Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Solister said:

I found something that can be the game requirements for PC, I don't know if is official:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 2.0GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 250u
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB or AMD Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB
RAM: 2GB

GD Adjusted Requirements:

Processor: Intel Core i3-2115C 2.0GHz or AMD Athlon II X3 455
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GT 740 v2 or AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB
RAM: 3GB

Predicted Requiriments:

Processor: Intel Core i5-750 2.66GHz AMD Phenom II X4 945
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 AMD Radeon HD 5850 1024MB
RAM: 3GB

Found it in Game-Debate.com, you can also try the "Can I run it" section where avails your PC conditions and compare with game requirements.

I also found Mania requirements, check the Sonic Mania topic where I also post,

These seem to be pretty much the same requirements that both Generations and Lost World had. Either this is a mistake or spells some pretty bad news as to what ST is doing with the graphic engine this time around. I'm really hoping they don't continue the trend of downgrading everything. I had thought that with development moving to the PS4 and One that this would be an impossibility but they could easily just be using the same engine from the last two games unedited... Though, I guess this will be made clear as soon as we get our first look at gameplay.

Although, I guess there's always a 3rd option. A slim chance that ST are some unknown PC optimizing gods and they're able to push current gen graphical options on old hardware...

21 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

These seem to be pretty much the same requirements that both Generations and Lost World had. Either this is a mistake or spells some pretty bad news as to what ST is doing with the graphic engine this time around. I'm really hoping they don't continue the trend of downgrading everything. I had thought that with development moving to the PS4 and One that this would be an impossibility but they could easily just be using the same engine from the last two games unedited... Though, I guess this will be made clear as soon as we get our first look at gameplay.

Although, I guess there's always a 3rd option. A slim chance that ST are some unknown PC optimizing gods and they're able to push current gen graphical options on old hardware...

No way these requirements are real. We don't even have the title of the game, we're not getting hardware requirements earlier than a store page!

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

No way these requirements are real. We don't even have the title of the game, we're not getting hardware requirements earlier than a store page!

Honestly yeah. I guess the similarities in specs to the other titles is throwing off my judgement. The game probably hasn't even hit a final build so there's no way they're already past the optimization phase. This information shouldn't be out till we're like a month from release.

I guess if you want the game to be on the Switch, you gotta shoot for 7 year old PC hardware.

Still, I'm wondering how the hell Gamedebate supposedly got these numbers. I'm calling bullshit.

Before any gameplay footage? Nah, can't be real.

I recommend taking these specs with a grain of salt.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ajavalo said:

Interview with the Webber guy himself about SXSW here!:

https://gaming.sxsw.com/news/2017/sonic-the-hedgehog-what-it-means-to-go-fast/

In case you're too lazy to read it all, these are the main points you might be interested in:

-Yes, the panel is to talk about Sonic Mania and Project Sonic 2017, and Iizuka will be there specifically to talk about the latter, so expect the first true info blowout on it.

-Roger and Pollock are confirmed to have roles in PS 2017. Not too hard to imagine who they'll portray (or is it?).

-Take a look at these words about his teaser campaign:

Fans - IS IT SONIC ADVENTURE 3??!!!

IIzuka - No no, it's "insert name here" but maybe next time if the demand is great enough!

I predict that's EXACTLY how the name of the game will be revealed. lol

One thing I do recall hearing around 15 years ago during Heroes' release is how Iizuka felt the multiple gameplay styles in Adventure games "limited" their audience and how Heroes was meant to streamline the series. I wonder if that mindset will be retained for PS2017. We know there is a "new component" to the game, but does that necessarily mean a new gameplay style?

• Thumbs Up 1

What if Eggman gets a redesign again in Project 2017 as well?

I have to admit, I would love to see a new look for him I could take more seriously as well as the plot itself being less of a joke. I wouldn't mind some kind of hybrid between his Classic - Modern - and Satam design all combined into one in just the right way.

Even if it's something subtle like this...

sonic_x_s3u__concept_for_dr__eggman_by_t

Which still manages to make him look better, more... Overlord like which suits the game from what I've seen at least.

No matter what he looks like, one thing's clear though.

The E.G.G.M.A.N. wants YOU to join his empire -

eggman_strong_by_amuzoreh-d90jlzb.png

And conquer the world in 2017! Got what it takes to fight for his cause?

• Thumbs Up 4

In the latest twitch stream Gene mentioned that we will learn a Lot more about mania and 2017 on march 16. Hope we cannabis stop speculating about gameplay then. 

12 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

I have to admit, I would love to see a new look for him I could take more seriously as well as the plot itself being less of a joke. I wouldn't mind some kind of hybrid between his Classic - Modern - and Satam design all combined into one in just the right way.

Which still manages to make him look better, more... Overlord like which suits the game from what I've seen at least.

No, let's not ruin Eggman's design by injecting it with elements of a long-dead, long-irrelevant version that bore no resemblance to the original design and wouldn't fit the game universe's tone.  Let Julian stay in his grave where he belongs.

• Thumbs Up 7

6 hours ago, andrewtuell1991 said:

No, let's not ruin Eggman's design by injecting it with elements of a long-dead, long-irrelevant version that bore no resemblance to the original design and wouldn't fit the game universe's tone.  Let Julian stay in his grave where he belongs.

Well... Alright then...

On 3/3/2017 at 10:58 PM, Chris Knopps said:

Honestly we really don't need any more redesigns in Sonic, especially designs like this which fall into Boom levels of design where they just took the characters and added a bunch of  things too them that don't really add anything that relevant and clutters up what are supposed to be really simple and streamlined designs (ironically Eggman is one of the better Boom designs since they didn't really add too many irrelevant details). 

• Thumbs Up 3

45 minutes ago, Nightly said:

Honestly we really don't need any more redesigns in Sonic, especially designs like this which fall into Boom levels of design where they just took the characters and added a bunch of  things too them that don't really add anything that relevant and clutters up what are supposed to be really simple and streamlined designs (ironically Eggman is one of the better Boom is one of the better designs since they didn't really add too many irrelevant details). 

I fail to see how a cape and shoulder pads and some kind of claw is irrelevant. Please go into detail on that.

And please, explain to me thoroughly how on earth the fan concept I pointed out is in any shape/form near BOOM level whatsoever.

That Modern Dr. Eggman/SatAM Robotnik combo design is really interesting and cute as a fan design, but if I was to see anything like it in a Sonic game it would just feel shark-jumpy to me. All of the additions feel like unnecessary cliches. It adds nothing to the character except for a sense of melodrama, which I think is fairly antithetical to Eggman's character. Eggman doesn't need any of that dramatic cape, huge shoulder pads, robotic arm stuff. If my first exposure to Eggman was that design, it would make me think of him as another cliched supervillain rather than the unique, straightforward, iconic villain he is.

• Thumbs Up 8

I agree that the canon/SATAM combo is a bit much. Still, if we're operating under the premise that Sonic '17 is going to feature an Eggman who's already conquered the world I can't say I'd object to giving him a more... Dictatorial look. At least for this game.

58bcc9c90153f_EmperorEggman.thumb.png.d57cafbc1be9be456d57f1db7c739740.png

(Sorry about my drawing skills, I'm still honing them.)

• Thumbs Up 3

CANNOT WAIT FOR PROJECT 2017! It looks AMAZING! It is probably going to be 1 of my f@v0rite Sonic games.:D:D:D

It really does look AMAZING.

Tell me also if ya can't wait for Project 2017!:D:D See u there!

:):o:(BOOM!

Staff Edit: advertising via posts isn't allowed here. Feel free to advertise your channel via your signature.  

Honestly, if you were going to add more to Eggman's design to make him menacing and dictatorial while still keeping that Eggman charm, one way you could do that would be to focus on the presentation and feel. It's all about what you're trying to convey. That mechanical arm is actually a nice touch, but you could either streamline it so it doesn't look too big and ungainly even for his cartoony body. Function is also important - wouldn't want spiky pauldrons/shoulders given how they can easily get in the way.

I actually wouldn't mind an even more militaristic look for Eggman, but the SatAM touches don't really speak "military dictator" than they do "evil guy" - one way to make him more like a dictator would be to add epaulets that round along his shoulders (complete with Eggman Empire insignia) and maybe take some cues from his Boom design that makes him more imposing while still retaining that egg shaped body. That's actually one of the few things I like about Boom's designs, as Eggman's design there would easily convey a dictator who's waging war on the world.

That said, capes aren't exactly the best idea. :P

• Thumbs Up 5

This talk of making Eggman more "militaristic" reminds me of this:

IMG_3276.thumb.PNG.dd904ff39b3ec2d0197b47e817d11b5d.PNG

On an unrelated note, I saw Patton last week and am only just now realizing that this cover is an homage to that film.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm, for Nega I might give him some kind of big collar adornment that would suggest more the inverted egg-shape also used by Boom Eggman...  At any rate, while I agree that a hypothetical "Emperor Eggman" really should have a costume upgrade compared to his usual self, it would have to be handled with care.  Not just the costume, but the presentation, for that matter; a lot of the time, I forget that Eggman is meant to be egg-shaped.  Literally showing him in silhouette now and then wouldn't hurt.