Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

1 minute ago, sinclair said:

Looking forward to tonight's new episode as well as the 5 new ones that air tomorrow in France. :D

I am so freaking jealous... Meanwhile, who knows when, or how we'll ever get that 4 part special in the states... I do not see Sega, Boomerang, or CN taking any special care into making sure those episodes air on TV in North America... 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I am so freaking jealous... Meanwhile, who knows when, or how we'll ever get that 4 part special in the states... I do not see Sega, Boomerang, or CN taking any special care into making sure those episodes air on TV in North America... 

I'm sure they'll air eventually (albeit seperately).

Oh my god I miscounted. France is actually getting 6 new episodes tomorrow. HOLY COW.

• "Robots from the Sky" (Parts 1-4)
  • "Nominatus Rising"
  • "Eggman's Brother"

Be on the lookout for spoilers!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow avoiding spoilers is going to be hard now!

I mean Nominatus Rising airs NEXT WEEK in the US. And I'm pretty interested in this episode!

After doing some digging, I also found some upcoming episodes titles (some of which were already mentioned) and summaries: 

• "Do Not Disturb": airs in the U.S. on April 29, 2017 (there is no episode summary available yet) [x]
  • "The Grand Hotel Eggman": Eggman is struggling to pay his bills, so he transforms his den into a luxury residence... [x
  • "In Less Than Three Minutes": Sonic becomes a delivery guy for Meh Burger and guarantees customers that they'll receive a delivery in less than 3 minutes, however, Eggman gets involved... [x] 
  • "The Thunder Bowlers": Sonic and co. battle the Thunder Society (Lightning Bolt Society?) at a bowling alley. [x
  • "The Bags" (there has to be a better translation for this title, lol): Eggman attacks Sonic with his smallest robot. [x] 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, sinclair said:

After doing some digging, I also found some upcoming episodes titles (some of which were already mentioned) and summaries: 

• "Do Not Disturb": airs in the U.S. on April 29, 2017 (there is no episode summary available yet) [x]
  • "The Grand Hotel Eggman": Eggman is struggling to pay his bills, so he transforms his den into a luxury residence... [x
  • "In Less Than Three Minutes": Sonic becomes a delivery guy for Meh Burger and guarantees customers that they'll receive a delivery in less than 3 minutes, however, Eggman gets involved... [x] 
  • "The Thunder Bowlers": Sonic and co. battle the Thunder Society (Lightning Bolt Society?) at a bowling alley. [x
  • "The Bags" (there has to be a better translation for this title, lol): Eggman attacks Sonic with his smallest robot. [x] 

Yay! A bowling episode! I was hoping for one of these. I think it could be fun to see what kind of situations the gang could get into with bowling. I would laugh if there came a point where Knuckles somehow uses Sonic as a bowling ball, and we see and hear Sonic  as he screams, while tumbling down the bowling alley, and coming back through the ball return machine. Maybe Sonic just laughs at Knuckles for messing up a shot, and we see Knuckles just pick up Sonic, roll him up, and bowl him down the alley, that could be funny, if done right. Sonic could be outraged at first, until he realizes Knuckles got a spare for their team. It would also be fun to see how the others handle bowling. Tails could have trouble lifting the ball, Amy could be one of those slow but steady bowlers, where they bowl with two hands, instead of one, and Sticks could be careless, and not bother aiming, yet manages to keep getting lucky, and having it strike the pins anyways. 

Something tells me the lightning bolts are likely going to end up cheating, and will try using some of Dave's gadgets to cheat their way to victory. I hope Sonic and pals can end up beating them. 

I'm surprised to see Boomerang show a rerun of Sonic Boom this early. Usually before airing a new episode of Sonic Boom, Boomerang shows a Scooby Doo movie, followed by a few shorts from Tom & Jerry, The Peanuts, The Looney Tunes Show,  DC Super Hero Girls,or an episode of the new Power Puff Girls. Yet for once, they're actually showing a rerun of a Sonic Boom Episode. They're showing "Give Bees a Chance" at the moment. 

42 minutes ago, sinclair said:

Ah Thunder bowlers must be that bowling episode Bill was talking about.

And now I'm imagining Sonic spindashing something and is given a strike for humor.

"Muckfoot" was pretty dang enjoyable. Yep, that was Knuckles (I'd know those spindly legs anywhere), and they certainly didn't try to hide it.

Also, I busted out laughing the first time I saw Eggman in clown makeup. Never thought I'd see that in all my days.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow... I was unintentionally right... I previously mentioned how Muckfoot looked like Knuckles, and it turns out, Knuckles was mistaken for Muckfoot after all. 

The episode wasn't too bad, but it did feel too formulaic. The episode starts off with Knuckles declaring he found a new place to sleep at night. He built a hammock around a bush of unnamed berries. Sticks then brings up how a place like this is likely to attract the legendary creature "Muckfoot". Tails refers to Muckfoot as nonsense, and spends all night using his telescope to star gaze, but he comes across Muckfoot, and is suddenly convinced it's real. The episode did a bad job at trying to disguise Knuckles as Muckfoot, it was so obviously him, right from the start. It would have been funnier if they tried hiding it better, but it wasn't bad for say. There's a funny running gag, where Tails keeps thinking he's about to run into Muckfoot, but he keeps coming across Eggman dressed as a clown (spoofing off of the real life sightings of clowns walking through forests at night.) I laughed every time Eggman showed up, there was no explanation, he was just walking around dressed as a clown, making each encounter with Tails awkward.

Tails finally gets a blurry shot of Muckfoot, and becomes famous. Tommy Thunder even proposes a reality show that fools people into thinking Tails is hunting Muckfoot (mocking those ridiculous and phony fake documentaries about hunting Big Foot.) During one of the episodes, Tails and Tommy found Muckfoot, and shot him with an electric arrow. The next morning, Sticks shares her disappointment with Tails for lying, exploiting, and selling out to this nonsense, and Tails feels conflicted between doing what's right, and from hurting the villager's feelings from thinking he's a hero. Knuckles comes up with a band aid over his chest, and Sticks and Tails start questioning if Knuckles is Muckfoot. They spy on him before he went to bed, and found out the berries he's been eating cause anyone who eats them to get drowsy. Knuckles ends up sleep walking, and ends up walking through a deep puddle of mud, and eventually walks through a clean body of water, cleaning the mud off of him, until he sleep walks his way back to his hammock. 

Tails and Sticks are now convinced Knuckles was mistaken for Muckfoot, and Sticks encourages Tails to tell the truth the next day. Tails chickens out, and continues embracing Muckfoot's existence to the village, leaving Sticks disappointed. Meanwhile, T.W. Barker is catching onto the Muckfoot hype, and tells his circus bears that they need to catch Muckfoot, and use him as a world tour attraction for his own personal gain. Barker cages Knuckles while going through his muddy sleep walk routine, and ends up revealing Muckfoot to the villagers for a cost. Tails feels bad for letting this happen, and he rounds up Sonic, Amy, and Sticks to free Knuckles. 

There was then a funny part where Sonic and pals cut off Barker from taking his tour on the road, and try telling Barker that what he has is not Muckfoot, it's Knuckles. Barker acknowledges he was able to tell it wasn't Muckfoot the whole time, but he's still willing to fool people into paying to see it. Barker then summons some of Eggman's minions, and Eggman shows up dressed as a clown, and declares he's joining the circus. Tails then says "So that's why you've been dressed as a clown". Eggman then responds by saying "What, no, that was a completely different thing!" I honestly laughed hard during that part, it was just too silly.

Tails then notices that he still has some of the berries Knuckles ate, which caused him to start sleep walking, and he gives them to Sonic, and tells Sonic to feed them to Barker, his bears, and Eggman. Sonic forces the berries into their mouths, and causes them to fall asleep. They free Knuckles, and Tails regrettably announces to the Village that Knuckles was Muckfoot all along, and the crowd grows disappointed, and leaves. Tails feels sad, but his friends cheer him up, by revealing they're proud of him for telling the truth. Knuckles then says "Wait a minute? I was Muckfoot the whole time, but can turn back into regular Knuckles? I'm a Were-Echidna! (Sonic Unleashed reference) Then after the gang leaves, the real Muckfoot shows up, without them knowing. 

And that was the episode. While it was a bit too predictable, it was still a fun and hilarious episode. Eggman's clown scenes were the highlights of this episode. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Saw the latest episode and I quite like it. I knew who muck foot was from beginning but the episode was well aware of it sooner than I expected.

Funniest moments from today's episode, were without a doubt the random moments 

with Clown Eggman.

Muckfoot Screenshots.

3 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Oh wow avoiding spoilers is going to be hard now!

I mean Nominatus Rising airs NEXT WEEK in the US. And I'm pretty interested in this episode!

It will be! But I know I won't resist anything if I come across it. I'm a sucker for spoilers. 

If I come across anything, I'll be sure to use the "spoiler" feature!

--------------

Anyway, "Muckfoot" was a funny episode! I had a feeling that it was Knuckles from the beginning. I loved Eggman's clown makeup gag; it was unexpected but it got a laugh out of me. The episode basically sh*t on the entire cryptozoology field, which I am a believer in myself (it's important to not take these episodes seriously). 

All in all, loved it!

You know, with all the new episodes airing in France within a span of 2 days, I can't help but feel ripped off by America's lousy economy... The poor treatment Sonic Boom has been given in America is so annoying! France just aired the first 13 episodes of season 2 today, and are going to surpass all the episodes America aired since October 2016, all in one morning! They’re also going to air 6 new episodes, and 4 of them are part of an hour long, 4 part special! I hate how America treats this show! I’m spending $26 a month to watch this show legally. I spent $182 in the past 7 months, just to legally have access to watching this show, meanwhile, France got all those episodes, and more, within a range of 2 days! I hate this economy!!!… Thanks for making me feel ripped off, America…  Is that really fair for the few who actually pay to support this show?! We’re the ones helping this show keep going, and how does Sega repay us, by airing it somewhere else… Thanks for nothing!… 

14 minutes ago, sinclair said:

T minus 12 hours and 20 minutes until the new episodes air! :D

Great, and I'll have no way of watching it, despite spending $182 for the past 7 months, just to legally watch one 11 minute new episode each week on a lousy channel like Boomerang... 

It really is frustrating that the show has gotten such poor treatment in North America. It just adds salt to the wound when France suddenly premieres the show and they're ahead of us within just two days. Yes, I get it, the show was made in France. That really shouldn't make a difference, though. No country should be getting such special treatment. Hell, they're even getting a marathon of Boom episodes. We haven't even gotten that in North America. Not even close. In fact, I think France is the only country that has aired a Boom marathon of some kind. I'm curious why they aired a marathon of premieres in the first place. Last season, they never did that. They aired two new episodes a week, and that was it.

It just comes down to the networks. The ones in France are actually treating this show properly. Too bad it's just them. The inconsistency in episode premieres is getting really frustrating, and Cartoon Network's sheer incompetence with airing this show isn't helping matters. It's like none of the higher-ups give a damn about this show, nor do they want to, even though the cartoon has proven to be successful when you allow it to.

It's bad enough that my poor sleep schedule has made Boom spoilers tough to avoid, but now France is going to be almost 10 episodes ahead of everyone else and spoilers are going to be even worse. And I can't even imagine how people in other regions that haven't even gotten the show yet feel.

If I had known in 2014 that Cartoon Network would be like this with the show, I wouldn't believe it. Even Nickelodeon wasn't this bad. This is just absolutely ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 3

Although I don't  want to, there is literally no way to watch new sonic boom episodes without doung it illegally. Like on youtube or something. I know someone who is maybe going to upload ALL of the french episodes tomorrow. I look foward to seeing it.

• Thumbs Up 2

But hey, we get to see Boom Shadow at his cave sooner then! HEYO!

#CaveAwesome

49 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

It really is frustrating that the show has gotten such poor treatment in North America. It just adds salt to the wound when France suddenly premieres the show and they're ahead of us within just two days. Yes, I get it, the show was made in France. That really shouldn't make a difference, though. No country should be getting such special treatment. Hell, they're even getting a marathon of Boom episodes. We haven't even gotten that in North America. Not even close. In fact, I think France is the only country that has aired a Boom marathon of some kind. I'm curious why they aired a marathon of premieres in the first place. Last season, they never did that. They aired two new episodes a week, and that was it.

It just comes down to the networks. The ones in France are actually treating this show properly. Too bad it's just them. The inconsistency in episode premieres is getting really frustrating, and Cartoon Network's sheer incompetence with airing this show isn't helping matters. It's like none of the higher-ups give a damn about this show, nor do they want to, even though the cartoon has proven to be successful when you allow it to.

It's bad enough that my poor sleep schedule has made Boom spoilers tough to avoid, but now France is going to be almost 10 episodes ahead of everyone else and spoilers are going to be even worse. And I can't even imagine how people in other regions that haven't even gotten the show yet feel.

If I had known in 2014 that Cartoon Network would be like this with the show, I wouldn't believe it. Even Nickelodeon wasn't this bad. This is just absolutely ridiculous.

Well said, I really wish there was something we could do about this. 

a26.png

A little caption image I made. 

Seriously, doesn't muddy Knuckles look like Davy Jones from

the 2nd and 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean films? LOL! 

Personally, I believe the only reason CN removed Boom from the main channel was because France hadn't started airing new episodes yet and they wanted to see how it went before putting the show back, instead having Boomerang air the episodes for the time being and then possibly having all those episodes aired on CN in one huge marathon.

I mean, the 10-day event involving new episodes of the show way back in season 1 seemed to be motivated by the fact that CN was behind in episodes, because that pretty much came out of the blue.

Or maybe this is all a crazy idea that makes no sense.

Anyway, the second phase of Canal J's catch-up marathon for Boom has started as of 11:00 AM EDT/5:00 PM CEST in France, and they're currently on "Robot Employees" at the time of this post, with "Eggman's Brother" having already premiered; the "Robots from the Sky" four-parter is next up, with "Give Bees a Chance" airing after and "Nominatus Rising" finishing off the marathon.

Again, beware spoilers in case they hit the internet.

I get all this from Canal J's schedule, if you're wondering.