Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, McGroose said:

Do people really see Spagonia in this? I'm getting more of an Apotos vibe. 

The path that they're running on towards the end kinda reminds me more of Spagonia's design.

4 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

I just wanna say that we probably shouldn't get our hopes up for playable characters besides the Sonics, or anything that isn't boost gameplay.

Sonic Mania is being developed by a completely different team, though.

I know. But I think Sega are actually paying more attention to what makes classic Sonic games so good, and they might use Mania as a motivation to improve classic Sonic's feel compared to how he felt in Generations. I'm not saying it's guaranteed to happen, and we still need to see the gameplay to make the call, but I'm definitely optimistic for the possibility of rolling physics once more.

My initial thoughts.

Not excited... but interested. 

Basically, it felt like Sonic 06, it was pretty serious and I didn't like it... then classic Sonic showed up and I thought 'it can't be that serious, he looks so happy.'

• Thumbs Up 9

Just now, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Guys...GUYS!

Something's not right.

@Ferno is actually around this time! Could it be a sign? What does it MEAN?!?!

It's why we just got a repeat game, SEGA sensed Ferno's presence and bait-and-switched with Generations

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KHCast said:

The path that they're running on towards the end kinda reminds me more of Spagonia's design.

I can see a little bit of both, honestly. Apotos Run it is!

But really, I seriously hope that this teaser isn't an indicator of what types of level themes we can expect throughout the game. Cities like Spagonia and Apotos (to a lesser extent) bore me the most.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just want to say, yes classic Sonic is in the game but it doesn't mean it's gonna be Generations 2. They might so something cool and original with the game. And we are judging the game based on a 1 minute trailer. So I wouldn't be so cynical about this game yet.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know how to feel actually. I mean, the graphics are nice, and the game seems past paced but there's a big problem for me:

I HATED Classic's gameplay in Generations.It felt so wierd for me. Probably because i never played a classic game before.

I will still buy it along with Mania. I will wait for gameplay.

1 hour ago, Burnt Ash said:

The word resistance makes me a little optimistic for the fate of the other characters. I know it's complete speculation, but I feel like they'll have more of a role than glorified cheerleaders. In any case, I was pleasantly surprised by the presentation; the tone definitely seems different than Colors and Generations, which is something I can't complain at all.

Honestly, I think they were just trying to sound cool. Hopefully, the others will be there though. I agree with you about the tone though. I want to see them handle something that can have dark elements in it without going too far in one direction. No super edge dark nonsense like with Shadow and 06 but also no super boring, let's-throw-a-bunch-of-jokes-at-you-and-hope-they-stick nonsense like with a few of the titles we've been getting recently. 

I'd like a middle grounded game again. 

• Thumbs Up 8

I can't believe I'm saying this but I can't get excited for this game. Not yet anyways. The trailer did look cool and it's not the games fault but I'm just getting tired of seeing nothing but CGI only trailers without any gameplay it's hard to get an idea of what the game is ya know? It's pretty much an issue I had with E3 as a whole. And this is a little nitpicky but I kinda wished that I didn't see Classic Sonic again nothing against him since he's already in mania. 

On the plus side at least we got confirmation that it's coming to the NX(called it!) so there's that. I hope that Sonic isn't the only playable character but hey it's pretty much what it's been since the last 10 years so oh well. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, we can at least see Classic Sonic as a sign that this won't be 100% ShTH-esque grimdark, right?

I mean, it's definitely not what I wanted, but it does come with a ray of hope that we can expect it not to be so overwhelming.

2 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

Just want to say, yes classic Sonic is in the game but it doesn't mean it's gonna be Generations 2. They might so something cool and original with the game. And we are judging the game based on a 1 minute trailer. So I wouldn't be so cynical about this game yet.

I sat through hours of a shit stream and got thia underwhelming trailer at the end. 

I'll be cynical thanks

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Mikyeong said:

Look, you wouldn't be saying this is we were all wetting ourselves over it, so please don't say it now. It's a bit condescending and totally necessary. And besides that, reading this thread I'm seeing a variety of level headed responses on every side. If people are disappointed in what they see, let them be.

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks like they're finally embracing the darkness I love from the Adventure games!!! It appears to be a screwed up City Escape and while I really wanted a full 3D game with other playable characters, Generations is my 3rd favorite Sonic game so I'll take another one with all new levels!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, VolatileMike said:

I'm amazed at the reactions here. I thought everyone would be gushing about them FINALLY turning back to a serious tone for the first time in 8 years. Instead, people are complaining that this is Sonic Generations 2. Did everyone forget that Iizuka actually paused, right before the trailer, to clarify that this would not be a sequel? 

people are complaining classic sonic showed up.

They have it, they have a lot of it. They didn't want that in the main game.

• Thumbs Up 4