jpgjIdSmlL.jpg

8vdEwrc.jpg0k1eARS.jpg

xJMC2LB.jpg1iMduCQ.jpg

ttVpWe8.jpgiMjHpNL.jpg
I noticed a funny error during this screenshot above. The animators had two separate images for Amy during the polls. One with a happy face, and one with a sad face. They overlapped the happy face Amy with the sad one, but the happy faced Amy wasn't removed upon the sad faced Amy showing up. You can still see the ears of the Happy Faced Amy sticking out, from behind the sad faced Amy. It was barely noticeable in the SD version, but is more noticeable in the HD version.
xGzRdDH.jpgvqoMdzJ.jpg

4PnYtaB.jpgMo5jKSR.jpg

Tj87nJJ.jpgCovMc2p.jpg

IkyaAMh.jpgd9yX3t2.jpg

iFMJBBQ.jpglxntEbE.jpg

v0k39ao.jpgCO3tOyG.jpg

sCfL09i.jpgC8FQcx2.jpg

FpZzHdD.jpges93nEl.jpg

lM4m0Qi.jpgXk8DmTG.jpg

IwAcTdG.jpgL0v8QLV.jpg

WN7f6vV.jpgt9NoG3Z.jpg

EKImMBn.jpgkb9ZlW6.jpg

fpnFHYL.jpgmcmMVJN.jpg

ckSEEi6.jpgg2C8wi5.jpg

dQWEb8T.jpgAIplnsJ.jpg

WCAp8vD.jpgaZzRJ79.jpg

zmOciQd.jpgkoo2JoL.jpg

6wgL8u9.jpg9NfHfYF.jpg

rkpdUob.jpg2JkXadw.jpg

pYzDkQR.jpgRSVPevB.jpg

biNuoAb.jpgyNsUV7w.jpg

ZIFhbYb.jpg1q1y5Nk.jpg

ze9vkon.jpgomQS3KH.jpg

oARJ5y5.jpg90F6jn1.jpg

kOhaQZr.jpgFiqnxOm.jpg

dIOdBWs.jpgKw6zeX7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm a bit curious as to what Muckfoot is about. Does Sticks and Tails find a creature that references Big Foot?

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a Sonic Boom Easter egg! As in a chocolate egg, not the one you find in a game. I had no idea they existed until I saw a friend on facebook who bought 2 of them.

4 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I'm a bit curious as to what Muckfoot is about. Does Sticks and Tails find a creature that references Big Foot?

I wondered if it would be about a Big Foot parody as well. I sure hope for once, it's not another one of Eggman's tricks/robots in disguise (Transformers reference not intended.)

my guess is that some giant slimey monster is abducting the villagers, and Tails and Sticks are the only ones who can save Sonic, Amy, Knuckles, and any others. I look forward to seeing the situations these two get into, I always love seeing how well Sticks and Tails work off of eachother, with their trust issues over science vs crazy theories. Despite their differences, they make a great team.

1 hour ago, Chameleon94 said:

I got a Sonic Boom Easter egg! As in a chocolate egg, not the one you find in a game. I had no idea they existed until I saw a friend on facebook who bought 2 of them.

What's the verdict?

6 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

What's the verdict?

I have to wait until Easter to open it, but the package is pretty cool, there are drawings based on the artwork, and I know for sure there's an action figure as a surprise inside. I can't comment on the quality of the chocolate yet, but I have a feeling I'm gonna love it.

17 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

I wonder if Cartoon Network will be merciful, and air the 4-part special of Sonic Boom on their main channel.

If so, they might as well have a marathon and air every episode that hasn't aired in HD on CN to catch up like Canal J is doing this weekend. That'd be great.

But considering how CN has treated the show throughout its span, that is a looooooong shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

I uploaded HD versions of clips I previously shared from Knine to Five Knuckles, and Give Bees a Chance. I also decided to upload two clips from the Unnamed Episode, which I previously have not uploaded any clips of.

Spoiler

tumblr_onyl2cDFYo1rhnd8ro1_1280.png
I revised a picture I previously posted, with an on screen caption. 

50 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I uploaded HD versions of clips I previously shared from Knine to Five Knuckles, and Give Bees a Chance. I also decided to upload two clips from the Unnamed Episode, which I previously have not uploaded any clips of.

Hide contents

Dang, it really does look significantly better in HD then it does in standard. It looks so washed out and pale on Boomerang, but it looks crisp in clear when in actual HD. Jeez. Canada has Boomerang that shows the show in it's full HD glory, why is it so hard for the United States to do it as well?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

Dang, it really does look significantly better in HD then it does in standard. It looks so washed out and pale on Boomerang, but it looks crisp in clear when in actual HD. Jeez. Canada has Boomerang that shows the show in it's full HD glory, why is it so hard for the United States to do it as well?

Heck, this isn't even the best HD quality for the show. Sling TV does have HD support, but not the best HD support, and it's sometimes low internet signals can cause some of the imagery to get a bit speckled at times, but it's still a bigger improvement over the lousy Boomerang quality, that's for sure. I wish this series would release on Blu Ray or digital HD already, I want to buy these episodes, so I can view them in their full HD glory, without having the risk of an internet connection lowering the quality, or freezing in the middle of playback. (Luckily I haven't had any major delay problems when tuning into brand new episodes on Boomerang, but I've had some annoying experiences where watching on demand caused the episodes to lag or freeze to buffer constantly.