Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Modern Sonic and "Adventure Sonic" are essentially the exact same design, just drawn differently. Adventure Sonic has droopier spikes and a slightly wider face. Dassit. Actually making him a separate character would be utterly redundant.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

"Is that... Sonic's Son?!?" - The Internet, Generations Reveal Trailer

:V

Lol, that actually happened?

8 minutes ago, Auto said:

Unleashed's difficulty was cheap at times and QTE's aren't fun at all imo, I'd rather not have that in another Sonic game. It doesn't really fit.

I think that's one of the main things that I like about it, though. It fixes the boost's problems that it has in normal Sonic gameplay. It's difficult to maintain; not as a fuel supply, but as a form of speed, since everything tries to get in your way, and you have to learn the nuances of the level design to really keep it consistently. It may be irritating to get the hang of first, maybe, but it's the only form of the Boost gameplay that makes you feel like an absolute boss for getting through a straight hallway, and the only way I can see SEGA fixing it; by just going back.

Helps that it keeps going up in speed the longer you hold it, as well, rather than being capped at a relatively low one in Gens.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Continuing the two Sonics thing was a bad idea and three Sonics would be a worse one.

Tbh I'm not concerned with the public overall, and I'm already disappointed with the direction to even include the second one, as well. In fact it's still ruining a lot of my hype for the game, even this far after the announcement. 

So my logic is: Why not make the best of it, and go all out? Perfect the gameplay, and actually get the most out of this "catering to different directions" out of the game?

You're not getting a focused, solo Sonic game out of this anyways, so why not?

And in terms of unfocused because of 3 different playstyles, I'm looking at SA2 when I'm thinking about this. That game segregated speed, platforming, and exploration, as well, and they were radically different gameplays in the first place. I find it hard to imagine people would have issues with it if it was actually all Sonic gameplay for once, paced in the same way.

And I'm not only talking about throwing fans of anything a bone; I'm more interested in getting the gameplay of all these sections right for once.

3 minutes ago, Nightly said:

My point is that I don't like the idea of splitting Sonic up into multiple Sonics at all. Not to mention that within Adventure fans there's a lot of different opinions on what makes an Adventure game an Adventure game. Some prefer SA1 and some prefer SA2. What would happen if a supposed Adventure Sonic took more from one of those and not the other? Then that would split that fraction of the fanbase further with one side asking for their SA1/SA2 Sonic. Then what if Sega tries to appease them by making two separate Adventure Sonics with slightly different gameplay? Then what if Heroes fans what their Sonic represented, or if 06 fans what that one, or the Riders design?

Doing that would be a very slippery slope imo.

Doing it with classic Sonic in the first place was a slippery slope to begin with. Again, might as well make the best of it while it lasts.

Though true, they could very easily mess it up. Idk

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

And in terms of unfocused because of 3 different playstyles, I'm looking at SA2 when I'm thinking about this.

Same, and that's why I don't want it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't hate unleashed's speed levels, but I'd rather not have the way its hardest levels are designed be a recurring thing because unbreakable walls and spikes in sections you'd expect to be able to boost freely in are just cheap to me and more fitting for a hardcore racing game than a 3D platformer, but I do see where you're coming from.

I don't think there'd be much point in adding a dreamcast sonic, not only is he pretty much modern sonic anyway but gameplay wise you could just do everything that you could do with him with modern sonic anyway (if they tighten up the controls for him and give him the spin dash and bounce bracelet back) and like everybody else has said already I think it'd be a bit too cluttered if we went for a third sonic for the sake of having a third gameplay style when there isn't much  need for all the busy work that would entail.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I know Classic Sonic was really light in 2017's trailer, but I'd love it if he were darker like in this thing.

It looks like Classic is turning into Modern slightly! A mix between cute and cool, I guess.

Could that be the in-game model?

12 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

Could that be the in-game model?

Can't imagine that it is, considering they used their Generations design in the teaser and this is significantly different.

• Thumbs Up 4

If that is the in-game, the drama about "Is the Project Sonic 2017 trailer is CG or not?" would be answered.

We can assume that the story will obviously take place after Sonic Generations, so I mean, I guess it would be okay to make him slightly darker and/or taller. Kinda of like the difference between Sonic 1/2/CD sprites and Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but then again the change can be just cause of the graphical update.

But for me it would make sense, to at least show that Classic Sonic have been through different adventures, that maybe Classic and Modern can talk about, maybe? Please? 

Aha, but all in all, I just hope that there's a time period and some form of change to Classic Sonic between Sonic Generations and to the next game he will be featured in. Just to show that he has "grown."

From what I read, Aaron said it's a fan made render. So anybody hoping this is the 2017 game's model wish isn't going to come true.

7 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

From what I read, Aaron said it's a fan made render. So anybody hoping this is the 2017 game's model wish isn't going to come true.

Well it was worth a try to think it would be. Although I still hope for some kind of change to Classic Sonic to show that he has aged, whether it's in game play or explained in the story.

And that's a great render, I wonder who did it?

Hm, my opinion is classic Sonic & Modern Sonic are suppose to be roughly the same age. I mean Classic Sonic was always around 15 just like Modern Sonic is now. They are just different art styles/versions of the same character. Classic Sonic isn't kid Sonic. And far as generations story goes... I'm pretty sure the whole game was just mostly 20th year fan-service and it thought of classic Sonic as literally the 90s past version of Sonic.

Classic Sonic was actually 16 before being retconned as 15-years old in Adventure, so there's no real indication what age the designs are supposed to represent. Although with the way he acts in Gens, I consider him at least a few years younger.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, FunkDoc1112 said:

Wasn't classic Sonic explicitly retconned to 10 years old, though?

Not anywhere that I've seen. And what would that make classic Tails, then? Like, 2 or 3?

• Thumbs Up 2

Huh. I seem to recall somebody mentioning some Generations promotional material or something stated Classic Sonic was 10 but it might be my memory jumbling things up.

I just thought it would be cool if this was Sonic CD Bad Future and Classic is attempting to help Modern save Bad Future. But I'm sure that isn't the case.

• Thumbs Up 4

21 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Not anywhere that I've seen. And what would that make classic Tails, then? Like, 2 or 3?

Not that it matters in any capacity, but Tails is 4 1/2 years old in AoStH (at least in the episode "Slowww Going" :P

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Not that it matters in any capacity, but Tails is 4 1/2 years old in AoStH (at least in the episode "Slowww Going" :P

Ah yes. That was the only episode of AoSth I owned on video as a kid. That and the one about the Raccoon Superhero. Never saw another episode of the show aside from those two over and over and over again...

But that's always been my head canon as well. So I assumed Classic Sonic was like 11. 

Well if they're going with Classic Sonic as his younger self, 11 wouldn't be that big a gap. Neither would 4 1/2 - we already have protagonists as young as 6 years old anyway.

I think it's pointless to talk about age because this is not that complex really as some would imagine. It seems that Sonic is ageless now and it doesn't matter how old he is. He is an adult with no specific age I would say. And since Sonic had some kind of past (where the manuals to those games will say he is 16 or 15 or whatever) it's pretty logical from life point of view to have young Sonic of some sort. And Classic Sonic is considered as young Sonic for obvious reason and with also no specific age, he just represents young self of Sonic.

I remember someone told me about Generations where both Sonics should be the same 100cm size in height (because info from manuals and stuff) and I wanted to facepalm just imagining it and how stupid this sounds. It's not that complicated, people! It's just a game!

• Thumbs Up 5

It's actually a lot simpler. Though people's interest in those minor details has nothing to do with how extremely complicated it all is, they just think everything should be displayed accurately to the info given. They're just focusing on stuff that doesn't matter.

• Thumbs Up 1