Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

If SEGA wants to include Classic Sonic, fine, but still keep the gameplay fresh and new. He isn't restricted to just 2D stuff. Don't make his inclusion feel like it was just to have 100% 2D levels. Please, for the love of god, make this mostly 3D. We have Mania now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Auto said:

Okay I really need an explanation of how all the classic Sonic love being shown in the next two games is oh so satanic

The implications from the trailer are a worrisome sign for things to come.

What really has me interested is that Iizuka said that this would not be a sequel... OK... than what do you call this? This screams Sonic Generations.

I don't want this to be the direction of Sonic. I don't games with both Classic and Modern Sonic being together as the norm. Generations was a fun, one time thing only. I wasn't aware that many people even wanted another one, to be honest. I knew that people wanted more Classic, but not like this. I want a fully 3D game, and I think Sega is too afraid to do that. This trailer is a heavy indicator that Sega is just too worried to let go of Classic Sonic's hand.

What would be the ideal future for Sonic, I think, is making both Classic and Modern games completely separate from each other. I want a game that's fully 3D similar to Sonic in the Adventure games or maybe even somewhat similar to Lost World.

I don't want a game where 3D is only a 1/3 of the experience.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 hours ago, Sr101 said:

because he has his own game and feels out of place and forced in modern sonic games now

Or they're just going by how well received Gens was and how its direction cleansed Sonic's image in the general public's eyes until Lost World went and ruined it

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Same as the old saying,@Auto:

One is good (Mania), two is better (Dash), but three is too much.

Apples, oranges, and papayas

• Thumbs Up 1

For all we know, the game could be like Unleashed which is what I would want and Unleashed wasn't a grimdark game at all, right?

@hoggy I can actually see Boom Sonic showing up in this if the "resistance" is just a bunch of Sonic's.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

So can people who are calling this "grimdark", even offhandily, explain why? I mean, it was fairly serious, sure, but it was hardly ShTH's opening levels of edge or whatever. It's nice to actually see some tension hinted in this trailer, with the latter bit with Classic Sonic's entry being an indication this definitely isn't going to be all doom and gloom. I really hope the game actually has the tone this trailer has.

As for Classic Sonic, I'm mixed on him coming back, but eh. Not really a dealbreaker for me even though I understand people's concerns.

the tone is fine, its hoestly no worse then chaos destroying station square

• Thumbs Up 8

3 hours ago, Sr101 said:

If SEGA wants to include Classic Sonic, fine, but still keep the gameplay fresh and new. He isn't restricted to just 2D stuff. Don't make his inclusion feel like it was just to have 100% 2D levels. Please, for the love of god, make this mostly 3D. We have Mania now. 

I wonder how they'd go about putting Classic Sonic in 3D.... Adventure 1 esuqe gameplay?

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

So can people who are calling this "grimdark", even offhandily, explain why? I mean, it was fairly serious, sure, but it was hardly ShTH's opening levels of edge or whatever. It's nice to actually see some tension hinted in this trailer, with the latter bit with Classic Sonic's entry being an indication this definitely isn't going to be all doom and gloom. I really hope the game actually has the tone this trailer has.

As for Classic Sonic, I'm mixed on him coming back, but eh. Not really a dealbreaker for me even though I understand people's concerns.

There wasn't anything grimdark about that. People freak out too readily over stuff like that. Sometimes I wonder if people have transformed into overconcerned parents or 4kids executives without having realized it.

"Oh no. Fire and destroyed buildings. It's too dark for children. Better keep them from playing this. And also, turn off Dragonball Z and Teen Titans. That's too rough. In fact. They can't watch Transformers anymore either."

• Thumbs Up 9

sanic generations 2 and a sonic fan game, yea this is totally that sonic 06 game fix we asked for.

you would not believe how much disappointment i have right now. maybe its time to find a new video game character

is mario any good

Only way this would be 100% okay with me is if they have 06, Dreamcast and Boom sonic too... and it's a group of a bunch of different sonics and friends and they're just skins essentially... 0% chance though 

• Thumbs Up 3

People are mostly afraid of another Sonic Next Gen or Shadow story, so implications of a dark tone is frightening to this fanbase

• Thumbs Up 8

I can never class this as Shadow the Hedgehog levels of grimdark. Do those giant robots look like something that Black Doom would come up with? Makes me think Eggman is to be a very serious threat.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Auto said:

I wonder how they'd go about putting Classic Sonic in 3D.... Adventure 1 esuqe gameplay?

Oh god I wish. I could see them just using boost gameplay but with spindashing and no homing attack... 

6 minutes ago, Celestia said:

So can people who are calling this "grimdark", even offhandily, explain why? I mean, it was fairly serious, sure, but it was hardly ShTH's opening levels of edge or whatever. It's nice to actually see some tension in this trailer, with the latter bit with Classic Sonic's entry being an indication this definitely isn't going to be all doom and gloom. I really hope the game actually has the tone this trailer has.

I don't think I'm being too unreasonable by worrying ST's gonna go too far in the opposite direction they were going in as they've been wont to do.

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_oar5jszX8Z1vxlawzo3_400.gif

Wait a minute...what technique is that?

Maybe the "Drop Dash" from Mania is gonna be in this game, too?

Just now, Neo_Fire_Sonic said:

is mario any good

Usually, last one had a bunch of different playable dudes and it was good.

So I just had a thought after noticing what my avatar is.

What if there is one gameplay style overall that's both 3D and 2D, but multiple Sonic's having different traits?

Classic has the Spin Dash

Modern has his toolset we are used to.

And then, as an example, Werehog is a little slower but still goes pretty fast (he could run fast in Runners), and excels against enemies and can grapple to stuff with his arms?

Just a thought I had.

And then the title could be "Sonic Resistance", as in, a resistance group made up of different Sonics.

If we get the multiple game styles thing again with more than two Sonics, or hell, even with just two Sonics, I hope they make gameplay style switching optional for how the player progresses, especially if fisticuffs kickboxing Sonic is included, no matter how good ST makes him play.

2 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_oar5jszX8Z1vxlawzo3_400.gif

Wait a minute...what technique is that?

Looks like the Jump Dash.

3 minutes ago, Sr101 said:

Only way this would be 100% okay with me is if they have 06, Dreamcast and Boom sonic too... and it's a group of a bunch of different sonics and friends and they're just skins essentially... 0% chance though 

06 Sonic is just Adventure Sonic...but shit

IIRC, the first Generations gameplay trailer came out about a week after the teaser, so it's possible we won't have to wait that long to see the first bits of the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

To be honest and I am a fan of light hearted stories, but I do want to see a adventure story with SOME dark elements. Like give us a Pixar-esuqe story. Don't give me Lost World or Colors writing where everything seems to be a joke. I want Sonic to also take things seriously as well like he did in the Adventure days. Please do not give us Sonic Colors writing please. 

Also I am so happy this game is for the PS4 and I REALLY hope they push the power of the PS4 like they did with the Genesis.

• Thumbs Up 6