Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I'm really intimidated by some guy named robotnik, they both have silly names. But in the end, what black doom was and was trying to do is forever more threatening than eggman. This is evil maniac vs , Old gods interms of intent

Trying to take over a planet to feed on its inhabitants does not make Black Doom a god.

By that logic, the Deadly Six are all gods because they used a machine to do the exact same thing, with less effort and in a shorter amount of time.

7 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

If eggy gets the upperhand, you get the comic timeline.

Wait, what?

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I just watched Jim Sterling's cut of the Anniversary Party Livestream since I didn't see it and JESUS GOD! That fucking annoying buzzing sound! Holy fuck. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Dunno why classic sonic is necessary....but whatever. Seems it may be Generations but with new levels which is fine by me. Need to see some gameplay though, which of course won't show up for another year.

Considering all external factors, it'll likely be improved Gens gameplay. Not what I wanted, but whatever. We shall see.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:

Trying to take over a planet to feed on its inhabitants does not make Black Doom a god.

By that logic, the Deadly Six are all gods because they used a machine to do the exact same thing, with less effort and in a shorter amount of time.

Wait, what?

The term old god is a reference for his desire to devour the planet and the bunches of tree branch like tenticles and tendrils doing so, he's kinda space clithulu at the end of that game. Like he is blood born monster by the end of that game. The term old god was referencing those types of creatures,  ( although I would argue that most sonic characters have godlike powers anyway ) but way off topic.

No the deadly 6 used a machine, to try and do that. They aren't a tenticle monster from the depths of space who look like demons and eat planets. The term old gods is a very specific descriptor for a reason.

And to the last thing, the comic timeline is a timeline where eggman won some stuff. He owns part of the planet, pre reboot he owned a lot of the planet. It isn't the worst. Its still better than the blackdoom won timeline.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Okay, I just watched Jim Sterling's cut of the Anniversary Party Livestream since I didn't see it and JESUS GOD! That fucking annoying buzzing sound! Holy fuck. 

That stream

It might top konami 2010

1 hour ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Oh wait, Classic Sonic? Uuhh...Hm...Eh, close enough. Anything can change and if not, I'll take what I can get. ¦(

I would've preferred Blaze or Tails or Blaze or Knuckles or Blaze or Shadow or Blaze or BLAZE, but that's alright for now. Honestly, if the games fun, I'll be happy.

Hello fellow Blaze fan. ;^)

And yeah as UNLIKELY as it is... I too wish she'll be playable in someway... But I could only see that as a possibility for this game from couple ways realistically... #1: It ends up the truth is that a lot of characters are playable somehow and that the trailer just showed off the concept badly... or #2: the game actually has a companion system where only Modem Sonic is actually playable... while others "including classic Sonic" just follow Modem Sonic around and assist him like on Sonic 4 EP2.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

And yeah as UNLIKELY as it is... I to wish she'll be playable in someway... But I could only see that as a possibility for this game from couple ways realistically... #1: It ends up the truth is that a lot of characters are playable somehow and that the trailer just showed off the concept badly... or #2: the game actually has a companion system where only Modem Sonic is actually playable... while others "including classic Sonic" just follow Modem Sonic around and assist him like on Sonic 4 EP2.

Hello to you, too, my fellow fan of best girl. ¦3

Anywho, we'll just have to remain optimistic and wait as patiently as possible. I still have the fangame Sonic World to hold me over for now and I'll be playing the heck outta Mania when it comes out, but I really do hope we get to have some more characters playable in this game other than the Sonics. Even if it's just stuff outside of the story, though preferably in it. If not, then oh well. Again, if the game is good, I'll deal with it for now.

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as plot goes, I think the easiest thing to do would be to just have Sonic screwing around and trying to achieve max speed with his Boost ability, and accidentally Twilight Zoning himself in the process into a future where Eggman took control when he just had Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow to contend with.

"ClasSonic" just happened to use the Time Stones the wrong way at the same "time" and fast forwarded himself to this bad future.

Not much to go on, and while I'm not backflipping at the news of Classic Sonic it makes sense for SEGA to emulate their biggest critical and commercial success and the best Sonic game since SA2 in years, but... Yeah! Looks good! Boost is back (... probably?), the tone will be interesting  and the 'Resistance' stuff opens up the possibility of a large roster of other characters doing important things in the plot for a change.

My unfounded, baseless speculation from 2 views of the trailer is that this has something to do with the movie.

Holiday 2017 is my beloved Shenmue 3 time, though, so it's going to be a great old Christmas for Hyp3. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

And yeah as UNLIKELY as it is... I too wish she'll be playable in someway... But I could only see that as a possibility for this game from couple ways realistically... #1: It ends up the truth is that a lot of characters are playable somehow and that the trailer just showed off the concept badly... or #2: the game actually has a companion system where only Modem Sonic is actually playable... while others "including classic Sonic" just follow Modem Sonic around and assist him like on Sonic 4 EP2.

You buy them a dlc

he he he

-cries-

I may have been spoiled from Kirby Planet Robobot and it's dark undertones under the vibrant-ness of it all, but I'm not gonna lie and say I had that same feeling...

Until Classic Sonic showed up lol. But I'm the mind set currently of 'Let's See Where This Goes' until first scenes of gameplay is shown at least.

Can't say I'm excited. Cautiously optimistic I suppose. It should at the very least be a competently made game which functions as intended and is fun to play through.

Some part of me hopes that the modern gameplay has been changed and updated at the very least. Classic Sonic as a crutch bothers me - it feels almost certainly like it was an executive decision rather than one that Sonic Team wanted. Story and setting intrigue me, just needs to be good (ha!).

See this could have been just fine, were it not for the Classic Sonic goddamn giant-ass anchovie shunted on a potentially tasty pizza. And like anchovies, it leaves an annoyingly salty taste in my mouth. So much fear of reputation loss now, that they're scared of using even Tails and knuckles, two characters who've been there since the old times. Fuck what other people think - make a good game and they won't care. If mania can do it, why can't Sonic 2017.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll probably never play this or mania due to shit PC and not getting newer consoles for one game. But yeah.

Classic Sonic is really the one thing that I don't like much. Mania is already coming out too. That said, I really like the art style, looks kind of realistic and cartoony at the same time, much like Generations rather than the Lost World approach. Hopefully it'll have more original levels, but I was expecting basically Generations 2 for sure. Cautiously optimistic.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

"Enjoy your future" he said. "It's gonna be great" he said...I don't see anything great about giant robots destroying the city

Can't predict his own future.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm very excited about this title, I'm down for a boost game with Unleashed's tone, it's basically what I wanted out of the franchise (together with a 2D classic game). Classic Sonic inclusion weirds me out, but if he's got the boost too like the trailer would suggest, it would make him just an excuse to separate 2D levels from the 3D ones maybe? That would be a nice switch, since we never a full 3D level with the Boost formula!

I know the teams that worked on Colors and Generations are behind this title....but I hope it plays differently from the two....i'm kinda tired of the Unleashed/Colors/Generations formula. It's nice and all but for me it kinda ran dry. Can't wait to see gameplay tho. Told  myself I was done with Sonic but hopefully Mania and this will rekindle my love for the blue blur

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, LunarEdge said:

I know the teams that worked on Colors and Generations are behind this title....but I hope it plays differently from the two....i'm kinda tired of the Unleashed/Colors/Generations formula. It's nice and all but for me it kinda ran dry. Can't wait to see gameplay tho. Told  myself I was done with Sonic but hopefully Mania and this will rekindle my love for the blue blur

I would rather they just keep that engine. I wasn't a big fan of the engine from Sonic Lost World, and look how Sonic Boom turned out. Really, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

16 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

So much jumping to conclusions and so much "it's Generations 2" declaring, all because Classic Sonic showed up. Even though Iizuka clearly said this wasn't a sequel to anything and the game was going to be a brand new experience (i.e. not Generations). And it certainly looks that way. It's darker and more action-packed, something we haven't seen in years. It's hard to judge gameplay too. I mean, we didn't really see boosting in the teaser trailer for Generations. The name reveal for S4E1 didn't show the homing attack and air dash. I don't think the appearance of a character is really enough to judge at this time. If the tone of the game seems to be taking such a different route, then I'm keeping an open mind on this.

I definitely see a lot of potential in this title, but outside of the trailer we don't know a whole lot. Still, I'm very curious. I just hope the game is good. If it's not my thing personally, I could care less. I just want the game to be an enjoyable experience for a lot of people that brings in faith to Sonic again. I'm only one person.

I've already given reasons why I think it looks like Generations 2 and wasn't just Classic Sonic.

And, honestly, I'm glad the story seems to be taking itself seriously, but there are more important things and just because that changed doesn't mean all to much in the sense of being a brand new experience. The other things make it look like more of a retread to me.

1 hour ago, Scar said:

Can't predict his own future.

Technically, if Classic Sonic traveled to the future and saw this, Modern Sonic should have this information :U