Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I'm more interested for Nominatus Rising now! Those must be the two assistants helping him. Also looks like Nominatus has a slight redesign?

6 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I'm more interested for Nominatus Rising now! Those must be the two assistants helping him. Also looks like Nominatus has a slight redesign?

I don't think that's a redesign, I think that's some kind of shackle/restriction. 

6 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Synopsis for Muckfoot!

https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined/status/849995566402617344

"Tails sets out to prove that the mythical creature Muckfoot is real."

Partially called it! No wonder Sticks is involved in this!

https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined/status/849996137931063296

Titlecard for Nominatus Rising and OOOOH

C8vKmjdVoAAWYd7.jpg

Wow, you'd think Sticks would be the one trying to prove it, while Tails is trying to debunk it, lol. 

46 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

Does anyone has an access to Canal J?

I wish I did. Granted, I wouldn't be able to understand what they are saying, but I get to see that sweet HD though.

Sorry, the webpage crashed when I made my last post, and it made a double of the same post, so I had to patch it over with this message, to prevent the page from showing the same message twice... 

there are a couple elephants in the room, i hope they explain at some point

considering they are doing episodes with actual plots now

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

there are a couple elephants in the room, i hope they explain at some point

considering they are doing episodes with actual plots now

What exactly?

8 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

What exactly?

Off the top of the dome

Hey, lyric

Hey, whats' up with all the ruins, and that sonic one that was there that one time

Are you going to do anything with those crystals

Uh, what other places exist in this world ( they seem to be actively working on this one, so good work)

who are those ancient people 

Whats up with knuckles, is he actually just a blank slate

Who is shadow in this universe and why is here

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Off the top of the dome

Hey, lyric

Hey, whats' up with all the ruins, and that sonic one that was there that one time

Are you going to do anything with those crystals

Uh, what other places exist in this world ( they seem to be actively working on this one, so good work)

who are those ancient people 

Whats up with knuckles, is he actually just a blank slate

Who is shadow in this universe and why is here

1) who

2) Ancients placed a lot of stuff in the ruins, simple as that

3) You mean the Meroke Crystal that's powering Hedgehog Village?

4) There's space and an ocean

5) People who are from an ancient time, a long time ago

6) A goofball with a childlike obliviousness, a precious boy who's too precious for the world

7) Shadow is Shadow and he's here because he likes his cave. #CaveAwesome

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Soni said:

1) who

Exactly

Just now, Soni said:

2) Ancients placed a lot of stuff in the ruins, simple as that

I would like to know, because plot, and world building. And narrative 

Just now, Soni said:

3) You mean the Meroke Crystal that's powering Hedgehog Village?

The one from the game sonic could only open with his hand that had lyric in it. 

That's seems important. A ruin housing a villain with my face on it, seems pertinent . 

Just now, Soni said:

4) There's space and an ocean

Mer-hogs confirmed. Shoo be doop

( Though on a more serious note, considering they established space travel , shadow could strait up just... be related to aliens... but less experiment more devil may cry )  ( or wips, though I hate them) 

Just now, Soni said:

5) People who are from an ancient time, a long time ago

Tell me about them. Why were they relevant that one time

Just now, Soni said:

6) A goofball with a childlike obliviousness, a precious boy who's too precious for the world

Precious cinnamon bun or no, I still would like to know if he has anything going for the guy.

Just now, Soni said:

7) Shadow is Shadow and he's here because he likes his cave. #CaveAwesome

He kinda can't. He's this character, who needs explanation, because one of the reasons he's popular is he's a character in a sea of people who just show up, has an actual explanation. New universe or no, they kind of have to , its apart of his character, the narrative surrounding him has basically been " who is he , why is he here" . To which if done correctly could legit be a mystery they eventually solve and be interesting. But they haven't been billing it that way, its just been kind of incompetence. And I feel like whatever bump they think might get for using him will go away if they don't do that. Having shadow exist isn't enough , you kind of have to have do a thing or be about a thing, its why people like him. People might just regard him as a bad version of his character, and not engage with the content in its entirety.  That's the risk you run with using fan favorites. You have to understand and why they are that way, and use those things. 

They've yet to do that. Hopefully they do. 

Or nothing happen, and sonic boom ends or something and none of this matters. 

Or that, that could also happen. That is a timeline. 

Just because Boom has a mulitparter episode, it's not going to be super plotheavy.

I don't think you'll find the answers with the nature of this show. The showrunners has said this many times before, this is a comedy; not an action/adventure. They could explain more about the Ancients and Shadow but I ain't holding my breath on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Soni said:

Just because Boom has a mulitparter episode, it's not going to be super plotheavy.

I don't think you'll find the answers with the nature of this show. The showrunners has said this many times before, this is a comedy; not an action/adventure. They could explain more about the Ancients and Shadow but I ain't holding my breath on it.

The show don't exist in  vacuum. Sonic boom in general doesn't exist in a vacuum, as of currently there is a lot of shit in sonic boom that just exists, and with out explanation it actively brings the show down because i don't have reason to care for it. 

Now all of it isn't the shows fault, obviously there were supposed to be more games to go with this, doesn't seem like that's happening. 

So I guess as always, blame sega

28 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

So far they showed us Space, the Ocean and let's not forget the snowy mountain and the temples, as well as the upcoming sky city from the four parter.

• Thumbs Up 2

That is a fault with how terribly mismanaged Boom was when it first started. 

I mean, considering how Rise of Lyric really botched the reputation for any sort of chance of Boom tie-in games. It's complicated to know if there will be more games especially since Fire & Ice seems to have silently bombed.

I guess you could say that Boom's sticking to a comical approach might be outdated but I think it makes it timeless in a sense, simplicity can be just as valid of a direction as complexity. And even then, Boom does have its fair share of emotional scenes here and there, like Amy and Bea's relationship in Give Bees a Chance, Amy at the end of Knine-to-Five Knuckles and a few others.

And I don't find that last line of yours very flattering.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Soni said:

That is a fault with how terribly mismanaged Boom was when it first started. 

I mean, considering how Rise of Lyric really botched the reputation for any sort of chance of Boom tie-in games. It's complicated to know if there will be more games especially since Fire & Ice seems to have silently bombed.

Yeah that sucks, that game was ok. No one cared, I wonder if they will bother to continue to sell boom games after this point. Though it could also be blamed on lack of marketing and the delay of the game. 

1 minute ago, Soni said:

I guess you could say that Boom's sticking to a comical approach might be outdated but I think it makes it timeless in a sense, simplicity can be just as valid of a direction as complexity.

Yeah when its fantastic. This show is exceedingly... meh. I'm trying to give it a chance but , eh... 

1 minute ago, Soni said:

And even then, Boom does have its fair share of emotional scenes here and there, like Amy and Bea's relationship in Give Bees a Chance, Amy at the end of Knine-to-Five Knuckles and a few others.

I feel like they can do better

1 minute ago, Soni said:

And I don't find that last line of yours very flattering.

Hey man, if someone is content eating food of the floor, all I can do is take note of it. 

Take note of what? People enjoying a show they consider to be good?

I mean, everyone has their personal tastes. I get that. People find AoStH funny, I don't (but I do agree it does have charm in some aspects). A good majority really liked SatAM, I personally didn't thought it was all that great. But I don't treat people like they're foolish for liking other things.

I can see why you're not really all for Boom but no need to treat people like they're morons for not demanding more out of it. Not cool man.

• Thumbs Up 3

42 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

The show don't exist in  vacuum. Sonic boom in general doesn't exist in a vacuum, as of currently there is a lot of shit in sonic boom that just exists, and with out explanation it actively brings the show down because i don't have reason to care for it. 

Now all of it isn't the shows fault, obviously there were supposed to be more games to go with this, doesn't seem like that's happening. 

So I guess as always, blame sega

To be fair, the same could be said about the video games, not everything needs an explanation.

The video games never really gave a clear cut origin story for how Eggman and Sonic became enemies, we never learned where Chaos emeralds came from, or how they were made, we never learned why Echidnas had to guard a master emerald, or how Knuckles was somehow informed of being the last of his kind, with the responsibility of guarding the Master Emerald.

Originally, Chaos emeralds were just powerful gems that could be used for powering machines, or used to charge someone up with super strength and invincibility, but then Adventure 2 made things a bit confusing, by revealing they could be used to manipulate the flow of time, then Sonic 06 revealed they could be used for time travel, etc. They didn't even give an explanation for how any of that worked, they also never give a good excuse for why only Sonic, Shadow, and Silver are able to transform with the Chaos Emeralds. Tails and Knuckles were able to use them in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, yet Sonic Heroes made it pretty clear that the series didn't want Tails or Knuckles to have the ability to super transform anymore.

If you ask me, I think it's lame for the characters to not have an explanation for using Chaos energy. If Sonic needs all the help he can get, he should be willing to let his friends go super as well, why would he not allow Tails or Knuckles to go super, yet he has no problem with letting Shadow or Silver turn super? Anyone should be allowed to go super, there's nothing that says Chaos Emeralds only allow those who are worthy enough to transform. Where does it state that only a male Hedgehog can use Chaos Energy transformations? 

The timeline for the games are mixed up as well, one minute Sonic is in a bizarre world mainly inhabited by physics defying landscapes and colorful animals, and then he's suddenly walking around in the human world (Sonic X tried giving an explanation for this, but that was just a TV show spin off, and not canon to the actual settings from the games.) We never learned where Cream the Rabbit or Vanilla came from, she just suddenly showed up in Sonic Advance 2, and was eventually written as Amy's best friend. Then the world gets all blocky and cartoony in Sonic Lost World, it would have made sense if they made it clear that the world only uses a different art style, for taking place on the Lost Hex, but that wasn't the case, since the scenes with Amy and Knuckles back at home show the world looks as blocky and vibrant as the Lost Hex locations as well. Now Sonic Forces seems like it's trying to mix the blocky and gritty detailed desgins of Lost World and Sonic Unleashed/Generations all into one hybrid setting. 

Let's face it, it's not just Sonic Boom that introduces a lot of stuff with no explanation, but not everything in video games, or story telling has to have a Mythological explanation or a Theory of how everything was crafted and formed into these stories. Instead of looking too much into it, just accept that there isn't more to be revealed about these things, and that explanations aren't really needed to tell a great story, or serve as fun mechanics for video gameplay. 

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Soni said:

Take note of what? People enjoying a show they consider to be good?

Yeah?

You enjoy this, that's totally fine. But in my eyes it looks like someone dressed up went to a fancy restaurant and made an active decision to eat off the floor. it seems like a waste of potential

I mean, everyone has their personal tastes. I get that. People find AoStH funny, I don't (but I do agree it does have charm in some aspects). A good majority really liked SatAM, I personally didn't thought it was all that great. But I don't treat people like they're foolish for liking other things.

I never called you foolish

I can see why you're not really all for Boom but no need to treat people like they're morons for not demanding more out of it. Not cool man.

I never called you a moron? Also I enjoy sonic, so I enjoy things I find stupid. My comment isn't demean you , its to criticize the show. If you like it you like it, I'll never shit on you about it. The waste of potential is within the show, and brand itself not its audience. 

21 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Snip

Oh no, I agree the branding for the whole brand trip over its feet and spindashed into a hot dumpster fire. But I have to judge the elements of the brand by its merits, and even giving it all that slack, its kinda meh. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What potential did you see in Boom that you think the showrunners aren't taking advantage of?

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I never called you foolish

I never called you a moron?

You don't have to. It's not what you say, but how you say it. And even if you didn't mean it that way, people may interpret it differently.

On a side note (and also a more related one), more Sonic Boom ratings are in. http://www.tssznews.com/2017/04/07/twinfinite-interviewed-sega-product-manager-jim-dyer/

The ratings for Mombot were 149k 

Reminder that by the end of last year, the ratings for the Boomerang channel was 187k

49 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

You don't have to. It's not what you say, but how you say it. And even if you didn't mean it that way, people may interpret it differently.

ok. 

7 hours ago, Soni said:

What potential did you see in Boom that you think the showrunners aren't taking advantage of?

There are a lot of interesting stories that they can tell, even comic ones with the twisted versions of the personality of the characters. The stories seem so... milktoast, a bit generic. There are interesting things you can do with different versions of sonic characters and even more so than that, you can establish the world you live in more ways whilist also telling largely comedic stories. I feel like there are a lot of missed opportunities for things that just end up being for comedy and for nothing in the show, because they could have , legitimately went interesting places. 

Obviously there might be opportunities in the future, or it might not the whole project might get canned, but if there are opportunities they can in future to tell interesting stories, but as of currently the stories just introduce an interesting concept and then... nothing. Or sometimes they are just handed interesting concepts by accident and.... nothing. 

I'll obviously wait untill the whole season is over to give my full judgement , but as of currently its just kind of disappointing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

It's not what you say, but how you say it.

Someone watched Just a Guy.

23 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Someone watched Just a Guy.

Don't remind me of that episode...*shudder*

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Uh, I think you pasted the wrong link there. 

Yes. Yes I did. I'm a dumb. lol

Here's the correct article: http://www.tssznews.com/2017/04/07/sonic-boom-tv-ratings-season-2-week-20-2/

I just realized I got the week number in the headline wrong, too.

*cries internally*