Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, SSF1991 said:

Don't remind me of that episode...*shudder*

Sorry. I don't like that episode either. Same goes for the... tiger episode. 

I don't like the Tommy Thunder episode either, nor the Og episode, because... well, they are boring as they don't focus on any of the main characters.

By the way, I found a couple of Boom easter egg unboxing videos on Youtube, you can only get Sonic, Tails or Knuckles, on a skateboard, they don't look detailed, but the paper is incredible, I really love it.

Is it me or you can only find these eggs in my country? It's kind of strange.

15 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Just a Guy is hilarious. Fight me.

I personally don't think the episode is that bad, really. It is funny, despite its problems.

In other news, we have two more upcoming episodes, thanks to Canal J's schedule (and SSF1991).

"The Grand Hotel Eggman"? Oh, boy, this should be interesting...

I'm gonna guess that episode is called Eggman's Grand Hotel or Doctor Eggman's Hotel or something.

13 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Hey man, if someone is content eating food of the floor, all I can do is take note of it. 

This does sound like you're insulting fans of the show. If that's not what you meant, you should be more careful with your phrasing.

• Thumbs Up 6

Description: Find the world's fastest hedgehog in un-seen S2 of Sonic Boom! Dr. Eggman has the ambition to conquer the universe and to obtain Sonic's respect...which is very unlikely... Тhe new adventures оf Sonic are coming on Canal J.

© SEGA / Technicolor Animation Productions

There is no HD versions of S2 epsiodes with no CN logos on the Internet. It can't be fake.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

Description: Find the world's fastest hedgehog in un-seen S2 of Sonic Boom! Dr. Eggman has the ambition to conquer the universe and to obtain Sonic's respect...which is very unlikely... Тhe new adventures оf Sonic are coming on Canal J.

© SEGA / Technicolor Animation Productions

There is no HD versions of S2 epsiodes with no CN logos on the Internet. It can't be fake.

They mostly showed screens from Alone again, Two good to be true and No Robots Allowed. I was hoping they would show something new.

1 hour ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

They mostly showed screens from Alone again, Two good to be true and No Robots Allowed. I was hoping they would show something new.

At least they actually promoted the show with scenes from episodes they haven't aired in that region yet, unlike CN, or Boomerang in North America.

And the accompanying description and tags:

"Weird things lurk in the wilds, where Tails discovers a mysterious creature. See if you can catch the elusive “Muckfoot” too in this Saturday’s Sonic Boom, airing at 6pm on Boomerang!"

Tags: #sonic boom #season 2 #folks please do not go out and search for mysterious monsters in the wilderness #we know there are some pretty interesting legends out there #like florida's skunkape or Bigfoot #but it's only a diversion #the true joys of being in nature is taking a break from the modern world #making smores - toasting hot dogs - stargazing #you ever had a chili dog made by campfire? #good stuff #we'd eat at least eight of them #but regardless #go outside

2 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

And the accompanying description and tags:

"Weird things lurk in the wilds, where Tails discovers a mysterious creature. See if you can catch the elusive “Muckfoot” too in this Saturday’s Sonic Boom, airing at 6pm on Boomerang!"

Tags: #sonic boom #season 2 #folks please do not go out and search for mysterious monsters in the wilderness #we know there are some pretty interesting legends out there #like florida's skunkape or Bigfoot #but it's only a diversion #the true joys of being in nature is taking a break from the modern world #making smores - toasting hot dogs - stargazing #you ever had a chili dog made by campfire? #good stuff #we'd eat at least eight of them #but regardless #go outside

OMG! They made the classic @Tails' Channel meme!

PAPA BLESS YOH!

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Also looking at the first picture, is that a turtle on the board?

No, that's a silhouette of the Mukfoot lurking through the woods.

54 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Preview images for Muckfoot! Found them on Twitter

C82OQ_YXcAA-P-U.jpg

I'll bet Sticks comes out of nowhere, and gives Tails a rude awakening. Poor Tails, the little guy looks tired from trying to find proof of a mythological creature.

9 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

No, that's a silhouette of the Mukfoot lurking through the woods.

Muckfoot kinda looks like a turtle according to that silhouette...

57 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Muckfoot kinda looks like a turtle according to that silhouette...

Looks more like Knuckles to be honest. How odd would it be, if it turned out the monster was actually Knuckles? I doubt that would happen though, lol. 

Muckfoot looks just like the famous Bigfoot photo, literally one for one except its got bright eyes.

I'm excited for this one. I'm a big fan of these guy's work on TMNT and honestly some of their Marvel stuff isn't too bad. Should be fun.

So, season 2 of Boom has finally made its way overseas. As of the time of this post, the first phase of Canal J's catch-up marathon is ongoing since 11:00 AM EDT/5:00 PM CEST (with the second phase starting tomorrow at the same time), and they're on "Strike!".

...No, the episode "Strike!".

I hope France is getting as much enjoyment out of season 2 as we are.

Just now, Fusion Ellipsis said:

The Robots in the Sky arc is happening tomorrow in France right?

Yep. Best bring out the spoiler shields if you got 'em, cause we won't be getting it for awhile.

Ok, it's been a long time since I wrote the notes for #AskSonicBoomCrew but I got some time to write em down. Reminder I have 6 and a half pages of notes, sad.

Favorite episodes

Mike: Eggman the Auteur
Alan: Just a Guy and Alone Again, Unnaturally
Greg: Just a Guy, Battle of the Boy Bands and Give Bees a Chance
Bill: Tails' Crush and Nutwork
Colleen: Tails' Crush and Battle of the Boy Bands

If you didn't know, the recording sessions for the Boom episodes were really fun.

Bill sees a lot of himself in Sticks and Comedy Chimp's voice is based on someone he used to work for.

Differences between voicework for games and TV shows

Mike: "TV shows follow a more linear story line. Games are more disjointed with more random noises."

Colleen: "Also, typically you record video games alone, but with the whole cast for a show."

On average, a typical recording session of Boom is usually 2 episodes in 4 hours, every 2 weeks. People who are absent are recorded next time.

Favorite lines in Boom

Alan/Colleen/Cindy: "Don't tell me what to do. You're not my mom's boyfriend!"
Roger: The weird noises Sonic makes when he was bored in Designated Heroes
Greg: "How 'bout we name it Shimmydown Town?!"

Favorite characters to voice not from Team Sonic

Bill: Froglodyte Task Master
Mike: Mayor Fink
Colleen: Beth the Shrew
Sam: His cat

Any episode with songs in it has the most takes

Writing a 3-act story into a 11-minute episode os the hardest thing about writing a Boom episode, according to Alan and Greg

Mark the Tapir isn't mocking Chris-Chan, just a parody character on nutty fans and Misery

Robot Employees
Outline submitted: 8/18/2015
First draft submitted: 9/17/2015

What did you know about Sonic prior to Boom

Colleen: "That he was blue and a hedgehog."
Alan: "A lot. Played the games & watched the shows growing up."
Greg: "As a kid, I played every Sonic game on Sega Genesis and watched every episode of AoStH and Underground."

Favorite Boom S2 Episode As of Robot Employees

Greg: Tommy Thunder: Method Actor
Alan: Battle of the Boy Bands
Roger: Give Bees a Chance (yes he cheated)

We might see another episode of the Alternate Boom dimension

Least favorite Boom character

Sam: Goldfish from S1
Greg: Gogoba #3

Favorite scenes in Boom

Colleen: Balcony scene from Tails' Crush
Alan: Tails showing off UT and Eggman trying to get his mail
Roger: Boyband scenes
Cindy: When Gertie the Bulldog wins (She actually has a bulldog named Gertie)

Thoughts on the Archie Comics

Sam: "They all rule but of course I'm partial to (Sonic Boom) #11"
Greg: "Fun stuff, coulda used more Boom"

How does Boom's format compare to other Sonic cartoons?

Greg: "Different show. Different format. Best thing about Boom is you can jump in at any point and have a good laugh."

Sonic 2 is Alan's favorite Sonic game

It takes about 18 months to make a Boom episode

The most powerful beings in the Sonic Boom universe is the fans, according to Sam

Favorite Boom characters

Travis: Dave
Alan: Dave
Bill: Sticks
Colleen: Tails, Beth, Zoey & Knuckles
Greg: Eggman, Dave, Knuckles, Amy and Old Monkey

Mike's influence for his voice of Eggman are Deem Bristow, Jiminy Glick, Ed Wynn and Bill Thompson

Cindy's favorite Boom Amy line is "Imma crazy pizza man... who juggles and sings!"

The Boom characters are the same age as their main series counterparts

EVERY Boom S2 episode has a screaming cat sound effect (I'mma make that compilation yoh!)

Do the writers work separately or do they work together?

Alan: "We break the stories together. Write scripts separately; then do a group punch-up session at the end."

Favorite/least favorite things about working on Boom

Mike/Colleen: Beginning and end of recording
Greg: Writing hilarious jokes/cutting some jokes for time

Weirdest Sonic Boom secondary character

Alan: Fastidious Beaver

Knuckles is Alan's favorite main series character

Alan tried to see how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, about 702

What does Metal Sonic do in his free time?

Sam: "Not much since he gets stuck on industrial magnets a lot"

Best thing about working on Boom

Travis: Tripping Roger in sessions
Bill: Pretending to be an actor
Greg: The writing, recording and the positive reception from fans
Colleen: Recording

Episode titles usually come from puns and vague pitches

The funniest moments during recording for Boom is seeing Travis trying to pronounce complicated words (like mahjong). It's so funny the writers always try to include complicated words in Knuckles' dialogue to get more lels from Travis. 

Writing inspiration for Boom

Greg: "Try to make it funny and entertaining, some fan services, and inspired by my favorite shows/movies"
Alan: "Personal experiences, movies, TV shows and etc."

Eggman eating chilidogs in Robot Employees came from a Wiener schnitzel commercial.

Anne Baraou was recommended by Reid Harrison when he wasn't available to write episodes for S2 as he did in S1.

Mr. Slate is a reference to Fred's boss from The Flintstones and shares a catchphrase of George Jetson's boss.

The "wrong slide" from Robot Employees is a reference to Freiberger's issue of Archie Boom, Eggtoberfest.

Sam pitched the line, "I'm very suggestable"

Beth the Shrew shares the name of Bill's wife who is not a shrew

There'll be shuffleboard and bowling in future episodes

The "I Told You So Dance" is a Scrubs reference

Robot Employees has a subtle reference to Wing Fortress Zone

Advice on voice acting

Travis: "Practice, practice, practice!"
Mike: "Get used to rejection."
Colleen: "Improv, acting class, create characters"

Advice for screenwriters

Greg: "Write as often as you can, and maybe even more importantly, network. Make friends. Ya gotta know the right people to get in."
Alan: "Boring advice but keep writing. Writers' block isn't a thing. Even if a draft is crap get it finished then move to revisions."

Cindy got to write after her and Bill were just chatting and Bill asked her if she wanted to write an episode.

Cindy was so nervous for recording her episode, she almost vomited. 

Cindy's advice for writing is "Listen to your head writer. Do what he says and learn all you can by watching what gets changed"

The Fregosi Sapphire is a reference to an episode of The Munsters called "The Fregosi Emerald" and Knuckles' nickname for the Sapphire, Herman, was another reference for that show as well.

Sonic teetering on the ledge in Give Bees a Chance was a classic Sonic reference.

Destroyed minions + Orbot/Cubot carrying the stretcher is a Gone With the Wind reference.

September 15, 2016 was when Cindy, Bill, Greg and Alan pitched the story.

Knux and the babybjorn is a Hangover reference

Scrapbook scenes in Give Bees a Chance came from Cindy looking at the pictures of her dog, Gertie

Actors are free to ad-lib during recording

Greg came up with the name, Meh Burger, (maybe Alan too but he was too humble to say so and said it was all Greg)

Favorite running gags

Alan: Meh Burger's incompetence
Greg: Eggman's love/hate relationship with Sonic

Boom will not adapt games from the main series, this was a given but there ya go.

If you were Metal Sonic for a day. what would you do?

Alan: "Ponder why my creator programmed me to feel loneliness?"
Greg: "Fly at hyper-speeds. Feel nothing."

Alan and Greg have watched the old Sonic cartoons back at the day.

Musical Boom will return... probably.

And those were my notes for #AskSonicBoomCrew

Might post my thoughts on the episodes when I watch Muckfoot.

• Thumbs Up 9

Thanks for the Q&A responses, Soni. I find it sweet that Sonic's voice likes the episode Amy's voice wrote. He even cheated, by calling it his favorite episode, despite the fact it wasn't eligible for the question given. I'll bet Cindy Robinson was happy to see her first and only written episode get that much praise.

I like how Tails's Crush, and Battle of the Boybands were popular picks for favorite episodes. Those 2 are a part of my top 5 favorite episodes from season 1.

• Thumbs Up 1