Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

6 minutes ago, ChikoLad said:

Yes, but we're saying that, if there truly is more characters, they should have showed like, Tails or Knuckles, instead of Classic Sonic.

Unless Classic Sonic specifically really is to be one of the game's main features, like in Generations, then showing him now is a bad move, IMO. If he isn't as prominent as this trailer is leading us to believe, then his reveal should have been saved for later, or even kept as a secret within the game.

If you say so...

My assumption for the story is a lot like the ones other people are gravitating towards - Modern Eggman travelled back in time, booted Classic Sonic to the future, and joined forces with Classic Eggman to take over the past, sticking Classic and Modern Sonic in a future/present they no longer recognise, dealing with the consequences of Eggman's takeover.  The resistance, therefore, are all Sonic's friends, who are still cool and good but not as much as Sonic and that's why they haven't succeeded, not least because Modern Eggman knew all about them years in advance.  Shadow's either in cold storage or on Eggman's side just like how he started out in SA2, Omega doesn't exist, etc.  I guess the logical extension of my exact formulation is that Classic Eggman has now aged into Modern Eggman, and Modern Eggman into - Nega, who is now retconned as Future/Old Eggman, which makes enough sense that nobody will mind.

Count me among those who regarded the teaser as unusually dark, though.  Realistically-rendered city (I gather from comments in this thread that it's literally a real place?), realistically on fire, foreboding music, iron-grey Sonic Team logo and titles, flat-out referring to it as "the darkest of times."  The Sonics were the only thing tying it remotely to Sonic; it could've been from nearly anything without them.  Certainly it's a far cry from gaudily-coloured cartoon monsters sitting in garish cartoon landscapes cackling about destroying the world (with zero lasting consequences).

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, ChikoLad said:

Yes, but we're saying that, if there truly is more characters, they should have showed like, Tails or Knuckles, instead of Classic Sonic.

Unless Classic Sonic specifically really is to be one of the game's main features, like in Generations, then showing him now is a bad move, IMO. If he isn't as prominent as this trailer is leading us to believe, then his reveal should have been saved for later, or even kept as a secret within the game.

I'm with this

And this event probably would have been the most receptive to such things. 

There's a 0% chance Classic Sonic isn't a prominent feature in the game, just like there's no way those Egg Robots aren't gonna be bosses, or that there isn't going to be city destruction. The whole point of a reveal teaser is to give you an idea of a work's main themes. If Sega wanted to give people hope that Tails or Knuckles or Shadow are significantly playable then they would have put them in the teaser. But as it stands, there's literally no proof of their existence, so there's no way to rationally argue that they're there.

• Thumbs Up 7

I would argue that the "Join the Resistance" line at the very least suggests that the typical supporting cast will be there as non-playable characters. It also gives a glimmer of hope for playability. Just a little glimmer. 

I'm still hanging onto the idea that it's just gonna be a bunch of different Sonics we get to play as with slightly varied stats and abilities.

And you form a resistance group of Sonics.

And it's called the "Sonic Resistance".

And then that's the title of the game.

5 hours ago, Ajavalo said:

BTW, of all the varying complaints this game may and will get throughout the advertising period (a typical Sonic thing), there's at least one thing that's guaranteed to not come up at all:

"Why it won't come for X console?" and exclusivity stuff, because it'll be out for everything! :lol:

Well it's not going to be on my 3DS.

Doesnt matter I was more than likely get the NX

They're just the Death Egg Robot as seen in Generations with a new head. I don't see any reason to assume someone else is responsible.

• Thumbs Up 8

So Project Needlemouse Sonic 2017, eh? I'm in.

Love how Iizuka just came on stage and humorously kept the show going , and show us what ST have been cooking up all this time, and disappointingly it was a CGI trailer (although it kinda looks, realtime-y, not sure how to put it though).

I mean I was pretty shocked at Classic Sonic appearing, but not negatively or positively - rather neutrally, if that even makes sense...? But even though there's not much to tell about the way the game might play, I'm really interested at what this will be.

The world finally taken over by Eggman, a dystopian wreckage with huge robots all around, and Sonic seemingly angry at the sight..This might just be interesting, all I hope is that it's done well and is a middle ground between the newer games in tone - though I'm finding it hilarious how some (even outside of the fanbase) find the whole thing  "2edgy" just 'cause Sonic looks angry for 2 seconds in a burning city with a sunset. I don't think that what was seen was even ShTH/06 territory, really.

The whole "Join the Resistance" thing..That better not be a Two-Sonics-and-Tails exclusivse resistance, I hope. Would be pretty neat to see other characters rain down on Eggman for once and actually aid Sonic instead of being a bunch of cheerleaders or npc's, just having at least Knuckles and Amy being more involved would be enough.

uh... But yeah , I'm pretty excited for both Mania and this project, whatever It'll be like..?

• Thumbs Up 8

Who wants to bet that like most teasers this is probably the game's cg story intro?

5 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

Who wants to bet that like most teasers this is probably the game's cg story intro?

I think Sonic Generation's teaser wasn't in the actual game wasn't it? That appears to be the exception.

3 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

I doubt it but it's not impossible. I doubt it because the way that classic sonic jumps in out of nowhere doesn't really feel like it's taking place during the actual story. Unless they are going to start out with sonic rushing toward the giasnt robots then do a sort of flash back to show how they reached this point.

6 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

I doubt it; I think this is similar to the Generations first trailer, in that it's just here for marketing; same happened with Lost World and even Colours. 

4 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

I personally doubt it. After Generations and Lost World were revealed with CG trailers that were created purely for marketing reasons (although I think Lost World's trailer had gameplay in it as well?) I'd imagine that this teaser wouldn't be any different.

I'm pretty sure it's just a concept teaser trailer and isn't an actual scene in the game. The location is more than likely in the actual game, though. The only question is, will it be in ruins from the beginning, or will it happen later on?

This one seems more like a cutscene compared to those games, though. It would definitely fit a time travelling plot with both Sonic's transported to a future where Eggman's taken over the world. 

2 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

Dunno if this has been posted before

One image of the USB drives

Ci5LfZAWgAEq1fm.jpg

Isn't it taken from this?

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, ChikoLad said:

I'm still hanging onto the idea that it's just gonna be a bunch of different Sonics we get to play as with slightly varied stats and abilities.

And you form a resistance group of Sonics.

And it's called the "Sonic Resistance".

And then that's the title of the game.

That sounds

Shitty

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I was thinking of how the story could be set up, and I think I have an cool idea.

The story starts out with everything already having gone to shit. The entire first level is Sonic running through the ruins of a city recently attacked by Eggman's mechs, which has been given a very powerful boost in power, enough to take down Sonic without effort. The entire level is Sonic running through the destroyed city, avoiding the mechs, and trying to get through it. It ends with Sonic making a mistake, and about to be killed, Think the intro to Spider-Man Edge of Time or Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves. The story then cuts back to a period of time earlier, showing off the world before Eggman attacked it, given a contrast, and then perhaps a portion of the game is solely Modern Sonic. Gives set up to how Eggman got into power, and maybe even show Sonic fuck up badly (For example, maybe he got too cocky, and made too many mistakes, allowing Eggman time to use the Chaos Emeralds to power all of this machinery up). Not only would have a portion of the game star only Modern Sonic at least show this is still primarily his story, and adventure, with Classic as a tag along, but I think it would work really well from a story viewpoint.

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

That sounds

Shitty

You know, you could add a bit more and give some discussion value rather than just a "shitty". Honestly sounds like trolling more than anything, and it's really not that hard to give some constructive criticism in regards to the idea.

Im not trolling

That sounds bad, i wanna play as more people than sonic and that alternitive is worse

It was simple and to the point and unless a mod actively calls me out, i dont need you curating my speech.

• Thumbs Up 4